Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,112 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? (164656 Views)

Meaning Of LOL, LMAO, LMDAO And BTW / Full Meaning Of Some Common Slang's Use In Chatting / Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Raypawer(m): 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
johnugwu: Dudes y all dis sad responses?if u dont knw keep queit, must u post?

the question asked for the meaning of MTN, nd nairalanders gave u d meaning, now ur calling it sad response...

Well ur the 1 sad, cos for me, the meaning is MONEY THIEFING NETWORK, shikina

1 Like

Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by olybob: 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
MTN:- Mobile Telecommunication Network.
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Culbobby(m): 1:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
Empty-hen
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Sweetlemon(f): 1:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
mikeyhernadez: MTN =Manage The Network [joke]
MTN =Mobile Telephone Network

I hope the second one was also a joke cos it's not the correct meaning
OP, it is mobile telecommuinication network
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by ocheejemb: 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2013
dulphines:

The OP should have been more specific with his question. MTN could mean anything from
1. Microbicide Trials Network.
2. Minneapolis Telecommunications Network.
3. Mobile Technology Network.
4. Main Telephone Number or
5. Maintenance.

He should have asked of the meaning of MTN Nigeria or something more specific.

What other MTN could he realistically have been asking of?
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Angelahoney: 1:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
My Time is Near.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Aghagba(f): 1:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
MTN-eMpTiNess everywhere,u go
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Adehwale: 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
dulphines: @OP, The acronym MTN means alot. It could mean

1. Microbicide Trials Network.
2. Minneapolis Telecommunications Network.
3. Mobile Technology Network.
4. Main Telephone Number or
5. Maintenance.

It all depends on what you have in mind. Be more specific with your question.
Google search in action.
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by delors(m): 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
Managing The Network...
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Raypawer(m): 1:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
jas_o: It is Mobile Telecommunication Network.
Those fools who derive fun in spoiling the company name should desist or go and die.
This is why you people don't grow. The logical reasoning that should have been imployed to make your point known will be burry for illogical and brainless unterances of yours. Either you like it or not, the system has tremendiously impacted possitively in Nigeria. It gave you employment. procuce star through project fame; these are people who had no hope in making it through their naturally gifted tallent because their Govt. have betrayed them. but with the company and the rest tellecomunication comapanies hope was revived. Dont be an ingrate, try appreciate what we are pressently getting. More good things are still in offing for all of us, let us all be pattient.

Go jam head for wall nonsence!

We should be grateful to a Telecommunication Network that came in to Nigeria and sold their sim which is N100 today at the rate of N18,000 of which my mum bought as at then and is still using till date.

If i'll be thankfull @ all, its Glo who came in and brought down the price of sim(s) to N100, and Etisalat who brought down browsing tarrif to 5kobo per kb, and introduced the free 15MB after N200 recharge per week and lots of bonus.
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by chucky234(m): 1:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
Chai see responses,I no com even know wetin to post.
I dey come back,make I think more first
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Godwin978(m): 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
Most thiefs in nigeria
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
MULTI TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORK
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
M.T.N. :- Manage This Network

1 Like

Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by ocyno2001: 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
MTN means MISTAKE TO NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by ProfOwah(m): 1:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
MTN= My Teacher Number
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by chucky234(m): 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
Raypawer:

Go jam head for wall nonsence!

We should be grateful to a Telecommunication Network that came in to Nigeria and sold their sim which is N100 today at the rate of N18,000 of which my mum bought as at then and is still using till date.

If i'll be thankfull @ all, its Glo who came in and brought down the price of sim(s) to N100, and Etisalat who brought down browsing tarrif to 5kobo per kb, and introduced the free 15MB after N200 recharge per week and lots of bonus.
Well you got it all wrong,Vmobile was the first to sell veego SIM pack at N1000 then later N500 when they took over from Vadocom while Celtel was also the first to sell SIM pack at N200 and not Glo as you have said.
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Chekitaut: 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
Nigerians dey vexs oooooo, Something good about this nation "If u exploit them, the end will be catastrophe" MTN quote "per sec billing is visible in 2015" i fear when i here dis in 2002.
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by SilentCrescendo: 1:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
Those fools who derive fun in spoiling the company name should desist or go and die.
This is why you people don't grow.

Chill dude, they're just kidding and here you're getting all worked up about it. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 11, 2013
This is why you people don't grow. The logical reasoning that should have been imployed to make your point known will be burry for illogical and brainless unterances of yours. Either you like it or not, the system has tremendiously impacted possitively in Nigeria. It gave you employment. procuce star through project fame; these are people who had no hope in making it through their naturally gifted tallent because their Govt. have betrayed them. but with the company and the rest tellecomunication comapanies hope was revived. Dont be an ingrate, try appreciate what we are pressently getting. More good things are still in offing for all of us, let us all be pattient.

Before you talk nonsense. How did you know if the OP is referring to the Communication Network?. He asked the meaning of MTN and there are lots of words that makes use of the letters MTN. You can't even spell very well. Chai you have betrayed your government and you are imparting negativity on your country. your natural brain doesn't work at all you need artificial one.
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 11, 2013
grin reminds me of wen we do recharge with *555*1* .....,who is fooling who,mtn or our fellow nigerians. Make una free MTN joor.
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Yseone(m): 1:41pm On Apr 11, 2013
MTN=Maryann Tunde Nelson
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Raypawer(m): 1:44pm On Apr 11, 2013
chucky234: Well you got it all wrong,Vmobile was the first to sell veego SIM pack at N1000 then later N500 when they took over from Vadocom while Celtel was also the first to sell SIM pack at N200 and not Glo as you have said.

am tellin u what i know, when i travel home, i will scan the reciept and send it for u to see, and how about browsing nko? MTN no get mouth jor!
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by fabulous01(m): 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
Manage The Network
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by JuanDeDios: 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2013
It's Mobile Telephone Network. But they don't use that name. They're simply MTN. The way BP no longer uses British Petroleum and are just BP.
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Petbuk123(m): 1:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
If u dont know,MTN S formd 4rm yoruba words dts because it was sanjo's tym,bt d oyinbos dnt knw ao 2 pronounce it leading 2 d english pronounciation.ok u won hear?hun hun...clear throat M-maaaaaaaaa T-taaaa N-naija. No offence made plz jst sayin d meaning.lolz

1 Like

Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by TeenageMoney(m): 1:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
Manage This Network
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Vincent41(m): 1:54pm On Apr 11, 2013
johnugwu: Dudes y all dis sad responses?if u dont knw keep queit, must u post?

4k u for saying such
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by adeyak83(m): 1:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
Most Thiefs Nation - MTN
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by floriana(m): 1:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
MTN? I cannot categorically give you one full meaning now......
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Burger01(m): 1:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
MTN... My Thief Network... Yhelloo!!!... sad
Re: What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? by Immaangel(f): 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2013
Pls i nid a part time job. Am in Hnd1 and i reside in owerri imo state. U can call me on 08175135523

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? / Samsung Official Thread / How To Reset Or Unlock Android Pattern Security Lock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.