Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Need Advice Please - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Advice Please (1323 Views)

Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! / Forgot To Print Online Nigerian Visa Application Form! Any Advice Please? / Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice Please by udezij(m): 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2007
I am a Nigerian,a student in the Uk,which country can one go on holidays without applying for visa.Hope to hear from you all
Re: Need Advice Please by bowa(m): 10:05am On Nov 05, 2007
Hi friend,i don't think there is a well developed country you can go without getting a visa,not a citizen for that.So take your time friend.you can aswell come to naija cos it's happening here
Re: Need Advice Please by udezij(m): 10:42am On Nov 05, 2007
Hi friend,are you in Nigeria or Uk
Re: Need Advice Please by Vicjustice: 10:52am On Nov 05, 2007
udezij:

I am a Nigerian,a student in the Uk,which country can one go on holidays without applying for visa.Hope to hear from you all
You can visit any country that a regular Nigerian passport can visit without visa, the UK permit does not influence your eligibility except that you might not need transit visa for the countries that would usually require transit visa for Nigerian passport holders.
Help yourself through the link below:

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/international_travel_information/visa_passport_information/
Re: Need Advice Please by darkroll(m): 10:15am On Nov 10, 2007
Heah , come to the Seychelles for vacation .

You dont need a visa
Re: Need Advice Please by D328babe: 11:45am On Nov 18, 2007
darkroll:

Heah , come to the Seychelles for vacation .

You don't need a visa

Wot's the Seychelles like?. Is there much to do?
Re: Need Advice Please by temikay1: 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2007
i heard switzerland, but i don't know how true it is
Re: Need Advice Please by udezij(m): 1:29pm On Nov 19, 2007
temi kay:

i heard switzerland, but i don't know how true it is

Yes you can travel to Switzerland without a visa,that is if you are in Uk and you student visa
Re: Need Advice Please by jacq(f): 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2007
I am nigeria with a european permit but i need visa to enter the UK even with my naija pass.
Re: Need Advice Please by toshmann(m): 4:49pm On Nov 20, 2007
@ude

i hear you can travel to swit2erland, however if you can get a schengen visa u can move round most of EU. however note that most embassies are becoming wary of nigerian students in the UK trying to travel around. . . . one of those punishments for the "sin" of being a nigerian. neways, try get a schengen, i guess irish embassy/french embassy/dutch will be the easiest to get and with that u can go anywhere within the schengen countries.

i'll advice you to avoid the american embassy. and if you ask me, i'll say u postpone travels to spring break. travelling now will get the unduly suspicious embassies wondering . . ."why does he want to travel so soon after entering europe" na one of those things we see in a fair world, but be happy and grateful to God, luckily they cam measure or tax happiness, at least for now.
Re: Need Advice Please by udezij(m): 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2007
toshmann:

@ude

i hear you can travel to swit2erland, however if you can get a schengen visa u can move round most of EU. however note that most embassies are becoming wary of nigerian students in the UK trying to travel around. . . . one of those punishments for the "sin" of being a nigerian. neways, try get a schengen, i guess irish embassy/french embassy/dutch will be the easiest to get and with that u can go anywhere within the schengen countries.

i'll advice you to avoid the american embassy. and if you ask me, i'll say u postpone travels to spring break. travelling now will get the unduly suspicious embassies wondering . . ."why does he want to travel so soon after entering europe" na one of those things we see in a fair world, but be happy and grateful to God, luckily they cam measure or tax happiness, at least for now.

Good advise thanks,one of the things i love is traveling to other countries as tourist or visiting friends.I don't know the requirement of getting a schengen visa
Re: Need Advice Please by temikay1: 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2007
book an hotel, buy travel insurance, submit a letter from your school saying confirming you are a student with them, your current bank statement and completed application form.
Re: Need Advice Please by udezij(m): 5:28pm On Nov 20, 2007
temi kay:

book an hotel, buy travel insurance, submit a letter from your school saying confirming you are a student with them, your current bank statement and completed application form.

But what if i don't have bank statement,what do i do
Re: Need Advice Please by temikay1: 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2007
if you don't have bank statements, you need to purchase traveller's cheque to show you are able to finance your trip, but note that cash is not acceptable as proof.
all the best!!
Re: Need Advice Please by funkybaby(f): 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2007
@udezji
You do not have a bank statement?? I think i remember your username. You got your visa at about the same time as D10. Why not be a little patient and put the 'travelling around europe' plans on hold for now. Get a job, save and build your financial profile. Dont make the same mistake that people before you have made. Anyway,if you are still bent on getting the schengen visas, i advice you go through france embassy. They very rarely refuse nigerian students in the uk. You can google their web address to read the visa requirements and also book a date online.
Re: Need Advice Please by Vicjustice: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2007
toshmann:

@ude

Ireland is not a Schengen state wink.

(1) (Reply)

Visa To Dubai From India / Urgent / Moving To Germany Any Advice On How Is The Racism And The Crime Rate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.