Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,725 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:07 AM

Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? (68261 Views)

Is Wrestling Real, Fake, Acted, Or Drama?check Out / Is Wrestling Real Or Acting? World Wrestling Entertainment / Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by SugaLips(f): 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2007
C'mon guys World Wrestling Entertainment! Even name gives itself away. It's just for entertainment purposes, the stories are made up before they get there. What's the probability that they know exactly where there would be a free chair that just happened to be a metal chair? That the person they're about to hit won't see them coming? They are just actors like the Hollywood actors except they're on steroids and stuff.

Truth is that no one would really ever know for sure because it's their trade secret and if people knew it was staged they'd stop watching. Get it?
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by SAMDORA(m): 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2007
For where! who say that thing na real? that thing na arrangement to entertain us only! make una shine una eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Pepeye(f): 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2007
Its all acting, some bits are real some are not
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by skyfaze(m): 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2007
i can't believe that people still believe that wrestling is not real,how say that when the can allow you to pick a ticket and go in to waTCH WHAT is not real
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by folahann(m): 8:34pm On Jan 31, 2008
@Skyfaze
Just go and check yahoo homepage right now and see the result of your. . , . . . . . . . .
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by folahann(m): 8:42pm On Jan 31, 2008
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by gentlegg(m): 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2008
I know it will be hard to convince doubters here that WWE is real and not tricks and whatever you assume it is. Especially all these their pay -per -view matches.

What do u guys mean by acting, nollywood-like? Even in Nollywood, most of the actions are real, eg when you see Omotala eating in Nollywood, isn't the food real? U see her kissing with Jim Iyke, isn't it real? Though it was acted but the eating, kissing are real actions not computerised images. But when u see Omotala flying as a ghost in Nollywood, then definitely that is not real, it's technologically manipulated action.

So when U see Tripple H hit somebody with the sledge hammer, do u mean 2 tell me is a ghost-like action? Whether the winner is pre-determined or not, d actions are not like seeing Bruce Lee flying from a 10 storey building to d ground or seeing James Bond shoot 20 people with his usually small pistol.

If it's reall why not teeth falling on the ground? That is where the magic dey that made u guys thing is fake. Those guys are licenced to take drugs that made their skin/body entirely different from ours. THEY TAKE HARD DRUGS

www.wwe.com
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by zxelon: 6:37am On May 13, 2008
*sigh* wrestling is most definitely 100% fake. i repeat wrestling is [/b]FAKE[b]. Seriously, do you really think someone could really get hit with a chair and not get hurt? Or even get their head slammed straight into the floor and not suffer from a concussion? if you want to see real fighting watch UFC. now that is real plus it requires a lot more skill rather than just brute force. just like in the ufc match were there was a ufc fighter vs a pro wrestler. the ufc fighter wasn't as big and muscular as the wrestler, but he knew a bunch of martial arts and different techniques. guess who won? (the ufc fighter won in case you didn't know).
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by leopower(m): 7:10pm On May 13, 2008
WWE is pure acting, cool
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by A40(m): 6:23pm On May 16, 2008
Its not just fake its a farce
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by 9jaboi1(m): 12:28pm On May 27, 2008
fake rubbish
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by amylizzy(f): 9:46pm On May 27, 2008
for me i'll say it'ws this- wwf is straight up real but when it turned into wwe it's now fake, i watch it every monday night raw and all it total fake that's why it's called world wrestling ENTERTAINMENT although they hit each other real becuse i've been to their matches it's real hitting but FAKE GAME.

Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by A40(m): 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2008
@amylizzy
Pardon the Interruption but are you looking for a brotha? cheesy.You cute though
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by amylizzy(f): 2:57am On Jun 23, 2008
winkthxs A-40.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by boner: 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2008
WWE is real,for dos of you who does,nt have wisdom of knowing b/w real and fake
should please try to wach wrestling very well befor coming to nairaland distobing us that
is not real.(My best superstar is jonh cena the 3time wwechampion and the formar 3time
wwe unated state champion so be sure is real you fools.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2009
U guys need to watch what randy orton did to triple H's wife on smackdown, how chris jericho dealt with cena during his first after surgery, what matt hardy did to jeff hardy, how long it took undertaker to beat shawn micheal at wrestlemania 25, the list is endless. It is those that watch only local stations that say wrestling is fake. ECW is acted but definitely not smackdown or no way out. U guys need to upgrade yur knowledge on some things. During wrestlemania, a total number of 80,000 came to watch it. Are they that dumb?
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 20, 2009
Wrestling:past,presnt and future is SCRIPTED.And therefore not real.

forget the drama.It's all make-believe.If you don't believe me,check on answers.com.There is what you call story-lines.It's entertainment,that's why 80000 fans can go to watch wrestlemania.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ bay, av u watched uncensord fights btw mankind and undertaker, mcmannon and orton? Check them out.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 20, 2009
Guy,
I have seen it:the one he fell from the top of a cage.
Read "have A Nice Day" by Mick Foley,the guy whoplayed the "Mankind" character.
Each uncensored fight is SCRIPTED to make it look real.
There is a thing they call BLADING,where wrestlers make marks on their bodies,especially forehead,to make it look like they've been brutally beaten so as to induce bleeding.
Wrestling is real in the sense that the moves are real.But like i said:it's all scripted.There's a winner and a loser before they enter the ring.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by olaolaking: 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2009
There are one that are real but all those one you watch are just for entertainment. They fake things and discuss all what they want to do at the stage before the fight. They discuss style, when and how they will do. I heard it life from mr Hulk hurgan.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by thayur(m): 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2009
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy angry angry angry angry angry angry[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
it is not 100% eal the real ones are always boring just lyk wrestle mania
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Polyflexzy(m): 2:04pm On May 05, 2009
Yes, it is real,
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 05, 2009
Polyflexzy:

Yes, it is real,

Type in "Pro wrestling" in Wikipedia or any search engine and see what you get.
Don't be fooled by the hype,k?
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by PSPGOD(m): 3:38am On Jun 02, 2009
Well when wrestling first started it was real.But over the years it was getting less real and less real.It really started getting fake when it was called WCW.Then WWF and off to WWE.Even though i love watching it its fake. ps im watching it right now grin
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2009
PSP,
It's never been real.
I grew up on watching wrestling,AWA and NWA and i must confess,it looked real then.Ric Flair would make it look legitimate each time he was going for the world Title.and we would all be absorbed to tune in the next week to see what would happen.
WCW had always existed,in fact it ran parallel to WWF.But by then,wrestling had lost a lot of its beleivability.
Now,it's a farce.
The stunts have always been real (Mankind falling off a cage,ladder matches etc).The wrestlers usually end up worse for it.
But all matches are scripted,i.e. rehearsed such that they put markers or indicators as to when to carry out each move.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Cristalz(f): 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2009
Real or fake. . .the entertainment is always worthwhile! grin

I miss the days of Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan. And my darling Hitman Hart. sad

grin grin grin
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by kpoxyresin: 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2009
PLZ FOR HEAVENS SAKE, THIS THING IS NOT REAL because THIS GUYS PRACTICE THEIR SKILLS 4 A LONG TIME, THEY ARE BEING PAID BY WWE and of course , u  DONT HAVE TO BE TOLD THAT THESE GUYS TAKE A LOT OF STEROIDS THAT HELPS TO REDUCE THE PAINS,

If u doubt me, walk into any GOOD PHARMACY in ur town and ask 4 a STEROID, a u will  bounnd to get  JAMB BOOKLET filled with questions,

But, if I were right I wud say that when they challenge each other, its real but even at that I believe that there is still a high level of caution,

Pls, no matter the beef where u get with ur pally or with ur chic,pls don't try what THESE GUYS DO AT HOME!

http://socceralive..com
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by PSPGOD(m): 4:02am On Jun 03, 2009
yea,i miss the old days of wrestling 2 ,cristalz
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Okaakoko(m): 10:15pm On Jun 26, 2009
Its very real when you talk of SMACKDOWN, Others may not be real, i even dout if ECW is real. But for SMACKDOWN, NO MERCY, JUDGEMENT DAY, EXTREME RULES, NO WAY OUT, WRESTLE MANIA, and many more. If you take your time to watch these fights you will see its not fake. Ask CHRIS JERICO what broke his front teeth, ask MATT HADY what is wrong with his hand, and many more, or was that part of the script? PLEASE TAKE TIME TO COMPARE ECW AND SMACKDOWN. You will then know the real and the fake. 75% of WRESTLING is REAL.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by yousouph(m): 10:55am On Jun 27, 2009
Neither Smackdown or ECW is real. I have been watching far back early 90's of WWF and nobody can convince me its all real but just pure entertainment which i dey gbadun anytime. DONT TRY THIS AT HOME, STREET, PLAYGROUND AND MAYBE NIGERIAN NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Daboncrush(m): 3:21am On Jan 12, 2010
Its very FAKE!! So people still believe in things like DAT?
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Daboncrush(m): 3:23am On Jan 12, 2010
Its very FAKE!! So people still believe in things like DAT?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World Cup: Russia Vs Croatia - (2 - 2) Croatia 4 - 3 On Penalties / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 / Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.