Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

How Does It Feel...... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does It Feel...... (4327 Views)

15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? / Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does It Feel...... by taryour(f): 7:10pm On Apr 09, 2012
Hi every one just wondring how its like to hear ur baby say MUM or DAD,av asked 3 of my frnds now and they all tell me they never knew its what they were saying,is this true or they just dint concentrate to hear them or what? Am realy excited nd waiting to hear my sons first words.he is 7months now. Mothers and fathers abeg share ur experience with me. Tnx
Re: How Does It Feel...... by ronkebp(f): 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2012
taryour: Hi every one just wondring how its like to hear ur baby say MUM or DAD,av asked 3 of my frnds now and they all tell me they never knew its what they were saying,is this true or they just dint concentrate to hear them or what? Am realy excited nd waiting to hear my sons first words.he is 7months now. Mothers and fathers abeg share ur experience with me. Tnx

I love hearing it, my baby, says( mimmy, he is 20 months old) my face lights-up when he calls me that, you know, having a little one to call you mummy, is just divine. I love my soldier.....
Re: How Does It Feel...... by taryour(f): 8:53pm On Apr 09, 2012
ronkebp:

I love hearing it, my baby, says( mimmy, he is 20 months old) my face lights-up when he calls me that, you know, having a little one to call you mummy, is just divine. I love my soldier.....

awwww.. So sweet n cute. Am so ansious. How old was ur son wen he called u mimmy? Tnx for ur response
Re: How Does It Feel...... by ronkebp(f): 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2012
taryour:

awwww.. So sweet n cute. Am so ansious. How old was ur son wen he called u mimmy? Tnx for ur response

I think when he turned 12-15 months, he started with his 'dada', and the graduated to dadi.....now he sees me and calls me 'mimmy' and his dad' dadi",

He says other words like ''not nice''...when you yell at him or spank him.....lol
Re: How Does It Feel...... by taryour(f): 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2012
ronkebp:

I think when he turned 12-15 months, he started with his 'dada', and the graduated to dadi.....now he sees me and calls me 'mimmy' and his dad' dadi",

He says other words like ''not nice''...when you yell at him or spank him.....lol

wow. So he started with dada? Very sweet. God bless ur family
Re: How Does It Feel...... by blank(f): 10:47am On Apr 10, 2012
I think it's easier for kids to call daddy first. My kid started with "addy" and i keep encouraging him. Mummy will come at its own time. The funny thing is that i don't even know when he is saying it cos he says a whole lot of stuff that does not make sense to me. Just that he will stretch out his hand to his dad to carry him then i kinda get it.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by taryour(f): 12:30pm On Apr 10, 2012
blank: I think it's easier for kids to call daddy first. My kid started with "addy" and i keep encouraging him. Mummy will come at its own time. The funny thing is that i don't even know when he is saying it cos he says a whole lot of stuff that does not make sense to me. Just that he will stretch out his hand to his dad to carry him then i kinda get it.

" addy " so funny. Tnx ma. Will try wacth out for my son.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by tasandra: 5:23pm On Apr 10, 2012
there s nothin to compare that wonderful feelins smiley smileyso gr8t to hear dem call mama,but their wahala nobi small ;Dwe bless God 4the gift.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by agiboma(f): 9:35pm On Apr 10, 2012
@ op it feels wonderful the first time my son said mom i almost cried, it was so beautiful at first i didnt understand what he was saying but eventually i did, even now i love to hear it. I think his voice is the sweetest thing ever, but im bais, my son is now 20 months.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by taryour(f): 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2012
agiboma: @ op it feels wonderful the first time my son said mom i almost cried, it was so beautiful at first i didnt understand what he was saying but eventually i did, even now i love to hear it. I think his voice is the sweetest thing ever, but im bais, my son is now 20 months.

aww,so sweet. Am sure am gona cry too wen i hear my son call me mum.i realy cant wait. God bless our kids.they are indeed a gift to treasure forever.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by EfemenaXY: 8:33am On Apr 11, 2012
taryour: Hi every one just wondring how its like to hear ur baby say MUM or DAD,av asked 3 of my frnds now and they all tell me they never knew its what they were saying,is this true or they just dint concentrate to hear them or what? Am realy excited nd waiting to hear my sons first words.he is 7months now. Mothers and fathers abeg share ur experience with me. Tnx

Vexed!! grin grin grin

They all seemed to say "dada" first then a couple of months later "mama" grin grin grin grin

But trust me, nothing beats that heavinly feeling when your little one starts leaning to speak amongst all the cooing sounds wink
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Tgirl4real(f): 6:09am On Jun 01, 2012
My baby called 'memmmi' wen she was around 9months. She stopped and later continued after some time. Now she sings it.tongue
Re: How Does It Feel...... by taryour(f): 6:27am On Jun 01, 2012
Tgirl4real: My baby called 'memmmi' wen she was around 9months. She stopped and later continued after some time. Now she sings it.tongue

about 3weeks ago,my son call baba,kept saying it all day but asnt said it snc den and am waiting to hear it again. He neva call mummy abi na memmmii
Re: How Does It Feel...... by mutter(f): 6:54am On Jun 01, 2012
it is simply wonderful. Even when my son was like three I would still marvel when I look at him, "So this is real! I am really a mother"".
On the last count i think i hear the word mama about 2 times every minute when my kids are awake and I can tell you that it is not always fun.
Mama,Mama! Mama!! Mama!!!!!!!!!!!
He pushed me, I need this, he does not want to give me... he is laughing at me, can I .....
Re: How Does It Feel...... by taryour(f): 7:07am On Jun 01, 2012
mutter: it is simply wonderful. Even when my son was like three I would still marvel when I look at him, "So this is real! I am really a mother"".
On the last count i think i hear the word mama about 2 times every minute when my kids are awake and I can tell you that it is not always fun.
Mama,Mama! Mama!! Mama!!!!!!!!!!!
He pushed me, I need this, he does not want to give me... he is laughing at me, can I .....

i can imagine. At d end its d joy of motherhood. My God keep us and our families and give us d grace to reap d fruits of our labour. AMEN
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Tgirl4real(f): 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
Taryour,

Dat cake looks sumptous, mouth watery, delicious. . .oh yummy!

Please send me some. Taryour please tongue
Re: How Does It Feel...... by EfemenaXY: 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2012
Oh la la! That really looks tasty. cool

Taryour you wan kill my diet so? cheesy tongue
Re: How Does It Feel...... by taryour(f): 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2012
Tgirl and Efe, nawa for you babes oo,u want to finish that cake ni,i go check am only to see u both have almost finished it angry

dont worry am gona employ a bouncer to keep watch over that cake.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Tgirl4real(f): 3:13pm On Jun 01, 2012
taryour: Tgirl and Efe, nawa for you babes oo,u want to finish that cake ni,i go check am only to see u both have almost finished it angry

dont worry am gona employ a bouncer to keep watch over that cake.

What are you yarning na

Mail or post me the cake jor tongue
Re: How Does It Feel...... by EfemenaXY: 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
^^ abi? Nor mind am sef.

Eh Taryour, you go give me I wan take the big one for plate - make you 'n Tgirl manage the small cupcakes for the other side jor grin tongue
Re: How Does It Feel...... by ronkebp(f): 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2012
^^^^^ Make una dey pack on calories ooo, i nor follow join oooo....smiley smiley
Re: How Does It Feel...... by EfemenaXY: 3:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
^^ Doesn't explain why you've got sticky chocolate on your fingers though cool tongue
Re: How Does It Feel...... by ronkebp(f): 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Doesn't explain why you've got sticky chocolate on your fingers though cool tongue

Naaaa!!!! it is not me your are looking at, but Taryour......smiley
Re: How Does It Feel...... by EfemenaXY: 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2012
smiley
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2012
Unfortunately, the first one they say is "dada". Mtchewww.
Can you imagine being in labor for hours, breast feeding them and suffering sore nip.ples, then the first thing they learn to say is "dada". angry
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Can you imagine being in labor for hours, breast feeding them and suffering sore nip.ples, then the first thing they learn to say is "dada". angry
Annoying, yes! But my son was an exception. I had him controversially, and despite the love I felt, this tinge of bitterness still hung around, until one day when I was breastfeeding him(I think he was 11months) and he pulled away from the nipple and said 'mamma'! I was so thrilled that I forgot all the bitterness immediately. We lived alone so no one was there to witness it, but when my mum came visiting and she heard him, she was wowed too. Its such a sweet feeling!

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 03, 2012
mollytinrox:
Annoying, yes! But my son was an exception. I had him controversially, and despite the love I felt, this tinge of bitterness still hung around, until one day when I was breastfeeding him(I think he was 11months) and he pulled away from the nipple and said 'mamma'! I was so thrilled that I forgot all the bitterness immediately. We lived alone so no one was there to witness it, but when my mum came visiting and she heard him, she was wowed too. Its such a sweet feeling![

LOL A sweet feeling that is. . . . I was really happy the time my siblings said "mamma" to my mom because she worked hard to see to their needs smiley
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 03, 2012
It IS very exciting to hear those first words. When my daughter was a baby she hardly ever cried. She just smiled all the time! One day when she was 4 months old, she woke up from a nap and rather than fuss, I heard her calling... Ummma Ummma and it was so obvious she was calling me. She continued to call me after that! cheesy
Re: How Does It Feel...... by taryour(f): 8:02am On Jun 03, 2012
talina: It IS very exciting to hear those first words. When my daughter was a baby she hardly ever cried. She just smiled all the time! One day when she was 4 months old, she woke up from a nap and rather than fuss, I heard her calling... Ummma Ummma and it was so obvious she was calling me. She continued to call me after that! cheesy

wow at 4 months... How nice
Re: How Does It Feel...... by blank(f): 6:41am On Jun 04, 2012
Finally, he said mamma and kept repeating. Sad part is that he only says it when he wants me 2 carry him.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by honeric01(m): 10:20am On Jun 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Lielie, which sore nipples? you don breastfeed b4? tongue
Re: How Does It Feel...... by honeric01(m): 10:22am On Jun 04, 2012
blank: Finally, he said mamma and kept repeating. Sad part is that he only says it when he wants me 2 carry him.

Hehehehe, that's a mopo for you, they only call out for mama when they are hungry, anything else, it's DADA grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Cope With Loneliness? / See,How we have bn surviving! / Prophecy And Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.