Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,035 members, 7,845,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

How Does It Feel...... - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does It Feel...... (4334 Views)

15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? / Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does It Feel...... by GboyegaD(m): 3:50am On Jun 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Unfortunately, the first one they say is "dada". Mtchewww.
Can you imagine being in labor for hours, breast feeding them and suffering sore nip.ples, then the first thing they learn to say is "dada". angry

Abegi, no be daddy plant the seed
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 3:51am On Jun 09, 2012
GboyegaD:

Abegi, no be daddy plant the seed

And. . . .? No be mama's seed he plant? No be mama carry pikin for 9 months? No be mama dey go through hours of labour? No be mama's nipple the baby dey suckle?
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 3:52am On Jun 09, 2012
taryour:

eku igbadun oo. Hope u guys ad alota fun

E se ma. E ma binu o.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by taryour(f): 11:25am On Jun 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

E se ma. E ma binu o.

nahhh,not angry at all. Just pulling ur legs.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by honeric01(m): 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2012
Tinkybabe: honeric01 and Ileke-IdI have suceeded in derailing the topic sad*flogs both of them outta the thread* cheesy grin *feeling of satisfaction* cool
Now back to topic
I can imagine the feeling.hmm,can't wait to experience it too smiley

Sorry ma, she just can't stop toasting me grin grin grin
Re: How Does It Feel...... by honeric01(m): 8:04pm On Jun 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Do I share myself with the public, you ask?
I share my smiles, that is enough grin cheesy grin

KK, topic, back to topic tongue

Na lie, talk turu, what else do u intend shureling? cheesy
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 09, 2012
mtchewww grin

honeric01:

Na lie, talk turu, what else do u intend shureling? cheesy

My laughter grin
Re: How Does It Feel...... by honeric01(m): 8:05pm On Jun 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

And. . . .? No be mama's seed he plant? No be mama carry pikin for 9 months? No be mama dey go through hours of labour? No be mama's nipple the baby dey suckle?

So you want to take away the freedom of speech from the babies? let them speak, they prefer dada more than mama, so don't hate the word, hate the tongue grin
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2012
honeric01:

So you want to take away the freedom of speech from the babies? let them speak, they prefer dada more than mama, so don't hate the word, hate the tongue grin

You're not serious grin Even before they could say "mama", they were calling mothers "dada".
I told you that there's a linguistic explanation. . . . I'm just too busy to post it. grin
Re: How Does It Feel...... by honeric01(m): 8:26pm On Jun 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You're not serious grin Even before they could say "mama", they were calling mothers "dada".
I told you that there's a linguistic explanation. . . . I'm just too busy to post it. grin

So you want to mis-interpret their words abi? dada for mothers? chei, do you work in the Nigerian police or are you related to beaf?
Re: How Does It Feel...... by chic2pimp(m): 2:04am On Jun 10, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL Don't be smug. There's a linguistic explanation for the reason why infants find it easier to say "dada" than "mama". It has nothing to do with needing "dada" more than "mama" or that "dada" is more significant.

Chei Gatorsky you don come be dat ooo?
Linguistic ko titanic ni.
Kids simply prefer Daddys that's all cool
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 10, 2012
honeric01:

So you want to mis-interpret their words abi? dada for mothers? chei, do you work in the Nigerian police or are you related to beaf?

I am not misinterpreting anything nau.
Just saying the babies call everyone "dada", until they can say "mama". And still they call everyone "mama" once they can get a hang of it.

LOL, me as beaf. . . . greatest insult grin God punish you, atleast if you want to call me beaf make I get share of the national cake too.

chic2pimp:
Chei Gatorsky you don come be dat ooo?
Linguistic ko titanic ni.
Kids simply prefer Daddys that's all cool

My friend, go and siddon somewhere jor angry
tongue
Re: How Does It Feel...... by honeric01(m): 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I am not misinterpreting anything nau.
Just saying the babies call everyone "dada", until they can say "mama". And still they call everyone "mama" once they can get a hang of it.

LOL, me as beaf. . . . greatest insult grin God punish you, atleast if you want to call me beaf make I get share of the national cake too.
tongue

Na lie, the kids cry to their dada spreading their arms waiting for dada to lift them up, they surely know who they are calling to so do not mis-represent them.

If you keep lying against the babies, i would have to name you BEAF2 grin

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 10, 2012
honeric01:

Na lie, the kids cry to their dada spreading their arms waiting for dada to lift them up, they surely know who they are calling to so do not mis-represent them.

If you keep lying against the babies, i would have to name you BEAF2 grin

Have you ever had a baby? Lived around babies?
Then you'd understand that before they learn to say "mama", they call everyone "dada". It takes a while for them to differentiate between mama/ dada words.

I always wonder if a single mother experiences the same dilemma.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by honeric01(m): 8:50am On Jun 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Have you ever had a baby? Lived around babies?
Then you'd understand that before they learn to say "mama", they call everyone "dada". It takes a while for them to differentiate between mama/ dada words.

I always wonder if a single mother experiences the same dilemma.

I have 4 younger siblings and i am about 9yrs older than the last so i know this.

I also have 10 nieces/nephews and very close to about 4-5 of them.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 11, 2012
honeric01:

I have 4 younger siblings and i am about 9yrs older than the last so i know this.

I also have 10 nieces/nephews and very close to about 4-5 of them.

I don't believe this, because of the way you've been posting. I'm sure you're the last child.

I told you, I've been a mother 2 times, so I should know grin
Re: How Does It Feel...... by honeric01(m): 11:03am On Jun 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I don't believe this, because of the way you've been posting. I'm sure you're the last child.

I told you, I've been a mother 2 times, so I should know grin

Haba, you of all people should know this.. why should i lie?
Re: How Does It Feel...... by blank(f): 11:23am On Jun 11, 2012
My boy calls his father "addi" and never mixed it up. When he started calling me "ma mami", he didn't stop calling my husband or mix the two up. I am pretty certain, he knows what he is doing.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by honeric01(m): 11:35am On Jun 11, 2012
blank: My boy calls his father "addi" and never mixed it up. When he started calling me "ma mami", he didn't stop calling my husband or mix the two up. I am pretty certain, he knows what he is doing.

Thank you!

Mama 2, hope you read this? except you and your hubby look alike, i don't see why your kids won't be able to differentiate dada from mama.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2012
blank: My boy calls his father "addi" and never mixed it up. When he started calling me "ma mami", he didn't stop calling my husband or mix the two up. I am pretty certain, he knows what he is doing.

When babies first learn to "speak" (not googoo gaga o), they call everyone daddy until they can say mama to differentiate the two. Once they pick up, ofcourse they won't mix up the two. how old was your boy when he learned "addi" and what did he call you before he learned to say "mi mami"?

honeric01:

Haba, you of all people should know this.. why should i lie?

To make a point. tongue
Re: How Does It Feel...... by blank(f): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
He was 11months when he started calling his dad. As for me, it was just last month. He didn't call me anything, he would just pull and tug at me or create a scene til I answered him.
Even now, for him to call me, he has to be in need of something.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2012
blank: He was 11months when he started calling his dad. As for me, it was just last month. He didn't call me anything, he would just pull and tug at me or create a scene til I answered him.
Even now, for him to call me, he has to be in need of something.

Hmm interesting. I guess we all have different experience then.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by honeric01(m): 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

To make a point. tongue

A point to someone 20,000 or so miles away? which point exactly?
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
honeric01:

A point to someone 20,000 or so miles away? which point exactly?

20,000 away? While your calculation is no more than accurate.
So I have to be in Nigeria for you to make a point? Ok, I'm currently in Ekiti.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by honeric01(m): 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

20,000 away? While your calculation is no more than accurate.
So I have to be in Nigeria for you to make a point? Ok, I'm currently in Ekiti.

Still far away, it will only take something very dangerous to see me making a point as you pointed.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2012
honeric01:

Still far away, it will only take something very dangerous to see me making a point as you pointed.

Dangerous, how?
I have to have a knife to your throat? A gun at your jaw?

C'MON STOP IT. One of the reason why we have "discussions" and "arguments" on NL is to present a point or two. Esp if the conversation extends past one page.
Re: How Does It Feel...... by honeric01(m): 8:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Dangerous, how?
I have to have a knife to your throat? A gun at your jaw?

C'MON STOP IT. One of the reason why we have "discussions" and "arguments" on NL is to present a point or two. Esp if the conversation extends past one page.

Not everyone lol
Re: How Does It Feel...... by queensmith: 12:04pm On Jun 13, 2012
I can imagine useless pastors and nuiscance pseudoscientists have probably used baby babble to claim the need for 'men' or 'daddy' or whatever- when it might just be the way speech naturally develops in children. mshew and nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am I Suffering From Misplaced Priorities? Help ... / What Would Your Reaction Be If Your Wife Serve You Meal Like This: Photo / How Do You Cope With Loneliness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.