Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths (2861 Views)

24 Religious Houses Shut Down In Lagos For "Noise Pollution" / Should Our Religious Houses Be Taxed Heavily And Be Made Less Attrctive By Our Govt.? / Religious Houses Should Be Heavily Taxed Like The Tobacco Company. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by deandavid(m): 9:13am On Apr 10, 2012
now we have seen that our govt both federal,state and local govt are delivering, Nigeria being a very religious nation, and our religious leaders both muslim and christian have great influence on the people. With this status and said responsibility in guiding the people aright and seeing to their well being,why cant this religious leaders help create jobs for the youths in their domains.i was in a catholic church last week and the announcer was mentioning millions collected from last year's harvest,i was wondering what do they do with this money? Ok they give the money to the bishop, and the bishop uses it to help the poor,by giving them food materials etc. etc. But is that wise enough? I dnt think so, WHY CANT THEY USE THE MONEY TO BUILD INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA TO EMPLOY THE YOUTHS IN THEIR CHURCHES. All they do is open private universities, that only the rich can attend, including my our dear catholic church, We recently heard of a bishop owning 4 jets and starting an airline business, that is good, but not good enough, how many members can that airline employ. Why not do something bigger to employ millions of youths in their church that both the rich and poor members can benefit.

2 Likes

Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by berylLOL(f): 9:46am On Apr 10, 2012
Whats dis doin in romance??
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by deandavid(m): 9:51am On Apr 10, 2012
berylLOL: Whats dis doin in romance??
nairaland error i posted it in politics. angry
berylLOL: Whats dis doin in romance??
nairaland error i posted it in politics.
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by dealordea(m): 9:54am On Apr 10, 2012
Bullshit
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by LagBlogger(m): 10:18am On Apr 10, 2012
OP to answer your question because many of them don't practice what they preach. They make a lot of money but use these money for personal and none charitable works. That is for most of them anyway.

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 10, 2012
deandavid: now we have seen that our govt both federal,state and local govt are delivering, Nigeria being a very religious nation, and our religious leaders both muslim and christian have great influence on the people. With this status and said responsibility in guiding the people aright and seeing to their well being,why cant this religious leaders help create jobs for the youths in their domains.i was in a catholic church last week and the announcer was mentioning millions collected from last year's harvest,i was wondering what do they do with this money? Ok they give the money to the bishop, and the bishop uses it to help the poor,by giving them food materials etc. etc. But is that wise enough? I dnt think so, WHY CANT THEY USE THE MONEY TO BUILD INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA TO EMPLOY THE YOUTHS IN THEIR CHURCHES. All they do is open private universities, that only the rich can attend, including my our dear catholic church, We recently heard of a bishop owning 4 jets and starting an airline business, that is good, but not good enough, how many members can that airline employ. Why not do something bigger to employ millions of youths in their church that both the rich and poor members can benefit.

if you call it your dear catholic church then we should be asking you this question.
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by angelz(f): 10:32am On Apr 10, 2012
because dey dont want to sow where dey wil not reap bountifully.
dey want 2 invest little n reap much
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by RealMccoy1(m): 10:42am On Apr 10, 2012
Been looking forward to a thread of this nature for a long time. I am waiting on nairaland sycophants to come out here and defend their daddies, I mean pastors. grin grin
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by Okijajuju1(m): 10:49am On Apr 10, 2012
Because the Church is not a house of employment!!

Jesus did not own a business center nor did he transact buisiness on behalf of anybody.

The bible gave a strict scope of work for the church ona employment isnt one of them!!

Halleluyah!!

Okija JUJU. . . . Alusi na gbu Alusi!!
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by sosodevf(m): 10:51am On Apr 10, 2012
The church is 1 of d worlds biggest investment so u re expected 2 open ur own ministry n do what u want with it.
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by jagunlabi(m): 10:54am On Apr 10, 2012
Because they(the so-called MOG) are not in the business of helping anyone. Shine ya eyes and buy yourself some brain matter, dude.
deandavid: now we have seen that our govt both federal,state and local govt are delivering, Nigeria being a very religious nation, and our religious leaders both muslim and christian have great influence on the people. With this status and said responsibility in guiding the people aright and seeing to their well being,why cant this religious leaders help create jobs for the youths in their domains.i was in a catholic church last week and the announcer was mentioning millions collected from last year's harvest,i was wondering what do they do with this money? Ok they give the money to the bishop, and the bishop uses it to help the poor,by giving them food materials etc. etc. But is that wise enough? I dnt think so, WHY CANT THEY USE THE MONEY TO BUILD INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA TO EMPLOY THE YOUTHS IN THEIR CHURCHES. All they do is open private universities, that only the rich can attend, including my our dear catholic church, We recently heard of a bishop owning 4 jets and starting an airline business, that is good, but not good enough, how many members can that airline employ. Why not do something bigger to employ millions of youths in their church that both the rich and poor members can benefit.
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by born2boink(m): 10:59am On Apr 10, 2012
Nigeria religious stupidity,most especially Christian where I belong
1.Bible claim Jesus for the poor but our religious schools are the most expensives
2.Our pastors living in mansion and buying Jets while youth suffering and paying tithle with hard labour
3.Boko harams killing cchristian everyday but they keep preaching nigerians will get better, isreal don't take a shit,they always revenge instantly
4.Churches in every corner while criminal activities increasing, those attending these churches are same prostitutes,yahoo boys,arm robbers and fraudster who in aim to do thanksgiving knowing pastor will grant them seven halleluyah for their quick money sheme and delivering vehicle for the church"pastor will say,you sin as been forgiven,lobatan"

2 Likes

Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by DMainMan: 11:15am On Apr 10, 2012
born2fuck: Nigeria religious stupidity,most especially Christian where I belong
1.Bible claim Jesus for the poor but our religious schools are the most expensives
2.Our pastors living in mansion and buying Jets while youth suffering and paying tithle with hard labour
3.Boko harams killing cchristian everyday but they keep preaching nigerians will get better, isreal don't take a shit,they always revenge instantly
4.Churches in every corner while criminal activities increasing, those attending these churches are same prostitutes,yahoo boys,arm robbers and fraudster who in aim to do thanksgiving knowing pastor will grant them seven halleluyah for their quick money sheme and delivering vehicle for the church"pastor will say,you sin as been forgiven,lobatan"

nice post but dont u dare support jews (Isreal). De ar terrible people who enjoy killing just like boko haram. Go and listen to international news to verify wot am saying
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by Okijajuju1(m): 11:33am On Apr 10, 2012
born2fuck: Nigeria religious stupidity,most especially Christian where I belong

Seriously BORN2FUCK, this is the most senseless post I have seen on Nairaland since Jesus woke-up and went to Heaven Yesterday!!

1. Jesus was not poor!!

2. Our pastors were not told what to spend their tithes on and what not to!! If they want to own 40ft yatchs, as long as it is a christian yatch, then its all good!! Afterall, Noah owned the biggest boat in the worlds history!

3. Boko Haram, Churches and Isreal?! Like Nigga are you high on some cheap crack?! Whats the corellation ?! Boko Haram a terrorist group, Isreal a country, Nigerian Churches a religious cult registered under the Laws of Nigeria!! How does a church revenge attacks?! Are they a nation?!

4. Even Jesus hung out with that LovePeddler from the bible!! So whats your point?! Nicodemus was a tax-collector and yet he was Jesuses home boy!! Whats your beef!! Salvation is not for the righteous but for sinners!!

Try dey reason well, and if you cant, go to your nearest winners Chapel ministrys and seek Jesus!!

Halleluyah
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by buJu234: 12:00pm On Apr 10, 2012
this is a gud question...

but because many Nigerians are religious and take their Men Of God (MOGs) as assistant God on earth..
they cant even ask them...

what a shame!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by antartica(m): 12:21pm On Apr 10, 2012
Religion is the opium of the masses,it takes awy their pain,their sorrow,their weaknesses and their drives.

Even building sports facilities will go a long way in changing young people's lives in nigeria.
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by razznaija(f): 12:32pm On Apr 10, 2012
LagBlogger: OP to answer your question because many of them don't practice what they preach. They make a lot of money but use these money for personal and none charitable works. That is for most of them anyway.
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by buJu234: 12:33pm On Apr 10, 2012
I once asked can CAN & PFN form a CHRISTIAN BANK jst like Islamic bank...

the next thing some religious fricks will say is that the Church is not a business place.. yet
their pastors & Bishops have series of businesses all around the city...
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by ujchief(m): 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2012
op, ur post highlites ur level of ignorance, and the empty drums suporting ur half-baked observation are delluded in one acord.
Let me enlighten u a bit using the catholic church u quoted.
Catholic churches have thousands of non-profit organisations such as orphanages, home for less priviledged, destitutes, mentally challanged, micro-financed banks where they finance small scale biz, fund the distribution of tri-cycles, build primary, secondary and tertiary institutions, monestories, etc! Who do u think works in their schools, banks and other establishments? Angels?
In umuahia, the catholic has umuchukwu micro finance bank, Mercy primary and secondary schools, Ucl modern ceramics and Ucl Laundary services, this is just in a town, and that is just catholic church!
Let me allow u wallow in ur ignorance!
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by blacnewton(m): 3:12pm On Apr 10, 2012
LAME!!!
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by born2boink(m): 3:25pm On Apr 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

Seriously BORN2FUCK, this is the most senseless post I have seen on Nairaland since Jesus woke-up and went to Heaven Yesterday!!

1. Jesus was not poor!!

2. Our pastors were not told what to spend their tithes on and what not to!! If they want to own 40ft yatchs, as long as it is a christian yatch, then its all good!! Afterall, Noah owned the biggest boat in the worlds history!

3. Boko Haram, Churches and Isreal?! Like Nigga are you high on some cheap crack?! Whats the corellation ?! Boko Haram a terrorist group, Isreal a country, Nigerian Churches a religious cult registered under the Laws of Nigeria!! How does a church revenge attacks?! Are they a nation?!

4. Even Jesus hung out with that LovePeddler from the bible!! So whats your point?! Nicodemus was a tax-collector and yet he was Jesuses home boy!! Whats your beef!! Salvation is not for the righteous but for sinners!!

Try dey reason well, and if you cant, go to your nearest winners Chapel ministrys and seek Jesus!!

Halleluyah
who said Jesus was poor, I said he lives for the poor, he even claimed the poor will make heaven than the rich, I have enough bible chapter to prove that ...I have been in church for yrs before the nigeria church business ruins everything
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by born2boink(m): 3:32pm On Apr 10, 2012
@okija dudu-First read from luke 18 vs 22: 25 and you asshole nigaz,90 % of nigerians living on stolen property or fraud and no way sin can be forgiven until you return 4x or 7x of what was stolen, I may prove the chapter with time, so if your dad among politician, tell him to returns all his misreprensentation and fradulent back to the poor or those stealing it from or else his sin will never be forgiven,your babalowo name will not scare me a bit
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by Ninilowo(m): 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2012
Through JESUS CHRIST Our LOrd........ Amen; amen; amen.
By the Grace of Almighty God; Amen; Amen; Amen
I waka waka waka. I see see see. Alll the bad bad thing. Them dey do do do
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by Ptolomeus(m): 7:36pm On Apr 10, 2012
Ninilowo: Through JESUS CHRIST Our LOrd........ Amen; amen; amen.
By the Grace of Almighty God; Amen; Amen; Amen
I waka waka waka. I see see see. Alll the bad bad thing. Them dey do do do
It is impossible to develop a topic without displaying a headless fan, shouting "amen" or "glory to God." These fans use the cry, because they are unable to use reasoning.
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 10, 2012
Hehe, op, what do youth contribute to the church? The last time i checked, the 'big' men who give fat loads of cash and gifts to the church have been handsomely rewarded with high positions titles in the church. So wake up bro, nobody gives a damn about you until you can drop something on the table,its all about give and take.
Re: Why Cant Our Religious Houses Help Our Youths by deandavid(m): 10:25pm On Apr 10, 2012
blogger1.0:
Hehe, op, what do youth contribute to the church? The last time i checked, the 'big' men who give fat loads of cash and gifts to the church have been handsomely rewarded with high positions titles in the church. So wake up bro, nobody gives a damn about you until you can drop something on the table,its all about give and take.
then what are we not saying, the youths especially the very ambitious 1s will do nd undo to make sure they make ends meet,even if it involves kidnapping, stealing, killing, bombing,militancy, boko haramcy and other vices. Shall we continue like this?

(1) (Reply)

Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims / Atheists & Freethinkers: Please Expand Further On This. / 12 Things The Bible Forbids But We Still Do And Consider Normal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.