Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,220 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone (14020 Views)

Saudi Authorities Responsible For Hajj Stampede –prof. Is-haq Oloyede / How To Tackle Insecurity In Nigeria By Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, VC UNILORIN / Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by FSU: 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2007
Etteh’s stubbornness shocks her teacher

CAJETAN MMUTA, Asaba and ABIODUN FELIX, Osogbo

FORMER House of Representatives Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Olubunmi Etteh’s form two teacher, Professor Olatunde Makanju[/b], has berated the lawmaker’s stubbornness, saying "I never believed that we could create such a monster."

The renowned Professor of Psychology, University of Lagos, is not happy with his former student at the Ayedade Grammar School, Ikire in Irewole local government of Osun State, and other lawmakers over Etteh’s intransigence.

The university don and Capo of the National Association of Seadogs (NAS) expressed dissatisfaction in an interview with newsmen shortly after delivering his speech on "Achieving a nation of our dream-Change is Possible," at the Fourth Raph Opara Memorial Lecture held weekend at the Leisure Home Asaba the Delta State capital.[b]

According to him, the level of stubbornness and defiance exhibited by Etteh and others in the house of representatives which resulted in the confusion that led to the sudden and avoidable death of one of the lawmakers despite repeated calls by most Nigerians for her to resign, "calls for great worry over the pitiable political gymnastics and a clear picture of how much the nation’s crop of leaders can sacrifice its citizens for their own personal greed."

Prof. Makanju said the undue lure for lucre and fight against corruption "is a big battle that requires all to join hands to tackle" the demeaning monster from all fronts such that every bad human element would be flushed out in order "to win the country that is destined to be great with its abundant human and material resources back" to its original foundation and glory."

"We thank you (guests) for appreciating the little that the National Association of Seadogs is able to do, to try and move this country forward. It is a big battle and unless we all come together and join hands, like our Barrister (Akpo Mudiaga Odje) said they are fighting on many fronts, some of us must also join him so that we can take the battle and win back this country that is destined to be great. We have the resources both human and material and therefore we must wash out all these elements that are ready to bring us (Nigerians) down. You may not believe it, that, I was one of the happiest people watching how the Speaker (Etteh) was forced to resign. Why? Like I was telling my friend, I never believed that we could create such a monster. I taught her in secondary at class two and I could never believe the stubbornness that was displayed despite the fact that everybody, in Nigeria was saying, for God’s sake, go. And that is the kind of thing that we have. People who are ready to, you know, just sacrifice all of us for their own personal greed", he stated.

While extolling the sterling virtues of late Raph Opara, formerly a broadcaster and actor, he said the lecture was in order to keep his faith alive and continue to provide a medium to give vent to the views for which he steadfastly held throughout his life.

He also used the occasion to debunk the false impression created in certain quarters that NAS is a secret cult group but said that it is a body in the forefront of the battle to establish a just and egalitarian society in Nigeria leading to a nation that would be strong, prosperous and peaceful as well as true giant in the comity of nations.

On his part, Barrister Odje who spoke extensively on the topic of the lecture said the collapse of various governments and all forms of initiatives were due to the hydra-headed issue of corruption, insisting that for the nation to survive in the present fight against the malaise all the anti-corruption institutions and reforms must be strengthened.

He also condemned the situation where the government of the day operate under the EFCC Act at the expense of the common laws of the land especially as it borders on section 36 (5) of the constitution which gives every person the presumption of innocence until found guilty for committing crime.

Barr. Odje, therefore, called for political will among all in the fight against the scourge of corruption instead of the perceived use of corruption to fight the menace.

Meanwhile, Ikire, Osun State, hometown of former Speaker House of Representatives, Hon. Patricia Olubunmi Etteh, was over the weekend an admixture of feelings as residents of the town expressed divergent views over the forced resignation of their daughter from the exalted position of the number Four citizen of the country.

Etteh, who resigned last week as speaker following her indictment by the Daniel Idoko panel set up to investigate the N628million naira scandal allegedly used to renovate her official quarters, represents Irewole/Ayedire/Isokan Federal Constituency, Osun State in the Lower House.

Etteh who was first elected on the platform of the then Alliance for Democracy (AD) in 1999, was elected under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2003 and re-elected for a Third Term in 2007.

Although her election in the April 21 general election is being challenged at the Elections Petitions Tribunal by Action Congress (AC) candidate, Mrs Ayo Omidiran, some residents of the town are of the view that Etteh would remain in the house.

Ganiyu Adelakun who claims to be one of the leaders of the PDP in Irewole local government opined that removal of Etteh from the House would amount to killing a fly with a sledge hammer.

But Osun AC’s director of Research and Strategy, Sunday Akere is of the view that Etteh has no moral justification to remain in the House, hence his wish that the Elections Petitions Tribunal would uphold the party’s petition before it and nullify Etteh’s election at the polls.

But the 83year old mother of the embattled former speaker, Mrs Atoke Alabi has accepted the fall of her daughter philosophically.

In a recent chat with newsmen in her Ikire home, the octogenarian stated that since her daughter was not born a Speaker, her removal would not in any way affect her status as a responsible individual who has brought smiles to the people of her constituency.

She however cursed those who she said were behind her daughter’s ordeal with a declaration that her daughter would soon be vindicated.

Etteh’s country home located off Ikire-Ibadan expressway was devoid of any hustle and bustle when Daily Champion visited over the weekend as only a two security personnel were seen guarding the modest building.

http://www.champion-newspapers.com/news/article_3.htm
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by follyg: 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2007
Are u suprised about NAS, they are controlled by egg heads and it is international, seen there adverts on CNN well.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by angel101(f): 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2007
@ poster
I dont get ur point.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by evergie(m): 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2007
1:

Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone

Why the advert for sea dog confraternity on this forum? Cult boy
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by FSU: 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2007
I am rather shocked that a Prof. could be known to be a cultist and he or indeed people around him seem not to be bothered. What is he then teaching his students? Cultism?
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by evergie(m): 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2007
FSU:

I am rather shocked that a Prof. could be known to be a cultist and he or indeed people around him seem not to be bothered. What is he then teaching his students? Cultism?
I wonder oooo.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by angel101(f): 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2007
oh puleeez what do u meeaaan 'CULTIST' like u assume he goes around wwwith knives and guns killing and maiming people? get reeeaaal bro
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by presido1: 11:22pm On Nov 05, 2007
Half the male lecturers(Drs and profs) in Nigerian universities are members of confra thats not new. The same goes with senetors,House of reps and the state house of assm.as well. Its not a new news bro.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by folahann(m): 11:54pm On Nov 05, 2007
presido1:

Half the male lecturers(Drs and profs) in Nigerian universities are members of confra thats not new. The same goes with senetors,House of reps and the state house of assm.as well. Its not a new news bro.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by semidaraeb(m): 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2007
The Prof in question is a decent man i will want to believe, i Happen to have met him in my days in Unilag when he was the chairman sports Committee Unilag, and i being a sports man i.e a member of the swimming team then had a few interactions with him and found him to be an intellectual,who i believe as the interest of the students @heart then because he saw to it that we lacked nothing were well taking care of in terms of accommodation and other equipment and facilities necessary for us to perform,having said this much i am of the opinion that when the Sea Dog Confraternity was founded the founding fathers didn't believe it will turn out to be what it is today if they knew i don't believe they would have founded it,not that am holding brief for them its just an opinion am expressing
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by Pain(m): 3:10am On Nov 07, 2007
You Can Call SeaDog a Confraternity, A BrotherHood, A Club. The Word "Cult "is A Degenerating, Derogatory, Epithet and Characterization for Such A Group of Intellectuals. Forget How Some Miscreants Mite Have Dragged and Soiled the Name on Nigerian Campuses.

NAS is A Noble Class of Elites.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by FemiATL: 7:22pm On Nov 09, 2007
I have been a member of a confraternity throughout my University days in Naija and I did not get into a fracas for one day. There was discipline in my school and all we did was drink, party and chase girls.
Most of us have great jobs all over the world, naija inclusive.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by Merinoz(m): 10:09am On Nov 23, 2007
NAS is known for excellence and elitism.It is not a Cult.I wonder what the poster had in mind before posting this.Seadogs are noble people that's why they don't hide.I am proud of them.Ahoy Seadogs!
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by denex: 10:46am On Nov 23, 2007
Well, I really don't know what to say. Considering the fact that just yesterday, some friends of mine who are members of such a brotherhood, the Buccaneers Association of Nigeria, though they were all graduates, were discussing how they billed a student N70,000 to join and since he couldn't pay, they were planning to re-enlighten him with as many slaps as possible. So for now, I still don't know what to say about these "associations".

Intentions may be pure, but then, corrupt elements get inculcated. Afterall, the OPC was supposed to be a liberty seeking group, all of a sudden, they started killing citizens, extorting money and hijacking election ballot boxes.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by DeepZone: 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2008

Is pyrate confraternity a clandestine cult? Do they do illegal activities in Nigeria? You guys should stop all these tribal bullshit here abeg.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by DeepZone: 8:33pm On Oct 12, 2008
so ikere is in oyo state
I know one in Ekiti, like 25/30 minutes away from Ado.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 13, 2008
DeepZone:

Is pyrate confraternity a clandestine cult? Do they do illegal activities in Nigeria? You guys should stop all these tribal bullshit here abeg.

If i hadnt gone through those craps we call universities in nigeria, i may agree with your rhetorical questions. Infact, most of their activities are clandestine like other cult groups in nigeria.

Their evil deeds ranges from the favour their lawyers give their criminal members in courts and job interviews to their use of intimidation and violence on and off campus. Though, they are quick to heap the blame on the bad once as if they were not part of their initiation.

To be fair to them, they seem to be the least violent cult group in nigeria.

On the other hand, dont make this about tribe cos the whole nigerian tribes has a large representation in these deadly and self serving cults.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by AloyEmeka9: 11:18am On Oct 13, 2008
Na today.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by LitenCee(m): 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2008
nuzo:

If i hadnt gone through those craps we call universities in nigeria, i may agree with your rhetorical questions. Infact, most of their activities are clandestine like other cult groups in nigeria.

Their evil deeds ranges from the favour their lawyers give their criminal members in courts and job interviews to their use of intimidation and violence on and off campus. Though, they are quick to heap the blame on the bad once as if they were not part of their initiation.

To be fair to them, they seem to be the least violent cult group in nigeria.

On the other hand, don't make this about tribe because the whole nigerian tribes has a large representation in these deadly and self serving cults.

Can you see why it is only God that can deliver naija. bro , i passed through the same "Scheiße" tertiary system, though my campus wasn't so violent. we all know these people because they were either classmates or roommates, and some friends too . so we know what devilish things they were into. it is surprising that even here in NL people also hate the truth they know very well. covering up the evil activities of Pirate Confraternity with the elitist clout of NAS is yet one of the great hypocricies i've seen in this forum. The bible says that by their fruits we shall know them. NAS=Pirate Confraternity, and they are evil. They are the cause of the problem we have in the campuses today, and the Niger Delta too. If they like let spend millions of naira on radio and TV image laundering adverts, as they did during the 2003 elections in the Niger Delta. we are not decieved !! these are the political witches and wizards sucking the life blood of this country, and it's a very terrible situation sad sad, but more terrible is the fact that they have agents here in NL carry on with their image laundry. when will naija be free from these tormentors
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by ibewow: 4:55pm On Oct 13, 2008
Ahoy Capon (prof)
No mind lubbers and their lubbish thinking grin

1 Like

Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by c33b33(m): 2:14pm On Oct 14, 2008
Tsk!if they are so devilish & like oda cult group,y are they not hiding like others?!
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 14, 2008
c33b33:

Tsk!if they are so devilish & like oda cult group,y are they not hiding like others?!

LOL. . . . . . please say you are not serious about this comment. Otherwise, i will have to believe that you have never been to nigeria.

Cult groups in naija dont hide from nobody no more, ranging from kids in the secondary school through university to other institutions.
Oh my gosh, i cant believe that some of you are trying your best to play blind to evil like this. angry
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by ifyalways(f): 6:01pm On Oct 14, 2008
lubers cant bite capons cheesy
@Topic,no news.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by arramyjay: 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2008
@ poster
Your point is? And (SEA Dog or pirates is nt a cult) It is a registered Association.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by lucabrasi(m): 10:52pm On Oct 14, 2008
wonder why ppl dont focus on actual topics , the man being a capone or whaeva is not the issue as far as the article posted is concerned, lets stop acting like primary schl kids and address the actual postn
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by dasko(m): 9:12am On Oct 15, 2008
what has a cult group got to do with the menabce our leaders are causing in our nation? does anything good come out of cultist?rather they tend to fulfil and protect thier selfish inetrest just as the said PATRICIA ETTEH. For me a cultist prof. has nothing good to offer so he should stop
bluffing and go under.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by c33b33(m): 10:17am On Oct 15, 2008
@nuzo
lnteresting!ow many elites who are members of oda so-called cult has come out to identify with it?Only Seadogs are proud to identify with it.
President George Bush is a member of a confra in d U.S,y can't a prof.in naija b one?!
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by vikiviko(m): 11:30am On Oct 15, 2008
Its an elitist cult group, majorly fo the big guns like the Profs, Lecturers and VC'S
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by LitenCee(m): 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2008
c33b33:

lnteresting!ow many elites who are members of oda so-called cult has come out to identify with it?Only Seadogs are proud to identify with it.

Could you pls humble yourself and go for serious deliverance angry , that a group of people engaged in evil activities of sorts are using the political apparatus of the state available to them to whitewash their nefarious acts does not really exonerate them from evil doing !. Don't the worshippers of Satan have a website ?, because they are registered as a "church", which is just an abuse of a system that democratically allows for freedom of association. You think that if you bring a viper into your home and call it a fish it will become one ? angry. anyway thats what you guys are: brood of vipers.

Cult boy hear yourself
c33b33:

President George Bush is a member of a confra in d US,y can't a prof.in naija b one?!

I don't blame you, i found out long ago that idiots always have this crazy belief that everyone else around is a fellow idiot. otherwise you wouldn't come here to insult our intelligence angry
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by inquisitiv: 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2008
THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS I CRY OUT LOUD, ITS TIME FOR THE REVOLUTION

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-183816.0.html
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by tolulope0(m): 10:44pm On May 11, 2009
ifyalways:

lubers cant bite capons cheesy
@Topic,no news.
LOB WAY DEY CAP BAN TERM, LOL

ibewow:

Ahoy Capon (prof)
No mind lubbers and their lubbish thinking grin
DECK D CAPIN LOBBERS DEY.
Re: University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone by webgenius(m): 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2009
Is it not a shame that the so called prof is involved in this kind of activity? The may advertise themselves as a confraternity seeking their members welfare, but the truth is that it does not stop there.Groups of this kind inflict harm on non-members, rival groups, intimidate and harass female students, inflict grievious bodily harm on people etc and continue to claim they are a kindergarten assembly. Many staff and highly placed in the society belong to these groups and that is why they are difficult to eradicate.
May God help our institutions and society at large. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS / Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre / Court strikes out PDP’s star witness’ statement in support of Atiku’s petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.