Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

991 - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 991 (11033 Views)

Nigerians Curse a lot And are rude to each other. / Am I Misunderstood Or A Rude And Disrespectful Person? / Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 991 by Ajekpako(m): 4:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
well I've experienced this before and surprisingly its those who shld know better that engage in this shit! some of these ladies erroneously believe that every "excuse me" is a prelude to asking for a date . i was going to tell one she dropped her phone and the next thing i heard was "I'm not interested" shocked shocked shocked, was shocked & confused cos all i said was "excuse me". ofcourse i kept the phone and made sure she learnt never to be rude to people especially strangers b4 handing it over.
the annoying thing is that its the very ugly mofos that are guilty of this! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: 991 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2012
As a woman in 9ja, being nice to strange men will get you into trouble 90% of the time!

3 Likes

Re: 991 by Ajekpako(m): 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2012
Amaka G29:
We've been taught not to talk to strangers. The world has become a dangerous and scary place. I have to admit I tend to ignore men because when I am responsive they think I am interested in them. Most of the time when men speak to me in the streets there is a sexual agenda, which embarrasses and frightens me. I try my best to gauge the person's intentions from body language and manner of approach. Now that you bring it up, I'll make an honest effort to be more polite. All I ask is that in the same vein men stop harassing me in the streets. smiley

Thank you! thats all we ask for!

Hear the person out before jumping into conclusions!
Re: 991 by mangbede: 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2012
Scash: Was it in an ibo state?
grin[quote author=Scash]Was it in an ibo state?[/quote
nope it should b in one of dos yoruba state
Re: 991 by Werehkpe: 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
I think young girls are just silly.

If u r in a car they will stop and answer u but if u de on top leg. They will snub u. Pathetic, myopic minds.

I remember wen i was slapping the whole of abuja looking for a job and I asked a girl for a direction once and she replied me warmly. And guess what am married to her sister now. HAPPY at that.

The point is ladies you'll need to calm down and hear the guy speak first b4 u decide if u going to help or not rather than just acting stupid or deaf and dumb!

You never kno who just asked you for help - it could b Jesus. And for those who kno d bible, on judgement the Lord will say "...... for I was lost and you offered me no help". Omo NA HELL FIRE B DAT FOR UNA
Re: 991 by tohirah(f): 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
Its not been rude,its just been cautious. The only thing is,I might answer u just 2 know his mission before I know if there would actually be a verbal response frm me
Re: 991 by Sagamite(m): 6:03pm On Apr 11, 2012
991: I have noticed this incorrect social behaviour of young women towards men. When you stop a girl to ask her maybe the name of a street or the house No. you are looking for, she would first look at you from head to toe then walk away snobbishly, and some of them wouldn’t even give you attention. Just yesterday I was lost in a strange location and I tried asking passers-by to give me direction to my destination, I got the worst snub of my life-time just for asking for help.
The first person I saw was a girl in her late 20s I said ‘hello excuse me’ she just glanced at me and walked away, so embarrassing and I wonder why they have this rude behaviour towards men?

Yeah!

Most times it is black women with special emphasis on shythead Nigerian and Jamo girls (with very few exceptions).

Utter shytheads!

Rude and they will be giving lame excuses for their dysfunctional, classless personalities. They irrrrrrrritate me!

Seriously!

Exceptions when I say black women:
- Southern African women
- Bahamian/Babardian/Trinidadian/Guadeloupean women
- Eastern African women

Usually those ones are pure class. Lovely angels.
Re: 991 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2012
It's not unusual for Nigerian ladies to get confrontational at every approach. It don't matter what the aim of the approach is. . . undecided
Re: 991 by pendo89(f): 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2012
991: I have noticed this incorrect social behaviour of young women towards men. When you stop a girl to ask her maybe the name of a street or the house No. you are looking for, she would first look at you from head to toe then walk away snobbishly, and some of them wouldn’t even give you attention. Just yesterday I was lost in a strange location and I tried asking passers-by to give me direction to my destination, I got the worst snub of my life-time just for asking for help.
The first person I saw was a girl in her late 20s I said ‘hello excuse me’ she just glanced at me and walked away, so embarrassing and I wonder why they have this rude behaviour towards men?

Next time ask a man. This world is full of all manner of people with different attitudes.Don't expect kind treatment all the time.
I have never snobbed anybody asking for direction,if anything I get tired of being stopped by people and I do it with so much zeal you would think am getting paid.The only thing I do is avoid shaking hands with strangers,taking a long time giving directions or allow them to come very close.
Depending on your general appearance, I will decide if I need to stop to address you or keep on walking and pretend to be in a hurry.If it's just you and I on a deserted place? I walk but I will sure give you the directions. And this is not limited to men alone.I do the same with strange women.
Its all safety measures.

My policy is I will help a stranger today cz tomorrow it could be me asking the same person for directions.
Re: 991 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2012
hajifaty: @topic, these girls are cranky and stupid. I don't understand why 9ja girls are so rude. The funniest part of it is that most of these girls r not well educated or pretty. Especially all these chewin gum bb girls. I dont talk to nigerian girls cuz they aint ready to learn. Eccentric pple.....

Na 5 weeks ago, my father was Terrible sick, and i had to rush him to the Hospital... I moved the car @ almost 120km/hr. I was really on a very high speed. When i got to the Hospital, the doctor said i should go and withdraw money. I asked 4 the nearest Sky ATM withdrawal bank, and i was told it was 3 kilometers from the Hospital, but it was along a G.R.A area. On getting to the Street, i had to ask, so i saw these G.R.A gurl pinging(firstly, i regretted disturbing her), i asked her and she was like, firstly, i was very stewpid 4 speeding(her English) @ such very high speed, that dint i knw, the Place i was a G.R.A?? I was embarrassed. I almost lost control of my car. I had nt been so Embarrased. I had to leave her and search the whole G.R.A 4 the ATM stuff.. Rily, felt like beating the gurl up, but i had to think about my Dad and not to waste my time 4 a gud 4 nting Imbesile, S!ut.... 9ja gurls r generally rude. Thankx to God, am not dating any of them. TOTAL JUNKY IDIOTS.
Re: 991 by lepasharon(f): 7:11pm On Apr 11, 2012
Ajekpako: well I've experienced this before and surprisingly its those who shld know better that engage in this shit! some of these ladies erroneously believe that every "excuse me" is a prelude to asking for a date . i was going to tell one she dropped her phone and t[b]he next thing i heard was "I'm not interested"[/b] shocked shocked shocked, was shocked & confused cos all i said was "excuse me". ofcourse i kept the phone and made sure she learnt never to be rude to people especially strangers b4 handing it over.
the annoying thing is that its the very ugly mofos that are guilty of this! angry angry angry

Lool na wa o!
Re: 991 by dasparrow: 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2012

When you Nigerian bred males stop beating, verbally insulting and r/a.ping your women, they in turn will learn to have more faith in you. I am not saying that what the lady in question did was right, but when one takes a closer look at all the evil stories permeating from Nigeria in regards to the way the men over there treat the ladies, I cannot blame them (ladies) for being distrustful of you and not wanting to talk to you. Next time, cut out the pleasantries and go straight to the point. Just say "I am looking for......Do you by any chance know where that is please?" End of.
Re: 991 by zuokumo(m): 7:32pm On Apr 11, 2012
Maybe you have to change the way you see them. They're not rude to every man. Join those that they're not rude to. Find out how to blend in easily. Women have light minds so they always pose to be hard but a cool guy dont respond to the pose but the mind. Find out more about women
Re: 991 by Tulkafia: 7:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
smiley only if are not okay to her. And that means, you need to try others or another way. Just know what she likes and dislike.
Re: 991 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 11, 2012
Tul kafia: smiley only if are not okay to her. And that means, you need to try others or another way. Just know what she likes and dislike.
WTF is this?
Re: 991 by tpia5: 8:22pm On Apr 11, 2012
so, from what I'm seeing on the thread, the general consensus is:

1. it's ok for young women/women to randomly chat with strangers they meet outside. Since non-Nigerian women commonly do this, it is wrong for Nigerian women to not do the same.

2. The op and his cohorts are free to attack females- there's nothing strange about his singling out women to attack, since he obviously couldnt ask anyone else for directions, besides women he "considered attractive" . undecided undecided undecided

3. there's really no point in me arguing here and especially not with this darn interface for goodness sake. Knock yourselves out- e no concern me who anyone decides to chat or not chat with. Or when or where. How exactly is it my business?

so, I'm out.
Re: 991 by tpia5: 8:23pm On Apr 11, 2012
dabrake: very daft. My mother's brain will be auctioned for at a very rich price cos it's largely unused. Now what's the correlation?
Re: 991 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2012
Women/girls typically have a way of bringing a certain, daft awkwardness into any social interaction.
Be it asking them for directions, or otherwise. It's a low-self esteem thing.
To most of them, the number of people they snob off in a day for no reason is directly proportional to their personal sense of worth.
It's the female equivalent of "man dem b[i]i[/i]tches jus be calling me" grin grin grin

Men are generally more capable of handling civilized social interactions than the mentally unstable women-folk. If you can help it, always ask guys for directions.
To avoid getting annoyed, don't bother talking to a strange woman unless you wan toast am. At least then you are ready to play the game. grin
Not:

guy: excuse me where do I find... embarassed
girl: Mtchewwwww undecided <walks away>
guy: angry
Re: 991 by koolguy88(m): 8:42pm On Apr 11, 2012
i dont ask ladies for direction because they'll not tell you rather they'll snub at you. i'll rather ask a guy or an elderly woman
Re: 991 by swtdarling(f): 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2012
well some ladies lack good manners while some are just being cautious.i would not help a male stranger only when its really dark at night
Re: 991 by Sagamite(m): 8:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
dasparrow:

When you Nigerian bred males stop beating, verbally insulting and r/a.ping your women, they in turn will learn to have more faith in you. I am not saying that what the lady in question did was right, but when one takes a closer look at all the evil stories permeating from Nigeria in regards to the way the men over there treat the ladies, I cannot blame them (ladies) for being distrustful of you and not wanting to talk to you. Next time, cut out the pleasantries and go straight to the point. Just say "I am looking for......Do you by any chance know where that is please?" End of.

Cut this BS excuses!

The reason they are rude is because they think being overtly and publicly unapproachable is a sign of chastity and high moral values.

Cut the bollocks excuses!

They do it because they feel cool when turning man down. They do it because our nation has failed in raising a generation of girls with attractive qualities.

They are just dumb and classless. And the dumbfucks would be moaning when Naija men start dating from different geographies.
Re: 991 by cogsej06(m): 8:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
I guess it depends on d manner of approach n appearance.......well I can NEVER b snubbed by a lady nt in dis world no matter what. I trust in d abilities n potential God hv given me.
Re: 991 by blackboi(m): 9:56pm On Apr 11, 2012
Scash: Was it in an ibo state?
[s]Foolish talk is never faraway from a confused eediot[/s] angry
Re: 991 by cindyrella(f): 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2012
swtdarling: well some ladies lack good manners while some are just being cautious.

Well said!!
Re: 991 by PeeBee: 10:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
Its not right for a lady to be rude to anyone but what do you expect when 9.5 out of 10 men who stop her have nothing but r.ubbish to say.
Re: 991 by Sagamite(m): 10:32pm On Apr 11, 2012
cogsej06: I guess it depends on d manner of approach n appearance.......well I can NEVER b snubbed by a lady nt in dis world no matter what. I trust in d abilities n potential God hv given me.

What abilities and potential?

PeeBee: Its not right for a lady to be rude to anyone but what do you expect when 9.5 out of 10 men who stop her have nothing but r.ubbish to say.

Rubbish like what?
Re: 991 by Impulse80(m): 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2012
@op; looks like you are an ugly fellow,(no vex) no girl has ever snobbed me, be it asking for directions or askin for a date
Re: 991 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2012
Don't talk to any woman on the street unless you want to commandeer her out. Simple grin

What do they know sef that you don't already know? tongue
Re: 991 by Henry40: 11:00pm On Apr 11, 2012

1. Every local girl knows that that's the 'pick up' line for every guy interested in them, and only a guy who is usually interested in such girls actually would use that as a pick up line on them. Only a guy loose with the female folk {especially the not very exposed ones} will use such an introduction. If you're as innocent as you make yourself look, such an introduction would probably not even be in your vocabulary.
2. Ladies are far more sensitive than men - they listen to every other language before the orally communicated one. If they snub you, that's probably because your body language says "Shaddy!"
Re: 991 by Sagamite(m): 11:14pm On Apr 11, 2012
Henry40:
1. Every local girl knows that that's the 'pick up' line for every guy interested in them, and only a guy who is usually interested in such girls actually would use that as a pick up line on them. Only a guy loose with the female folk {especially the not very exposed ones} will use such an introduction. If you're as innocent as you make yourself look, such an introduction would probably not even be in your vocabulary.
2. Ladies are far more sensitive than men - they listen to every other language before the orally communicated one. If they snub you, that's probably because your body language says "Shaddy!"

You are justifying their classless behaviours?

This is an example of the kind of warped men that encourage the shytheads.
Re: 991 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 11, 2012
Sagamite:

You are justifying their classless behaviours?

This is an example of the kind of warped men that encourage the shytheads.

Why so pissed?

Low-class, most-likely-stank-crotched women are not worth the emotion or bother. If they do the snob your response should just be a jovial, happy "Oh I'm sorry. I wasn't aware you were socially and mentally r[i]e[/i]tarded. My apologies smiley" in your janded voice and move on laughing cheesy. I say something similar to this whenever I encounter one of these primitive characters. It always has a satisfying result as the fool just stands there mortified and ashamed of her bush self.
Re: 991 by Kadata(m): 11:46pm On Apr 11, 2012
2buff:

Why so pissed?

Low-class, most-likely-stank-crotched women are not worth the emotion or bother. If they do the snob your response should just be a jovial, happy "Oh I'm sorry. I wasn't aware you were socially and mentally r[i]e[/i]tarded. My apologies smiley" in your janded voice and move on laughing cheesy. I say something similar to this whenever I encounter one of these primitive characters. It always has a satisfying result as the fool just stands there mortified and ashamed of her bush self.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Cocolav / Do you know that Your Shoe Size Can Determine Your Age?? / Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.