Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

991 - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 991 (11032 Views)

Nigerians Curse a lot And are rude to each other. / Am I Misunderstood Or A Rude And Disrespectful Person? / Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 991 by DukeNija(m): 11:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
I think it's a very common yet uncultured behaviour. That is not being careful, that is being stupid.
Re: 991 by Henry40: 11:55pm On Apr 11, 2012
Sagamite:

You are justifying their classless behaviours?

This is an example of the kind of warped men that encourage the shytheads.

Do I sound like I'm justifying it? "Hello, excuse me," what's that? Don't use "hello" or "hi" to ask a girl for directions, that's just too informal. If you're an honest stranger, then you should address her as a stranger as well; "excuse me, I'm looking for....................." that's what I do, and none have ever snubbed me. If you use "hello" for a girl whose only exposure to the world beyond her immediate community comes via Nigerian "movies" she'd probably treat you as she thinks.
Re: 991 by killuminati(m): 11:55pm On Apr 11, 2012
illuminati9: that was really embarrassing, me am selective on who i ask for address because most of our women are like that. its better to ask older women(mothers) they will give you direction with open heart.
If you call her woman, african woman nor go greeeee, she go saaa...ay, she go say I be lady o grin
illuminati9: that was really embarrassing, me am selective on who i ask for address because most of our women are like that. its better to ask older women(mothers) they will give you direction with open heart.
If you call her woman, african woman nor go greeeee, she go saaa...ay, she go say I be lady o
Re: 991 by PeeBee: 11:56pm On Apr 11, 2012
Re: 991 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 11, 2012
PeeBee:

Rubbish like "what's your name" or "i like you" or "let me have your number" even when you're obviously in a hurry or pissed or not just interested in having a conversation. [b][size=18pt]Rubbish like acting as if they are God's perfect gift to women [/size][/b]or expecting her to stand on the road listening to him speak about how he felt on seeing her, or assuming that every girl is after his lean purse or his car.
If the annoying guys quit disturbing every girl they see, the ones in need would get better responses.

Who's "acting"? cheesy
Re: 991 by PeeBee: 12:11am On Apr 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Rubbish like what?

Rubbish like "what's your name" or "i like you" or "let me have your number" even when you're obviously in a hurry or pissed or not just interested in having a conversation. Rubbish like acting as if they are God's perfect gift to women or expecting her to stand on the road listening to him speak about how he felt on seeing her, or when he doesn't know when to shut it and say bye or even assuming that every girl is interested in his purse or car.
Not forgetting the fraudsters that have one business proposal or the other.

It wasn't nice for the girl to treat the op like that but "hello, excuse me" does sound like how they start their story.
Re: 991 by PeeBee: 12:17am On Apr 12, 2012
2buff:

Who's "acting"? cheesy
Some men who think they are doing you a favour stopping you.
Re: 991 by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 12, 2012
PeeBee:
Some men who think they are doing you a favour stopping you.

Who's "thinking"? cheesy

Facts is facts suga kiss
Re: 991 by Sagamite(m): 12:19am On Apr 12, 2012
2buff:
Why so pissed?

Low-class, most-likely-stank-crotched women are not worth the emotion or bother. If they do the snob your response should just be a jovial, happy "Oh I'm sorry. I wasn't aware you were socially and mentally r[i]e[/i]tarded. My apologies smiley" in your janded voice and move on laughing cheesy. I say something similar to this whenever I encounter one of these primitive characters. It always has a satisfying result as the fool just stands there mortified and ashamed of her bush self.

You got it right!

I put them in their place straight up!

But nowadays I try and avoid contact with most black girls as much as possible if there is no need to interact and they are young (especially Nigerians). If I go to a party, I even avoid chatting with them or even having any eye contact that will give them the misguided perception that I am interested. If I find out they are Southern African, then I soften my position quickly. I usually only interact with the Nigerian girls if they are a friend of a friend or they say hi first. The experience of interacting with them is usually hardly ever worth your time to be going and saying "hi".

They think they are justified to be rude when being approached (and some wuss will defend them). Are they the only women in the world that are approached? How come girls from other countries have more class?

It reminds me of some years back in university. Met this Nigerian girl and tried to hook up with her. As usual they will give you their number and then start behaving childishly, like not picking up the phone, being rude during the few interactions and even see you outside and walk past you. So I just busted that side after no progress.

There was a house party by one of the uni guys a YEAR later, so I went there with some Ethiopian chic I was hooking up with. Come and see the steeeeewpid Naija girls being jealous and bitching about. They gave the poor chic attitude. They even hated it more because the chic was exotic looking and did not need Brazilian weeve.

That is when this same foool that was misbehaving saw me in the kitchen where she was chilling with her friends and started trying to be friendly and chatting enthusiastically/flirtily with me. This is the same person that had spent a year walking past me most times not saying hi except I said it first. At that time I was still reasonably a nice guy so I was cordial and hence started chatting with her and her friends. After a while she now asked me "So did you have to go that far to date a girl". The way it was asked (out of the blue and at tangent to discussions), it seem that was the ultimate question she was itching to ask and I can see all of them waiting expectantly for some justification. At that point, I just stared at her for about 2 seconds, smirked mockingly and said "That was my preferred taste", then calmly walked out of the kitchen. I spent the rest of the party dancing flirtly and affectionately with the Ethiopian girl (kissing her face lovingly) like she was the only girl in the world.
Re: 991 by PeeBee: 12:26am On Apr 12, 2012
2buff:

Who's "thinking"? cheesy

Facts is facts suga kiss

Funny cheesy
Re: 991 by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 12, 2012
@sagamite Well played sir. Well played.
If these confused animals go stealing the hair of other more gifted women of other races to put on their bald heads, they should at least also copy the merit-able behaviors of same women.
Sadly class and respect cannot be bought (or stolen) like brazilian weave. grin
Re: 991 by Sagamite(m): 12:36am On Apr 12, 2012
Henry40:

Do I sound like I'm justifying it? "Hello, excuse me," what's that? Don't use "hello" or "hi" to ask a girl for directions, that's just too informal. If you're an honest stranger, then you should address her as a stranger as well; "excuse me, I'm looking for....................." that's what I do, and none have ever snubbed me. If you use "hello" for a girl whose only exposure to the world beyond her immediate community comes via Nigerian "movies" she'd probably treat you as she thinks.

So you are saying someone saying "Hello, excuse me," warrants being rude to them?

Fck me Lawd!

PeeBee:

Rubbish like "what's your name" or "i like you" or "let me have your number" even when you're obviously in a hurry or pissed or not just interested in having a conversation. Rubbish like acting as if they are God's perfect gift to women or expecting her to stand on the road listening to him speak about how he felt on seeing her, or when he doesn't know when to shut it and say bye or even assuming that every girl is interested in his purse or car.
Not forgetting the fraudsters that have one business proposal or the other.

It wasn't nice for the girl to treat the op like that but "hello, excuse me" does sound like how they start their story.

So it is rubbish if a man says "what's your name" or "i like you" and warrants you to be rude?

Then you would want to be respected and treated like a lady? You deserve it?

Then you want to be taken to the altar and have some false encomiuims shouted about your qualities and have a man commit his life to you? You really think you are worth it?

An if you are unlucky not to be taken to the altar fast enough, you would be wondering why men don't want to settle down with you? Why they abuse their power when the boot is now on the other feet and you have less to offer now?

You think that is when they have time for your "rubbish"? [s]assuming that every girl is interested in his purse or car[/s] Assuming that every man is interested in your desires or happiness because they are God's perfect gift to women you are God's gift to their life [s]expecting her to stand on the road listening to him speak about how he felt on seeing her[/s] expecting them to not live thier lives the way they want because it would make you unhappy?

1 Like

Re: 991 by dabrake(m): 12:47am On Apr 12, 2012
Omo, I no dey stop any girl for road oh. Make dem dey their own make I dey. Most of them get very poor mentality. Na so during our freshers induction, I take eyes look our new born babies. Like some months later, my lecturer come tell me say make I go invigilate/supervise csc111 for am sey him get meeting. Na so I gather them, we enter one class then I come share script tell them make them start. Soon, I go downstairs make I go piss when I see this girl for bursary wey be like one of our babies but I no sure. Me say make I ask am na so I meet am com ask am if she dey matstats.com, yr1. She come like "yes and how is that your concern? *long hiss*". I just vex comot piss my piss finish. Less than 40mins after, she come ask me if na tru sey na me hold test script. She begin dey beg me sey she miss the test but me no send am. She carry her friends come beg me. See power nah. I come later pity the eediot un2 sey if she no get CA, na automatic carry over be dat and na 4 credit unit and the thing go affect am reach yr3. After that episode, she collect my number, make me her friend, dey call me regularly. Who cares?
Re: 991 by Sagamite(m): 12:50am On Apr 12, 2012
dabrake: Omo, I no dey stop any girl for road oh. Make dem dey their own make I dey. Most of them get very poor mentality. Na so during our freshers induction, I take eyes look our new born babies. Like some months later, my lecturer come tell me say make I go invigilate/supervise csc111 for am sey him get meeting. Na so I gather them, we enter one class then I come share script tell them make them start. Soon, I go downstairs make I go piss when I see this girl for bursary wey be like one of our babies but I no sure. Me say make I ask am na so I meet am com ask am if she dey matstats.com, yr1. She come like "yes and how is that your concern? *long hiss*". I just vex comot piss my piss finish. Less than 40mins after, she come ask me if na tru sey na me hold test script. She begin dey beg me sey she miss the test but me no send am. She carry her friends come beg me. See power nah. I come later pity the eediot un2 sey if she no get CA, na automatic carry over be dat and na 4 credit unit and the thing go affect am reach yr3. After that episode, she collect my number, make me her friend, dey call me regularly. Who cares?

Dumb arse typical Naija girl!

If not that the pain for missing the test is very long lasting and damaging, I for say you for no forgive am.
Re: 991 by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 12, 2012
dabrake: Omo, I no dey stop any girl for road oh. Make dem dey their own make I dey. Most of them get very poor mentality. Na so during our freshers induction, I take eyes look our new born babies. Like some months later, my lecturer come tell me say make I go invigilate/supervise csc111 for am sey him get meeting. Na so I gather them, we enter one class then I come share script tell them make them start. Soon, I go downstairs make I go piss when I see this girl for bursary wey be like one of our babies but I no sure. Me say make I ask am na so I meet am com ask am if she dey matstats.com, yr1. She come like "yes and how is that your concern? *long hiss*". I just vex comot piss my piss finish. Less than 40mins after, she come ask me if na tru sey na me hold test script. She begin dey beg me sey she miss the test but me no send am. She carry her friends come beg me. See power nah. I come later pity the eediot un2 sey if she no get CA, na automatic carry over be dat and na 4 credit unit and the thing go affect am reach yr3. After that episode, she collect my number, make me her friend, dey call me regularly. Who cares?

dude...I wouldn't have given her the script no matter what it means to her. Just saying... smiley
That will be her life lesson to not act like an eediot to people she doesn't know. A scar on etiquette of sorts.

Without you letting her learn that lesson, she would quickly forget it and will be one of the r[i]e[/i]tarded nigerian girls walking around right now.
I guarantee you because u did that, she has not changed.

And I would smile all the way through smiley
Re: 991 by dabrake(m): 12:59am On Apr 12, 2012
I just pity am, give am the test make she write am after I don almost submit others. Na her friends begging and the type of lecturer wey dey take delight in failing students make me give am the test again.
Re: 991 by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 12, 2012
dabrake: I just pity am, give am the test make she write am after I don almost submit others. Na her friends begging and the type of lecturer wey dey take delight in failing students make me give am the test again.

omo Ee no for concern me. Afterall as she talk am "Wetin be my concern?" grin

I just no fit support snobbery from girl. If girl fawkup, she don fawkup be dat complete.
In fact, I rather give it to a guy that misyahned and then came late and begged than a girl.
A lot of these girly trash never got to learn hard life lessons because all they had to do was start crying and everyone automatically became soft on them.
It triggers no change in their mentality.

I dunno, I'm just immune to their tears after they mess up.
Re: 991 by nonen(m): 7:41am On Apr 12, 2012
when next that happens, just say:

WOW! YOUR DAD MUST BE DISAPPOINTED WITH YOUR MUM, SHE DIDN'T TRAIN YOU WELL, SHE HAS A LONG WAY TO GO.

No matter how hard she is, she'll definitely crack up or sink in.
Did it severally and it works like magic
Re: 991 by pendo89(f): 8:52am On Apr 12, 2012
I have realised from this thread that people carry a lot of bitterness in them.They walk searching for somebody to offload it to.
This is how it goes.Normal way.

Stranger; Excuse me Maam.
Me; Yes (At this time I have run a quick scan and determined if I need to stop to answer or keep walking as I talk.Its not safe to be so close.What if the man/woman sprays your face?)
Stranger; Would you happen to know the direction to this or that place?
Me; Yeah take this route and go that way or well am not too sure,perhaps you could ask the guy sitted over there,I am also new here.
Stranger; Thanks.
Me;Okay but keep asking people with biz around here cz they know the area better.
Stranger; Thank you.

That takes only 3 min and leaves you with a feeling of satisfaction.
Re: 991 by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 12, 2012
dabrake: so men and the elderly ones who will eventually answer him are not supposed to be scared for their lives shey? Very fallacious.
No mynd dem o jare...dey no d truth but wont say it
Re: 991 by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 12, 2012
abubaka101:
U should'nt hav said that, u should hav said maybe "sorry, am lost, wat street is dis", because most girls hav grown accustomed to the words "hello" "excuse me". If u tell a stranger, who is a girl that, she'll be thinking maybe ur trying to toast her or sumtin.
I really don't find it funny when girls do dis, cos its rude and stupid, it makes me hate'em.
U've got a point dia...but note dat a rude gal will still trt u like trash evn wen she must hv heard dat u lost ur way..she wil end up tnkn its ur way of tryn to woo her...cant blame them sumtyms though...d rate of chykn/hrt brk z increasin on per secs billin.SOME not all r jes biyn cautious but its just dat dey do it in a rude way...their r berra ways to avoid a stranger without byn rude/vulgar in one's words towards the stranger
Re: 991 by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 12, 2012
Amaka G29:
We've been taught not to talk to strangers. The world has become a dangerous and scary place. I have to admit I tend to ignore men because when I am responsive they think I am interested in them. Most of the time when men speak to me in the streets there is a sexual agenda, which embarrasses and frightens me. I try my best to gauge the person's intentions from body language and manner of approach. Now that you bring it up, I'll make an honest effort to be more polite. All I ask is that in the same vein men stop harassing me in the streets. smiley
Well said..
Re: 991 by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 12, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

You notice this because you are a nice guy grin - have you noticed they answer you nicely if you look well-dressed, smell rich or look intimidating and more likely to cause them harm if they don't answer you grin
Lwkmd...chai.nairaland no go kil me...u r so ryt
Re: 991 by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 12, 2012
dabrake: About 4mnths ago when I was at abc owerri park, I sat close to a rankless military nigga. Soon, he stood up to ease himself, urging me to protect his seat. In less than 4mins, one igbo genevieve wannabe walked up to where I was sitting, moved to the man's seat so I humbly told her that someone is there. Omo, see imaginary annoyance. A very rude "did I ask you?. . . BTW, did they write his name here. . . Even if it's Obama, I have a right to do whatever I want to?" was what I got. I was suprised, sufficiently annoyed but refused to express it. Soon the army guy came and was like "but I told you to protect my seat". I had a better response but I wanted the girl to pay for her rudeness so I told him "I told her but . . .". Then I added exactly all she said to me. I never see that kain beating before. The army guy beat the girl like sey she thief bbPorshe/iPad2. Me dey there dey laugh dey listen 2 my gbedu.
Lmao...baba tuale...u 4 evn add lies join...she deserves skinning alive
Re: 991 by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 12, 2012
mangbede: grin
Gud reply to a bastard bitch
Re: 991 by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 12, 2012
2buff: Women/girls typically have a way of bringing a certain, daft awkwardness into any social interaction.
Be it asking them for directions, or otherwise. It's a low-self esteem thing.
To most of them, the number of people they snob off in a day for no reason is directly proportional to their personal sense of worth.
It's the female equivalent of "man dem b[i]i[/i]tches jus be calling me" grin grin grin

Men are generally more capable of handling civilized social interactions than the mentally unstable women-folk. If you can help it, always ask guys for directions.
To avoid getting annoyed, don't bother talking to a strange woman unless you wan toast am. At least then you are ready to play the game. grin
Not:

guy: excuse me where do I find... embarassed
girl: Mtchewwwww undecided <walks away>
guy: angry
kudos...u hit d nail @ d head
Re: 991 by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 12, 2012
Henry40:

1. Every local girl knows that that's the 'pick up' line for every guy interested in them, and only a guy who is usually interested in such girls actually would use that as a pick up line on them. Only a guy loose with the female folk {especially the not very exposed ones} will use such an introduction. If you're as innocent as you make yourself look, such an introduction would probably not even be in your vocabulary.
2. Ladies are far more sensitive than men - they listen to every other language before the orally communicated one. If they snub you, that's probably because your body language says "Shaddy!"
U r ryt in ur number 1
Re: 991 by mygsmnairacom(m): 10:15am On Apr 12, 2012
pendo89: I have realised from this thread that people carry a lot of bitterness in them.They walk searching for somebody to offload it to.

Me; Yes (At this time I have run a quick scan and determined if I need to stop to answer or keep walking as I talk.Its not safe to be so close.What if the man/woman sprays your face?)
Me; Yeah take this route and go that way or well am not too sure,perhaps you could ask the guy sitted over there,I am also new here.
Stranger; Thanks.
Me;Okay but keep asking people with biz around here cz they know the area better.
Stranger; Thank you.

Nice analysis. You are so on point.
Re: 991 by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 12, 2012
2buff: @sagamite Well played sir. Well played.
If these confused animals go stealing the hair of other more gifted women of other races to put on their bald heads, they should at least also copy the merit-able behaviors of same women.
Sadly class and respect cannot be bought (or stolen) like brazilian weave. grin
Lwkmd...you and sagmite are reaping this gurls apart with cold truth...lol...me likey
Re: 991 by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 12, 2012
2buff:

dude...I wouldn't have given her the script no matter what it means to her. Just saying... smiley
That will be her life lesson to not act like an eediot to people she doesn't know. A scar on etiquette of sorts.

Without you letting her learn that lesson, she would quickly forget it and will be one of the r[i]e[/i]tarded nigerian girls walking around right now.
I guarantee you because u did that, she has not changed.

And I would smile all the way through smiley
So true.if na me,i wont help her out
Re: 991 by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 12, 2012
pendo89: I have realised from this thread that people carry a lot of bitterness in them.They walk searching for somebody to offload it to.

Stranger; Thanks.
Stranger; Thank you.

Pendo sweery,u've got it all wrong...what u said z wot a well mannered gurl ought to say buh d gurl in d OP's story lukd @ him as if he z a low life b4 strutting off...it shows she z foolish..simples!!!
Re: 991 by Emphasis(m): 12:11pm On Apr 12, 2012
Its not really the manner of approach or appearance, luck also counts. To me its just the Girls level of maturity, exposure and most importantly her mood. DID i hear someone say appearance? Are fraudsters, players, rapist ugly? Its not the looks.
Am a guy but i must say is not easy being a girl for one day and a pretty one @ that. Tha advances are just to much, and its gets frustrating @times thats why some respond to situation like that with hostile atitude. Like i said its just maturity, some ladies dont just know how to handle such moment or what to say. But i think if a lady doesnt really want to attend to a guy, she should say something like 'sorry, am in a haste', thats sound more polite than looking @ the guy head to toe then sigh off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? / Happy Birthday Cocolav / Do you know that Your Shoe Size Can Determine Your Age??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.