Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,141 members, 7,953,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:50 PM

Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. (5380 Views)

Withdrawal Of Officers From Vips: Police Deploy Men To Airports, Highways To... / Another Police Caught On Camera Beating A Civilian On The Highways Of Lagos / Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by aruzuoke(m): 2:05pm On Apr 11, 2012
I travelled from Enugu down to Abakaliki yesterday and I noticed with utmost dismay that the policemen are once again back on our highways. Its business as usual because they still extort innocent taxpayers shamelessly. Hope the Ig should withdraw these men from the highways once and for all.
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by MrGlobe(m): 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2012
This has got to stop permanently!!!!!! The IG of police has banned road blocks on highways so we should start treating anybody who disobeys as a robber. They must stick to their cars in the highways
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by don33310(m): 3:31pm On Apr 11, 2012
I.G said he will hold the CP and DPO responsible if officers return to road block,i don't think is aware,he gave his number but i can't lay my hands on it now.
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by Unassuming: 4:20pm On Apr 11, 2012
Nope, it's still illegal for police to mount roadblocks in federal high ways of Nigeria...please use the folloing line to report this incedent. 08077446699
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by Phonon: 4:20pm On Apr 11, 2012
He is asking why a pig is going back to wallow in dirt after being cleaned!
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by ogbo17: 4:31pm On Apr 11, 2012
NA WAOO I EVEN SAW POLICE OFFICERS ON DSC EXPRESS WAY AND UDU ROAD.WETIN IG MUST HEAR THIS.
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by dubem3(m): 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2012
this na naija...
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by andyzoga: 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2012
Nigerians only complain without doing anything. The IG has done it all n we can see his seriousness. He has publicly given us nos to send sms to, I've tried it b4 n seen +ve results. Do ur part by sending sms to 08077446699
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by emsquare(m): 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2012
don33310: I.G said he will hold the CP and DPO responsible if officers return to road block,i don't think is aware,he gave his number but i can't lay my hands on it now.

True!
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by Ukobong7(m): 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2012
Mm, police should go back to the highway, especialy the northen region of the country, maybe it will reduce the activities of the ''BOKO HARAM,,;> grin
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by achi4u(m): 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
they do jump out to mount roadblock when they thought the coast is clear and disappear when their pocket fill.

pls@poster,are a brother of Chijioke Aruzoke frm umuchu?
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by Cupidkc(m): 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2012
I saw some collectin 200 naira/bus @ Umuikaa in Abia state.
Tnks 4d fone no,gat to txt them nw.
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by kenmusa: 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2012
Ever since the order was given by the IG, our roads have become safer and freer. One can comfortably drive without the fear of armed robbers and extorters.
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by emmysam2: 5:06pm On Apr 11, 2012
Why wont they be back? Can you seperate a local dog from shyte? grin
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by lilvonz(m): 5:07pm On Apr 11, 2012
Saw some at the lagos/ibadan express road yesternight
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by jamace(m): 5:22pm On Apr 11, 2012
These numbers(08077446699 or 0810255581) are direct lines to Police IG. Send only short messages (SMS) :

Your SMS should contain the following:

-Quote the Police Vehicle number /identification
-Quote the Officers name and numbers
-Date
-Time:
-State:
-Local Govt area:
-Type of illegal duty - Extortion of money,illegal road block/Check points e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by JUO(m): 5:24pm On Apr 11, 2012
NA WAOO I EVEN SAW POLICE OFFICERS ON DSC EXPRESS WAY AND UDU ROAD.WETIN IG MUST HEAR THIS.
COME TO IGDUBU MARKET BY CLASSICAL EVERY SUNDAY 10AM, YOU WILL SEE THEM DIVING OKADA
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by Kunlegzy(m): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2012
@op u heard that there was a fight between two communities in eboyin in Dec, if i must be right ezzailo nd ezza people. So thats the reason why u saw them there. Well as for me i ll prefer they go back to d road considering the spate of robberies that have happen since their redeployment, in which me am a victim. Thats my opinion
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by worldman(m): 5:32pm On Apr 11, 2012
Yes does army rubber are back collecting money from poor nigerians I think it is very bad I G most hear this
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by Johnsinia(m): 5:38pm On Apr 11, 2012
Kunlegzy: @op u heard that there was a fight between two communities in eboyin in Dec, if i must be right ezzailo nd ezza people. So thats the reason why u saw them there. Well as for me i ll prefer they go back to d road considering the spate of robberies that have happen since their redeployment, in which me am a victim. Thats my opinion
shey dem fit stand arm robber?abegi,whether police dey mount road block or nt.arm robber go still find their way.na God go helep us.
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by tchrisjj: 5:42pm On Apr 11, 2012
aruzuoke: I travelled from Enugu down to Abakaliki yesterday and I noticed with utmost dismay that the policemen are once again back on our highways. Its business as usual because they still extort innocent taxpayers shamelessly. Hope the Ig should withdraw these men from the highways once and for all.
cm 2 maiduguri n c d worst,instant of dem 2 check 4 bh they busy collectn.
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by Basics007: 5:48pm On Apr 11, 2012
tchris jj: cm 2 maiduguri n c d worst,instant of dem 2 check 4 bh they busy collectn.
Wait o brother,are you in Maiduguri? So there are people still stayin in that town?
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by greentea1: 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2012
He has publicly given us nos to send sms to, I've tried it b4 n seen +ve results. Do ur part by sending sms to 08077446699[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by kristiansmart: 6:08pm On Apr 11, 2012
Nigerians only complain without doing anything. The IG has done it all n we can see his seriousness. [img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by Ignatio(m): 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2012
Was asking the same question yesterday when I saw them along Enugu/Onitsha road near Awka.
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by Abitol(m): 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2012
Travelled through Abakaliki-Enugu, Enugu-Awka, and Awka-Onitsha road. Saw police officers mount road blocks on those aforementioned routes. But if they are not their in uniform, they will in mufti to rob. We spent up to 45mins on the Ondo-Oore road stalled at a point to avoid been robbed as armed robbers had a free day raiding those travelling home for the Easter holiday.
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by Kayday(m): 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
The IG ordered them back to the highways. They are to do patrol and not to block the roads. Well, is it not u people that pressured the IG to reverse himself? Infact, there's been peace since they left the roads and i feel that the perversive presence of corruption did come down.
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by Cupidkc(m): 9:47pm On Apr 11, 2012
jamace: These numbers(08077446699 or 0810255581) are direct lines to Police IG. Send only short messages (SMS) :

Your SMS should contain the following:

-Quote the Police Vehicle number /identification
-Quote the Officers name and numbers
-Date
-Time:
-State:
-Local Govt area:
-Type of illegal duty - Extortion of money,illegal road block/Check points e.t.c
tnks bro. hp its goin to wrk? Texting nw.
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by Ardedaryor(m): 9:47pm On Apr 11, 2012
emmysam2: Why wont they be back? Can you seperate a local dog from shyte? grin
NA TRUE TALK BROO
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by deezed1(m): 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2012
@OP vry true! I saw sm police men on awka enugu road and some too on 9th mile nsukka road. Pls peeps, hw abt "army chkpts" r they allowed?
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by tchaik(m): 12:23am On Apr 12, 2012
Unassuming: Nope, it's still illegal for police to mount roadblocks in federal high ways of Nigeria...please use the folloing line to report this incedent. 08077446699
Hmm!!!! Make sure you cover your A!S!S very well while reporting. Don't Trust Cops!!
Re: Whats Your Reaction On The Police Taking Over The Highways Once Again. by Musiwa: 2:23am On Apr 12, 2012
well. i dont blame the nigeria police. suffering is too much, how can they take care of their family if they dont collect bribe on the street. It will be impossible for them to live. they will suffer so much ke. they collect N50 because that is their only mean. they dont get paid $60k .. they suffer so much in Nigeria.

That why the nigeria police collect bribe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abiye Sekibo Killed Harry Marshall... Australian / Why Niger Delta Avengers Could Not Launch The Missiles. / NASS Election: Se/ekweremadu Betrayed SS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.