Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? (5262 Views)

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes / Your Favorite Java IDE? / Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by broswilli: 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2012
fatezy: Surprised I haven't seen Visual Studio mentioned here. Is it because there are not that many Microsoft programmers on here?
I'm here thinking VS is the best gift to man since sliced bread

Visual Studio is a wonderful IDE but it only supports programming languages for Microsoft Platform. Probably that is why nobody has mentioned it. I heard that you can get plugins to make it work for some non microsoft programing languages. Many Nigerian Freelance programmers have started using open source programming languages like Java, PHP, Python, Ruby and so on.
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by delomos(m): 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2012
@fatezy:
Def Agege all day, everyday --

How is the Classic ASP support, I couldn't get intellisense to work right?
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by candylips(m): 5:26pm On Apr 30, 2012
fatezy: Surprised I haven't seen Visual Studio mentioned here. Is it because there are not that many Microsoft programmers on here?
I'm here thinking VS is the best gift to man since sliced bread

My problem with VS is that u have be pay $$ to get any decent functionally that comes out of the box with IDEs like Eclipse and Netbeans.

for example to refactor code in VS i need to drop $ to buy resharper whereas the same refactoring tool is built into eclipse for free. .
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by fatezy(m): 12:18pm On May 04, 2012
candylips:

My problem with VS is that u have be pay $$ to get any decent functionally that comes out of the box with IDEs like Eclipse and Netbeans.

for example to refactor code in VS i need to drop $ to buy resharper whereas the same refactoring tool is built into eclipse for free. .

refactoring is available out of the box in VS2010.
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by fatezy(m): 12:21pm On May 04, 2012
delomos: @fatezy:
Def Agege all day, everyday --

How is the Classic ASP support, I couldn't get intellisense to work right?

Sorry, Don't know much about classic ASP support.
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by Ghenghis(m): 9:29pm On May 04, 2012
fatezy:
Turbo was crap, enough said. Netbeans was a bit overwhelming. VS was intuitive (to me)

Wow!

That was an award winning IDE, I started programming with Turbo .
Maybe you used it when there were more sophisticated IDEs on the market. There was also solid integrated debugging.
Borland made the best compilers and IDEs back then...
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by Tomingo(m): 4:24pm On May 07, 2012
Seun: I used to love Netbeans because it supported multiple languages and it didn't impose any structure on projects, but since netbeans 7 dropped support for Python, I've been stuck with Netbeans 6.9.2.

I'm trying to pick up Eclipse because it supports most Open Source languages and tools (e.g. git) very well, but I find it to be far less responsive than Netbeans and much less flexible (for example, you can't include source directories outside your project directory)
I agree with you. And yeah even the latest netbeans IDE 7.1 does not support Python Integration. I really like netbeans because of its Visual Mobile Designer tools when working with J2ME
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by harryobas: 9:01pm On May 23, 2012
I use sharpdevelop for .Net, eclipse for java and devc++ for c++
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by clod: 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
I use Codelobster for PHP development
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by Borwe: 6:06am On Jan 29, 2015
Eclipse for everything. cool cool
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by bb6xt(m): 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
I have seen the light, I am now a disciple of the great Church of Emacs (http://churchofemacs.org/).

Ye dearly beloved brethren, deliver thy selves from the throes of darkness, and ascend into the glorious light of Emacs (http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs).

I was once in darkness like you my dearly beloved, I was seduced by many lusts (Pycharm, PhpStorm, Sublime Text 2 & 3, Atom) but now I have received salvation. Please follow the path of illumination.

To install:
Debian, Ubuntu et al:
$ sudo apt-get install emacs

Arch:
$ pacman -S emacs

Redheart, Fedora etc:
yum install emacs

Window:
(choco is from chocolatey [https://chocolatey.org/])
$ choco install emacs

After installation (to really fall in love) pick one of:
https://github.com/bbatsov/prelude
OR
https://github.com/bodil/emacs.d
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
Nusphere IDE, Netbean for java dev. And finally visual studio for window softwares/app dev
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by Raikishi(m): 5:16am On Jan 30, 2015
Wingware IDE ---> When I am in pyMode (love it to bits especially for monolithic projects... import wx...> code completion hits you in the face)
Visual Studio--> @work mostly where c# is the order of the day. Intellisense like no other (Not too lazy but i'd rather hit TAB than type too long)
eclipse --> for the bouts of java i occasionally fall into (eclipse is erm: mas o menos ::: imo better than netbeans)
Textmate/Notepad++ --> All things HTML and Javascripty (Textmate = Mac ::: Notepad++ = Windows)
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by xager(m): 6:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
Delomos, does sublime text have intellisense? mine is Visual Studio by the way smiley
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by Borwe: 6:26am On Feb 08, 2015
Whts best IDE for web development on Linux OS's like Ubuntu?
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by AAinEqGuinea: 9:34am On Feb 08, 2015
netbeans...php cool

@topic
Re: What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? by Borwe: 6:20am On Feb 11, 2015
Jedit on Ubuntu is starting to impress me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER / Learn Programming And Be Equipped For The New Year( One On One Training ) / Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.