Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World (10793 Views)

Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix / Cnnmoney: Nigeria The Third Fastest-growing Economy In 2015 / Nigeria: Third Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Imf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by jpphilips(m): 9:35pm On Apr 12, 2012
alj harem: I think that is a lie. We have seen how the poor get poorer and the rich get richer, how can such an economy like that be a growing ?

of course yes!!
a country with exponential growth in corruption, a country where incomptence amongst public officials is celebrated.
a country where a CBN gov doubles as a sharia headmaster,
a country where iweala reduced the economy to a piece of paper all she needs is to plot a graph of the wealthy political class versus corruption yes! its a straight line graph with exponential growth.
i feel sorry for jonathan and his team.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by Demdem(m): 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2012
Beaf:

You think everybody is a dummy like you, a political zombie that doesn't quack outside dogma? A soul sold for the price of akara.
I can tell the truth about poverty in the streets and still say, GEJ forever. Cos, these are the things I believe.

Asaba Japan, did u just talk about truth? I refuse to be deceived, time will tell. We all know including outsiders that there is poverty on the streets so don't think I will give u a crown for that. No doubt, the retardeen's policies are also compounding it. that I know u won't accept monkey. grin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by ekitikan(m): 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2012
STAND AT HOUT!!!!!!! By the left mark time,ileptua,ileptua.We are just marking time in 9ja (marching on a spot without moving forward nor backward).
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by Alumnus: 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2012
oyb: oh well. . my two year old is the fastest growing person in the house. . .

You just gave d best definition of economic growth bro. She is not the tallest nor the wisest but grows faster than every other person in the house. grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by emiye(m): 11:31pm On Apr 12, 2012
It is the third fastest growing economy on PAPER in the world
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by bakila: 11:35pm On Apr 12, 2012
The ministers made a mistake, we are the fastest growing economy in the purchase of Gen sets. Third fastest in importation of refined petrol. Third fastest in the growth of corruption at the presidency and in purchase of consumables in the world.

Liers without borders this govt. Somebody should make them take an oath that anytime they lie their dick should shrink.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by ITbomb(m): 11:51pm On Apr 12, 2012
oyb: oh well. . my two year old is the fastest growing person in the house. . .
You just made sense out of this story
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by OzReal(m): 12:03am On Apr 13, 2012
This is what is called VOODOO ECONOMICS! Naija my Naija, I hail o!! grin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by OzReal(m): 12:09am On Apr 13, 2012
jp philips:

of course yes!!
a country with exponential growth in corruption, a country where incomptence amongst public officials is celebrated.
a country where a CBN gov doubles as a sharia headmaster,
a country where iweala reduced the economy to a piece of paper all she needs is to plot a graph of the wealthy political class versus corruption yes! its a straight line graph with exponential growth.
i feel sorry for jonathan and his team.

You don't need to be sorry for Jonathan. This is clearly Voodoo Economics practised in a Voodoo democracy. Are you surprised by this? In our country, the more you look the less you see. This Minister is really bold to insult Nigerians in this manner. Make I go drink beer jare. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by obowunmi(m): 1:37am On Apr 13, 2012
it is but foreigners enjoy our resources more than we do --- money is hardly spent in Nigeria -- these days it comes abroad, goes to Ghana, or South Africa.

Even with parties, all of the resources are imported. Sad.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by londoner: 4:54am On Apr 13, 2012
Nigerians are something else..........I remember just a few weeks ago when the thread was about Ghana being first fastest in the world.

Nigerians just praised and praised.......simply because of light and good roads.

Something which most economies in the world have had for hundreds of years................

They can never actually ACCEPT that any positive news can come out of Nigeria. Most of the time , it is not that they even do their own research to find such news unfounded.........they just see the name Nigeria in relation to something positive and they reject it with all that is within them.

It is a very peculiar trend..............

https://www.nairaland.com/874934/ghanas-economy-fastest-growing-world/1#10240834
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by debit: 7:47am On Apr 13, 2012
Not all growth is pregnancy oh,fibroid dey too,economic growth day only accrues to the rich to the detriment of the masses................

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by mayorxxxy(m): 9:02am On Apr 13, 2012
Labaran Mungun fooling Nigerians. He can't fool me anyway.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by nkemKalu: 9:02am On Apr 13, 2012
This is arrant nonsense. How can a country without electricity, no form of mechanized agriculture and a country that cannot produce its food to feed it's populace be the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world? Come to think of it, there is high level of insecurity in this country and no single functional refinery to even refine our crude oil. Bad roads, no good airport, no rail system of transportation, very poorly equipped hospitals, and many more. Where then is the growth? I beg make una tell me...ooooo before I will die with laughter. I think this government should tell these their bullshit to the blues. May be, just may be, I think this government is referring to the fastest growing personal POCKETS of the SENATORS, MINISTERS, ADVISERS, AND OTHER POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDERS. In that case, they will be right.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by mmuoado(m): 9:09am On Apr 13, 2012
NEVER!
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by tchaik(m): 9:58am On Apr 13, 2012
This looks and sounds stewpid. Especially when, according to the Finance Minister, Nigeria is going broke.
http://ediong.tumblr.com/post/21016011625/after-four-months-of-consistent-denial-finance
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by tchaik(m): 10:07am On Apr 13, 2012
bakila:
Liers without borders this govt. Somebody should make them take an oath that anytime they lie their dick should shrink.
Dude!!!! This means that all office holders will soon be dcikless.
tongue shocked grin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by Rastamann: 11:22am On Apr 13, 2012
Which growth? Any GDP can grow but does it trickle down to the poor masses? What we need is pro-poor growth!
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by thoth: 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2012
There is an Igbo adage that goes like "when you want to kill a dog call it a big name". I think it will do Nigerians good to publicly discredit this aim, other countries where the IMF experiment has been experienced would be a testimony that to misinform the outside world of the hardship that the people of a target country is going through the media and the paid officials project an image of progress whereby the actual situation is different, that sort of disinformation shuts up the voice that is already speaking out on the ongoing slaughter of the economy and derails and removes the interest of those who would have been against such overtures is they have the opportunity to get the real information.
Everybody should discredit this image any little way they can , we as the masses are more powerful that these few paid puppets of the international banking cartels.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2012
Is true that Nigerias Economy is growing but the citizens aint seeing it cause the thieves that elected themselves via election rigging are up there making it hard for the citizens and God is making it hard for them to have peace of mind.

People like T.A Orji and co
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by nkemKalu: 1:48pm On Apr 13, 2012
These people (Jonathan and his disciples) talk from two sides of the mouth. Labaran Maku will be here telling us that Nigeria is the 3rd fastest growing economy, while OKONJO Iwuala, will be at the other side telling us that Nigeria is going broke.......What Kind of government is this?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2012
I Love Tis undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by lukkie(m): 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2012
Of course the economy is growing in Aso rock. Awon oloriburuku jati-jati.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by spaceship(m): 10:13am On Apr 14, 2012
Based on d explanation of d differences btw economic growth n economic development. I think I might want to believe the minister is actually rite about his figure even though I never made any confirmation about that. But that being said is it of any necessity to really boast of growth that in my on knowledge worsen rather than improve d standard of living of its citizen. Or do they expect to be applauded for such growth that does nothing but impoverish more n more Nigerians everyday. Daily loss of jobs, increment in rates of essential commodities all in d name of economic growth rather than development. What a great achievement. They should keep it up.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by Venchy: 12:38am On Apr 15, 2012
Well I can confirm that Africa as a continent is one the fastest place to invest presently and Nigeria is one of the fastest growing economy in the continent despite all the ups and downs in the country, this is published by the UK news paper. I am not an expert in economy but i think the economic development of a country should be base on the number of services provided for the rest of the world and Nigeria provide no service as far as I'm concern other than Oil production and it's not even processed in the country.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On Apr 15, 2012
As of February 2012,

[size=14pt]Ghana is second fastest developing economy in the world. Qatar is number one. China is number 6, and Nigeria is number 25.
[/size]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_real_GDP_growth_rate_(latest_year)

There is really no need to give oneself any headache here since the data is free and available for all to verify.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by dont8(m): 7:02am On Apr 15, 2012
Is it possible to grow backward? Because, we can't be deceived again by a crooked survey. The once upon a time 'happiest people' on planet earth without infasructures, housing, transportation, health facilities and power generation!
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by gulfer: 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2012
Kobojunkie: As of February 2012,

[size=14pt]Ghana is second fastest developing economy in the world. Qatar is number one. China is number 6, and Nigeria is number 25.
[/size]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_real_GDP_growth_rate_(latest_year)

There is really no need to give oneself any headache here since the data is free and available for all to verify.
When you talk of rapid promotion..............the more you look, the less you see; all was to give NOI a bit of support for the WB presidency..my thots!
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by 1025: 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
any idiot that is telling nigerians this kind of story is worthy to loose the world bank presidency to even mr. Ibu of the nollywood.
it is a shame that even in a country where oil is bigger than water, we don't have roads, no light,no educational system, no police, no security, no hospital, no court, no law, no, no, no, and the only yes and yes you have here is corruption which is free for all yet u are no 0 in the fastest growing economy.
abeg, how can an economy grow with security, light and other basic amenities? chai, no wonder benin republic president won jonathan for ecowas sit and iweala just could not stand kim. if they had brought that old former senegalese president(wade), i can bet my life that he will still win iweala and jonathan for any position.
chronic and unrepentant liars.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by Olaolufred(m): 1:27pm On Apr 17, 2012
If a whole Iweala that I so much respected under OBJ for leaving the later's regime to protect her integrity, could now forge figures to support her govt., who is Labaran? 100% POLITICIAN.
Politicians may not be thieves the world over.
But in Nigeria, THIEF is the synonyms of POLITICIAN.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Is The Third Fastest Growing In The World by Cholls(m): 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2022
My brother what a shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators / Ojukwu Family’s Bid To Recover Ikoyi Property Suffers Setback / 2 Opposition Parties Deny Allegiance To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.