Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split (25661 Views)

Dbanj And Charley Boy Pictured Together / MUST-READ: New Facts Emerge On Muna Obiekwe's Death ...chei!... / LOL: Alibaba, Derenle Edun, Matse Funny Comments On Dbanj’s Koko Concert! (2) (3) (4)

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Danigmatic(m): 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2012
ifihearam: Na don jazzzy go suffer this break up allah
because na u go dey do †ђξ beat for dbanj abi?
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by ifihearam: 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2012
Which beat??

Na only him get beat ni?

Why he collect the balance 120k for D banj back
Na him dem sign for the Samsung advert??

Why he dey greedy like dat??

Wether yu haterz like it or not,Dbanj don go I dnt knw about don jazzzy
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 13, 2012
ifihearam: Which beat??

Na only him get beat ni?

Why he collect the balance 120k for D banj back
Na him dem sign for the Samsung advert??

Why he dey greedy like dat??

Wether yu haterz like it or not,Dbanj don go I dnt knw about don jazzzy

Dont mind them jare. . .I wonder what it will take to compose a beat for somebody gifted like d'banj.the last time donjazzy add flavour to d'banj music was in tongolo and that was many years back.If d'banj like me sef,i for manage am and we go do 80 -20 . grin grin dbanj ti jeun soke.
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by benlay(m): 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2012
afam4eva: Let's see how it plays out at the end of the day. I kinda have a soft spot for Don jazzy because i think he's honest and humble unlike D'Banj.

The judge. You are welcome!
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
Aygem: Don jazzy appears to be the parasite here!
The poor boy buy motor for him and im broda wey no sabi sing only nursery rhyme im sabi,upon dat d boy buy house for am. So na to follow big boys commot dey hungry am? Ole!!!!!!

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by fili24: 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2012
D'banj was the face of Mo'hits
Igbos are very greedy people,
If u do business with them
you do it at your own risk.

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Basildon1(m): 4:31pm On Apr 13, 2012
Naija ppl and sentiments. This is not about Don Jazzy is a nice guy and D Banj is proud. It is about facts on ground.

In the music game, for a producer that doesnt rap or sing or release his own tracks, what did he expect finally?

DBanj even tried. all these years of calling Don J 'Oga' while he was bringing in dough and sweating his a$$ off on stage, he never even bothered with the fact that he is older and more famous. If that's not humility, what is?

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by maclatunji: 4:32pm On Apr 13, 2012
Business between partners can be likened to marriage. Most divorces in marriage and business aren't pretty.
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by aljharem(m): 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2012
~Bluetooth:

scheisbe. . . .are you saying there are no ibos in delta ? No let agbor people hear this one o.

[size=13pt]Agbor people ARE NOT IGBOS[/size]. Quote me anywhere,

Yes they bear Igbo names but don't understand Igbo language or culture. Lets get our facts right here.
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by aljharem(m): 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2012
Don jazzy and D'banj

Monkey they work (D'banj), baboon dey chop (Don Jazzy)
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by IykeD(m): 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2012
fili24: D'banj was the face of Mo'hits
Igbos are very greedy people,
If u do business with them
you do it at your own risk.

If I call you stu_pid, I will be doing injustice to stu_pid people.
Why do you have to mention a tribe in your foolish assertion. While I do not wish to be dragged into this matter but ave you asked yourself how D'Banj became relevant in the first place.
Who knew D'banj while in London before Don Jazzy took him in and formed a team with him. Go back to the days of "Tingolo" album and see for yourself.
Get your facts right before you open your filthy mouth and insult a whole tribe.
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by pistol: 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2012
Vry funny comments.
Lets just keep our arms crossed and see how d story gonna end.
I think the producer is the king in any marriage.
He can make and push u into prominence with his beat even if singing is not ur calling.
Dbanj just signed his death sentence.

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by quin9(f): 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2012
If there's any part of diz story I CAN NEVER belif,its d part dat Dbanj paid d bills! No king humbles himself as to becoming d servant,while d servant sits on d throne and recieves homage!let's be realistic....all diz is cork nd bull

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Afam4eva(m): 4:52pm On Apr 13, 2012
alj harem:

[size=13pt]Agbor people ARE NOT IGBOS[/size]. Quote me anywhere,

Yes they bear Igbo names but don't understand Igbo language or culture. Lets get our facts right here.

You just intentionally like invoking controversies. Yes, they bear Igbo names but speak Yoruba. Are you happy now?

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by basher(m): 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2012
~Bluetooth:

did don jazzy contribute to the oliver twist video ? D'banj sabi o,he no sabi o,he has freed himself from the bondage of an exploitative manager and if you know how to sing,apply to don jazzy to manage and label you. grin

.....and how many hits has the video had in three weeks on Youtube? These guys were making money from endorsements and sponsorship deals in Nigeria & Africa, therefore they should have concentrated their efforts in Nigeria & Africa. I'm sorry, but they would never make that type of money in the Uk or USA.

It's extremely foolhardy to up sticks and relocate just because one of your songs is crossing over in a 'niche' club scene in the UK or USA. Oliver twist is the song that is crossing over and I can confidently tell you that it is the beat and the hook that is proving catchy. All that DBanj yarn about "Omotala" & "Genivieve", na dust. Nobody cares about that or knows what he is saying; its the beat and the hook that does it. You cannot change the direction of your career based on a fluke song. You have to do it over and over again.

..least you've forgotten
- Mohits paid Good music to sign them for a deal! Let me put it plainly; Good music was incentified (egunjed) to sign dbanj and don j. A down payment was made, contract signed, now mohits owes good music. Who go pay

- Punch Newpapers is a tribal paper.

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by aljharem(m): 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
afam4eva:

You just intentionally like invoking controversies. Yes, they bear Igbo names but speak Yoruba. Are you happy now?

Nope they do not speak yoruba or Igbo, Reason for saying is because I spoke to an Abgor man the other day and I spoke Igbo to him, he was angry and angryly told me he is not Igbo and should not disrespect him. So what should I do.

I told him he bears Igbo names but told me some bear Igbo names while others don't.
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Afam4eva(m): 5:10pm On Apr 13, 2012
alj harem:

Nope they do not speak yoruba or Igbo, Reason for saying is because I spoke to an Abgor man the other day and I spoke Igbo to him, he was angry and angryly told me he is not Igbo and should not disrespect him. So what should I do.

I told him he bears Igbo names but told me some bear Igbo names while others don't.

If you met an Agbor man in your dream that's your business. This is real life dude, wake up. And where did you learn the Igbo you spoke to him with...ohh, i'm sorry it was in the dream. Have you ever spoken German in your dream before? Just asking.

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by SisiKill1: 5:13pm On Apr 13, 2012
Basildon1: Naija ppl and sentiments. This is not about Don Jazzy is a nice guy and D Banj is proud. It is about facts on ground.

In the music game, for a producer that doesnt rap or sing or release his own tracks, what did he expect finally?

DBanj even tried. all these years of calling Don J 'Oga' while he was bringing in dough and sweating his a$$ off on stage, he never even bothered with the fact that he is older and more famous. If that's not humility, what is?

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by aljharem(m): 5:16pm On Apr 13, 2012
afam4eva:

If you met an Agbor man in your dream that's your business. This is real life dude, wake up. And where did you learn the Igbo you spoke to him with...ohh, i'm sorry it was in the dream. Have you ever spoken German in your dream before? Just asking.

OK, Afam lets not get into this discussion
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by amosy007: 5:20pm On Apr 13, 2012
Basildon1: Naija ppl and sentiments. This is not about Don Jazzy is a nice guy and D Banj is proud. It is about facts on ground.

lol that is called hu-millitary hehehehehe
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by SisiKill1: 5:20pm On Apr 13, 2012
Hmm, Alhaji Alhaji. . .can't take you nowhere!!

Where thou goeth, Tribalism followeth shaaa!

Haba!! cheesy cheesy
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by aljharem(m): 5:23pm On Apr 13, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Hmm, Alhaji Alhaji. . .can't take you nowhere!!

Where thou goeth, Tribalism followeth shaaa!

Haba!! cheesy cheesy

Sisi mi, I know understand why o ! grin grin
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by brinell(m): 5:24pm On Apr 13, 2012
I do respect both DBang and Don Jazzy, but I think that its below par for DBang to talk about what he bought (personal) for a friend. Its like me demanding a return of gifts I gave to a girlfriend after we quit! Too low abeg! It was all good, and no one can say the other star became on its own. They all assisted each other to get to the height they are now. No logical argument will give all credit to one of them only.

In my opinion, Don Jazzy prepared the base that harnessed DBanj's talent and he in turn brought the needed funds and shot the MO'HIT label higher. This is mutual benefit, so it would be childish to waste time here arguing who is better or who did more. To me, this is bound to happen sometime, but then again, there is a contract with Kanye. So how do they work together. Dem no go see each other?

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by amosy007: 5:25pm On Apr 13, 2012
pistol: Vry funny comments.
Lets just keep our arms crossed and see how d story gonna end.
I think the producer is the king in any marriage.
He can make and push u into prominence with his beat even if singing is not ur calling.
Dbanj just signed his death sentence.
guy i dey fear u o.. Na u wan kill him? If dbanj stop singing today he can ever poor again.. Get that straight
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by basher(m): 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2012
brinell: I do respect both DBang and Don Jazzy, but I think that its below par for DBang to talk about what he bought (personal) for a friend. Its like me demanding a return of gifts I gave to a girlfriend after we quit! Too low abeg! It was all good, and no one can say the other star became on its own. They all assisted each other to get to the height they are now. No logical argument will give all credit to one of them only.

In my opinion, Don Jazzy prepared the base that harnessed DBanj's talent and he in turn brought the needed funds and shot the MO'HIT label higher. This is mutual benefit, so it would be childish to waste time here arguing who is better or who did more. To me, this is bound to happen sometime, but then again, there is a contract with Kanye. So how do they work together. Dem no go see each other?

That contract with kanye is pointless. The only person who will gain from it is kanye himself, as per the money they paid him. How u wan market dbanj for Yankee? He ain't no singer, he ain't got no great voice, and he ain't no Fela?! The guy na performer; novelty.
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by ypzilanti: 6:09pm On Apr 13, 2012
All you people running your mouths about what you no nothing about. Two friends quarreled and you are taking sides. Shey you will eat your words if they make up tommorrow?

ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Partnerships fail all the time. If you are a seasoned businessman, you know this.

JayZ also broke it up with Damon dash after donkey years.

People grow up, have different visions and qurrel about money, and this can lead to a break up.

Abeg tribal warriors can you all just give us a break on Nairaland?
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by ddippset(m): 6:19pm On Apr 13, 2012
damn! now i understand why jenny couldn't say NO.
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by oobim(m): 7:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
people dnt knw d implicatn of bitin d hand dt fed em or shud i say,hw pride cn bring em down..in 2 months time 'oliver twist' wil wear out,then,we'l knw hw strong dbanj is witout don j.check out pple who did sumthn similar,whr r they 2day?kelly hansome 2 kenis,9ice 2 id cabasa,kels 2 capital,etc.2face is relevant til date cos he was n is stil HUMBLE.he parted ways wit kenis on a peaceful level.dnt jus push away pple who stood by u wen no one else did.NA DEM SABI.AM NT A FAN OF NEITHER

Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Double194(m): 8:37pm On Apr 13, 2012
apache77: So for 8years, DBanj was the marketer bringing in close to N1billion naira by way of his music and endorsements into MOHITS?Don Jazzy just sat down there forming big man and letting us all think he owned and ran MOHITS. Then the first deal he Don Baba J brokered,Samsung, ie the first money he ever brought into Mohits- he cheated DBANJ out of $130k.why? Don Jazzy Why? They say DBANJ is arrogant, but I dare say that no one who controlled the sort of funds he did within that establishment can have the sort of humility he displayed over 8years.

Now its glaring that DBANJ owed Mohits, brought in the funds that kept them going, dispensed favors as he so wished, yet never a day, did anybody even suspect that he was the dynamo, he was the cash cow. NO one ever knew he signed the checks and had Don Baba J on a salary. Everybody said Don JAzzy bought him that BMW, he even said so himself, meanwhile it was the reverse. DFBANJ made it seem like Don JAzzy was his master, while all along, he, DBANJ was Don Jazzy's master. He bought a Bentley for Don JAzzy that was N5.2m more expensive than the one he bought for himself. Damn, i dont think there is any living young Nigerian that can show the sort of humility DBANJ showed. Its Don JAzzzy Again (IDJA) reverence deceived everyone into thinking Don JAzzy was the head, while all along DBAN was.Even within the MOHITS staff, no one knew DBANJ signed checks. They all assumed IDJA got the cash and gave DBANJ. And DBANJ never for once even boasted, even in bed to any of his girlfriends or hommies.

Sad sad sad about this report, and everything the report said here about the GOOD MUSIC sidelining DOn JAzzy I will consider as conjecture, till further emails from both parties tell us otherwise. But if it was the truth, then it just casts IDJA as even more of an ungrateful person. From the foregoing, what i can deduce from their breakup is this:

1. IDJA started resenting DBANJ in some way as he made them more money, and termed it arrogance so as to soothe his own ego and create the feel good factor around himself. How can you call a man arrogant who has deified you to the point of being God, atleast in the eyes of the public
2. Greed, finally nailed the partnership because Don Jazzy collected $130k dollars and didnt tell DBANJ about it. He prolly felt it was time he earned his own N15million without DBANJ brreathing down his neck.
3. The GOOD MUSIC deal finally buried MOHITS- because DBANJ owed MOHITS, IDJA wanted it scrapped so they could throw in with GOOD MUSIC. DBANJ knew at GOOD MUSIC, he will be a salaried entertyainer while at MOHITS he signed checks. WHo would agree to that? So the GOOD MUSIC deal just amplified the saying that 'All that glitters is not gold'. Kanye and Jigga came in from nowhere and spoilt one of the brightest African business models ever spawned..and i cry. Despite the fact Don Jazzy stole money, despite the fact he felt DBANJ was arrogant, they would have sorted their differences like the men they are had GOOD MUSIC not being in the picture

Now, a creative partnership made in heaven has gone down and all real aficionados of music and creativity should be sad for this.

U've not even heard from the second party and U are already creating conclusions. This goes to show that U already harbour bigotted sentiments towards Don Jazzy. (Thats ur big problem cos he doesn't even know U exist).
See as ur write-up long pass the correspondence itself, na so U hate Don Jazzy reach.? I think U have a personality problem (FIX IT)
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by ritux: 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2012
brinell: I do respect both DBang and Don Jazzy, but I think that its below par for DBang to talk about what he bought (personal) for a friend. Its like me demanding a return of gifts I gave to a girlfriend after we quit! Too low abeg! It was all good, and no one can say the other star became on its own. They all assisted each other to get to the height they are now. No logical argument will give all credit to one of them only.

You just pointed something there that it is below par for dbanj to say he bought so and so for Jazzy. What about Jazzy taht was balbing that dbanj sing u cannot sing rap u cannot rap....... Is this not below par for Jazzy to be saying.
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by Double194(m): 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2012
Most of U under-estimate Don Jazzy. He produced a song for Fally Ipupa that nearly blew down rooftops. He produced a song (Under G) for SauceKid that won MTV song of the quarter year. He produced a song (free of charge) for The South African Choir for Nelson Mandela's B.day in London that won him a handshake with Nelson Mandela. He co-produced a song with Cobhams for the Headies Project that won him numerous awards. He has won Best Producer in Nigeria for 3 years consecutively. And U still think D'banj was the driving force behind MoHits. (Think again). Ever listened to the beats behind Pere by W.C.
Re: New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split by iykay4455(m): 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2012
gboss4sure:

Showing your hatred once again for the IGBOS. GO HUG TRANSFORMER NA IF U HATE EM. Mad DOG

Why did u bother replying him?People like that have a miserable and frustrating life.He deserves pity instead.

Tekno Shares Proof On Twitter To Show He Gave Fans Money As Promised / Maria Chike Signs Lucious Virgin Hair Endorsement Deal (Photos, Video) / BBNaija Phyna Escapes Kidnappers’ Attack In Delta State

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68