Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot (3499 Views)

Photo Of The Nigerian Diplomat Equatorial Guinea Police Beat Up Mercilessly / Natanyahu Ordered An Isreali Military Attack On Iran-CNN / Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by jookco(m): 2:40pm On Apr 13, 2012
Soldiers have taken control of much of the capital of the Guinea-Bissau in what appears to be a coup attempt.

Heavy gunfire was heard in the city of Bissau and at the residence of outgoing Prime Minister Carlos Gomes Junior.

Troops also took control of the national radio station and ruling party's headquarters.

Mr Gomes came first in an inconclusive presidential election last month, but failed to win outright. His whereabouts are not known.

West African regional organisation Ecowas condemned what it described as an attempted coup.
Run-off boycott

"I personally saw some military vehicles close to the residence of the prime minister, and 20 minutes later, we heard an explosion, probably an RPG [rocket propelled grenade], and then shooting sounds. We heard this not on a regular basis, but we heard this shooting for one hour," a Bissau resident, who wished to remain anonymous, told the BBC about events on Thursday night.

The whereabouts of the interim president, Raimundo Pereira, is also unknown, reports say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17698853
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by otokx(m): 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2012
The African politicians are not delivering the dividend of democracy so the people are tired. Egypt, Libya, Mali, Guinea Bissau, who next?
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by coolguy2002: 12:18am On Apr 14, 2012
war or wat
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by bashydemy(m): 1:10am On Apr 14, 2012
otokx: The African politicians are not delivering the dividend of democracy so the people are tired. Egypt, Libya, Mali, Guinea Bissau, who next?
To the bold Nigeria
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 14, 2012
Those Thinking of a coup in Nigeria are just day dreaming, Just carry out a coup in Nigeria today by tomorrow the USA drones will be flying over Nigeria. and come to think of it can a coup take place where even the military are corrupt.
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by PeterKbaba: 6:30am On Apr 14, 2012
Nigeria come 2015 is next and the outcome of the 2015 presidential election will determine if we move forward or backwards as the country normally does (back to the 60's)..
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by thedon18: 7:40am On Apr 14, 2012
I wish and pray nigeria,would be the next,
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by shrikant46: 7:52am On Apr 14, 2012
Soldiers have taken control of much of the capital of the Guinea-Bissau in what appears to be a coup attempt.

[URL=http://www.multimediamktg.com/]miami video production[/URL]
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by trigar12(m): 7:54am On Apr 14, 2012
thedon18: I wish and pray nigeria,would be the next,
Chicken, pray 4 a beta nigeria, idiot.
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by Tropilo(m): 8:37am On Apr 14, 2012
thedon18: I wish and pray nigeria,would be the next,

Be careful what you wish for. Be even more careful what you wish others, cos it might just go against you.
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by samfibby(m): 8:38am On Apr 14, 2012
So long as our naive govt does not go around snooping in other peoples affair, the whole of ecowas can as well be at the mercy of pirates, who gives a damn. These so called neighbors are f...ing ingrates, two time backstabbers. I hope MR JONA is reading this!!! Stick to your domestic affairs!!! angry
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 14, 2012
bashy_demy: To the bold Nigeria
To the bold,
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by kutchs: 8:56am On Apr 14, 2012
Fools calling for a coup in Nigeria, lets see who cries wen it happens.
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by jobaskia(m): 9:00am On Apr 14, 2012
Our so calld civilians has been liabilities to us as a people . I see no reason why we can not ve the basic necessities when we are so rich but out of reach and impoversihed. Nigeria is sitting on keg of gunpowder. It's either we implode or explode wateever.well all d coup happenins is a precedent. Let's wait n see
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by bknight: 9:15am On Apr 14, 2012
Ingrates indeed..but they aint to be blamed, international politics only seeks to push an individual country's interests first before any other.

Back to d topic, when u r not mentally developed enough to handle situations, u tend to physical aggression. "political liberation goes hand in hand with mental emancipation", until Africa is mentally emancipated she's yet to break the chains of bad leadership.
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by belovedaja(m): 9:18am On Apr 14, 2012
otokx: The African politicians are not delivering the dividend of democracy so the people are tired. Egypt, Libya, Mali, Guinea Bissau, who next?

Nigeria is next
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by belovedaja(m): 9:22am On Apr 14, 2012
gboss4sure: Those Thinking of a coup in Nigeria are just day dreaming, Just carry out a coup in Nigeria today by tomorrow the USA drones will be flying over Nigeria. and come to think of it can a coup take place where even the military are corrupt.

just wait and see. You may even be the one that will lead the plot. It will be a civilian coup.
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by belovedaja(m): 9:26am On Apr 14, 2012
PeterKbaba: Nigeria come 2015 is next and the outcome of the 2015 presidential election will determine if we move forward or backwards as the country normally does (back to the 60's)..
a coup that will lead to disintegration may be underway. Haven't you heard that jonathan will be consumed in three month.
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by moderattor: 9:58am On Apr 14, 2012
A coup in Nigeria will fail!
And fail woefully.

We have passed that stage a long time ago.
Well done guinea-bissau , you are 50 years behind us cheesy
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by buske(m): 11:54am On Apr 14, 2012
Are u insane?..my frnd, pray 4 9ja, work for 9ja's progress too...God bless Nigeria
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by gbogboti: 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2012
When the rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer nko? Travel round Nigeria and see poverty. Our able boys are wasting away as thugs and agberos. Our girls cos of poverty have choosing toe the path of prostitution. If u see what are the senators do in abuja, u will truly realise that there is simply no democracy in Nigeria. Look round and see peoples' faces are u happy with what u see. We need a complete overhauling of the nigeria system. Kill all the politicians including my father. Why can't we all enjoy this life equally before we leave this world. After all, we will all die one day. Why looting and looting and looting for only ur children who even their 10th generation can't finish? Abegi, let d military boys take over jare. Ihejirika is a very cold General
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2012
belovedaja:
just wait and see. You may even be the one that will lead the plot. It will be a civilian coup.

Bro u don weed?. me carry out a coup?. Oya tell me what is Jonathan's Sin, Cause he is from the south abi. You guys didn't call for a coup during OBJ regime. Do you think is easy to lead? try and lead an ordinary group and you will understand what leadership is all about.

Before you talk of Fuel Subsidy as Jonathan's Sin, go and read Mrs Ngozi Iwealas latest speech that governors refused to collect their state allocation until subsidy is removed. They pushed him to the wall, it was 1 man against 36men + the NASS members they just allowed him to carry all the blames while the lied to us, Now if it was you what would you have done?

Before you talk of Boko Haram, let me ask you, who formed them? who bought those rifles and bombs form them or do you think guns and bombs cost the price of Beans?. who is protecting them or do you think northerners even those in the military don't know this BH boys, they knows all of them but why wont they arrest them? Is GEJ going to carry GUn and start pushing BH himself?

Who is always releasing them when caught, who is lobbying the American government from putting Boko Haram as a terrorist organization or you think is cheap to lobby the American government, Do you think Jonathan makes every decision in Nigeria just because he is the president, Guys the soon you guys starts understanding Nigerian politics the earlier we start preparing for a change. Don't blame GEJ cause e no eazy.

Bro don't pray for what you cant stand when it happens, the moment a coup happens in Nigeria as Nigeria is now, then break up is imminent.

Some one tell me what is Jonathan's Sin? am eager to hear it.
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 14, 2012
moderattor: A coup in Nigeria will fail!
And fail woefully.

We have passed that stage a long time ago.
Well done guinea-bissau , you are 50 years behind us cheesy

Tell them bro
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by idelle: 2:47pm On Apr 14, 2012
gboss4sure:

Tell them bro

I pray[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by cap28: 10:33pm On Apr 14, 2012
Coups in africa tend to succeed wen tjhey r backd by the west as they fund them this one is no xception. A coup will not succeed in nigeria bc0s jonathan is awestern puppt and the west will do evrythg possble to protect him , so no chance of a coup succeeding in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 14, 2012
cap28: Coups in africa tend to succeed wen tjhey r backd by the west as they fund them this one is no xception. A coup will not succeed in nigeria bc0s jonathan is awestern puppt and the west will do evrythg possble to protect him , so no chance of a coup succeeding in nigeria

Talk that one make dem hear, Unless dem wan see US drones flying around naija
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by Yewe2011(m): 11:49pm On Apr 14, 2012
gbogboti: When the rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer nko? Travel round Nigeria and see poverty. Our able boys are wasting away as thugs and agberos. Our girls cos of poverty have choosing toe the path of prostitution. If u see what are the senators do in abuja, u will truly realise that there is simply no democracy in Nigeria. Look round and see peoples' faces are u happy with what u see. We need a complete overhauling of the nigeria system. Kill all the politicians including my father. Why can't we all enjoy this life equally before we leave this world. After all, we will all die one day. Why looting and looting and looting for only ur children who even their 10th generation can't finish? Abegi, let d military boys take over jare. Ihejirika is a very cold General

What are they doing in Abuja?

I know that place is rich and lavish
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by shrikant46: 12:28pm On Apr 17, 2012
thanks for shearing this post.

[URL=http://www.denverseo.mobi/seonext-website-review-services.html]www.seonext.com complaints[/URL]
Re: Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot by Nayah(f): 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
I don't really know what's happening ( or I imagine) in your sub region West Africa but I pray for our Continent because I truly believe that France and UE are destablizing countries in West Africa for ressources because Europe is now facing fierce economical issues

(1) (Reply)

The World's Largest Free-flying American Flag Has Been Ripped In Half After A Th / BREAKING: Russia Captures Kyiv After 17 Hours Of Fierce Fighting / President Obama’s Daughter Sasha Shares Cute Pics On Instagram (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.