Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap? (3120 Views)

How Do I Get In Touch With My Crush - Shalewa In Tinsel? (photo) / Did I Go Too Far With What I Did? She Thinks I'm Silly / How Far Can She Push You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap? by marvelck: 5:09pm On Apr 13, 2012
With the way this popular TV soap is going, it might not be around by next year. Cos, the storyline seem to be weak and it seems they also dont have stories to tell anymore. Most of the cast are trying, and are even capable of acting anywhere on the continent. but when the storylines are weak, the cast tend to perform below par sometimes. Telema and Kwame's marital issue is weak and should be done away with. Even Shalewa's agitation for her dad's release from prison is better. atleast its a bit funny. Philip and his dad's road trip to Lokoja is somehow taken a lifetime. Maybe Lokoja is now in Ghana. Cos, they seem to be stuck on a particular road forever. Please the director and the writers of this award winning soap, should do something to improve the storylines. They should give us issues that are bound to captivate the viewers like Jacob cross and Changes. The storylines on Tinsel are most times predictable and weak. Like the typical nollywood stories. Even one of the cast complained about the same thing the other day. Tinsel ought to be an international brand, and not for local audience only. We need to raise the bar, the more...

PS: And please, can anyone tell me what happened to the chuk's character on the soap. Cos it's only Ene I've been seeing. where is chuks? I guess they want to kill the character. cos to me, the guy playing the role of chuks, is not trying at all.

Re: My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap? by Goldieluks: 5:10pm On Apr 13, 2012
Worst soap ever. Packed with too much ego. embarassed embarassed
Re: My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap? by Sijo01(f): 7:42pm On Apr 13, 2012
^my dear Tinsel is a waooo if u really tak ur time to follow it up.
D only time i sit glu to a TV is btw 12:30 to 1pm daily except am nt in d ofix. No body dar seek for my attension btw dis period cos evryfin abut me den is Tensel
Re: My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap? by Sijo01(f): 7:47pm On Apr 13, 2012
@op, nice observations der but i dnt focus on deir weaknex. To me evryfin abut dem is perfect.
BTW, which station ar u viewing from? Cos u seems to b behind, though i did nt watch d part philip n his dad goin to lokoja but chuks n ene ar engaged to b married. Kwame n telema r history, dey'v broken up. For shalew, her real dad is Dan (her mother's manager)
Re: My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap? by Akainzo(m): 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2012
I believe the guy playing the "Chuks" character probably had a real life accident or medical condition. He stayed too long on crutches for it not to have been what happened in real life.

You'd also notice that "Amaka" also seemed to have gotten pregnant in real life so they wrote a script to kind of accommodate the situation.

By and by, Tinsel is a good production but they do not to improve on the storyline truly.
Re: My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap? by marvelck: 9:21am On Apr 14, 2012
I know about Chuks and Ene. And for your information, they are already married. And I also know Dan is shalewa's real father. I've seen all of that and more. I guess you're still behind from where you are watching the soap.
Re: My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap? by marvelck: 9:24am On Apr 14, 2012
@Sijo1, I know about Chuks and Ene. and for your information, I know they are already married. and i also know about Dan being shalewa's real father. I've seen all of that and more. I guess you still behind, from where you are watching it.over here, they've gone far. and I've been following it on Mnet.
Re: My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap? by dikkybutt(m): 9:32am On Apr 14, 2012
@Marvelck I feel you.
@Soji01 has been watching d old episodes which shows on Africa Magic by 12:30 as against the current one that's on mnet by 7:30.
Re: My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap? by Sijo01(f): 1:01pm On Apr 14, 2012
dikkybutt: @Marvelck I feel you.
@Soji01 has been watching d old episodes which shows on Africa Magic by 12:30 as against the current one that's on mnet by 7:30.

u rit. Am followin d one on Africa M.
Re: My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap? by polokor60(m): 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2012
Sijo01:

u rit. Am followin d one on Africa M.
you can still follow the current episode of tinsel in your office from 1 pm to 1.30 pm on mnet series after watching the old episode on africa magic.enjoy the best of both world wink
Re: My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap? by Sijo01(f): 7:12pm On Apr 17, 2012
^tnx dude. Wil try dat out 2moro, even Africa M has stopd showin it. It was nt shown ysday (monday) n 2day too. Am reali missing d progrm n ofix hs been so boring wit out it sad
Re: My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap? by eezeribe(m): 6:32am On Mar 28, 2018
marvelck:
With the way this popular TV soap is going, it might not be around by next year. Cos, the storyline seem to be weak and it seems they also dont have stories to tell anymore. Most of the cast are trying, and are even capable of acting anywhere on the continent. but when the storylines are weak, the cast tend to perform below par sometimes. Telema and Kwame's marital issue is weak and should be done away with. Even Shalewa's agitation for her dad's release from prison is better. atleast its a bit funny. Philip and his dad's road trip to Lokoja is somehow taken a lifetime. Maybe Lokoja is now in Ghana. Cos, they seem to be stuck on a particular road forever. Please the director and the writers of this award winning soap, should do something to improve the storylines. They should give us issues that are bound to captivate the viewers like Jacob cross and Changes. The storylines on Tinsel are most times predictable and weak. Like the typical nollywood stories. Even one of the cast complained about the same thing the other day. Tinsel ought to be an international brand, and not for local audience only. We need to raise the bar, the more...

PS: And please, can anyone tell me what happened to the chuk's character on the soap. Cos it's only Ene I've been seeing. where is chuks? I guess they want to kill the character. cos to me, the guy playing the role of chuks, is not trying at all.
Tinsel is still running strong... Your destructive criticism and prediction of its failure within one year were futile...

(1) (Reply)

I Urgently Need Your Sincere Advices / A Picture Of A Lady Proposing To A Guy(ladies Can You Do This?):d / Ireneony I Want To Be Your Maga, Let Me Be Your Lover.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.