Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers (47026 Views)

Poll: What is your opinion of tithe preachers.

They genuinely believe it is required: 13% (35 votes)
They know it is not relevant to christianity but they still preach it for money: 21% (55 votes)
They are preaching the gospel truth: 28% (73 votes)
They are genuinely ignorant of the truth about biblical tithes.: 9% (25 votes)
They are just business men trying to make a dis honest living.: 27% (71 votes)
This poll has ended

If A Thieve Steals The Money I Had Packaged For Tithe, Do I Still Pay Tithe From / A Question For Tithe Payers / A Question For Tithe Payers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 7:26am On Apr 26, 2012
Image123:
The Bible does not say anywhere that the Levites were abolished.

Are you being deliberately ignorant with this kind of fraudulent answer?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Jem1: 9:13am On Apr 26, 2012
Goshen360: @ Jem1,

No worry. Just leave Image123 to answer my questions. All things (Abraham tithe or levitical tithe) will be taken care of in my questions. Just siddon dey look. We still dey Q4. Am waiting for Image123 to now answer the question Q4.

That's okay Goshen, I apologise for coming into the middle and throwing punches anyhow lol. I guess I was responding to every and any one who has being saying 'anti-tither' and I really shouldn't let it bother me, thanks.

Image123: @Jem1
i almost forgot to chip in that your vex against any passage of scripture(in this case Malachi 3) is uncalled for. i don't recall even making a reference to that passage, or perhaps your post wasn't addressed to me?

I’m sorry Image, ok? You haven’t mentioned Malachi. I suppose I made that association from the talk earlier in the thread about 1st Tithe (Levites) which is the one Malachi said people are cursed if they don’t bring. It’s difficult to know people’s positions here though; it appears it is not cast in stone. Each ‘tither’ has his own definition. ‘But’ I must point out that a subliminal association with Malachi is made by church members when a pastor/teacher begins to use imagery from Levitical Tithing as a way of maintaining pastors.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 10:11am On Apr 26, 2012
nuclearboy: Image123:

Everyone is asking questions and since I answered yours, let me ask some too that will aid viewers understand what is happening here

What do you do for a living?

Are you a pastor or aspiring pastor?

Is tithe(s) your primary (or secondary) source of income?

Why are you lying and refusing to answer simple questions directly IF INDEED you truly believe your position is right?

Is it righteous or holy to avoid honesty and dance about issues? which of Jesus or His Apostles behaved like this?

Only 5 questions but readers will see through you!
nuclearboy: Image123:

Everyone is asking questions and since I answered yours, let me ask some too that will aid viewers understand what is happening here

What do you do for a living?

Are you a pastor or aspiring pastor?

Is tithe(s) your primary (or secondary) source of income?

Why are you lying and refusing to answer simple questions directly IF INDEED you truly believe your position is right?

Is it righteous or holy to avoid honesty and dance about issues? which of Jesus or His Apostles behaved like this?

Only 5 questions but readers will see through you!
i made the deal, and it's not in the deal that I would answer your question(s). Nonetheless, i'll answer this though you've already known the answers before but refused to know.
1). i do not wish to disclose my private life, but i'm a civil servant.
2). i'm not a pastor, neither do i aspire to be one.
3).no
4). i'm not lying, and i've answered ALL the questions that i agreed to answer.
5). No, is it? Because i also feel that's what you guys are doing. Is it?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 10:21am On Apr 26, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Are you being deliberately ignorant with this kind of fraudulent answer?
You've chosen to be ignorant and proudly so. Where does the Bible say that Levites were abolished? It's not my fault that Goshen asked a wrong question and refused to humbly correct himself. Next question Goshen abi, e don finish be that? If i use one line answer question, dey go say na fraudulent. If i pass one line, they go accuse me of dancing. This guys go harsh pass Saduccees o.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 11:31am On Apr 26, 2012
Image123:
You've chosen to be ignorant and proudly so. Where does the Bible say that Levites were abolished? It's not my fault that Goshen asked a wrong question and refused to humbly correct himself. Next question Goshen abi, e don finish be that? If i use one line answer question, dey go say na fraudulent. If i pass one line, they go accuse me of dancing. This guys go harsh pass Saduccees o.

This answer implies you know he is referring to the levitical priesthood which tithing is based on. So if you know that the levitical priesthood as been abolished why doing you try and retain the tithing aspect of it albeit in a twisted format?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 11:34am On Apr 26, 2012
Image123:
i made the deal, and it's not in the deal that I would answer your question(s). Nonetheless, i'll answer this though you've already known the answers before but refused to know.
1). i do not wish to disclose my private life, but i'm a civil servant.
2). i'm not a pastor, neither do i aspire to be one.
3).no
4). i'm not lying, and i've answered ALL the questions that i agreed to answer.
5). No, is it? Because i also feel that's what you guys are doing. Is it?

Bros you are a barefaced liar lying with his whole being. I have no doubt in my mind that you are a beneficiary of tithes collections.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by nuclearboy(m): 11:44am On Apr 26, 2012
Image:

There is NO question you asked that anyone danced around! After answering even the ones you asked me, you wanted clarification and I again answered!

And the Goshen question issue is sad! You knew he meant the "priesthood" but legalistically insisted that it was the levites he said were abolished!

That is dishonest!

Btw, do you by any chance work in the petroleum ministry, NNPC or police pensions? They will appreciate your talents in those places!

is
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2012
nuclearboy: Image:

There is NO question you asked that anyone danced around! After answering even the ones you asked me, you wanted clarification and I again answered!

And the Goshen question issue is sad! You knew he meant the "priesthood" but legalistically insisted that it was the levites he said were abolished!

That is dishonest!

Btw, do you by any chance work in the petroleum ministry, NNPC or police pensions? They will appreciate your talents in those places!

is

LWKMD evidently Image 123 must be one of the evil servants stealing all our collective wealth.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
@all
I am sorry to derail the thread, but I can't resist asking Image this small kweshion.

@Image123
Now that you have confirmed to us that you are a civil servant and we already know judging from your posts that you are very dis honest we can safely conclude you are one of the numerous civil servants who collect egunje or make money from the entrenched corruption you guys thrive in. My question is do you pay tithes from the egunje you collect or you pay tithes stricly based on your salary considering the fact that egunje is likely to form the larger part of your income.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Zikkyy(m): 2:31pm On Apr 26, 2012
^^^^ Bros, take it easy with NL's only prophetic apostle na grin touch not NL's anointed angry
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by debosky(m): 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
I just can't understand the behaviour here - why is it so difficult to stay on track and leave aside all these distractions?

If Image is accused of being 'legalistic' or evading answering the question, then he should rephrase the question so it can be answered properly.

Let the questions as direct as possible so there is no room to evade them.

I do not support this type of 'beer parlour' approach - let's keep things civil and orderly. It's not too much to ask.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 7:15pm On Apr 26, 2012
@ debosky,

You are too much! Sometimes, I wonder why people are never patient enough. I have to re-ask my question in order NOT for Image123 to evade them. Because he (image123) must answer my question. Thank you once again. God bless you.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 7:52pm On Apr 26, 2012
@ Image123,

QUESTION 5

(a) According to Hebrews 7:9-10, Did LEVI who RECEIVES tithes also PAID tithes "in and through" Abraham?

(b) According to Hebrews 7: 11-12, Was the LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD and ITS LAW CHANGED OR NOT?

(c) If you claim that the Levi, its Levi-tical Priesthood and Laws still exist today in the body of Christ (remember this Levi is one who functions in the levitical preisthood, who receives and paid tithes in/through Abraham v9-10), WHY IS IT NOT CALLED ACCORDING TO THE ORDER OF AARON (Heb 7:11) BUT ACCORDING TO THE TRIBE OF JUDAH (Heb 7:13-14)?

(d) According to Hebrews 7 :13-14. Jesus arose from the tribe of Judah which makes it clear that even Jesus nor anyone from His tribe was not eligible to receive or collect tithes because He was not from the tribe of levi who were commanded to receive and pay tithe. DO YOU AGREE WITH THIS BIBLE TRUTH? if you don't agree with this bible truth, kindly state your reason(s).

(e) As a PRECONDITION to the Levites accepting/inheriting the tithes, God EXCLUDED them from OWNING LAND in Israel because tithe is given to them as their inheritance. WHY IS "NOT OWNING LAND" NOT PRACTICED TO FULFILL THE CONDITIONS FOR RECEIVING TITHE OR WHY DO TITHE TEACHERS/PREACHERS OWN LAND/BUILD HOUSES YET STILL RECEIVE TITHE - Is this part of God's ordinance being practised in today's tithe doctrine?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2012
Chei dis kweshion 5 is tooooo hot oo! Me sef I no fit ansa am grin over to you apostle Image smiley
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 12:57am On Apr 27, 2012
Pastor Kun: Chei dis kweshion 5 is tooooo hot oo! Me sef I no fit ansa am grin over to you apostle Image smiley
Further confirmation of what i first said on this thread. You lack understanding of the issues on ground, and of the Bible passages you so often fight. What you ought to do is humble yourself and learn from those who practice or understand.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 12:59am On Apr 27, 2012
Image123: This shows a poor, v.poor understanding of tithes and tithing. As usual, i leave kunle to his blindness.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 1:13am On Apr 27, 2012
And goshen, i see you improvised. Your questions now have children, hopefully the remaining may even have g.children. How fruitful and duplicitous. BTW, your (a) question is not clear or comprehensible enough.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:09am On Apr 27, 2012
Image123: And goshen, i see you improvised. Your questions now have children, hopefully the remaining may even have g.children. How fruitful and duplicitous. BTW, your (a) question is not clear or comprehensible enough.

Hebrew 7:9-10 reads,

9 Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, 10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.

AND THE QUESTION READS

5(a) [size=15pt]Did[/size] LEVI who RECEIVES tithes also PAID tithes in and through Abraham?

Answer YES or NO. 5(a) It's a YES or NO question but if you have explanation to be added to your answer, it's allowed. Again, the rest questions is NOT going to carry up to "g.children" BUT might still carry upto or not to "e.children",lolz. Abi you wan question examiner why he dey set question like this? Oga, take time o. grin
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by 9lifes(m): 5:48am On Apr 27, 2012
I have achieved more after i stop paying tithe 6 yrs ago.I am still waiting for the worms,i buy plenty insecticides,and i am still enjoying my God.

Read your bible people?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 7:17am On Apr 27, 2012
9lifes: I have achieved more after i stop paying tithe 6 yrs ago.I am still waiting for the worms,i buy plenty insecticides,and i am still enjoying my God.

Read your bible people?
Some atheists have a better 'testimony' since they stopped believing in God, they are right no? i find non-tithers more materialistic than tithers. Coincidence?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Enigma(m): 7:31am On Apr 27, 2012
Image123:
Some atheists have a better 'testimony' since they stopped believing in God, they are right no? i find non-tithers more materialistic than tithers. Coincidence?

Now now now! From experience and observation, I will go as far as saying that the bolded is a gross untruth ----- a major falsehood.

1. Most tithers, especially in Pentecostal/Charismatic circles, tithe for material reasons! They are hoping/believing that by "tithing" they will be "blessed", 'devourer' will be 'rebuked' etc.

2. You will find that deliberate and considered "non-tithers" in general are not motivated by material gains for their position; otherwise they too will go with the "I want to be blessed so I must tithe" herd.

3. I will also claim that a considerable number, arguably the majority, of "tithers" do NOT do it because they love God; we would have seen them show that they love God if they are in the habit of following what God and Jesus said about how to show you love God. The fellow who attends church on a Sunday and "pays" his tithe while there but cannot spare 10 or 20 naira for the poor beggar outside the church is not necessarily demonstrating love for God!

cool
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2012
@Goshen
5a). A comprehension test? You must be in the spirit of the ongoing wassce. What's this question got to do with anything except to catch me in my words, hypocrital. ARRIVAL Hebrews 7. Well let's make some foundations and note the basics in Hebrews 7. If you read from verse1-8, you'd SEE that before Levi, there was a priest/clergy/spiritual leader. AND before Levi, there was tithe. I'd so love to go into detail but not to irk your cohorts, let's move on. Note the tense used in verse 9 'Levi RECEIVETH tithes'. Receiveth is not past tense, it's continuous present abi na future continuous(Debo, which one?). The verse ABOLISHES your claims that there is no more receipt of tithes. The writer of this epistle saw tithe as a present continuous thing to do, else He would have said "Levi also, who RECEIVED tithes".
The verse then says Levi paid tithes IN Abraham i.e just like we all sinned IN Adam.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Jem1: 10:50am On Apr 27, 2012
Enigma:

Now now now! From experience and observation, I will go as far as saying that the bolded is a gross untruth ----- a major falsehood.

1. Most tithers, especially in Pentecostal/Charismatic circles, tithe for material reasons! They are hoping/believing that by "tithing" they will be "blessed", 'devourer' will be 'rebuked' etc.

2. You will find that deliberate and considered "non-tithers" in general are not motivated by material gains for their position; otherwise they too will go with the "I want to be blessed so I must tithe" herd.

3. I will also claim that a considerable number, arguably the majority, of "tithers" do NOT do it because they love God; we would have seen them show that they love God if they are in the habit of following what God and Jesus said about how to show you love God. The fellow who attends church on a Sunday and "pays" his tithe while there [b]but cannot spare 10 or 20 naira for the poor beggar [/b]outside the church is not necessarily demonstrating love for God!

cool

You are talking about 10 or 20 naira for the poor beggar, I read some 'tither' on Nairaland advice that even if your child is ill and dying, on no account must you use Pastor's Tithe (Levitical Tithe) for hospital bills. That's how entrenched and vice-like the hold of fear and bondage is cry
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 10:54am On Apr 27, 2012
5b). Good of you, you amended your error. i wish you could do that more often. Levites cannot be abolished, at least not from the Bible. They are a tribe in Israel, and we still see them in the future in Revelations 7. Maybe/it appears you people don't know the meaning of 'abolish'. Abolish means put an end to. e.g like slave trade abolished. It's not the same thing as 'change'. Like i can change from channel1 to channel2. That's different from abolishing channel1. We shouldn't just use big grammar to confuse ourselves. The Levitical priesthood was changed not abolished. The KJV talks of abolishing idols, even righteousness, works, enmity, death. It never mentions abolishing the Levitical priesthood, what we see is change.
Note again, tithe is not a subset of Levi, it existed before Levi. Priests/clergy/ministers are not a subset of Levi, they existed before Levi.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 11:01am On Apr 27, 2012
5c). i didn't make such claims. i said we still have God's ministers working full-time and that it's no more limited to a tribe. We still have an High Priest, albeit an unchangeable one Jesus, of the tribe of Judah. Today, you can be black and non-Jew and still work for God full-time, that's NT. It's no more the exclusive preserve of the tribe of Levi or the house of Aaron. Today, Jesus still RECEIVETH tithes Hebrews 7v8.
"And here men that die receive tithes; but there HE RECEIVETH THEM, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth." (Hebrews 7:cool.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 11:05am On Apr 27, 2012
5d). Hebrews 7.8 clearly says that Jesus receives tithes and is eligible to. God is not a man, neither is He Moses. He receiveth continually and continuously, or as in soccer parlance `tithe4life`. Hebrews 7v13-14 say nothing about tithes. You can check all the versions and language bibles you can lay hands on. You're adding to the Word again, why?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Enigma(m): 11:05am On Apr 27, 2012
Jem1:

You are talking about 10 or 20 naira for the poor beggar, I read some 'tither' on Nairaland advice that even if your child is ill and dying, on no account must you use Pastor's Tithe (Levitical Tithe) for hospital bills. That's how entrenched and vice-like the hold of fear and bondage is cry

That one was particularly terrible. Haba!

cool
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 11:14am On Apr 27, 2012
5e). God gave the Levites the tithe of israel FOR their service to God, not because He excluded them from owning land. Goshen!
i don't really get your 'exclusion from not owning land' bit. The Levites had CITIES to dwell in. They were to fully concentrate on God's service, and not to busy themselves with sowing and harvest like other tribes. That's the part/bit that i know. But and if you insist, we are new testament christians and not subject to 'do not own land' laws. Acts 4.36,37 Joses was a Levite and a new testament christian. He owned land and even sold it. There's no such condition of which you speak, at least not in the NT which i operate in. Be 'berean christians' guys, not just winners of points and arguments. Truth hurts less with time.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2012
Image123: 5e). God gave the Levites the tithe of israel FOR their service to God, not because He excluded them from owning land. Goshen!
i don't really get your 'exclusion from not owning land' bit
. The Levites had CITIES to dwell in. They were to fully concentrate on God's service, and not to busy themselves with sowing and harvest like other tribes. That's the part/bit that i know. But and if you insist, we are new testament christians and not subject to 'do not own land' laws. Acts 4.36,37 Joses was a Levite and a new testament christian. He owned land and even sold it. There's no such condition of which you speak, at least not in the NT which i operate in. Be 'berean christians' guys, not just winners of points and arguments. Truth hurts less with time.

I had wanted to restrain from commenting on Image's answer but I just have to make this one. God clearly stated in scriptures that the Levites were entitled to tithes becos they had no inheritance in the land and the scriptures below prove it.

Deuteronomy 14:27
27[b] And the Levite that is within thy gates, thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no portion nor inheritance with thee[/b].

Deuteronomy 12:12
12 And ye shall rejoice before Jehovah your God, ye, and your sons, and your daughters, and your men- servants, and your maid- servants, and the [b] Levite that is within your gates, forasmuch as he hath no portion nor inheritance with you. [\b]
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 3:36pm On Apr 27, 2012
@ Image123,

Goshen360:
QUESTION 5
(a) According to Hebrews 7:9-10, Did LEVI who RECEIVES tithes also PAID tithes "in and through" Abraham?

AND I ADDED LATER,

Goshen360:

Hebrew 7:9-10 reads,

9 Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, 10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.

AND THE QUESTION READS

5(a) [size=15pt]Did[/size] LEVI who RECEIVES tithes also PAID tithes in and through Abraham?

Answer YES or NO. 5(a) It's a YES or NO question but if you have explanation to be added to your answer, it's allowed.

AND YOUR ANSWER WAS,

Image123: @Goshen
5a). A comprehension test? You must be in the spirit of the ongoing wassce. What's this question got to do with anything except to catch me in my words, hypocrital. ARRIVAL Hebrews 7. Well let's make some foundations and note the basics in Hebrews 7. If you read from verse1-8, you'd SEE that before Levi, there was a priest/clergy/spiritual leader. AND before Levi, there was tithe. I'd so love to go into detail but not to irk your cohorts, let's move on. Note the tense used in verse 9 'Levi RECEIVETH tithes'. Receiveth is not past tense, it's continuous present abi na future continuous(Debo, which one?). The verse ABOLISHES your claims that there is no more receipt of tithes. The writer of this epistle saw tithe as a present continuous thing to do, else He would have said "Levi also, who RECEIVED tithes".
The verse then says Levi paid tithes IN Abraham i.e just like we all sinned IN Adam.

I can't just understand why you go in CIRCLE when it comes to simple answers. I didn't put my "RECEIVE" in past tense and neither did i CLAIM ANYTHING. As a matter of fact, nobody cares about whether is in past, present, present continues and even future tense. The question was asked as it is in the bible, very pure and simple. I also used the same past tense in PAID as used in the bible. If you like to use RECEIVETH, that is you BUT YOU STILL DIDN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION. I perceive you KNOW what's in that very question, hence you dodge it.

Your simple answers should/would have been: YES, the Levi RECEIVES AND PAID TITHE IN/THROUGH ABRAHAM OR NO, LEVI WHO RECEIVES TITHE DIDN'T PAY TITHE IN/THROUGH ABRAHAM.

Very Simple. Nobody is saying tithe didn't exist before Levi or not. My questions are still coming to that because you simple don't understand where the writer of Hebrew was doing. I will show you .....IF WE GET THERE.

Goshen360:

QUESTION 5
(b) According to Hebrews 7: 11-12, Was the LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD and ITS LAW CHANGED OR NOT?

AND HERE IS YOUR ANSWER(S):

Image123: 5b). Good of you, you amended your error. i wish you could do that more often. Levites cannot be abolished, at least not from the Bible. They are a tribe in Israel, and we still see them in the future in Revelations 7. Maybe/it appears you people don't know the meaning of 'abolish'. Abolish means put an end to. e.g like slave trade abolished. It's not the same thing as 'change'. Like i can change from channel1 to channel2. That's different from abolishing channel1. We shouldn't just use big grammar to confuse ourselves. The Levitical priesthood was changed not abolished. The KJV talks of abolishing idols, even righteousness, works, enmity, death. It never mentions abolishing the Levitical priesthood, what we see is change. Note again, tithe is not a subset of Levi, it existed before Levi. Priests/clergy/ministers are not a subset of Levi, they existed before Levi.

Again, the question says Levitical priesthood and its law changed or not? You took one side of the question and left the other side of its law aspect. I know you had argued here in the past that the law being changed is that it's no more restricted to a particular tribe called levi but not many BUT WHAT HAPPENS OR HAPPENED TO THE LAWS GOVERNING THE LEVI? Since you just agreed that the levitical priesthood changed, Does the LAWS governing them REMAINS OR ALSO CHANGED? This is what Hebrews 7:12 clearly stated. You took the levites/levitical priesthood now many and left the law being changed aspect. CAN YOU PLEASE ATTEND TO THE LAW ASPECT REGULATING THE LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD, DOES IT REMAIN WHILE THE PRIESTHOOD IS CHANGED? Again, as to tithe existed before levi or not, we will get there as you dont understand what the writer of Hebrew was doing here in Hebrews 7. I will show you in as we progress. Answer the laws aspect of the question please.

Goshen360:
QUESTION 5
(c) If you claim that the Levi, its Levi-tical Priesthood and Laws still exist today in the body of Christ (remember this Levi is one who functions in the levitical preisthood, who receives and paid tithes in/through Abraham v9-10), WHY IS IT NOT CALLED ACCORDING TO THE ORDER OF AARON (Heb 7:11) BUT ACCORDING TO THE TRIBE OF JUDAH (Heb 7:13-14)?

AND HERE IS YOUR ANSWERS:

Image123: 5c). i didn't make such claims. i said we still have God's ministers working full-time and that it's no more limited to a tribe. We still have an High Priest, albeit an unchangeable one Jesus, of the tribe of Judah. Today, you can be black and non-Jew and still work for God full-time, that's NT. It's no more the exclusive preserve of the tribe of Levi or the house of Aaron. Today, Jesus still RECEIVETH tithes Hebrews 7v8.
"And here men that die receive tithes; [b]but there HE RECEIVETH THEM
, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth."[/b] (Hebrews 7:cool.

This is the GREATEST SHOCK OF MY LIFE. Seriously, Is this how you read INTO the word of God? Seriously! This is strange. THE WRITER OF HEBREWS WAS MAKING A COMPARISON AND USING MELCHIZEDEK WHO WAS A TYPE OF THE PRIESTHOOD OF JESUS. UP TO 14, THE WRITER IS STILL TALKING ABOUT MELCHIZEDEK IN VERSE 8. I URGE EVERYONE READING THIS ARTICLE TO READ FROM ALL AVAILABLE TRANSLATIONS OF THE BIBLE. VERSE 8 IS NOT TALKING ABOUT JESUS YET, IT WAS STILL COMPARISON OF LEVITICAL PREIESTHOOD AND THAT OF THE TITHE EVENT OF ABRAHAM. IF THE WRITER WAS TALKING ABOUT JESUS IN VERSE 8, THEN THIS WRITER WILL COME IN VERSE 13-14,
For the one of whom these things are spoken belonged to another tribe, from which no one has ever served at the altar. For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, and in connection with that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.

Goshen360:
QUESTION 5
(d) According to Hebrews 7 :13-14. Jesus arose from the tribe of Judah which makes it clear that even Jesus nor anyone from His tribe was not eligible to receive or collect tithes because He was not from the tribe of levi who were commanded to receive and pay tithe. DO YOU AGREE WITH THIS BIBLE TRUTH? if you don't agree with this bible truth, kindly state your reason(s)

AND HERE IS YOUR ANSWERS

Image123: 5d). Hebrews 7.8 clearly says that Jesus receives tithes and is eligible to. God is not a man, neither is He Moses. He receiveth continually and continuously, or as in soccer parlance `tithe4life`. Hebrews 7v13-14 say nothing about tithes. You can check all the versions and language bibles you can lay hands on. You're adding to the Word again, why?

I have responded to these in (c) above and your answers here is still claiming same thing. If Jesus received tithe and the same writer told us in verse 13-14 where i quoted above that Jesus is the one that is talked about AND HE AROSE FROM ANOTHER TRIBE THAT IS NOT COMMANDED TO RECEIVE TITHE. I THINK THE PEOPLE READING THIS THREAD SHOULD MOVE A MOTION FOR YOU AND I TO EXPAND IN DETAILS AND VERSE BY VERSE EXPLANATION OF THE BOOK OF HEBREWS 7. YOU ARE PURELY READING INTO THE WORD OF GOD. Very Simple!

Goshen360:
QUESTION 5
(e) As a PRECONDITION to the Levites accepting/inheriting the tithes, God EXCLUDED them from OWNING LAND in Israel because tithe is given to them as their inheritance. WHY IS "NOT OWNING LAND" NOT PRACTICED TO FULFILL THE CONDITIONS FOR RECEIVING TITHE OR WHY DO TITHE TEACHERS/PREACHERS OWN LAND/BUILD HOUSES YET STILL RECEIVE TITHE - Is this part of God's ordinance being practised in today's tithe doctrine?

AND HERE IS YOUR ANSWERS

Image123: 5e). God gave the Levites the tithe of israel FOR their service to God, not because He excluded them from owning land. Goshen!
i don't really get your 'exclusion from not owning land' bit. The Levites had CITIES to dwell in. They were to fully concentrate on God's service, and not to busy themselves with sowing and harvest like other tribes. That's the part/bit that i know. But and if you insist, we are new testament christians and not subject to 'do not own land' laws. Acts 4.36,37 Joses was a Levite and a new testament christian. He owned land and even sold it. There's no such condition of which you speak, at least not in the NT which i operate in. Be 'berean christians' guys, not just winners of points and arguments. Truth hurts less with time.

AND KUNLE JUST SHOWED YOU EVEN AS I WAS GOING TO SHOW YOU:

Pastor Kun:

I had wanted to restrain from commenting on Image's answer but I just have to make this one. God clearly stated in scriptures that the Levites were entitled to tithes becos they had no inheritance in the land and the scriptures below prove it.

Deuteronomy 14:27
27[b] And the Levite that is within thy gates, thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no portion nor inheritance with thee[/b].

Deuteronomy 12:12
12 And ye shall rejoice before Jehovah your God, ye, and your sons, and your daughters, and your men- servants, and your maid- servants, and the Levite that is within your gates, [b]forasmuch as he hath no portion nor inheritance with you.[\b]

Everyone knows that after God divided the land to all the tribes and ALSO GAVE THE LEVITES WHERE TO DWELL, they were further commanded NOT TO HAVE ANYTHING APART FROM THEIR PLACE OF DWELLING AND THEY ARE NO PERMITTED OR COMMANDED TO ANY INHERITANCE ASIDE WHAT THEY HAD BEING GIVEN TO DWELL. And according to you in Acts 4.36,37; Joses had land and THAT SHOULD MAKE IT CLEAR TO YOU THAT HE IS NOT PERMITTED TO RECEIVE TITHE AS NO RECORD SHOWS HE DID. This time of Acts you mentioned, it is very clear that as the levites are NOW violating the commandment to not owing a portion nor inheritance, there IS NO MORE ANYTHING LIKE TITHE FOR THEM if they are to go ahead and own portion and inheritance.

AT THIS POINT, I AWAIT YOU TO REBUT OR ANSWER TO MY OBSERVATIONS ABOVE. I ALSO AWAIT EVERYONE READING THIS THREAD TO MOVE A MOTION FOR YOU AND I TO EXPLAIN VERSE BY VERSE ON THE BOOK OF HEBREWS 7.

THANK YOU.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2012
Goshen, you don't understand that Hebrew passage. It's evident to me.
"And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all THE TENTH in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation." (Numbers 18:21).
This is clear and distinct enough to the unbiased reader. You bring up passages that don't even mention tithe and haul them at us. 'The world' is watching.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Zikkyy(m): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2012
Image123: 5c). Today, Jesus still RECEIVETH tithes Hebrews 7v8.
"And here men that die receive tithes; but there HE RECEIVETH THEM, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth." (Hebrews 7:cool.

Image123: 5d). Hebrews 7.8 clearly says that Jesus receives tithes and is eligible to. God is not a man, neither is He Moses. He receiveth continually and continuously, or as in soccer parlance `tithe4life`.

Haba prophetic-apostle Image123, how can you say a thing like this shocked you don fall my hand finally angry e be like the side-effect of that drug don dey kick in (the result of taking overdose to keep pace with Goshen grin)i don tell you say that drug dey make people to hallucinate sad you see the result naw angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply)

Pastor Jonathan David: 'Buhari Will Win Nigeria’s Presidential Election / Is It A Sin For Married Couples To Use Condoms? / Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.