Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ (12174 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? / What Will Happen To The Odometer Of A Vehicle If The Engine Is Replaced??? / The Implications Of Buying A Vehicle With High Odometer Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by malc619(m): 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2012
Make una tell d guy say if Road Safety Pple katch am with dis MOBILE MORTUARY, dem go use him nose take smell him yansh.........
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by PrinceDudu(m): 1:01pm On Apr 14, 2012
k10: naija babes no go enter oooo

Lol
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by slam7000(m): 1:04pm On Apr 14, 2012
Somebody should advice him not to take that car anywhere near northern nigeria or any boko haram territory...the tyres look like CRUSADE ARMOUR SHIELD...advice no be curse oo
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2012
quote from slam7000...

Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by slam7000(m): 2 minutes & 44 seconds
Somebody should advice him not to take that car anywhere near northern nigeria or any boko haram territory...the tyres look like CRUSADE ARMOUR SHIELD...advice no be curse oo
(Report Post) (Quote Post) Like

lol...I thought i looked more like biafra/massob red devil..only difference ... it wasnt conceived and manufactured in aba.
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by maclatunji: 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
I support the initiative.
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
malc619:
You be winsh?? You nor go try support d guy ministry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

O boy!!! Wetin be inventory Na invention. Go buy "Brighter Grammar" and "Michael West" Dictionary to Upgrade ur ministry. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

Laugh wan make my blokos explode grin grin grin

sometimes we have to see the funny side to everything in life... This guy has invented something good... I have an Idea, I wish I have the sponsorship to take it to the next level... I will.... But until then, I pray he finds a backer... I hope he never gives up on the dream... I like the car, I do like it.... we can develop him and the brand...
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by vitality22(m): 1:27pm On Apr 14, 2012
Sunday, i will encourage you to remain focused, the break-through will definitely come one day. YOU WILL GET THERE. I love to see things like this. Above all, i love to know brainy people like you. MORE STRENGTH TO YOUR ELBOW
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by love4ual: 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2012
very unfortunate that our government is not making this a headline........here in the states, this guy would have been big and added to the country..........nigeria is a mess and i maintain that.........
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2012
k10: naija babes no go enter oooo

Lmao grin grin . . . . .I wonder the kind of people that will buy this thing from him.
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by sandee575(f): 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2012
In as much as we would like to see innovation particularly in the technical aspects of our national and economic development, we cannot re-invent the wheel. That car looks to me a kit-car, one that is packaged in its various parts and sold to the buyer to put together. As such all parts have been manufactured and buyer is left to just assemble it as a hobby and car enthusiast. A builder of a car needs to be much more original than that. Of course he cannot manufacure all the parts but he needs to design and be in an overall command of goings-on like what engine to use. Similarly, you cant build a funny looking car body over a disused Toyota vehicle lower frame plus axle and claim to have built your own car, another likely possibility with Opere's so called Aso Rock or whats that name again?
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2012
Another Southerner. Northerners where una own invention dey na
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 14, 2012
sandee575: In as much as we would like to see innovation particularly in the technical aspects of our national and economic development, we cannot re-invent the wheel. That car looks to me a kit-car, one that is packaged and sold to the buyer to put together. As such all parts have been manufactured and buyer is left to assemble it as a hobby and car enthusiast. A builder of a car needs to be more original than that. Of course he cannot manufacure all the parts but he needs to design and be in an overall command of goings-on. Lets be more real and sincere with our capabilities.

invent your own na, he did that from the little components he can access so if you aint happy with it go build a better one.
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by chuqudy(m): 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2012
That is a true son of Igbo Land. Sunday for president 2015!
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by ekwynwa: 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Another Mobile coffin from our biafran folks.I hope afam will be able to afford this one since he cant afford a keke napep. grin grin

dry grass chewing goat,Okpere is a Benin name. swine,
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by ekwynwa: 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2012
chuqudy: That is a true son of Igbo Land. Sunday for president 2015!

the hardworking guy is from Benin.
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by ekwynwa: 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2012
gbosaa: quote from slam7000...

Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by slam7000(m): 2 minutes & 44 seconds
(Report Post) (Quote Post) Like

lol...I thought i looked more like biafra/massob red devil..only difference ... it wasnt conceived and manufactured in aba.

drooling dunce
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by makinde3: 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2012
The state and FG should support me
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by ziccoit: 2:44pm On Apr 14, 2012
Can Nigeria take off from the present stage of world technology development? The car looks like 1886 Benz product.
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by chuqudy(m): 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2012
ekwy nwa:

Benin is part of biafra.
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by ekwynwa: 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2012
chuqudy: Benin is part of biafra.

says who, do you want to force Biafra on them.
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by ekwynwa: 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2012
That is a good one; every good thing starts with a step, after all Rome was not built in a day. Some of these posters need to go back in time to see what the first cars looked like, am sure they will appreciate this young guy's effort and ingenuity after that peep at history.
I also believe this guy will go places if the right facility is in place.

Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by manny4life(m): 3:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
It's very unfortunate that most people lack the wisdom to positivity. A lot of you are asking for airbags and cruise control; prior to 15years ago, did you know what was airbags and cruise control? Today, modern cars are including it as basic features, yet, you compare it to what someone built all from scrap and call it mortuary on wheels? This man needs support of the Nigerian people to go place, it might be "mortuary on wheels" but it there's creativity. I've watched a lot of series, but having watched the SyFy series "Dream Machines", I now have a different perspective.

For me, I see a great potential here. I know people will laugh at me but honestly, if I had $5million, I will support this dude with the right resources. Assemble the right engineering and marketing dream team for him (just like the dream machines folks). From Graphic Artist/3D Engineers, to Mechanical/Electrical/structural and what have you. Let me know why he can't succeed if funding is provided to him.
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by ekwynwa: 3:16pm On Apr 14, 2012
another one

Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by ify4king(m): 4:12pm On Apr 14, 2012
slam7000: HAS IS IT GOT AIR BAG?
Is dis English or french?
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 14, 2012
ekwy nwa:

ekwy nwa: That is a good one; every good thing starts with a step, after all Rome was not built in a day. Some of these posters need to go back in time to see what the first cars looked like, am sure they will appreciate this young guy's effort and ingenuity after that peep at history.
I also believe this guy will go places if the right facility is in place.
ekwy nwa:

Imbec'ile. . . .this is 2012 not 1908.I can assume this mobile coffin is built for substandard biafrans.How does this qualifies as a car in the first instance ?
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by Okijajuju1(m): 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Imbec'ile. . . .this is 2012 not 1908.I can assume this mobile coffin is built for substandard biafrans.How does this qualifies as a car in the first instance ?

You know what, I am a realist and would agree with you that this vehicle is crap by mordern day standard.... BUT it beats the mobile battery powered time bomb built by that Yoruba Pastors school.. Convenant battery powered cemetery
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by ekwynwa: 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2012
~Bluetooth:

OLODO, what is substandard in that sample auto? The promising young man ingeniously built a prototype car in the absence of functional supporting machinery and you re here yearning dust about 2012/1908, re you that daft or acting out? Sunday is an untapped talent and am sure he will do wonders if a standard auto plant is in place
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by deolu2000(m): 5:08pm On Apr 14, 2012
I don't care if it's fibre or not,kudos to the young man in this time of corruption could think up something positive.*wink*
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by felifeli: 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2012
deleted
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by felifeli: 5:14pm On Apr 14, 2012
When I was less than 5 years old or before, I built toy car from empty cardboard boxes and empty milk tins (pangolo), sometimes I used bottle caps for wheels. Everybody used to enjoy seeing me pull those cars around vrooom.. vroom . sadly nobody has publicly exposed me yet on china website. Haba this is not fair
Re: Sunday Okpere Built A Vehicle Called ‘Rock Auto’ by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 14, 2012
ekwy nwa:

Okpere is not a bini name. It's an esan name.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Carburetor Works Within The Fuel System / Which One Is Faster Automatic Or Manual Gear Transmission? / Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.