Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget (672 Views)

Gov Polls: EFCC Arrests INEC Chiefs For Taking N675m In Bribes / Buhari May Sack Emefiele ‘Any Moment From Now’ - Ripples / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by Beaf: 9:47pm On Apr 13, 2012
[size=14pt]Jonathan may sack MDAs’ chiefs for distorting 2012 budget[/size]
By Agency Reporter

[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=EBELE_724603893.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]
President Jonathan President Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan said on Friday that he would sack all Heads of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) who lobbied the National Assembly to distort the 2012 budget.

The President stated this in his remarks shortly after signing the 2012 appropriation bill at the State House, Abuja.

Jonathan said the attitude of MDAs lobbying for increase of their budget by the National Assembly had been responsible for the difficulties in budget implementation.

He said that he already had security information on some heads of parastatal agencies who lobbied the National Assembly to increase the 2012 budget, adding that he would make scapegoats of them.

“One of the greatest problems I have noticed from the day I assumed office as a vice president in 2007 till date is that Federal Government budgets have not been based on proper planning. `

`In most cases, when the budget comes out from the Planning Ministry and Finance along the line, people distort the budget, especially some heads of MDAs go to lobby the National Assembly to put figures that are not based on planning.

“And that is why it has been very difficult for federal government to achieve targets.

``This year, we clearly frowned at it and I am going to use some heads of parastatals to show people our new direction. I got security reports – that some heads of MDAs came to lobby for their budgets to be increased; I will use some people as an example. I will ask them to leave because we cannot run a country without planning.

“We cannot run a budget that is not based on planning because these figures don't just come from the blues, people sat down and compute figures and see how it fits into fiscal responsibility and other issues.

``So we will not allow a situation where one person, because of personal interest will distort the budget of a nation,’’ the News Agency of Nigeria quoted the president as saying on Friday.

He pleaded with the National Assembly to always resist overtures from heads of MDAs to increase their budgets.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/43003-jonathan-may-sack-mdas%E2%80%99-chiefs-for-distorting-2012-budget.html
Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by ono(m): 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2012
Moving in the right direction..I'll wait to read about scapegoats in the news.
Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 14, 2012
ℓ̊ beg this gay should shut it. You de chop make others sidon de look because your name na Goodluck.
Re: Jonathan May Sack Mdas’ Chiefs For Distorting 2012 Budget by kokoA(m): 7:44am On Apr 14, 2012
This man is rilly working hard to win the title of "the must talkertive" president in the history of Nigeria. SMH.. One quick advice for oga jona.. ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN VOICE.. Mtcheeeew!

(1) (Reply)

Whose Side Is Formula 1? / Why Is Nigeria Not Moving Forward Since Jonathan Regime? / Oil Probe Scandal: Why I Am Not Interested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.