Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors (8215 Views)

Reps Summon DSS Boss, Daura, Over Ekiti Assembly Invasion / Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits / Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Did the US congress not invite Toyota over defects in its vehicle ? So whats the big deal about this since someone just have to be the complainant ?
ℓ̊ believe that happened because there was a defect in thousands of cars not a single incident of a power drunk customer.

1 Like

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by worldman(m): 10:51pm On Apr 15, 2012
All this our senators are expensive i d i o t instead of them to summon the use less security chiefs for the insecurity in the country they are busy doing some useless things
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 15, 2012
PrinceDudu:

Ma broda, Na wa O! Even pipo wey no get bicycle tyre sef dey vex say dem report d company.
I tire 4 som kain pipo o. Anyway dem no fit understand sha.

Most people here are very useless without meaningful contribute to add to any discussion.They are just bitter that the victim is a member of house of reps but what about the other Nigerians that have fallen victim of defective vehicles ? We all saw how Toyota was brought to its knee by US congress but nobody complained when american congress were putting a check on corporations and protecting consumer rights. . .when it comes to Nigeria,we here rubbish every now and then.Stu-pid people.

1 Like

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by olajide8(m): 10:54pm On Apr 15, 2012
doctokwus: I dnt understand d responses above.So d house shdnt av summoned d company or what.Who knows whc other buyer had bn affected by d faults in dat brand of car but cudnt get half of d responses& co operation dis man is getting.This is one case of using influence positively for d benefit of others,evn if it may av startd frm a selfish perspective
^ are they standards organisation that is supposed to fight for all and sundry or consumer protection council that's supposed to shut up their factory.
~Bluetooth:

Did the US congress not invite Toyota over defects in its vehicle ? So whats the big deal about this since someone just have to be the complainant ?
doctokwus: I dnt understand d responses above.So d house shdnt av summoned d company or what.Who knows whc other buyer had bn affected by d faults in dat brand of car but cudnt get half of d responses& co operation dis man is getting.This is one case of using influence positively for d benefit of others,evn if it may av startd frm a selfish perspective
^ are they standards organisation that is supposed to fight for all and sundry or consumer protection council that's supposed to shut up their factory.
My brother are you comparing nigeria with the U.S where some of the legislators go by public transport we have to look at the issues is it in public interest can this be proved to be public interest how many nigerians buy these so called cars have these cases been reported to SON and CPC and the legislations where inadequate to prosecute peoples complaints before they finally turn the National assembly into a circus
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by PHIPEX(m): 10:55pm On Apr 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Sir the report didn't say it was a general experience by Nigerians rather that the SINGULAR car he bought for HIS WIFE is faulty. If the company refuses to pay let him sue them, is he not learned?

1 Like

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by violent(m): 10:56pm On Apr 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Here's the Toyota case in the US

"There is widespread public concern regarding reports of sudden unintended acceleration in Toyota motor vehicles," wrote Towns, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, in the letter noting "growing public concern" about Toyota cars. "To help clarify this situation, I am inviting you to testify at a hearing of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform."

Here's our own case

"The House of Representatives at its sitting of Wednesday, 22nd February, 2012 received a petition from you against the managing director, Hyundai Motors Nig Ltd on alleged sale of defective Hyundai Jeep 1 x 35 Elegance GLS OL. To this effect you are invited to an investigative hearing on the matter”

Do you see any difference between the two?

How about we all form a single long line in front of the house of reps to report issues in our daily lives; starting from the yam seller who short changed my girlfriend....?

1 Like

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 15, 2012
olajide_07:
My brother are you comparing nigeria with the U.S where some of the legislators go by public transport we have to look at the issues is it in public interest can this be proved to be public interest how many nigerians buy these so called cars have these cases been reported to SON and CPC and the legislations where inadequate to prosecute peoples complaints before they finally turn the National assembly into a circus

I dont give a flying di-ck who the victim may be but there is absolutely nothing wrong if the house of reps put checks and balances on corporations ! Why is everybody not looking at the problem but attacking one useless lawmaker ?
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by kutchs: 10:58pm On Apr 15, 2012
The man is putting his position to good use for himself. Who wouldn‘t do likewise if in the man‘s position? We may accuse the man of selfishness and the house of dwelling on unimportant issues but truth is the hearing may indirectly save other Nigerians who may fall prey to sharp practices such as this.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 15, 2012
olajide_07:
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by violent(m): 11:00pm On Apr 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I dont give a flying di-ck who the victim may be but there is absolutely nothing wrong if the house of reps put checks and balances on corporations ! Why is everybody not looking at the problem but attacking one useless lawmaker ?

The house is being paid millions to address issues relating to public concerns....definitely not a place to settle personal scores.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2012
violent:

The house is being paid millions to address issues relating to public concerns....definitely not a place to settle personal scores.

Just because the victim is a member of the house of reps does not isolate hyundai of the defective/problems in its vehicle ? Why didnt you scream when senate summon British Airways and virgin Atlantic ? There is a problem and that problem must be address. . . .who it affected doesnt concern me !
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by qmd24(m): 11:10pm On Apr 15, 2012
i deylaugh in anger..[i][/i][b][/b][color=#006600][/color]
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 15, 2012
violent:

Here's the Toyota case in the US

"There is widespread public concern regarding reports of sudden unintended acceleration in Toyota motor vehicles," wrote Towns, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, in the letter noting "growing public concern" about Toyota cars. "To help clarify this situation, I am inviting you to testify at a hearing of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform."

Here's our own case

"The House of Representatives at its sitting of Wednesday, 22nd February, 2012 received a petition from you against the managing director, Hyundai Motors Nig Ltd on alleged sale of defective Hyundai Jeep 1 x 35 Elegance GLS OL. To this effect you are invited to an investigative hearing on the matter”

Do you see any difference between the two?

How about we all form a single long line in front of the house of reps to report issues in our daily lives; starting from the yam seller who short changed my girlfriend....?

So until Nigerians that use Hyundai SUVs come out to complain or people start dying,it's only then that the house of reps can come to the rescue ? shocked which kain logic/reasoning be this one ?
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by violent(m): 11:11pm On Apr 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Just because the victim is a member of the house of reps does not isolate hyundai of the defective problems in its vehicle ? Why did you scream when senate summon British Airways and virgin Atlantic ? There is a problem and that problem must be address. . . .who it affected doesnt concern me !

There's a court, i'm sure you may know that already!

Civil cases are handled by the courts....that's how it works for millions of Nigerians, why should the house of rep member be treated differently?

If an issue affects the Public, then the house has responsibility to act....but damn, this is an issue relating to one man who has refused to follow due process but would rather "show them who i am"....and you seriously don't see anything wrong in that?
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by violent(m): 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

So until Nigerians that use Hyundai SUVs come out to complain or people start dying,it's only then that the house of reps can come to the rescue ? shocked which kain logic/reasoning be this one ?

Which Kain reasoning is yours? How is this case of public interest? If 6 out of 7 new hyndai owners haven't experienced any problem with their cars, then common sense will normally dictate that the 7th guy experiencing problem is an exception and should deal with his problem in a civil manner following due process.

The House doesn't have to sit because of that.

In your Toyota example, did you actually read the part where "GROWING PUBLIC CONCERN"? was specifically noted

There are probably a thouasands of people having issues with one company product or the other....by your rather strange argument, you would have us believe it is perfectly fine if the house investigates each of those issues?....then what the fleeping fu[i]c[/i]k is the court for?
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2012
Abegi go siddon for gutter with your useless analysis besides most of you dont even own a car.why wont you open your mouth to say it doesnt concern the house of reps to summon hyundai ? I hope when you can afford a car of 4 million and same thing happens to you maybe you will understand better.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by PrinceDudu(m): 11:23pm On Apr 15, 2012
I bet a lot of guys here do not know that a committee on public petition exist. I just can't find myself disagreeing with what the lawmaker did cos if we are to look at the issue as one affecting a common man then you will find out that the company would get away with it. The lawmaker used the means that is most resourceful at his disposal to achieve what would at the longrun help ordinary citizens.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by olajide8(m): 11:26pm On Apr 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

^ you should give a d***, because of tomorrow it may be you directly or indirectly, and you may not get any body to fight for you, except you are a law maker, their are statutory laws which empower agencies and parastals to do this function on behalf of all of us, and they (NASS) are to enact laws, re-view enacted laws to suit the purpose of the day (all of us), can you prove beyond doubt that all of these agencies where consulted before taking it to the house, is it a public interest case, and how can it be measured to be in the interest of the public now what this stup.id.ity implies is if they buy socket and it burns off because of the substandard"ness" it would be debated but if you buy because you are not a member no one gives a d**k about your lost money and no one will fight or protect your interest - my submission SON should be called and CPC should be called to give reason why they are not working, and if a law needs to be enacted then the hyundai should be called to a public hearing and not debated on the floor of the national assembly
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by cardoctor(m): 11:28pm On Apr 15, 2012
Hmmmmm......very funny indeed. Please send the car to us we would definitely fix it for Hyundai. No joke cool
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 15, 2012
PrinceDudu: I bet a lot of guys here do not know that a committee on public petition exist. I just can't find myself disagreeing with what the lawmaker did cos if we are to look at the issue as one affecting a common man then you will find out that the company would get away with it. The lawmaker used the means that is most resourceful at his disposal to achieve what would at the longrun help ordinary citizens.

Trust gullible Nigerians who wont want to look at the real issue but will rather attack personality cuz they believe he's part of the reason for their miserable lives.Who knows how of these defective SUVs are out there and will be possibly bought by helpless Nigerians who will only end up repairing such vehicle after purchase.Hyundai should be held responsible for any factory defects in its vehicle irrespective of who the buyer is ! It may oneday be you who is against the summon by house of reps today !
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by OAM4J: 11:29pm On Apr 15, 2012
Can somebody advice me on how to get the house sit over the dispute between me and my girlfriend.

3 Likes

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Check yourself, you are not normal. Something is wrong somewhere. Statement of fact is not an insult, in this case its more of sympathy and hope for the future.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2012
olajide_07:
^ you should give a d***, because of tomorrow it may be you directly or indirectly, and you may not get any body to fight for you, except you are a law maker, their are statutory laws which empower agencies and parastals to do this function on behalf of all of us, and they (NASS) are to enact laws, re-view enacted laws to suit the purpose of the day (all of us), can you prove beyond doubt that all of these agencies where consulted before taking it to the house, is it a public interest case, and how can it be measured to be in the interest of the public now what this stup.id.ity implies is if they buy socket and it burns off because of the substandard"ness" it would be debated but if you buy because you are not a member no one gives a d**k about your lost money and no one will fight or protect your interest - my submission SON should be called and CPC should be called to give reason why they are not working, and if a law needs to be enacted then the hyundai should be called to a public hearing and not debated on the floor of the national assembly

As an individual,are you saying I cant send a petition to the house of reps ? What if this vehicle belongs to me and i decided to petition the national assembly,will you still make this kind of nonsensical comments ? Yet most of you will claim to be Phd holders ? shocked nawao
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by ektbear: 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2012
OAM4J: Can somebody advice me on how to get the house sit over the dispute between me and my girlfriend.

abi o, lol
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 15, 2012
blink182: Check yourself, you are not normal. Something is wrong somewhere. Statement of fact is not an insult, in this case its more of sympathy and hope for the future.

so you over-normal sha,why didnt you attack the senate when they summon BA and virgin atlantic ?
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by violent(m): 11:37pm On Apr 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

so you over-normal sha,why didnt you attack the senate when they summon BA and virgin atlantic ?

I bet they summoned both companies because a passenger's lunch came too late.

chei!...i said it already, the House of Rep members themselves aren't the idiots, the voters are!

1 Like

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 15, 2012
If you have any beef with the house of reps,na you know but on this,I stand by them.If you dont like,fall and die.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by olajide8(m): 11:43pm On Apr 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

As an individual,are you saying I cant send a petition to the house of reps ? What if this vehicle belongs to me and i decided to petition the national assembly,will you still make this kind of nonsensical comments ? Yet most of you will claim to be Phd holders ? shocked nawao
They wouldn't even listen to you because they would classify as a private bill which would need nothing short of 100 signatures appended to it for it to even get to the committee, and that committee would first ask you to go and see the D.G of SON try it I am speaking from experience.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by violent(m): 11:44pm On Apr 15, 2012
Chei!...my computer is broken embarassed, time to petition the house. This is ridiculous and I'm very upset, hopefully someone at Apple will be called to explain why one of their several thousand products failed.

Whoever embezzled the funds that were meant to have been used to better equip the education sector in Nigeria should be tied to a stake and shot.

and while typing this, my watch has just stopped working....that makes for the second petition!

2 Likes

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by PrinceDudu(m): 11:45pm On Apr 15, 2012
olajide_07:

Oga, if I have the slightest notion about you it definitely will be of one who would let all hell lose on that organization for even letting you use the car for 1 month driving from Oshodi to VI not to mention 5 months and traveling with it. It wasn't a debate but a petition. get it.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 15, 2012
olajide_07:
They wouldn't even listen to you because they would classify as a private bill which would need noth short of 100 signatures appended to it for it to even get to the committee that would first ask you to go and see the D.G of SON try it I am speaking from experience.

If SON is functioning,will this problem have happened in the first instance ? SON ought to ensure highest standard of maufacturing companies not to complain afterwards to them.They should be proactive ! Thank you for acknowledging that I can send a petition to the house of reps as a citizen of Nigeria !
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by violent(m): 11:49pm On Apr 15, 2012
PrinceDudu:

Oga, if I have the slightest notion about you it definitely will be of one who would let all hell lose on that organization for even letting you use the car for 1 month driving from Oshodi to VI not to mention 5 months and traveling with it. It wasn't a debate but a petition. get it.

In most sane places, a petition to the committee on public petition will normally require a minimum number of signatures before the house can consider it of public interest. In the UK, you will normally need close to a hundred thousand signatures.

You all can't just pick up your pens and write petitions on the slightest issues you have and then expect the house to convene and deliberate on that....that's what your village King is being paid to handle.

You should stop uttering disgraceful rubbish!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia APC Congress: Ogah To Ikechi Emenike You Are A 'Mischief Maker-in-chief' / PDP, LP Ask Questions On Tinubu’s Private Visit To France / Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.