Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President (935 Views)

Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 / Yale Honours Okonjo-iweala For Fighting Corruption, Fiscal Transparency / IMF Lauds Sanusi, Okonjo-iweala For Strength Of Nigeria’s Economy In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by koruji(m): 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2012
I just watched a couple of Mrs. Okonjoiweala's media interview on her contest to be the WB President http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=business/2012/03/28/qmb-intv-nigerian-finance-min-wants-to-lead-world-bank.cnn. I am still unhappy at her about the subsidy-removal saga - but that is the kind of the thing the WB does, so she fits perfectly as their president. More importantly, I support her WB presidency because:

1. It projects a different and great image for Nigeria that can help in a little (and I emphasize only a little) way with the bad reputation that successive governments have created for her.
2. She projects a different image for African women. Note my caveat below, but if there is one thing the rest of Nigeria can learn from Igbos, it is the "substantial" liberalization of their women.
3. She has what it takes to navigate the deep waters by which the West "rules" the world. Her respones to tricky "media" questions shows that clearly.

I hope that if she gets the position, she will tone down the unworkable "market" policies often mouthed as the solution to African problems - e.g. the recent subsidy-removal fiasco.

Going by the Willy-Willys of NL, I might live to regret this, because as sure as there is day and night if she wins they will come here to trumpet "Igbo" superiority over all tribes of Nigeria and the world. But who gives an F.

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by 5hamkhan(m): 4:38pm On Apr 15, 2012
u rock bro, such a brief detail
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by wesley80(m): 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2012
koruji:
I hope that if she gets the position, she will tone down the unworkable "market" policies often mouthed as the solution to African problems - e.g. the recent subsidy-removal fiasco.

No she won't tone down on those policies and u really shouldn't expect her to. What u call the "unworkable market policies" remain the key economic policy thrust the Bretton woods institutions have to offer developing countries and an Iweala presidency won't change it and even if she could, she wont. Her economic leanings are no secret and I assure u that her name would never have been considered if she'd so much as evinced those traits of challenging the status quo. The reason she actually has got more support than any other candidate is because her leanings are clear cut and she has never wavered in her economic ideology regardless of the institution she's been called to serve. Just do a study of the Two big financial news orgz. that have championed her campaign (FT & The Economist) and you'd realize these are hardcore pro Western capitalist organizations that have NEVER seen any reason to tone down the form of aggressive pro West economic policies these institutions offer developing economies. They ceaselessly preach free mkt and abhor any form of protectionism even when mkt are unfavorably skewed in favor of the West. Iweala is actually a surer bet for developed economies than Kim hence her widespread support.
Do I support her? Absolutely and mostly for the reasons u cited earlier and I wish her all the best but I'm certainly under no illusions, Hell no!
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by koruji(m): 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2012
I am with you on her ideologies, and is the same reason why I think she fits perfectly up there.

Perhaps President GEJ will put someone with a more balanced view than her in the Finance Minister chair after that. That way Nigeria can take advantage of the two complementarities.

wesley80:
No she won't tone down on those policies and u really shouldn't expect her to. What u call the "unworkable market policies" remain the key economic policy thrust the Bretton woods institutions have to offer developing countries and an Iweala presidency won't change it and even if she could, she wont. Her economic leanings are no secret and I assure u that her name would never have been considered if she'd so much as evinced those traits of challenging the status quo. The reason she actually has got more support than any other candidate is because her leanings are clear cut and she has never wavered in her economic ideology regardless of the institution she's been called to serve. Just do a study of the Two big financial news orgz. that have championed her campaign (FT & The Economist) and you'd realize these are hardcore pro Western capitalist organizations that have NEVER seen any reason to tone down the form of aggressive pro West economic policies these institutions offer developing economies. They ceaselessly preach free mkt and abhor any form of protectionism even when mkt are unfavorably skewed in favor of the West. Iweala is actually a surer bet for developed economies than Kim hence her widespread support.
Do I support her? Absolutely and mostly for the reasons u cited earlier and I wish her all the best but I'm certainly under no illusions, Hell no!
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by cap28: 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2012
koruji: I just watched a couple of Mrs. Okonjoiweala's media interview on her contest to be the WB President http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=business/2012/03/28/qmb-intv-nigerian-finance-min-wants-to-lead-world-bank.cnn. I am still unhappy at her about the subsidy-removal saga - but that is the kind of the thing the WB does, so she fits perfectly as their president. More importantly, I support her WB presidency because:

1. It projects a different and great image for Nigeria that can help in a little (and I emphasize only a little) way with the bad reputation that successive governments have created for her.
2. She projects a different image for African women. Note my caveat below, but if there is one thing the rest of Nigeria can learn from Igbos, it is the "substantial" liberalization of their women.
3. She has what it takes to navigate the deep waters by which the West "rules" the world. Her respones to tricky "media" questions shows that clearly.

Going by the Willy-Willys of NL, I might live to regret this, because as sure as there is day and night if she wins they will come here to trumpet "Igbo" superiority over all tribes of Nigeria and the world. But who gives an F.

This is why I say nigerians r the most ignornt set of human beings on the planet - r u aware of the kind of human suffering and misery this organisation has wreaked in the third world? Do u see mass unemploymnt, poverty,destitution and genocide as achvmnts becos all of these r the end results of countries who hve signed up to the genocidal econ policies of the world bank,by supprtng this world bank puppets bid for the presidency of this demonic institution u r endorsing the genocidal neo liberal policies tht she0 is currntly implementng in nigeria undr instrcns frm her masters in washingtn cnt u pple undrstnd tht this organistn is sentencing u and future generations to endless poverty and near starvatio?
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by wesley80(m): 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2012
^^ Iweala goes out, Ezekwesili becomes the hands on favoorite to come in. The latters leanings are not as clear cut as Iwealas but I do not expect any radical change and also do not think the occupier of the position would really matter as the nations economic policies have already been designed in favour of free markets and would require serious re-engineering by someone with not only the unflinching desire but completely deaf also as any such move wld be met by a barrage of criticisms locally and internationally. The only person I can see achieving that wld have to be someone with a good enough international repute that can look straight into the eyes of the IMF chiefs and tell them to get lost and widespread local support across all zones to withstand the inevitable local criticisms but unfortunately I can't think of anyone that fits. Ezekwesili wouldav been perfect but an ex IMF chief isn't my idea of "radical change".
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by cap28: 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2012
wesley80: ^^ Iweala goes out, Ezekwesili becomes the hands on favoorite to come in. The latters leanings are not as clear cut as Iwealas but I do not expect any radical change and also do not think the occupier of the position would really matter as the nations economic policies have already been designed in favour of free markets and would require serious re-engineering by someone with not only the unflinching desire but completely deaf also as any such move wld be met by a barrage of criticisms locally and internationally. The only person I can see achieving that wld have to be someone with a good enough international repute that can look straight into the eyes of the IMF chiefs and tell them to get lost and widespread local support across all zones to withstand the inevitable local criticisms but unfortunately I can't think of anyone that fits. Ezekwesili wouldav been perfect but an ex IMF chief isn't my idea of "radical change".

Any one who succeeds okonjo iweala would hve been screened by the us and britain first okonjo iweala was appointed to the postn of finance minister by the us govt not by goodluck jonathan , the nigerian govt has no say in nigeria`s econmc policy it jst implements instrctnss
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by wesley80(m): 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2012
cap28:

Any one who succeeds okonjo iweala would hve been screened by the us and britain first okonjo iweala was appointed to the postn of finance minister by the us govt not by goodluck jonathan , the nigerian govt has no say in nigeria`s econmc policy it jst implements instrctnss

To think I actually thot there was a moratorium on getting high on sundays!
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by cap28: 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2012
wesley80:

To think I actually thot there was a moratorium on getting high on sundays!
oh didn't uknw tht the imf and the world bank both cnrlld by the us govt now own nigeria lock stock and barrel -this is why the west love afrcns we`re so easy to fool
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by igbo2011(m): 11:27pm On Apr 15, 2012
@OP
I am Igbo and I do NOT support her. I rather have the American win because if she wins she will give us Africans hope but she will NOT serve our interest. America is on the decline and wants to keep it's power. The developed countries fund the World Bank so it serves their interest. She is going to be a puppet who will serve America. This will destroy Africa and make us Africans even poorer. The west needs cheap resources to fuel their factories and refineries. They will not let an African serve Africa's interest. She will serve America.

Obama is half Kenyan but he had the war in Libya which is step one on the recolonization of Africa. He wants to expand AFRICOM. He sent "advisors" to Uganda. He overthrew Gbagbo. He supports an illegal president Joseph Kabila. He does NOT serve Africa.

The head of the International criminal court is from Gambia but all the people in the ICC are African. Kofi Annan did a peace agreement for Syria, why didn't he do one for Libya? WAKE UP!!!! All these Africans in high places are HOUSE NEGROES who serve their master. They let a couple go up the ladder to give everyone hope but those house negros are keeping Africa down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-a6EzIpwJI&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dhouse%2Bnegro%26oq%3Dhouse%2Bnegro%26aq%3Df%26aqi%3D%26aql%3D%26gs_nf%3D1%26gs_l%3Dyoutube.3...17485.18879.0.19872.11.9.0.0.0.0.143.771.6j3.9.0.

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by koruji(m): 12:18am On Apr 16, 2012
Did you miss my first statement about her role in the subsidy saga?

I am well aware of the damaging influence of the WB, but. . . But the WB influence is made possible by leaders who, behaving like there is nothing between their ears, go cap in hand to ask the WB what to do about their economies. I don't like the way the WB administers its grants - but we can use those grants, if we only know what to obtain it for and how to manage it properly. As it stands now, there is a small elite (made up of classmates from prestigious "capitalist" American universities e.g. MIT) within each nation cornering the grants that come down from the WB. There is a good size of WB made millionaires in these countries. In turn, they give the WB elite the free hand to dictate policies to them, which they go around implementing like slaves.

Great example is the recent subsidy saga and the statement by President GEJ that he was going to invite WB staff into Aso Rock to vet national projects!!!!! To distort Shakespeare: "The fault, dear cap28 is not with the WB, it is in ourselves". grin grin

It is perhaps another reason, though less noble, to support Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala. It gets her out of the Finance Minister's seat. Let's get somebody who is less tied to unfettered and dangerous market policies in the seat, and let the WB have their former MD back as president. The WB is not about to change its policy outlook. If the other candidate is imposed on their system, he is likely to be frustrated out in a couple of years - unless his backers are prepared to take on the entrenched/career WB elite that really run things.

cap28:
This is why I say nigerians r the most ignornt set of human beings on the planet - r u aware of the kind of human suffering and misery this organisation has wreaked in the third world? Do u see mass unemploymnt, poverty,destitution and genocide as achvmnts becos all of these r the end results of countries who hve signed up to the genocidal econ policies of the world bank,by supprtng this world bank puppets bid for the presidency of this demonic institution u r endorsing the genocidal neo liberal policies tht she0 is currntly implementng in nigeria undr instrcns frm her masters in washingtn cnt u pple undrstnd tht this organistn is sentencing u and future generations to endless poverty and near starvatio?
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by koruji(m): 12:52am On Apr 16, 2012
It is easy to categorize, but can you honestly say that Ghaddafi did not deserve what he got? As for Syria, it was bad calculation for the rebels. Obama is not going to go to another war this close to the elections. Wait till Nov. 5 2012 then they will all hear wen from Iran to Syria!!!

Gbagbo lost an election, refused to quit and then started killing his own people - removing him was the best thing that happened to Ivory Coast, he had no legitimate claim to the seat. Do you know how long the LRA have being terrorizing Uganda? What is wrong in Obama, an African descent president of the most powerful nation in the world, using some of his powers to help find and eliminate this nightmare. I don't know what you mean by he supports Kabilla - did Kabilla not win a legitimate election - probably freer than President GEJ's election. Obama was a strong supporter of President GEJ too, until the latter showed he was all hat (no pun intended) and no cattle.

It is not always an US-AGAINST-THEM world, but a matter of finding the middle road - a no small feat. However, it is the height of fallacy to think that the "American" is the one that will give us hope - they can help, but they can never be the source of fundamental change that we need. Also, this flies completely in the face of your almost complete condemnation of Obama's intervention in Africa - do you not see it? At the end of all that rejection, you now hope that Obama's nominee would win because he will give African's hope!!!!

igbo2011: @OP
I am Igbo and I do NOT support her. I rather have the American win because if she wins she will give us Africans hope but she will NOT serve our interest. America is on the decline and wants to keep it's power. The developed countries fund the World Bank so it serves their interest. She is going to be a puppet who will serve America. This will destroy Africa and make us Africans even poorer. The west needs cheap resources to fuel their factories and refineries. They will not let an African serve Africa's interest. She will serve America.

Obama is half Kenyan but he had the war in Libya which is step one on the recolonization of Africa. He wants to expand AFRICOM. He sent "advisors" to Uganda. He overthrew Gbagbo. He supports an illegal president Joseph Kabila. He does NOT serve Africa.

The head of the International criminal court is from Gambia but all the people in the ICC are African. Kofi Annan did a peace agreement for Syria, why didn't he do one for Libya? WAKE UP!!!! All these Africans in high places are HOUSE NEGROES who serve their master. They let a couple go up the ladder to give everyone hope but those house negros are keeping Africa down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-a6EzIpwJI&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dhouse%2Bnegro%26oq%3Dhouse%2Bnegro%26aq%3Df%26aqi%3D%26aql%3D%26gs_nf%3D1%26gs_l%3Dyoutube.3...17485.18879.0.19872.11.9.0.0.0.0.143.771.6j3.9.0.
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by igbo2011(m): 1:56am On Apr 16, 2012
koruji: It is easy to categorize, but can you honestly say that Ghaddafi did not deserve what he got? As for Syria, it was bad calculation for the rebels. Obama is not going to go to another war this close to the elections. Wait till Nov. 5 2012 then they will all hear wen from Iran to Syria!!!

Gbagbo lost an election, refused to quit and then started killing his own people - removing him was the best thing that happened to Ivory Coast, he had no legitimate claim to the seat. Do you know how long the LRA have being terrorizing Uganda? What is wrong in Obama, an African descent president of the most powerful nation in the world, using some of his powers to help find and eliminate this nightmare. I don't know what you mean by he supports Kabilla - did Kabilla not win a legitimate election - probably freer than President GEJ's election. Obama was a strong supporter of President GEJ too, until the latter showed he was all hat (no pun intended) and no cattle.

It is not always an US-AGAINST-THEM world, but a matter of finding the middle road - a no small feat. However, it is the height of fallacy to think that the "American" is the one that will give us hope - they can help, but they can never be the source of fundamental change that we need. Also, this flies completely in the face of your almost complete condemnation of Obama's intervention in Africa - do you not see it? At the end of all that rejection, you now hope that Obama's nominee would win because he will give African's hope!!!!

Where do you get your sources from BBC, CNN, FOX?? That is BULLL!!! Ghadaffi was trying to liberate Africa from neocolonialism,. He wanted to make the African monetary fund, African central bank, African currency and have a common African language. He also wanted to trade oil for the African dinar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuqZfaj34nc

Kabila CHEATED and everyone knows it even America. But since he is pro America they support him: http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=8076

Gbagbo won the elections truely but Outtara is a PUPPET who serves America and France. He used to work in the IMF.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdeyg2vXyoM
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by koruji(m): 2:14am On Apr 16, 2012
Why are you so self-contradictory? You don't like BBC, CNN etc for news, but YouTube is your source?

I know a method for creating oil from water. You can find it on YouTube - any TDH can post video to YouTube!!!

Yeah, Ghaddafi was liberating Libya for 42 years with his warped mind - don't get me wrong, he was a revolutionary much hailed in his heydays, but in his latter years he went mad. Leave it to Africa to think a man with a country of 5 million & $150 billion in foreign reserves is what will make the continent an ElDorado. What does Libya make other than the oil they take from God's good earth?

Mugabe is another one, who did well for his country during the war of liberation, but now is just sleeping and having his diapers changed yet will not leave the seat for someone else.

Kabilla cheated, and so did GEJ with is 99% vote "allocations" - he should be challenged according to the law.

Gbagbo did not win the election - even he did not claim that. His real claim was that many of those who voted were not Ivorians - so when he did the math on the back of his envelope he could throw away 2 million or so votes. The problem: he should have dealt with that before the elections not, after the loss.

igbo2011:
Where do you get your sources from BBC, CNN, FOX?? That is BULLL!!! Ghadaffi was trying to liberate Africa from neocolonialism,. He wanted to make the African monetary fund, African central bank, African currency and have a common African language. He also wanted to trade oil for the African dinar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuqZfaj34nc

Kabila CHEATED and everyone knows it even America. But since he is pro America they support him: http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=8076

Gbagbo won the elections truely but Outtara is a PUPPET who serves America and France. He used to work in the IMF.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdeyg2vXyoM

Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by igbo2011(m): 9:06am On Apr 16, 2012
koruji: Why are you so self-contradictory? You don't like BBC, CNN etc for news, but YouTube is your source?

I know a method for creating oil from water. You can find it on YouTube - any TDH can post video to YouTube!!!

Yeah, Ghaddafi was liberating Libya for 42 years with his warped mind - don't get me wrong, he was a revolutionary much hailed in his heydays, but in his latter years he went mad. Leave it to Africa to think a man with a country of 5 million & $150 billion in foreign reserves is what will make the continent an ElDorado. What does Libya make other than the oil they take from God's good earth?

Mugabe is another one, who did well for his country during the war of liberation, but now is just sleeping and having his diapers changed yet will not leave the seat for someone else.

Kabilla cheated, and so did GEJ with is 99% vote "allocations" - he should be challenged according to the law.

Gbagbo did not win the election - even he did not claim that. His real claim was that many of those who voted were not Ivorians - so when he did the math on the back of his envelope he could throw away 2 million or so votes. The problem: he should have dealt with that before the elections not, after the loss.

Yes GEJ and Kabila cheated. But Ghaddaffi wasn't mad. He wanted to have an African Monetary FUnd and in december 2010 Europe was rejected from funding the AMF and then 3 months later war on Libya. Is that a coincidence?
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article27936.htm
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by cap28: 9:23am On Apr 16, 2012
koruji: Did you miss my first statement about her role in the subsidy saga?

I am well aware of the damaging influence of the WB, but. . . But the WB influence is made possible by leaders who, behaving like there is nothing between their ears, go cap in hand to ask the WB what to do about their economies. I don't like the way the WB administers its grants - but we can use those grants, if we only know what to obtain it for and how to manage it properly. As it stands now, there is a small elite (made up of classmates from prestigious "capitalist" American universities e.g. MIT) within each nation cornering the grants that come down from the WB. There is a good size of WB made millionaires in these countries. In turn, they give the WB elite the free hand to dictate policies to them, which they go around implementing like slaves.

Great example is the recent subsidy saga and the statement by President GEJ that he was going to invite WB staff into Aso Rock to vet national projects!!!!! To distort Shakespeare: "The fault, dear cap28 is not with the WB, it is in ourselves". grin grin

It is perhaps another reason, though less noble, to support Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala. It gets her out of the Finance Minister's seat. Let's get somebody who is less tied to unfettered and dangerous market policies in the seat, and let the WB have their former MD back as president. The WB is not about to change its policy outlook. If the other candidate is imposed on their system, he is likely to be frustrated out in a couple of years - unless his backers are prepared to take on the entrenched/career WB elite that really run things.

I am afraid u hve no undrstndg as to hw nigeria and many othr afrn countries gt entangld wth the imf/world bank. First of all one of the reasns tht nigeria ended up in debt was because we relied on bad econ advice frm these same intrntnl banks tht r callng for their pound of flesh,at the height of the oil boom they encrgd us to borrow frm them and use the money to import more of their prodcts,this wasn't an issue at tht time because oil prices were high and the intrest rates were low,evrythg went pear shaped hwvr wen the price of oil fell mkg it vry diffclt for us to keep up wth debt repaymnts,as if tht wasn't bad enough these same westrn bnks hiked up their intrst rates to such a lvl tht it bcame impossbl for us to keep up the repaymnts ,this is where the imf/wrld bank stepped in and said ok we`ll loan u money to clear y0ur debts if u hand ovr full econ cntrl of ur ecnmy to us -we will devalue ur currncy,cut spendng on eductn,healthcare and use the recoupd savngs to pay off the debt u owe our banks, and we said we r more thn hppy aftr all we wnt be affectd by the mass poverty tht will ensue frm this. And tht in a nutshell hw we gt into this mess, and bfore u tell me tht we didn't hve to accpt the offer frm the imf,I cn tell tht in 1984 buhari tld the imf to eff off ,his ecnmc team advsd hm against tkg on imf because they were. Well aware of the implictns,bt guess. Wht he was overthrwn by the cia and replcd wth drug baron ibb who is a cia asset and thhe rest as they is history, u pple dnt evn undrstnd jst hw deadly the us and european gvts are,if u dnt tow the line u end up hvng ur cntry reduced to ashes(libya,iraq) invaded (ivory coast)or turned into a permanent warzone(somalia)
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 16, 2012
Is it only me or has anyone else realize that lesser intelligent minds are best in raining abuse on others on NL ?
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by cap28: 9:51am On Apr 16, 2012
LeoMax: Is it only me or has anyone else realize that lesser intelligent minds are best in raining abuse on others on NL ?
Is tht the only cntrbtn ur intelligent mind cn mke to this topic? Way out of ur depth aren't u?
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by wesley80(m): 10:03am On Apr 16, 2012
^^ LMAO
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by wesley80(m): 10:18am On Apr 16, 2012
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by wesley80(m): 10:19am On Apr 16, 2012
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by wesley80(m): 10:54am On Apr 16, 2012
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by cap28: 11:00am On Apr 16, 2012
Koruji u need to listen to igbo2o11 and stop wtchg cnn fox and bbc because they r neo colonial moutpieces.by the way igbo I luv tht malcolm x clip u posted as u cn see we r stil surrounded by house negroes tday.they r all in postns of powr and hve handed afrca on a plate to europe and america,qadaffi was our only hope and therefor he had to be eliminated, koruji said he was mental bt I wld like to ask him hw a mental case achvd a literacy level of almst 1oo% ,zero homelessness,zero indebtedness to any intrntl bank,no 52 on the un human devt index above saudi arabia,czech republic and many european cntries, highest std of livng in afrca above sout afrca,subsidised healthcare ,free eductn up to univ lvl -the list goes on. Whereas sane nigerian leadrs hve succeeded in reducng their citizns to some of the poorest in the wrld -by the way koruji info on youtube is one hundrd percnt more accurate thn the propaganda ftm the westrn corporate media who are ownd by huge corporations tht finance the election campaigns of western politicians -they hve a vested intrst in lyng to u,independnt journalists use youtube because it is no where near as censored as the westrn corporate media
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by cap28: 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2012
Just to add to koruji's statemnt abt gbagbo and mugabe. France invaded ivory coast nt becos gbagbo refsd to leave powr bt because he was threatening france's cntrl ovr ivory coasts currency and natural resources, former french presdnt francois mitterand said without the parisitic relatnshp btwn parasite france and host frankofone cntries france`s ecnmy wld collapse,gbagbo was abt to put a stop to this and his plan was to sign up to the new afrcn centrl bank tht qadaffi was abt to launch wch wld hve enabed frncofone and othr afrn countries borrow loans at vlow interest rates thereby puttng the imf and world bank out of busness permanently in afrca-this is0 why qadaffi is dead and gbagbo is stndg trial in tht kangaroo crt icc tht only tries non whites bt allows biggr crmnls like bush cheney and blair to gt away literally wth mass murder. If america is against mugabe cos of his long tenure in office ,why r they still arming an d fundng museveni of uganda? How abt the late omar bongo who spent42 yrs in office bckd byy france? Wht abt biya of cameroun and campaore (murdrer of sankara)?
Re: Why I Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank President by koruji(m): 12:23am On Apr 17, 2012
So Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala lost. I guess my endorsement counts for "shiit" grin grin grin

He who pays the piper dictates the tune. America owns the WB and is not about to appoint someone else to manage her business.

At least I got to know the views of a couple of folks on here - and I must say it is bordering on reading too much conspiracy theory, but hey it is their opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Park And Pay Policy In Abuja / / Which System Of Goverment Should Nigeria Practice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.