Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Abu Strike: Share Your View - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abu Strike: Share Your View (1035 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Your View On Suspension Of University Part - Time Programmes / Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abu Strike: Share Your View by md4real(m): 4:44pm On Nov 06, 2007
Abusites please share your view on the on- going strike.
i believe the whole issue is been politicised. what do you think?
Re: Abu Strike: Share Your View by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 07, 2007
it beats my imagination
Re: Abu Strike: Share Your View by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2007
From the looks of things the srtike as many faces but not politically inclined or religious masterminded.it all depend on what perspective and angle you are looking at it from.the whole issue is on the obnixious and outragous increament in the fees but that does not give the students an avenue to destroy many destroyed properties.also that does not justify the management to obnixiously increase fees.By and large ,the two forces-the management and the studnts should come to the round table to iron things out .though there is a development that the whole crises was caused or perpetuated by southern to which i dont agree.see u soon
Re: Abu Strike: Share Your View by md4real(m): 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2007
pointing accusing fingers to the southern student are parts of the politics i am talking about. how can there be an S.U.G presdential release of the increased school fees, yet, the management is denying that fact. i learned that the school will resume january while some said it march. too bad!
Re: Abu Strike: Share Your View by olujideo(m): 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2007
Thanks for this page, I really don't know the way forward. I just have to pray to GOD, this is not excluding anyone. I quiet agree with the word POLITICAL; and that is what it is. Incase if there any new development, kindly get intouch on xtremistnoble_timi@yahoo.com.
Re: Abu Strike: Share Your View by babyossy(m): 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2007
It is very absursd and unpalatable to behold a school hold in high esteem among its equals engage in such shamefull scandal as to the unethical and uncultured behaviour of its students.However,the deed has been done and the die cast;i enjoin the school management to resolve whatever conflict there be and recall the system.
We are more or less concern with whatever transpire between students and there academic gods,all we solicit is the quick resumption of academic session.Necessary recomendations and amendments be made with immediate effect.In doing so no religious and socio-political sentiments be put aside.To this end,i wish to state that a stich in time saves nine.

i
Re: Abu Strike: Share Your View by lukrauf(m): 11:53am On Nov 13, 2007
I Think the word "strike" is not approprate to use in this situation. it is no strike-just closure of the sch. ya, the two forces are both at fault. but the management should consider that it is just a very little bit of the students that participated on the distruction-maybe 0.1%. So the mgt should not hold the remaining 99.99% to ransome and tie down their future.
Re: Abu Strike: Share Your View by md4real(m): 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2007
some few days ago, the dean student affairs testify. you guys just have to see his trestimony. can you believe that the man was lying without shame! he claimed that the student shot by the police were shot by thier fellow student. can you imagine that. the whole issue is taking another dimension.
Re: Abu Strike: Share Your View by Edenceres: 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2007
the whole thing is not political. students finally gave in to their frustration over the managements continuing trampling of our rights over a long period of time. this was the straw that broke the camels back, and sug let us down. anyway, i hope the whole thing is resolved so we can hurry up and leave that god forsaken dump called abu.
Re: Abu Strike: Share Your View by Seun(m): 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2007
What rights were trampled upon?
Re: Abu Strike: Share Your View by md4real(m): 1:06pm On Nov 28, 2007
Seun:

What rights were trampled upon?
i believe the right {Edenceres} is talking about has to do with the activities of the religious sects in the school especially the MSSN. you know, promoting religion and denying students rights to social activities. i believe it was also a factor.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Aberdeen Admissions / Study Free In Sweden Undergrauate And Master Programs,apply With Your O level / Futa Post Ume 2010/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.