Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Resource Control Or Derivation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resource Control Or Derivation (745 Views)

Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation / Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates / 13% Oil Derivation War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resource Control Or Derivation by DaLover(m): 10:53pm On Apr 15, 2012
In a lot of social commentary I have come across, these 2 words appear to be used interchangeable
For instance the popular agitation by the Niger-delta has been for 50% derivation, My
question is should we be asking for 50% derivation or 50% resource control?

To me the two word have two totally different meanings in terms of implementation and policies and if you ask me as a nigerdeltan, I would prefer to have resource control where I pay 87% tax to the FG/Center than 50% derivation..

Guys whats your take on this
Re: Resource Control Or Derivation by manny4life(m): 1:51am On Apr 16, 2012
Resource control, anytime...

With resource control, the destiny to work hard is in the hands of the people, with derivation, you have destiny of people in the wrong hands meaning several trips to the center of revenue sharing so each can get their allocation. This leads to laziness, and backwardness.
Re: Resource Control Or Derivation by aljharem(m): 1:54am On Apr 16, 2012
where is the Niger-delta ?

Where does it start and stop ?

Please we would like to know.
Re: Resource Control Or Derivation by DaLover(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2012
alj harem: where is the Niger-delta ?

Where does it start and stop ?

Please we would like to know.
Resource control applied across board......not where Niger delta starts or stops!

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwal: No Tension In Osun / Subsidy: Diezani Divides House Of Representatives / Breaking News! Ouk On His Way To Jail… As Akomas And Other Supporters Desert Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.