Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

My Story, Women And Men, Read And Learn From It. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Story, Women And Men, Read And Learn From It. (27424 Views)

6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. / I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This / Men Learn From My Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Story, Women And Men, Read And Learn From It. by kambili190: 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2012
Tgirl4real: @ Kambili;
I don't go about preaching polygamy but that doesn't mean I should label what the bible didn't clearly label as a sin a sin.

I don't intend derailing this thread. Could you please substantiate your position with one clear scripture that says 'Man must marry one wife'?

to start with:

Gen. 2:18, 21-24

The Lord God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him'...and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh.
Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, 'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man.' For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

how many wives did God create for Adam? he OBVIOUSLY thought one wife was enough!
he spoke of A (=one) helper
"...will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife" NOT wives

I can go on. Don't get me wrong, I am not against polygamy when all parties agree to it without being forced into it BUT the argument that some men had multiple wives does not mean that it was right and that it's the Christian way BECAUSE these men were not Christian. the religion came into existence after Jesus was crossed. so whatever these people did, they were no CHristians.

MORE:

"A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one."
again ONE wife! I still have more but people will always come up with the argument that some men had multiple wives in the past and so it's ok. it isn't! and as long as your first wife doen't agree to a second or third wife, it's a sin because a husband MUST treat his wife right! ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE!
Re: My Story, Women And Men, Read And Learn From It. by lastpage: 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2012
^^^^^So in the "case of Adam", OLD TESTAMENT IS VALID but in the case of DAVID, OLD TESTAMENT suddenly becomes INAVLID! shocked shocked lipsrsealed

Eechiokwu! No worries! wink

BTW: I am yet to see any "human" that will AGREE to having a second, more so a woman? Even a man would not agree!
Abraham's wife (Sarah) that "suggested and agreed" that her husband should have a second wife because she was initially barren, changed her "music" and later hoodwinked her husband into committing the greatest "act of foolishness" (by sending that innocent child away!) and thus created the first "bad-blood" in Polygamy!
Its human nature to think about "self alone"!

Lastpage!
Re: My Story, Women And Men, Read And Learn From It. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 25, 2012
Dear poster, if you could go back in time what would you do differently.?
Re: My Story, Women And Men, Read And Learn From It. by Niseamaka(m): 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2012
THE CORE ISSUE HERE IS OUR TRADITIONAL DISPOSITION TOWARDS MARRIAGE AND CHILD BEARING.AS EARLY AS THE FIRST YEAR OF MARRIAGE,THERE ARE EXPECTATIONS FROM ALL AND SUNDRY FOR CONCEPTION TO TAKE PLACE.WHEN A MARRIAGE GOES INTO THE SECOND AND THIRD YEAR WITHOUT THE WIFE CONCEIVING, ALL SORTS of PRESSURES WILL START MOUNTING ON BOTH THE HUSBAND AND THE WIFE. THESE PRESSURES INEVITABLY LEADS TO UNPLEASANT(?) SITUATIONS LIKE THESE, ALTHOUGH TO THE MAN AND HIS FAMILY MENBERS,IT IS A PLEASANT DEVELOPMENT.THIS KIND OF INCIDENT OCCURED IN MY OWN BACKYARD WHERE A COUPLE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR ABOUT THIRTEEN YEARS WITHOUT CHILDREN, THE MAN SECRETLY IMPREGNANTED A GIRL OUTSIDE AND BROUGHT HER IN JUST WHEN SHE WAS ABOUT TO DELIVER. SHE LATER GAVE BIRTH TO A BABY BOY.THIS TORE THE FAMILY INTO SHREDS.THE MAN IS LATE NOW.THIS IS A SOCIETAL PROBLEM.NOMATTER HOW DEEPLY A MAN LOVES HIS WIFE, IF THE MARRIAGE IS FRUITLESS,OR BLESSED WITH ONLY FEMALE CHILDREN, THERE IS ALWAYS FAMILY AND SOCIETAL PRESSURE THAT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR THE MAN OVERCOME. THE HUSBANDS MOTHER WILL START MOANING FOR EITHER GRAND CHILDREN OR A MALE CHILD. WITH THE TRADITIONAL AFRICAN MINDSET LIKE OURS,WHERE CHILDREN ARE THE BE ALL AND END ALL IN MARRIAGES, IT IS VERY HARD FOR INCIDENTS LIKE THIS NOT TO RE-ENACT ITSELF.
Re: My Story, Women And Men, Read And Learn From It. by kaze4blues(m): 8:53pm On Apr 28, 2012
@poster, pray 2 ur god nd i knw he 'll answer ur prayerz. Problems re only 2 test hw strong we re in faith
Re: My Story, Women And Men, Read And Learn From It. by kambili190: 9:28pm On Apr 28, 2012
lastpage: ^^^^^So in the "case of Adam", OLD TESTAMENT IS VALID but in the case of DAVID, OLD TESTAMENT suddenly becomes INAVLID! shocked shocked lipsrsealed

Eechiokwu! No worries! wink

BTW: I am yet to see any "human" that will AGREE to having a second, more so a woman? Even a man would not agree!
Abraham's wife (Sarah) that "suggested and agreed" that her husband should have a second wife because she was initially barren, changed her "music" and later hoodwinked her husband into committing the greatest "act of foolishness" (by sending that innocent child away!) and thus created the first "bad-blood" in Polygamy!
Its human nature to think about "self alone"!

Lastpage!

I haven'T said that the old testament is invalid as a whole but anyway!
Re: My Story, Women And Men, Read And Learn From It. by dammysmall1: 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2012
should be patient,cos there is an adage that say " a child's head invite another" but a question have u ever aborted
Re: My Story, Women And Men, Read And Learn From It. by lastpage: 3:13am On Jun 19, 2012
kambili190:

I haven'T said that the old testament is invalid as a whole but anyway!
Hmmmm......l see!
I see your point clearly! grin grin grin
Anyway, its either "All or Nothing", as far as God's word is concerned.
When we start to pick and choose that which suits us or our position, then we are playing "games" with human lives.
Cheers.

Lastpage!
Re: My Story, Women And Men, Read And Learn From It. by okwele1(f): 3:25pm On May 08, 2013
my heart is heavy 4 u o! Kai i feel ur pain. Am practically short of words.

the best solution
1. return to ur matrimonial home
2. Forgive ur hubby
3. Your husband should rent an apartment 4
D lady
4. Go to God in prayer.
It is not easy but It is well in Jesus name Amen
Re: My Story, Women And Men, Read And Learn From It. by TheMadame(f): 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
Wow, All women should learn from this story oo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Forget Your Husband, I Lost Mine Too- Single Mother To Housewife / How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria / What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.