Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! (42129 Views)

Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) / How To Buy Airtime Directly From Your Bank Without Internet Or Using The Atm / Have You Ever Been Debited By The ATM Machine Without Getting The Cash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by yavo2: 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
I lost 80,000 to atm fraud. I just sat at home one day and got alerts of withdrawals from my gtb account. The money was withdrawn from festac in lagos and I was in abuja. I wrote letters but its about two yrs now nothing. The 2nd one another 40k from first bank atm last year. I used a foreign atm card. The atm machine swallowed my 40k. They asked me to complain to my issuing bank. Till now nothing. Its just sad..
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by alpontif(m): 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2012
This happened to me on monday, 16th apr 2012, at gtbank ilorin, i wanted to withdraw an amount from the atm, the machine told me transaction completed, i heard the whir of the counting, but no cash was dispensed.,

I didnt even bother, until something told me to check my balance, using the same machine, i discovered that i have been debited for the money intended to withdraw , which the machine failed to dispense.

I entered the banking hall, was directed by a perfectly rude customer care officer to an equally rude guy in charge of atm complaints, people were on a queue- standing, and this guy was gisting and discussing with his mates....the anger i was feeling then was volcanic, but i managed to control myself in the face of all the sly and polite insults this guy was throwing at customers, like ''kindly join the queue'', '' kindly exercise some patience''.....e.t.c., saying this to people who have been waiting for tens of minutes, while you chat away unhurriedly on the phone is the highest form of disrespect a corporate body can show to its customers.

After the whole stuff, i was told to write my name and acct number, and that the stuff will be treated within 24hrs......that was on Monday.....i went there again, nothing has happened, i was promised it will be treated under 24 hrs again. May be i will be the one who will run gtbank down via a colossal damages lawsuit.... angry
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by Nobody: 4:40am On Apr 19, 2012
I use intercontinental now access bank card.I have experienced several tiomes.festac area and ikeja. The ones that happened at the festac area got reversed within a day without me visiting the bank, don't know why, maybe because they are little big like 35k, but here at ikeja,nothing is done unless I visit the bank. As a matter of fact,they are still having my 5k, have filled out error form and was told it will take about 3weeks, I dey vex now cos I don't have much in my acc now.
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by omicron(m): 9:00am On Apr 19, 2012
achi4u: i normaly use Oceanic ATM to witdrew from FirstBank at Abakaliki metropolise without any problem.oneday i traveled to Nnewi for biz trip,as usuall i entered Firstbank and immidatly slot my ATM card and press 20k...after hearing the sound of counting 'like what Okija_juju said',my card popt out with recipt...the recipt read"your financial instutition was not authorised",i slot the second time...same story,i turned to the second ATM and yet same story...making it N60,000 with 3recipt.i jumpt on okada to Oceanicbank on my way an alert came that i've witdrew 60k i neally fainted.i manage entre the bank and filled the complaint form.to cut d long story short,anywhere i see oceanicbank i'll just enter and fill the form.

after like one month i receive 20k...next mouth another 20k then remaining 20,the Abakaliki branch bank manager of Oceanic called me one day and asked me to swear if that ATM at Nnewi didnot dispensed any money...my people i have to swear and collect my remaing 20k,i spree like N2,000 to everybody and tore my witdrawal book and even break my atm card in their presence...daz my last day at OCEANICBANK.
This is not funny! Swear ke
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by osifred(m): 10:28am On Apr 19, 2012
Ma qstn is. Is dis perculiar to Nigerian banks? How often does dis happen even in oversea?
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by doctokwus: 12:56pm On Apr 19, 2012
[quote author=Cherechy][/quote]
N20k @1st bank,heard d machine counter,waitd till finishd,waitd for d slot to open,waitd,waitd,but d amn tin refused to open.Lodgd complaint,1st bank sed shd go to my bank;saw dat it was a well orchestrated fraud& dcided to leave whoever did it or d organisation to d law of karma
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by ade101(m): 11:23pm On Jun 06, 2012
Guy, kasala don burst oo. Sky bank in collaboration with my bank,ecobank, is tryn to perform Merlin magic on me oo. My 10k is btw heaven & earth after skybank atm machine deliberately refused to do the ryt thing.I rushed into the bank but i was told that it can only be resolved at my bank,in other words, I am not their customer.Tomorow i go put leg for road and wont come home until i got my money.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by davidugotex(m): 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2012
If making money online is your problem, this is your solution. Don't worry it's free, download it here:
http://www.9jafiles.com/file.php?id=748
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by presawyerr: 3:56am On Jun 29, 2012
At this moment ecobank is a pain in the ass,they wn't refund my money.why do that to students.
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by seunskills: 12:27am On Jul 23, 2012
Since 10th of march in Calabar, making it over four months now, Ecobank has refused to revert 20k debited me by their ATM machine despite the fact that the account debited is with them and prompt reporting of the incidence. I've spent close to that amount making phone calls, going to the branch every now and then and even mailing the head office in Lagos to no avail. I need my money, can anyone advice me on what to please.
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by darealaman(m): 11:37pm On Feb 15, 2013
I used my GTB NAIRA MASTERCARD on UNITED BANK EL MAHAML CAIRO EGYPT behold my fisrt 1000 LE equivalent to 24k naija currency was debited without been dispense out i waited for about 10 minute hoping the cash will still dispense,however i proceed inserting my card second time same amount debited again without dispensing a single penny NOTE::THIS IS NOT MY FIRST TIME USING MY CARD ABROAD I HAVE EVEN USE THE CARD SEVERAL TIME IN EGYPT.

To cut the whole story short to my surprise see below..

Transaction Location:OTHER BANKS ATM
Description::CASH WITHDRAWAL FROM OTHERS ATM
Amount :24,760.49
Value Date: 26-NOV-2012
Remarks :90 EGP BM FUTURE MALLL BDR EG
Time of Transaction:10:20:36 AM

Transaction Location :OTHER BANKS ATM
Description: ATM TRANSACTION REVERSAL
Amount: 24,710.25
26-NOV-2012
Remarks:90 EGP BM FUTURE MALLL BDR EG
Time of Transaction: 02:40:33 PM

So with my calculation,within 4 hours my debited amount was reversed back despite being an international ATM transaction ,with this i guess nigeria financial institutes are speedily growing ..

May God continue helping Nigeria so we can finally be at the top globally
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by darealaman(m): 12:13am On Feb 16, 2013
saxywale: This is so scary. One of the reasons I never use an ATM in naija. Even though they sent text messages that ATM card had been issued. I just leave it for the branch to keep.
saxywale NOTE:it is not advice able to leave your card uncollected with bank despite text message that the card is been prepared and ready for collection,

Do collect them and keep it some where save if decided not to use them,am not a banker but just giving an advice here because not everyone working in bank section are trust-worthy most especially card department is a very skeptical unit ....cheers
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by ZUBY77(m): 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
GtBANK ATM debited my account yesterday but no money was dispensed. They told me to come back in 24 hours. I wll go there soon.
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by omicron(m): 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
ZUBY77: GtBANK ATM debited my account yesterday but no money was dispensed. They told me to come back in 24 hours. I wll go there soon.
If you bank with them, then you won't have much problems... if not then be ready to wait a while longer.
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 13, 2013
anytime I am in naija I do it the conventional way- go into the bank and collect my cash on the counter. cool
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by chuquiz(m): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
Fidelity ATM via Ecobank , 24hrs reversal with their twisted mouth to make no not panic,I drove off, this was yesterday, and its almost 3pm. No show ,its Friday. How do we tackle this menace,its frustrating
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Solution, whenever you want to use an ATM, before you press Confirm, check your wrist watch or any time enable device to note the exact time you did,this info is highly neccessary when you are making a claim.
The payment provider are not the banks could be interswitch or any other, most people when making claims fail to write time of transaction, when this coluum is empty, the provider will start to carry an investigation if you did use you card.Assuming you use your card on a Wednesday by 3pm, and on filling day of transaction you write nill, time of transaction, nill, this creates delay from the providers, not from the banks.
Assuming you re informed to contact you bank, let use an example, I use my firstbank card at a Zenith bank ATM that failed to dispense cash, but I was debited ofcourse, I made my complain by fiiling all details, within 18hours, my account was credited.
Take this cue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by omicron(m): 7:24am On Jun 08, 2013
indigene: Solution, whenever you want to use an ATM, before you press Confirm, check your wrist watch or any time enable device to note the exact time you did,this info is highly neccessary when you are making a claim.
The payment provider are not the banks could be interswitch or any other, most people when making claims fail to write time of transaction, when this coluum is empty, the provider will start to carry an investigation if you did use you card.Assuming you use your card on a Wednesday by 3pm, and on filling day of transaction you write nill, time of transaction, nill, this creates delay from the providers, not from the banks.
Assuming you re informed to contact you bank, let use an example, I use my firstbank card at a Zenith bank ATM that failed to dispense cash, but I was debited ofcourse, I made my complain by fiiling all details, within 18hours, my account was credited.
Take this cue
happy for u, but knowin the exact time of transaction isnt a guarantee cos wen I made my complaints to First Bank I correctly wrote the time as stated in the receipt printed by the ATM, but yet no refunds after months and counting.
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by Kirinwa: 7:38am On Jun 08, 2013
Laila Ikeji: its a normal thing now. wen it happens to you, simply go to your bank and complain. they will confirm it n gv u a dspense error form to fill. and the next few days, ur money is bac in your account.

It's not a normal thing and shouldn't be deemed so.
Mine took 30 minutes to come back.Worse was that it was my last card.
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by Carstuffs: 12:17am On Nov 20, 2013
Every bank has atm issues but its how well and fast it is resolved. Nigerians including students have lost millions of naira to atm malfunctions. It is our collective responsibility to drive the efficiency and effectiveness of our banks. Lets make our voices heard.
Source: http://www.globalbankissues.com/
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by Starx(f): 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
I had a similar experience in 2012 at a First Bank ATM during service year at Kebbi. I was using my NYSC issued account - Access Bank. I put in a withdrawal of N4000 and the machine stalled for so long I was even afraid my card was stuck. After a long period of "Transaction in Progress", my card popped out without the money. That day was passing out day and I was headed back to Lagos in the morning on the first bus. I went into First Bank to make a complaint, I was asked to check with my bank. I did. The guy who handled my complaint took my phone number and gave me his and said it would be rectified in a few days and I could travel rest assured.

Fast forward to a few weeks after, my account had not been credited. I called the guy and he apologized profusely and promised it would be rectified before the end of that week. I think I made 3 more calls after that when it didn't happen and I got more empty promises. In fact, at some point, the dude began to hit on me, asking me questions totally unrelated to the issue at hand. It was at this point that I gave up. Funny enough, I still use that account and haven't had any troubles since. Oh wait, my account was once debited in the amount of 1 grand but that was rectified before I even left the banking hall.

This post has got me thinking about that bad experience in the past. The bank you choose owes you the duty of keeping your money safe and rectifying issues that come up. It's annoying when I read cases of people being embarrassed over the bank's own mistake. It is simply appalling. I hope that the bad publicity they generate will ensure they do something fast to save their image.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
ATM spammer, or na scammer den dey call dem, don reach here again using the moniker 'anonymous5555' a ranting fool and a greedy idiot shall fall for everything!!!
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by diva90: 3:45am On Dec 10, 2015
yavo2:
I lost 80,000 to atm fraud. I just sat at home one day and got alerts of withdrawals from my gtb account. The money was withdrawn from festac in lagos and I was in abuja. I wrote letters but its about two yrs now nothing. The 2nd one another 40k from first bank atm last year. I used a foreign atm card. The atm machine swallowed my 40k. They asked me to complain to my issuing bank. Till now nothing. Its just sad..

It's not just okay to file a complaint, you have to pester them to keep looking into the case. Same incidence occurred with my diamond bank debit card, I was in at a friends place and suddenly got an alert that my account was debited of N108,000 at some certain shop. A transaction that I never carried out. Evidently it was a scam payment made with my card. I immediately called the bank cos I was out of the country at that time and informed them, they said they would look into it but I was not convinced with the way the customer service handled it so I followed it up when I went back to nigeria, went to the bank severally and complained. Finally after about two months, I recieved a credit alert of N98k I think, guess they charged me a fee for the recovery as they didn't give me back my full amount. After that incidence , I immediately said I will no longer use their card as I had seen that it's very susceptible to fraud. Nigerian banking is complicated, u must follow them up if u want a successful process
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by fratermathy(m): 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
Mine just happened today. I used a Zenith Bank Mastercard in a Union Bank ATM and I tried to withdraw money. Much to my chagrin, the machine made a whiffing "counting" noise and simply wrote "Transaction Completed". I was furious and checked my balance and found out that I was debited!!! Now today and Monday are public holidays. I needed that money to travel this weekend. Now I am stranded, without cash! This is terrible. I have been waiting for reversal but to no avail. I have tried reaching out to my bank but they wont work till Tuesday. I am so confused right now, like seriously! I am a DISAPPOINTED NIGERIAN at this moment. cry cry cry
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by Slimvincent(m): 12:43pm On Apr 06, 2016
Am having same experience nw...I used my Ecobank Atm card in an FCMB atm machine..The money was debitted but i got o cash.Went to my bank fill d form, waited over 3weeks nw and they r telling me FCMB replied their mail that i got the cash dat day.I told my bank official to tk me to the bank let dem view their CCTV capture on that day, but he said he can do nothing.Am considering going to EFCC to complain in PHC, but dont know hw EFCC operate concerning dis
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by afolakemi: 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2016
Slimvincent:
Am having same experience nw...I used my Ecobank Atm card in an FCMB atm machine..The money was debitted but i got o cash.Went to my bank fill d form, waited over 3weeks nw and they r telling me FCMB replied their mail that i got the cash dat day.I told my bank official to tk me to the bank let dem view their CCTV capture on that day, but he said he can do nothing.Am considering going to EFCC to complain in PHC, but dont know hw EFCC operate concerning dis

Sorry…. Since you are certain that you did not get the cash, nah to escalate to their contact centre straight! Inform them you are not satisfied with the feedback you have gotten.

They will take it up (07005000000 and Engcontactcentre@ecobank.com). Requesting for proof is your right joor….
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by Slimvincent(m): 11:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
[quote author=afolakemi post=44461992]

Sorry…. Since you are certain that you did not get the cash, nah to escalate to their contact centre straight! Inform them you are not satisfied with the feedback you have gotten.

They will take it up (07005000000 and Engcontactcentre@ecobank.com). Requesting for proof is your right joor….

Thanks man, i wil use ur these contact you gave me..God bless you
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by johnstar(m): 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
[quote author=Slimvincent post=44474612][/quote] bros, wat does issuer or switch' means cus u tried to withdraw moni from d atm, it kips on telln me dat shit 'issuer or switch inoperative blahblahblah
Re: Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! by kennymeritus: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
EFCC/ICPC PLEASE DO SOMETHING IN OUR BANKS!!!
I am a Firstnbank customer but was debited to a tone of 20K about 3 months ago on Wema bank ATM at Ado-Ekiti and till now I have been battling with First bank customer service to relog my complain after it was declined by Wema bank.This is a serious integrity issue with our banking industry .When computer now tell lies.There are terrible corrupt men and I wish ICPC and EFCC can intervene into this corruption drive in the banking industry.Please EFCC and ICPC should save me from WEMA bank fraudulent deduction before they continue to swindle the public !!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Startup Hotels.ng Just Raised $1.2m. Ask Me Anything / Difference Between Incorporation Year And Established Year? / "Nigerian Women Now Leading In Pools Betting". See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.