Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

James Ibori To Spend 4.5 Years In Jail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori To Spend 4.5 Years In Jail (9079 Views)

Ibori To Complete Jail Term In Nigeria / James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" / I Turned Down 400m Car Proposal,nass Can't Spend 4.5b To Buy Cars-buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Ibori To Spend 4.5 Years In Jail by Beaf1: 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2012
And i learnt they usually count 1 day and 1 night as 2 days
So in essence Ibothief is spending two years and three months
Re: James Ibori To Spend 4.5 Years In Jail by kossynerule: 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2012
ivoice247: Shame on the religious leaders in Nigeria, shame on pastors of churches and Imams of mosques where these our so called religious fathers romancing with common thieves and looters whom we call our governors, ministers, perm sec, president etc. See how these pastors and Imams shamelessly praise corrupt governors and presidents yet they say they are the representative of God's law on earth.

I'm a muslim and i'm especially ashamed of those corrupt governors in the north propagating "shari'ah law" and yet stealing money from govt coffers meant to be for their people and the poor. Below is a beautiful narration of an incident that happened during the life time of prophet muhammed(saw) who practiced "shari'ah law" as it's meant to be practices;-

A man named Jaibir(ra) reported that a woman (rich, noble and highly influential) from the tribe of Makhzum committed theft. She was brought to prophet muhammed(saw)and she sought refuge from Umm Salama the wife of prophet muhammed(i.e. she wanted the prophet's wife to plead on her behalf so that she can be granted immunity from prosecution). Thereupon prophet muhammed(saw) said: By Allah, even if she were Fatima (fatima was the prophet's favourite daughter), I would have her hand cut off. And thus her hand was cut off. (sahih muslim hadith no. 4190)

what kind of stupid law justifies chopping off some1's hand even if d peron is guilty...it is sheer wickedness
Re: James Ibori To Spend 4.5 Years In Jail by coogar: 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2012
Beaf!:
And i learnt they usually count 1 day and 1 night as 2 days
So in essence Ibothief is spending two years and three months

that has been done already. it's the reason 13 yrs sentence became 6.5 yrs in jail.
Re: James Ibori To Spend 4.5 Years In Jail by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 18, 2012
Not enough for me. I want him to stay there for the rest of his life - to be a good example to others who are willing to embark of stealing public funds.
Re: James Ibori To Spend 4.5 Years In Jail by OneNaira6: 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2012
He got 13 years but hes only spending 3 years. Damn, this is why I hate politicians and government. Even In uk, it is the same.bullsh1t

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori To Spend 4.5 Years In Jail by Nobody: 3:45am On Apr 19, 2012
The truth remains, Nigeria is a lawless country
Re: James Ibori To Spend 4.5 Years In Jail by Callotti: 6:12am On Apr 19, 2012
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!
My BABY is coming home.
Teresa should be home by now.
Make I go sew my 'Welcome' home aso ebi joooooooor! cool

IBORI for 2015!!!!!
Re: James Ibori To Spend 4.5 Years In Jail by iloike(m): 7:11am On Apr 19, 2012
onatisi: the moment he pleaded guilty i knew a deal had been struck.well i rest my case here and leave the debate for u my fellow country men.long live corrupt nigeria.
You don't mean am.....
Re: James Ibori To Spend 4.5 Years In Jail by Ehisod(m): 7:58am On Apr 19, 2012
onatisi: so mister londoner what is the common sense in what u have just highlighted.a man has stolen over 200million pounds and in ur own magnificient solomon wisdom u feel four and half years is the best the uk goverment can give?what about the innocent ppl he has robbed of their future or sent to the world beyond.anyway it isnt ur fault it is the nigerian goverment that is to blame.if he was to be a chinnesse he would have killed long ago.

What would he have gotten in a Nigeria court? Naija people,ever so critical and foolish.
Re: James Ibori To Spend 4.5 Years In Jail by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 19, 2012
I expected him to return every stolen penny or rut in jail.He deserves it!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill / I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka / "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.