Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential (12690 Views)

PDP Lists Jonathan's Projects Buhari Is Trying To Take Glory For (SEE LIST) / Fashola Lists Jonathan's Sins Against Lagosians / Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Among World’s 100 Most Influential People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2012
Reno Omokri wrote that description and submitted it to Time.

"With leaders like President Jonathan, Africa is sure to move toward prosperity, freedom and dignity for all of its people". Nigerians can't move anywhere because GEJ refuses to "catch" Boko Haram and "bring them to book", so how can Africa move with more GEJs?

It makes me feel bad somehow sha. If an incompetent is achieving such greatness, then there is no excuse for me lol.
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 18, 2012
abeg what was gej's legacy in bayelsa - perhaps madam sirleaf has a different interpretation of dexterity
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 18, 2012
Okija_juju: A king is never recognised in his own town!

Fresh air 2011. . . . I Believe in GEJ, I believe in Nigeria.

gbam GEj for 2019 grin .. He will rule 4 12years
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by dadicvila(m): 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2012
Emperoh: After reading EJS's description of jonathan, i can only SMH
the woman was high on codiene grin
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2012
mama-gee:
Cristiano ronaldo should be on that list. . .

He's highly influential.

lol it is nw ronaldo vs messi
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by ziccoit: 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2012
Ranks007: In word's of TIME

Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan exemplifies the African political renaissance at a time when the people of the continent are starting to reap the fruit of their resources and their hard work. President Jonathan, 54, possesses the qualities needed at this moment of great challenges, having come to power at a crucial moment in the history of Nigeria. The country has grown out of its past of corruption, mismanagement and brutality, but the foundation of good governance is still fragile.

In two short years, President Jonathan has shown the same dexterity he demonstrated as governor of Bayelsa, the same ability to find the remedies to the many complexities of running a nascent democracy. He has spearheaded the fight against corruption and turned Nigeria into an example of good governance. He has also made a significant impact on consolidating peace and security in West Africa. From the onset of our own crisis, Liberia has benefitted from the support of Nigeria. President Jonathan not only upheld the trend but added to it. With leaders like President Jonathan, Africa is sure to move toward prosperity, freedom and dignity for all of its people.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2111975_2111976_2112110,00.html #ixzz1sPPZjn4B

I am a supporter of GEJ but I dispute the above written!

The blind stupi.d supporters of GEJ are even 100% sure that the rubbish above is full of nak.ed lies. Oloriburuku ni awon Oyinbo yi sha. Seeeeeeeeeeeeeee lies!
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by dont8(m): 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2012
And where is Ibori on that list? Beaf should be popping 'Kain-kain' by now.
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by chucky234(m): 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2012
I think Jonathan deserve to be on that list,a man who run the most corrupt and most expensive government in the world,looting billions at will is certainly influential in my opinion.
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by yommy2sure(m): 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2012
seriously Tunde Bakare should replace Gej on that list!

1 Like

Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by dont8(m): 6:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
Okija_juju: A king is never recognised in his own town!

Fresh air 2011. . . . I Believe in GEJ, I believe in Nigeria.
Yes! He's only recognised in Otueke.
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by PurestBoy(m): 6:31pm On Apr 18, 2012
mama-gee:
Cristiano ronaldo should be on that list. . .

He's highly influential.

You and dis your C.Ronaldo, I guess your puss*y would be drooling anytime u see him on TV[size=12pt][/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by bibina: 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2012
Okija_juju:

Na today our money start to loss?!

Jonathan resemble Jesus?!

Even Jesus no fit cure our crase for Naija. .

He is a good man, top 4 Nigerian presidents. . Up there with Obasanjo and Yaradua (late)

Corruption go hard to cure. . DO you think corruption is asleep?! Like NOI said, "When you fight corruption, it fights back".

The man dey try, what you and others should pray for is continuity, and then we should do our part and stop voting only during the Presidential and state elections. . . Vote for the assembly and Reps as well because these niggas actually have a shitload of responsibility towards this nation as well.

Look at the Senators and how crooked they are. . Even Jesus would appear weak as President of Nigeria with Senators and Judiciary members such as the ones we have.

Country don rotten sotey no where to put hand hold am from. .

Free Jonathan Jare. . After Yaradua "Rule of Law", na "Fresh Air" dey rain.

Okija_juju i dole my cap for u eh, u be real philosopher, this na wetin dey gbam?
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by Geniro: 6:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
ziccoit:

The blind stupi.d supporters of GEJ are even 100% sure that the rubbish above is full of nak.ed lies. Oloriburuku ni awon Oyinbo yi sha. Seeeeeeeeeeeeeee lies!

Another useless frustrated Buhari scum bag supporter.

Na High BP and hate go kill una. Bad belle ediots

2 Likes

Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by bibina: 6:47pm On Apr 18, 2012
this GEJ na God send am from above, nothing una go fit do eh, wetin saul fit do David for bible so? GEJ is just starting one term he go complete am do 2nd term nothing go happen. Naija na we get am go die if u no fit stay eh. 1million boko haram and OPC with Tuwum abi wetin that governor for Osun dey call him criminal gang no fit shake Jona or naija. Good things are unfolding......
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by purefella(m): 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2012
Somebody tell me what # my name is on the list
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by Sweetlemon(f): 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2012
Yeye woman! Anyway, for those of u wondering why GEJ got there, remember that Osama bi Laden also made it to that list a few times so being an influential person does not translate to being a loved or a good person. It just means your decisions, words, or actions have the power of directly or indirectly influencing the lives of a large number of people positively or negatively.
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by ifeci: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2012
Before we vote next time is very important that we bring economic indicators like employment, economic stability, economic growth and efficiency into focus! how has the present administration/party bettered or worsened the situation; rather than listen to manifestos that are usually tailored to sound sweet but never followed when sworn in and besides how has the Goodluck Administration performed as rgds this economic factors? your guess is as good as mine with the worsening unemployment situation et all!
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by ckkris: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2012
Pres G Azikiwe Jonathan. Courageously but democratically Transforming the incorrigible NEPA, bringing in massive investments. Exposing Pension Scams, the behemoth NNPC subsidy regime. The Nigerian Police? No more Cheque Points. Whittling down Boko Haram. For the first time, British & European Airlines must recognise the sovereignty of Nigeria.
NEXT MOVE?
To produce enough rice to reduce importation. This Zik is too much. And beneficiaries of these corrupt practices are workmg doubly hard in vain to slow him down.
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by ifeci: 7:24pm On Apr 18, 2012
Pres G Azikiwe Jonathan. Courageously but democratically Transforming the incorrigible NEPA, bringing in massive investments. Exposing Pension Scams, the behemoth NNPC subsidy regime. The Nigerian Police? No more Cheque Points. Whittling down Boko Haram. For the first time, British & European Airlines must recognise the sovereignty of Nigeria.
NEXT MOVE?
To produce enough rice to reduce importation. This Zik is too much. And beneficiaries of these corrupt practices are workmg doubly hard in vain to slow him down.

for paper abi for where? where im bring am in abi where they investments dey? massive indeed! NEPA ko! PHCN ni! u dey stay VGC abi? abeg try somtin else!
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by rakumiii(m): 7:58pm On Apr 18, 2012
Fa fa fa.........foulllllllllllll.....what rubbish.....
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by Youngsage: 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2012
Wow! Even T.B Joshua is missing from that list? With his ill-fated prophecies, revelations always relating to impending obituaries, disasters, famine, e.t.c manifesting both locally and in the international community, with presidents reportedly trooping to see him regularly, doesn't the notoriously influential soothsayer deserve to be on that list? hehe
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by valencia25(m): 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
RICHIE BOI: Time magazine has listed Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan as one of the 100 Most Influential Persons in the World.
Jonathan is the only African leader on the list, published on Wednesday. It is also the cover story of the current edition of Time.
The list also includes United States President Barrack Obama; U.S Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton; hacking group, Anonymous; American billionaire, Warren Buffet; German chancellor, Angela Merkel; President of the International Monetary Fund, Christine Lagarde; Iran’s spiritual leader, Ayatollah Khamenei; Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu; footballer, Lionel Messi; Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff; new North Korean leader, Kim Jong Un; Syrian President Bashar Assad; American Republican presidential candidates, Mitt Romney, Ron Paul; pop star, Rihanna; fashion designer, Sarah Burton; and Chinese heir apparent, Xi Jinping.
The list was chosen through voting by Time readers from around the world.
The citation on Jonathan, written by Liberian President, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, reads, “Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan exemplifies the African political renaissance at a time when the people of the continent are starting to reap the fruit of their resources and their hard work.
“President Jonathan, 54, possesses the qualities needed at this moment of great challenges, having come to power at a crucial moment in the history of Nigeria. The country has grown out of its past of corruption, mismanagement and brutality, but the foundation of good governance is still fragile.
“In two short years, President Jonathan has shown the same dexterity he demonstrated as governor of Bayelsa, the same ability to find the remedies to the many complexities of running a nascent democracy.
“He has spearheaded the fight against corruption and turned Nigeria into an example of good governance. He has also made a significant impact on consolidating peace and security in West Africa. From the onset of our own crisis, Liberia has benefitted from the support of Nigeria.
“President Jonathan not only upheld the trend but added to it. With leaders like President Jonathan, Africa is sure to move toward prosperity, freedom and dignity for all of its people.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/time-lists-jonathan-obama-hillary-clinton-among-worlds-100-most-influential-people/

Full List
TIME 100: The List

* Jeremy Lin
* Christian Marclay
* Viola Davis
* Salman Khan
* Tim Tebow
* E.L. James
* Louis CK
* Rihanna
* Marco Rubio
* Ali Ferzat
* René Redzepi
* Kristen Wiig
* Anthony Kennedy
* Novak Djokovic
* Ben Rattray
* Jessica Chastain
* Yani Tseng
* Raphael Saadiq
* Elinor Ostrom
* Samira Ibrahim
* José Andrés
* Ann Patchett
* Dulce Matuz
* Henrik Schärfe
* Freeman Hrabowski
* Maryam Durani
* Manal al-Sharif
* Anjali Gopalan
* Rached Ghannouchi
* Barbara Van Dahlen
* Ron Fouchier
* Donald Sadoway
* Hans Rosling
* Asghar Farhadi
* Sarah Burton
* Anonymous
* Pete Cashmore
* Cami Anderson
* Ali Babacan and Ahmet Davutoglu
* Ai-jen Poo
* Marc Andreessen
* Preet Bharara
* Robert Grant
* Andrew Lo
* Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy
* Alexei Navalny
* Ray Dalio
* Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber al-Thani
* Chelsea Handler
* Harvey Weinstein
* Chen Lihua
* Warren Buffett
* Alice Walton
* Harold Hamm
* Sheryl Sandberg
* Sara Blakely
* Eike Batista
* Tim Cook
* Daniel Ek
* Virginia Rometty
* Barack Obama
*[size=20pt] Goodluck Jonathan[/size]
* Xi Jinping
* Fatou Bensouda
* Christine Lagarde
* Mario Draghi
* U Thein Sein
* Ayatullah Ali Khamenei
* Mitt Romney
* Juan Manuel Santos
* Timothy Dolan
* Portia Simpson Miller
* Mario Monti
* Wang Yang
* Maria das Graças Silva Foster
* Andrew Cuomo
* Iftikhar Chaudhry
* Mamata Banerjee
* Walter Isaacson
* Ron Paul
* Benjamin Netanyahu
* Dilma Rousseff
* Erik Martin
* Cecile Richards
* Angela Merkel
* Lionel Messi
* Tilda Swinton
* Hillary Clinton
* Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, and Pippa Middleton
* Adele
* Matt Lauer
* Oscar Pistorius
* Claire Danes
* Stephen Colbert

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,2111975,00.html

GEJ written in Bold.... I love t
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2012
smileyhahaha... I know Gej will surly rule Nigeria come 2015 smiley
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 18, 2012
Congratulations, GEJ! But, one thing, that is questionable to me.
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2012
Ranks007: In word's of TIME

Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan exemplifies the African political renaissance at a time when the people of the continent are starting to reap the fruit of their resources and their hard work. President Jonathan, 54, possesses the qualities needed at this moment of great challenges, having come to power at a crucial moment in the history of Nigeria. The country has grown out of its past of corruption, mismanagement and brutality, but the foundation of good governance is still fragile.

In two short years, President Jonathan has shown the same dexterity he demonstrated as governor of Bayelsa, the same ability to find the remedies to the many complexities of running a nascent democracy. He has spearheaded the fight against corruption and turned Nigeria into an example of good governance. He has also made a significant impact on consolidating peace and security in West Africa. From the onset of our own crisis, Liberia has benefitted from the support of Nigeria. President Jonathan not only upheld the trend but added to it. With leaders like President Jonathan, Africa is sure to move toward prosperity, freedom and dignity for all of its people.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2111975_2111976_2112110,00.html #ixzz1sPPZjn4B

I am a supporter of GEJ but I dispute the above written!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Joke of the day
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2012
Christiano Ronaldo should ßε̲̣̣̣̥ among them
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by 1025: 10:58pm On Apr 18, 2012
i think time magazine has nothing to offer. where is didier drogba that has been making chelsea fans smile week in, week out? if a nigerian must be on their list to give them access to our oil, then let them add mikel because he is playing in champions league. tuface idibia is by far more influential than the jonathan of a man.
in fact, my problem now is the language issue, does this influential mean the same thing as notorious because jonthan is notorious over boko haran and corruption handling under his regime. his wife is even on the crimnal list of pending efcc cases as she stole $13m from bayelsa state.
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by Geniro: 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2012
1025: i think time magazine has nothing to offer. where is didier drogba that has been making chelsea fans smile week in, week out? if a nigerian must be on their list to give them access to our oil, then let them add mikel because he is playing in champions league. tuface idibia is by far more influential than the jonathan of a man.
in fact, my problem now is the language issue, does this influential mean the same thing as notorious because jonthan is notorious over boko haran and corruption handling under his regime. his wife is even on the crimnal list of pending efcc cases as she stole $13m from bayelsa state.

Craze man
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by barikay: 11:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
Make una jst free d man jor. He is coming 4rm a bad family 'PDP' and d rot are much to wipe. Even d process that brought him is nt clean. I dont really knw much abt Buhari bt base on comment here. If two of them can agree and work together they could b d messiah
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 18, 2012
I wonder if it was the president of Guatemala that did Obama's citation.
Re: Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential by Delafruita(m): 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
If he's recognise globally what stops me from having a second thought about him to do d impossible.
its not a recognition.the same list has ayatollah khameini and once had osama and ghadaffi.time's list isnt about achievement,its about influence and the president of nigeria definitely has influence in africa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo Gunmen Kidnap Four Catholic Sisters / Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle / Lagos Destroys 3,000 Seized Okadas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.