Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,264 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? (10578 Views)

Nigerian Judge Jailed A White Man For Using N_word / Nigerian Judge Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe To Skew Justice In Gambia / Nigerian Judge Suspended For Street Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by deandavid(m): 10:18pm On Apr 19, 2012
we have been talking about NJC nd NBA of being corrupt, unjust, shameless and whatever, but it is nigerians that are members these institutions or associations, if we have to clean own judicial system, we need to start from somewhere. Now my question is WHO WAS THAT JUDGE THAT QUITTED IBORI OF THE CHARGES AGAINST HIM IN NIGERIA? That judge should be stripped of whatever title he has, disgraced, humiliated and possibly banned. If that man was to be my father walahi i go disfather am, for falling his hand nd name for money. Back to the question, WHAT IS THAT JUDGE'S NAME?

2 Likes

Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by Beaf: 10:28pm On Apr 19, 2012
deandavid: we have been talking about NJC nd NBA of being corrupt, unjust, shameless and whatever, but it is nigerians that are members these institutions or associations, if we have to clean own judicial system, we need to start from somewhere. Now my question is WHO WAS THAT JUDGE THAT QUITTED IBORI OF THE CHARGES AGAINST HIM IN NIGERIA? That judge should be stripped of whatever title he has, disgraced, humiliated and possibly banned. If that man was to be my father walahi i go disfather am, for falling his hand nd name for money. Back to the question, WHAT IS THAT JUDGE'S NAME?
Justice Marcel Awokulehin.

He needs to be burnt at the stake.

2 Likes

Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by deandavid(m): 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2012
Beaf:

Awokulehin that name should not be forgotten for years to come, for disgracing NIGERIAN JUDGES, NBA, NIGERIA'S JUDICIARY AS A WHOLE. that name as proved to the whole world that nigerian masses are oppressed, raped, cheated and robbed with nobody to cry to. i wish we have real journalists in this country that can go and ask dat the president of NBA what they think about the ibori's case. even d so called criminal judge.
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by Pozzy(m): 11:55pm On Apr 19, 2012
Why is this post not on front page, so that more attention will be given to it
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by ebere1712: 12:25am On Apr 20, 2012
How can we call for the resignation and prosecution of justice Marcel Awokulehin. Is there anybody here that can help do that. And what does it entail. These people need to be disgraced and punished, so that others would know that we would not continue to tolerate their corruption.
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by aljharem(m): 12:30am On Apr 20, 2012
Beaf:

ROMFLMAO !!! grin grin grin grin grin I wonder why you did not say the same to Alams that disgraced Nigeria or Tinubu that (his deal with your oga) freed him. You come here to appear like a nationalist. LOL grin grin grin

Beaf Walihi people should be scared of you.
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by aljharem(m): 12:32am On Apr 20, 2012
deandavid: we have been talking about NJC nd NBA of being corrupt, unjust, shameless and whatever, but it is nigerians that are members these institutions or associations, if we have to clean own judicial system, we need to start from somewhere. Now my question is WHO WAS THAT JUDGE THAT QUITTED IBORI OF THE CHARGES AGAINST HIM IN NIGERIA? That judge should be stripped of whatever title he has, disgraced, humiliated and possibly banned. If that man was to be my father walahi i go disfather am, for falling his hand nd name for money. Back to the question, WHAT IS THAT JUDGE'S NAME?

OP you are very correct. A big shame to the nation. It just shows our National standards are just too low that is why likes of Ibori are free men
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by Beaf: 12:35am On Apr 20, 2012
alj harem:

ROMFLMAO !!! grin grin grin grin grin I wonder why you did not say the same to Alams that disgraced Nigeria or Tinubu that (his deal with your oga) freed him. You come here to appear like a nationalist. LOL grin grin grin

Beaf Walihi people should be scared of you.
Are you stup!d or something?
What does this topic have to do with Alams? Is he a judge?

What level of IQ does this guy have?
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by aljharem(m): 12:40am On Apr 20, 2012
Beaf:
Are you stup!d or something?
What does this topic have to do with Alams? Is he a judge?

What level of IQ does this guy have?

Shut it, see his mouth cry cry

Do you think this judge is the first to do such ? Does that not tell you the level of the way Nigeria LIKE YOU (because you supported Ibori if I remember correctly until Uk showed you the way) and the Judge tolerate high level of corruption.

You have not told us about Igbenodion, Ohakim, etc all we hear is Tinubu this Tinubu that, Tinubu still went to london last month, why did they not arrest him if he is as corrupt you and the other ideeiotc called Wealey whatever call him he should have been trailed but apparently, I guess not.

Keep living in ignorance.
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by Beaf: 1:03am On Apr 20, 2012
alj harem:

Shut it, see his mouth cry cry

Do you think this judge is the first to do such ? Does that not tell you the level of the way Nigeria LIKE YOU (because you supported Ibori if I remember correctly until Uk showed you the way) and the Judge tolerate high level of corruption.
You are little more than a jackal and I pity the womb that gave birth to lying scum like you. There is nobody that does not know how much I have always been against Ibori.
I joined NL in 2009. Below is a comment I made two and a half years ago (in 2009, just months after I joined) concerning Ibori on a thread titled; "Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri:"

Beaf: 15 million big ones is almost bullet proof evidence.
https://www.nairaland.com/346084/ribadu-lodged-15m-ibori-bribe#4846412

May God punish you.

alj harem:

You have not told us about Igbenodion, Ohakim, etc all we hear is Tinubu this Tinubu that, Tinubu still went to london last month, why did they not arrest him if he is as corrupt you and the other ideeiotc called Wealey whatever call him he should have been trailed but apparently, I guess not.

Keep living in ignorance.
So, its Tinubu thats your pain? You want me to tell you about Ohakim and Igbinedion? You are so stup!d.

Lying fool.
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by aljharem(m): 1:15am On Apr 20, 2012
Beaf:
You are little more than a jackal and I pity the womb that gave birth to lying scum like you. Below is a comment I made 2 and a half years ago concerning Ibori on a thread titled; "Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri:"

May God punish you.

So, its Tinubu thats your pain? You want me to tell you about Ohakim and Igbinedion? You are so stup!d.
Phuck you.

Lying fool.

Not exactly but I find it fascinating why you are fixed on tinubu and Aregbesola and not other corrupt people IF TRULY YOU ARE NOT BIASED AND LOOKING OUT FOR THE BEST INTEREST FOR NIGERIA REGARDLESS OF PARTY AFFLICTION OR OTHERWISE.

The Government had the opportunity to arrest Tinubu but the same jurisdictional government free Tinubu. What does that tell you ? Corruption is regardless of party or otherwise and has integrated itself in every institution in Nigeria which even includes the electoral institute.

While you keep seaching out for ACN fault, let me remind you that your home state being run by PDP is being eaten up.

A typical state from your part of the country collects more than 2-4 times that of the best in the west and 6-8 times north allocation. Yet the same leaders for that area of the country are shouting that others are stealing their money when they the governors are the ones stealing the money. When all the cards are down you then migrate to ACN state from Lagos to Ibadan etc to get a better life knowing full well that YOU and other Bigots like you supported your governors to keep stealing. The mentality of "it is our son" HAS TO END fast if not NO GOVERNMENT CAN MAKE NIGERIA BETTER and not even OBJ.

I am well traveled in Nigeria and I can tell you that the best states like Anambra, Lagos Edo are not run by PDP but other parties. You better wake up and start telling yourself to truth so your children would not suffer because of their father's stu.pidity.

The mentality in your part of country is "it (current governor) is turn to steal, pray to God to reach me turn to steal as well". Those are the grass root people. Imagine what the governors are thinking now. Really start telling yourself the truth
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by Beaf: 1:41am On Apr 20, 2012
^
You came here telling lies and have been shown up, so you have started writing long love letters about Aregbesola's phallus.

I had just joined NL when I made that anti-Ibori post. Aint you ashamed? Dirty liar, I'm sure your people would have preferred a lizard or wall gecko the moment you popped out of the womb with your malformed mind. Please allow me cry for the unfortunate family that had to bear such great misfortune:

Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by aljharem(m): 2:13am On Apr 20, 2012
^^^^^^^^

LOL typical beaf when he has nothing to say

Look Beaf, the truth is bitter but must be said. I am not intelligent and I never said I was but one thing is certain. After you mess up your state, you run to other states that YOU claim are corrupt ? Is that not da.ft. I know you as a very intelligent person but it seems like you have sold you gift for some coins or even worse BIGOTRY.

In this thread I would not trade words with you but would like you and others like you to give COMMON SENSE a chance to show cast itself.

How much does Kano get compare to a typical Niger-delta state may be 4-6 times less right ? apart from other benefits the Niger-delta gets but which state is better ? Well it speaks for itself don't it not ?
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by Beaf: 2:16am On Apr 20, 2012
alj haram: ^^^^^^^^

Look Beaf, the truth is bitter but must be said. [size=14pt]I am not intelligent and I never said I was[/size] but one thing is certain. After you mess up your state, you run to other states that YOU claim are corrupt ? Is that not da.ft. I know you as a very intelligent person but it seems like you have sold you gift for some coins or even worse BIGOTRY.

In this thread I would not trade words with you but would like you and others like you to give COMMON SENSE a chance to show cast itself.

How much does Kano get compare to a typical Niger-delta state may be 4-6 times less right ? apart from other benefits the Niger-delta gets but which state is better ? Well it speaks for itself don't it not ?
Dude, your family must be mourning your birth by now. You came here to lie as usual, only to be given the truth and a phucking head butt to match. Now you are claiming to be stup!d as an excuse. Does stup!dity make people tell lies?
Abeg, show me your village so I can join them to weep at your birth. They would surely have preferred a monkey.
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by mensdept: 4:01am On Apr 20, 2012
Beaf:

Yes. We need to begin destroying these people. I hear David Mark was flown abroad for medical checkup. If true, can a Nigerian in that Oyibo country finish him off please.

Gbenga Daniel, Orji Kalu, Ohakim, you guys are all going down
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by wesley80(m): 7:24am On Apr 20, 2012
alj harem: ^^^^^^^^

Look Beaf, the truth is bitter but must be said. I am not intelligent and I never said I was but one thing is certain. After you mess up your state, you run to other states that YOU claim are corrupt ? Is that not da.ft. I know you as a very intelligent person but it seems like you have sold you gift for some coins or even worse BIGOTRY.

Come you this barely literate newly liberated almajiri, will u shut your mouth and allow this thread achieve its purpose? People are tired of reading your disjointed English, senseless and endless battles in every thread. Na beg I dey beg u o!
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by edoyad(m): 8:15am On Apr 20, 2012

Falana

ACTIVIST-Lawyer Femi Falana has described Tuesday’s sentencing of former Delta State governor James Ibori in a London court as a national embarrassment.

He spoke at a seminar entitled: “Can the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act ensure a corruption-free society?” organised in Lagos by the state Council of the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) and the Friedrich Elbert Stiftung, a German independent non-profit organisation committed to the promotion of social justice and democracy worldwide.

According to the lawyer, “James Ibori was convicted but Nigeria was also convicted.”

Denouncing the role of reporters and lawyers in aiding corruption in the country, Falana said Ibori did not easily decide to plead guilty but did so on the advice of his British lawyers.

This he said was in contradiction with the way some Nigerian professionals such as reporters and lawyers act.

“Justice Aondoaka wrote to the Metropolitan Police that Ibori had no case to answer... A judge also said Ibori had no case to answer,” Falan said.

He said the James Ibori case will likely to go into the Guinness book of World records. “This is the first time,” he said “that a man, his wife, his sister, his mistress, and his lawyer have been jailed. But as I have said, it is not Ibori that was jailed, it was Nigeria that was convicted. “

Falana however highlighted the various ways which the FoI Act could be invoked but observed that many media houses have not started to take advantage of the law.

“We didn’t have any (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) EFCC in the 80s. The media were our EFCC and (independent and Corrupt Practices Commission) ICPC.”

The FOI Act was signed into law in May, last year by President Goodluck Jonathan but Mrs. Remi Ihejirika said, “we need to ask ourselves frankly whether the FOI Act has been effectively implemented in achieving what it set out to achieve?”

According to the Chairman of the NUJ, Deji Elumoye, “the law ordinarily should make public records and information freely available, but for the Official Secret Act, which prevents public officers from disclosing certain kinds of information.”

Falana, however, said “there is no law in Nigeria preventing anybody from asking for information.” He thereby urged journalists to continue to “ask for information every day.”

Meanwhile, the planned return of $250 million stolen by the former governor to Delta State has sparked protest by Nigerian at home and in the Dispora.

Their grouse in that incumbent Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan will misappropriate such surely being Ibori’s cousin and “stooge”.

A statement by the UK-based Anioma Diaspora, a Nigerian socio-cultural and good governance campaign group, said that “returning Ibori’s loot to Delta State would be senseless and counter-productive in the light of the fact that the present governor of Delta State, Emmanuel Uduaghan, is a blood relation of Ibori.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/43768-ibori’s-conviction-national-embarassment,-says-falana.html
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by edoyad(m): 8:15am On Apr 20, 2012
That group being mentioned at the end of the report know exactly what will happen if that money is returned to the state govt.

1 Like

Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by gegee(m): 9:30am On Apr 20, 2012
if ur a lawyer u'll apreciate that ibori's acquital in nigeria may not be the doing of the judge. the prosecutor may not have prosecuted the case dilligently enough to get a guilty vedict

2 Likes

Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by highland(m): 9:44am On Apr 20, 2012
She will soon become chief judge of Nigerian in few years ti come.
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by ypzilanti: 9:53am On Apr 20, 2012
Justice Marcel Awokulehin

I have been looking for this name since.

1 Like

Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 20, 2012
will the stolen money be returned to Nigeria or it becomes the Uk's auto matically?
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by Koolking(m): 10:05am On Apr 20, 2012
ebere1712: How can we call for the resignation and prosecution of justice Marcel Awokulehin. Is there anybody here that can help do that. And what does it entail. These people need to be disgraced and punished, so that others would know that we would not continue to tolerate their corruption.

That shows leniency. he should be sacked and his license revoked. he should be made to face the full wrath of the law for gambling with the live of the nigerian people for a meagre plate of porridge. he is a disgrace to humanity

1 Like

Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by tchaik(m): 10:09am On Apr 20, 2012
alj harem:
I am well traveled in Nigeria and I can tell you that the best states like Anambra, Lagos Edo are not run by PDP but other parties.
My own Anambra? One of the best states? shocked shocked
@BEAF, carry on Bro!!
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by Delafruita(m): 10:12am On Apr 20, 2012
gegee: if ur a lawyer u'll apreciate that ibori's acquital in nigeria may not be the doing of the judge. the prosecutor may not have prosecuted the case dilligently enough to get a guilty vedict

and if ur a follower of trends,you'd appreciate that the ibori case was spectacularly thrown out despite evidence
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by emsquare(m): 10:12am On Apr 20, 2012
Beaf:

LOL!
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by timpaker(m): 10:37am On Apr 20, 2012
When will these two dudes unite? It is apparent that you two have something in common but are scared to admit it. you need to meet and harsh things out, a boxing match would be nice.lol

Beaf: ^
You came here telling lies and have been shown up, so you have started writing long love letters about Aregbesola's phallus.

I had just joined NL when I made that anti-Ibori post. Aint you ashamed? Dirty liar, I'm sure your people would have preferred a lizard or wall gecko the moment you popped out of the womb with your malformed mind. Please allow me cry for the unfortunate family that had to bear such great misfortune:

alj harem: ^^^^^^^^

Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by TRACK: 10:41am On Apr 20, 2012
Who can help us with Justice Marcel .A's profile? Which sch did he go? Frm which state? He level in the judiciary etc
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by Exponental(m): 10:46am On Apr 20, 2012
Not d judge alone but d jury dat agreed with d judgement.
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by Kachi01: 10:47am On Apr 20, 2012
There are just a few political office holders in nigeria that are better than Ibori both past and present. Is just that Ibori's case was tried abroad(london). What of those that transfer their loot to Arab countries and other places. You don't blame the judge because just as lecturers use to say 'a snake does not swallow a fellow snake'.
Re: And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? by cold(m): 10:49am On Apr 20, 2012
The painful thing about the Ibori's saga in Naija is that the judge didn't even allow him to take a plea.He just dismissed the charges outright-all 147 of them.Can you beat that?Only in Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo & Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Are Leadership Newspaper Persons Of The Year 2021 / Hon. Kasarachi Enyinna Joins Governorship Race, Decries Weak Leadership In Abia / Gani Adams: NNPC Officials, Police Frustrate Efforts To Prevent Oil Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.