Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up (2235 Views)

North Will Never Discover Oil In Chad Basin – Shehu Sani / North Will Reject Buhari, APC In 2019 —iwuanyanwu / Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 20, 2012
The problem I have with this is that we praying for the northerners to break-up and allow the southern Nigeria to move forward why on earth will Yoruba EFENIFERE reminds the Notherners that have seen reasons to break away that they will regret. Is there anything the South West is not Telling the SE and SS?. Because it seems they are happy with being Nigerians living with their Almajiri brothers. Shame on AFENIFERE for always letting the other southerners down. What are the SW gaining from this union called Nigeria, even when they are massacred in the North they will refute the story and claim it was only the SS and SE that were killed and yet they die slowly with the agony. Why on earth will a$$-licking Afenifere beg them indirectly, how long will they continually be cowards and betrayals
Ok! hear this

Following the threats made by northern leaders yesterday about their readiness to break up, Afenifere Leader, Dr. Reuben Fasoranti, has cautioned the Northern leaders against their threat that the North is not afraid of the breaking of Nigeria.

A leader of the Arewa Elders Forum, Prof. Ango Abdulahi, on Wednesday said the North was prepared to go alone if the nation breaks up, adding that the North would not, however, champion the disintegration of the country.
Fasoranti told our correspondent in an interview in Akure that the news came to him as a shock.

He said, “I strongly appeal to the Northern leaders against such move because it would never be in their interest. shocked

“They obviously don’t know the implication of such action and they should better don’t take a hasty decision they would forever live to regret.
“They would definitely benefit better if they remain in the same federation with the south because their own resources are limited.

“Their natural resources cannot possibly sustain them so they should not take any hasty decison because of the prevailing circumstance.”
The Arewa Consultant Forum, the umbralla body for the North, however, remained evasive regarding the position of Abdullahi, preferring to tacitly endorsing a united Nigeria.

ACF National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Anthony Sani, said on Thursday. “Professor Ango Abdullahi merely echoed what has been said several times that the North is committed to a united Nigeria in diversity not out of fear that the region cannot exist without oil but because of our deep and wide interdependence among constituent parts that make divorce impossible.
“Moreover, the size of the country is a huge advantage not just now but in future when the economy picks up. As result, the North would not be the cause of any contemplated break up.”

Ohanaeze Ndigbo dismissed Abdullahi’s threat, describing his submission as pointless.

The Deputy President General of the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Chief Gary Igariwey, said, “We cannot react to such threats. Anybody could come from anywhere to make threats of breakup or secession, so it’s pointless reacting to such.”
He added, “There are so many groups now seeking attention, but there are those we recognise, like the Arewa Consultative Forum.

“Even if it comes from the Arewa Consultative Forum, it must come from the right people in the group, not just anybody.”

Coordinator of the Federation of Middle Belt Peoples, Mr. Manasseh Watyil, distanced the zone from the position of the Northern leaders.
Watyil said, “Who are the Northerness? We better distinguish between the owners of the North. If they want Nigeria to break that mean they are going back to where they came from. That will not affect the Middle Belt; they are free to go.

He added, “It is because of these challenges that the Middle Belt is calling for true federalism or Sovereign National Conference if we will stay together.”
A member of the Ulam council in Plateau State, Mallam Sani Muazu, however lamented the penchant for people or group to claim that they were speaking for the North.

He said there was nothing called one monolithic North, adding that there were no issues that could warrant any breakup of the country. Muazu said what united the country was more than what could divide it.

He said, “Who is the voice of the North? What is the criteria used in determining that voice? Is there one monolithic north? What are the issues at stake that warrants a breakup? Who is agitating for that? To achieve what?”
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services
Reactions:

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/04/north-will-regret-break-up-afenifere.html

1 Like

Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by 9javoice1(m): 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
Why are they begin these guys while every one is asking God to sent them away like Ishmael.

Not untill Ishmael is sent away from this house, Isaac will never be save,

pls Afenifere stop holding hausa/fulani's back.
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by 9javoice1(m): 4:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
i don't understand this plans of living together with people
that killed yoruba's in their father land,
igbos in their father land,
berom's in their father land,
deltan's in their father land,
tiv's in their father land,
kaduna ppl in their father land,
etc,

why should Afenifere group advice these guys to stay put.
what do they wish to gain from this venture,
Is there any unaccomplished deal they have with hausa/fulani's?
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by WilyWily5: 4:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
Yorubas are Silly

1 Like

Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by SmoothCrim: 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
Yes a divided Nigeria will not be good for the country and will give West Africa 2 failed states. There will also be wars over what the border will be. The South will have all the oil and will be much richer and the North will be come an Al Qaeda dustbin!! In the end it will leave the region more destabilized.
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2012
9ja voice: Why are they begin these guys while every one is asking God to sent them away like Ishmael.

Not untill Ishmael is sent away from this house, Isaac will never be save,

pls Afenifere stop holding hausa/fulani's back.

What is all this Ishmael and Isaac rubbish? Please stop using Jewish terms and history to discuss our national life abeg. Mshewww.
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by sheyguy: 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
The Yorubas are being truthful here. Even the northerners know they have a lot to loose in the event of a break-up.
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by 9javoice1(m): 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2012
by SmoothCrim:
Yes a divided Nigeria will not be good for the country and will give West Africa 2 failed states. There will also be wars over what the border will be. The South will have all the oil and will be much richer and the North will be come an Al Qaeda dustbin!! In the end it will leave the region more destabilized.

Thanks for yor response my gentle man, but you forgot something on the possitive to gain.
1)peaciful co-existence
2)progress and civilization we come to black africa
3)healthy competition will catapult us all to the heights
4)favoratism will be a thing of the past(ie: uni entrance cut off mark)
5)boko boys and their sultan with hausa/fulani murderers will rest and will kill no more
6)the abokis will be useful with their life for once
7)christians will live without fear of hausa/fulani bomb in the name of bokoharam
coolthe south and middlebelt will then be wealthy,rich and prosperous
9)everyone will have fredom of worship and reconverting to whichever without a tag of apostacy which is seath penalty.
10)hausa/fulani's are the only group that make their dominated state a sharian state. they have divided us already, so who cares

1 Like

Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by 9javoice1(m): 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2012
by ROSSIKE:
What is all this Ishmael and Isaac rubbish? Please stop using Jewish terms and history to discuss our national life abeg. Mshewww.

those who refuse to learn from history are bound to repeat its mistake.
a food for thought.

let the hausa/fulanis go in peace so that the rest of us will be free.
nobody should stop or discourage them.
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by hardniola(m): 5:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
you guyz should no dat norther niger can easily penetrate into south-wast niger,when poverty come knocking there door
they are just trying or proctecting future occurance maybe violent wit d north.
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by 9javoice1(m): 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2012
Do we want to see rwanda,somalia and sudan before we shall path our ways.
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by emmyitodo: 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2012
Am afraid.....nigeria is heading towards disintegration with a reasonable short half-life of less than 20 years.
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
Wetin elders dey see when dem dey siddon small pikin no go see even if e dey on top ladder. If only the let's break up army sabi say wetin dey after 6 pass 7.

Nigerians ronu!!!
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by WilyWily6: 2:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
See yeye people, Begging North not to go their way, Siiiiiiiiilllllllyyyyy Tribe
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by Dede1(m): 3:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
Who gives a ratazz about the sources of regrets in case Nigeria disintegrates? Afenifere is a known deceitful and cowardice organization. It can never be taken seriously in the contest of Nigerian polity.
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by Iykopee(m): 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2013
imagine a yoruba group begging hausa clones not to leave, kai, this yoruba group consist of a people dat are worse dan useless...
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by free13: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
Iykopee: imagine a yoruba group begging hausa clones not to leave, kai, this yoruba group consist of a people dat are worse dan useless...

grin grin grin
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by tomakint: 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2013
naijababe: Wetin elders dey see when dem dey siddon small pikin no go see even if e dey on top ladder. If only the let's break up army sabi say wetin dey after 6 pass 7.

Nigerians ronu!!!
You no go shut ur trap, wetin d stupid elders dey see if not their enjoyment of perpetual servitude to those disgruntled elements (core north) who brought Nigeria to the sorry state we now found ourselves economically and politically! What an ugly statement from ur big mouth, if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute, shut ur trap! I wonder what is the business of Afenifere if those 'marauders' want to go their separate ways! Nigerians ronu ko, naijababe ronu ni undecided
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2013
Iykopee: imagine a yoruba group begging hausa clones not to leave, kai, this yoruba group consist of a people dat are worse dan useless...
Am not surprised by the comments of Afenifere. they have also joined the league of Yoruba sell outs! Am waiting for my Yoruba brothers to deny such comments or i see them as supporting the group.
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by Gamji007: 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
Wily/Wily:
See yeye people, Begging North not to go their way, Siiiiiiiiilllllllyyyyy Tribe

My major concern is that if the country breaks up, where will all the flat headed self acclaimed jewish spare part dealers move to?

There is definitely going to be high traffic in Ezu river!grin
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by 7842I: 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
Gamji007:

My major concern is that if the country breaks up, where will all the flat headed self acclaimed jewish spare part dealers move to?

There is definitely going to be high traffic in Ezu river!grin

When has the love of Afenifere for the Igbo grown so big as to worry for where they will go? Split the damn contry and forget what will happen next.
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by Gamji007: 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
7842I:

When has the love of Afenifere for the Igbo grown so big as to worry for where they will go? Split the damn contry and forget what will happen next.

I'm not Afenifere.
I AM GAMJI007 smiley
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by ndiofeajoka: 5:19pm On Mar 25, 2013
Nna na waa o!
Master master master, why are you leaving me now.
I fear ibo and ijaw o! cry cry cry cry grin

1 Like

Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by WilyWily6: 5:32pm On Mar 25, 2013
7842I:

The monkey thought that am igbo
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by ndiofeajoka: 5:37pm On Mar 25, 2013
Masa, masa, masa
don't leave me tori olorun!
i dey fear ibo and ijaw well well! cry cry cry cry grin
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by Emperor007: 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2013
Is their (Yoruba) regular trade mark. Why is the SW most afraid should Nigeria break?

They know why...

Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by WilyWily6: 5:52pm On Mar 25, 2013
Emperor_007: Is their (Yoruba) regular trade mark. Why is the SW most afraid should Nigeria break?

They know why...
Yorubas believed that they are going to die of hunger if Nigeria break up,
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by ndiofeajoka: 5:52pm On Mar 25, 2013
Emperor_007: Is their (Yoruba) regular trade mark. Why is the SW most afraid should Nigeria break?

They know why...

FEAR of southern tribes!
They cannot stand even Ijaw, and they know it!
Thats why. cheesy
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by ndiofeajoka: 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2013
Yoruba cannot even stand the Igala sef should Nigeria break up
that is why they are begging the north to stay.
Land of cowards.
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by slimghost(m): 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
Master Master! Why hast thou forsaken me? sad sad angry

1 Like

Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by WilyWily6: 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
ndiofeajoka:

FEAR of southern tribes!
They cannot stand even Ijaw, and they know it!
Thats why. cheesy
u are right too, i believed they are more afraid of the Igbos.
Re: Afenifere : North Will Regret Break-up by ndiofeajoka: 6:05pm On Mar 25, 2013
slimghost: Master Master! Why hast thou forsaken me? sad sad angry

I don die! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Will Naturally Be Separated From Nigeria Soon (pic) / Charlie Boy Takes Picture In A Coffin / Nigeria: Fed Govt Forecloses Review Of Onshore-offshore Dichotomy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.