Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1061) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10445093 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) ... (19122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2015
amodu:

It will end in August
ok,thanks
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 7:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
This Window so far have shown the difference between LA liga and EPL......
Valencia,sevilla and Madrid are signing really good players for peanuts..... Well stoke are paying 14m for Shaquiri
Imagine Konoplaynka for free and other EPL teams were watching........

If a Teams like Everton or Tottenham can have a good scouting Network like Porto,sevilla,Benfica and co with the money they earn they can really do things....
But again that work permit issue is a problem
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
bigkesh:
Valencia,sevilla and Madrid are signing really good players for peanuts..... Well stoke are paying 14m for Shaquiri

If a Teams like Everton or Tottenham can have a good scouting Network like Porto,sevilla,Benfica and co with the money they earn they can really do things....

I can't understand it myself....How did Khedira go to Juve on a free for instance?

That guy was a boss at the World Cup and has always been a really good player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 7:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
Nihilist:

I can't understand it myself....How did Khedira go to Juve on a free for instance?

That guy was a boss at the World Cup and has always been a really good player.
Juve is the dominant gene in Italy.

Seria a promises to be interesting next season with the Milan clubs spending big to challenge Juventus.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 7:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
bigkesh:
Valencia,sevilla and Madrid are signing really good players for peanuts
..... Well stoke are paying 14m for Shaquiri

La liga buying players for peanuts indeed when barca splashed €41m on an aging Arda turan ,Madrid spending up to €31m on Danilo or Athletico Madrid getting Jackson Martinez for €35m ... By d way ,for a small club like Stoke to get a player like Shaqiri ,de hv to spend more cos it's dia only point of attraction. Nowadays if u want sm1 ,u hv to spend to get him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
^ well said!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
The new EPL deal would ensure clubs screw EPL side for more money for the same mediocre players they have been getting previously

e.g there is no planet where Firmino is worth close to 40m when he was priced around 15m last summer and had a very mediocre last season without any CL experience

31m on Danilo and 35m for Jackson Martinez are actually good buys. Jackson is one of the good strikers around in a market where they are hawking Higuain for 60m.

Danilo is a Brazilian Right back, And was to bench Daniel Alves before his injury. Remember Dani ALves was bought for 35m about 7yrs ago I doubt anyone would say his price which was steep is too much for what he delivered

All the top players would still stick to their clubs or would rather take price cut to play for top teams

Get French Football @GFN_France
According to tomorrow's L'Équipe, Bayern Munich have rejected an €80m offer from Manchester United for Thomas Muller & talks continue.
3:38 PM - 8 Jul 2015
177 177 Retweets 38 38 favorites

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
Excerpt from the mail I got from Chelsea Fc right now.

Reading this and looking at the pic made me wanna cry.

TERRY played for this club with everything he has. A LEGEND forever!!!

"OCTOBER

Reading away in 2006 was an infamous night with Cech and then Carlo Cudicini both carried off unconscious. John Terry played in goal for the final two minutes as a 1-0 win was preserved.

"

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 10:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
raumdeuter:
The new EPL deal would ensure clubs screw EPL side for more money for the same mediocre players they have been getting previously

e.g there is no planet where Firmino is worth close to 40m when he was priced around 15m last summer and had a very mediocre last season without any CL experience

31m on Danilo and 35m for Jackson Martinez are actually good buys. Jackson is one of the good strikers around in a market where they are hawking Higuain for 60m.

Danilo is a Brazilian Right back, And was to bench Daniel Alves before his injury. Remember Dani ALves was bought for 35m about 7yrs ago I doubt anyone would say his price which was steep is too much for what he delivered

All the top players would still stick to their clubs or would rather take price cut to play for top teams

Get French Football @GFN_France
According to tomorrow's L'Équipe, Bayern Munich have rejected an €80m offer from Manchester United for Thomas Muller & talks continue.

3:38 PM - 8 Jul 2015
177 177 Retweets 38 38 favorites
n u really believe dat man utd bid dat amount for Mueller? All this is just rumors to warm d beds of anxious united fans ,I don't think united r willing to splash a hefty sum dis transfer window else pogba could hv been signed by now but instead ,Woodward is reluctant to even improve d previous bid sent for Schneiderlin.

As for ur first points ,I think anything that comes from Portugal is over priced ,Danilo ain't worth dat ridiculous amount Real Madrid spent on him ,he just had a decent season n he's worth €31m already. Really?
The new EPL TV deals ain't only one sided ,signing players for a hefty sum, it also ensures dat clubs can prevent dia most priced assets to leave just cos another club offers better salary. This deal balances the market as Spanish giants ,Madrid n barca ,hv been dominating d market with dia loads of cash,now d likes of Chelsea n man utd can also go for d biggest names in d markets without sweating it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2015
parrotibaba:
La liga buying players for peanuts indeed when barca splashed €41m on an aging Arda turan ,Madrid spending up to €31m on Danilo or Athletico Madrid getting Jackson Martinez for €35m ... By d way ,for a small club like Stoke to get a player like Shaqiri ,de hv to spend more cos it's dia only point of attraction. Nowadays if u want sm1 ,u hv to spend to get him
Obviously barca and Madrid will go for ready-made and proven players..........
M talking of the Second level...That's y I didn't Mention United,Chelsea and City..... sevilla vs Valencia vs athletico....... Tottenham vs Everton vsLiverpool ....
I don't wanna start naming their signings, but vietto and Andre Gomes will stroll in any team in England

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2015
Emaprince:
Excerpt from the mail I got from Chelsea Fc right now.

Reading this and looking at the pic made me wanna cry.

TERRY played for this club with everything he has. A LEGEND forever!!!

"OCTOBER

Reading away in 2006 was an infamous night with Cech and then Carlo Cudicini both carried off unconscious. John Terry played in goal for the final two minutes as a 1-0 win was preserved.

"

TERRY's BLOOD IS BLUEsmiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
parrotibaba:
n u really believe dat man utd bid dat amount for Mueller? All this is just rumors to warm d beds of anxious united fans ,I don't think united r willing to splash a hefty sum dis transfer window else pogba could hv been signed by now but instead ,Woodward is reluctant to even improve d previous bid sent for Schneiderlin.

As for ur first points ,I think anything that comes from Portugal is over priced ,Danilo ain't worth dat ridiculous amount Real Madrid spent on him ,he just had a decent season n he's worth €31m already. Really?
The new EPL TV deals ain't only one sided ,signing players for a hefty sum, it also ensures dat clubs can prevent dia most priced assets to leave just cos another club offers better salary. This deal balances the market as Spanish giants ,Madrid n barca ,hv been dominating d market with dia loads of cash,now d likes of Chelsea n man utd can also go for d biggest names in d markets without sweating it.

Man Utd, City and Chelsea have the financial resources to battle Barca and Madrid. The difference is the inherent appeal of the clubs to the players
Once Madrid or Barca calls every player starts wetting their pants
Ronaldo after winning the CL in Man Utd at the peak of his power was still seeing Madrid as a step up How many Madrid stars at the peak of their powers would see Man Utd as a stepup?
Pogba has been shamelessly flirting with Barca even before they submit a bid. The attraction those clubs have goes beyond money.

Do you think its money thats making De gea want to leave Man Utd for Madrid?

Like I said some weeks earlier, every single WPOTY for the past 20yrs have played for either Madrid or Barca at some point in their career. That prestige isnt something money can buy.

Assuming Neymar was signed by Man Utd in 2-3 seasons he would already be telling you of how he wants to move to his dream club. If Hazard improves his game in the next few seasons he would be asking to leave for one those 2 clubs. Its so bad that the best players in a whole league wouldnt mind playing second or even third fiddle in these 2 clubs. (Suarez, Bale Henry etc)

Even coaches. Pep and Mourinho if those 2 clubs offer them jobs today and a favourable condition they would jump at it without saying farewell
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
bigkesh:

M talking of the Second level...That's y I didn't Mention United,Chelsea and City..... sevilla vs Valencia vs athletico....... Tottenham vs Everton vsLiverpool ....
I don't wanna start naming their signings, but vietto and Andre Gomes will stroll in any team in England

Its only the players Barca and Madrid dont want or are not looking at currently that would find their way to EPL top clubs (Man Utd, Chelsea, City) and even Bayern, Juventus etc

Your only hope is that Madrid/Barca shouldnt be interested before you sign a player or the player has been rejected by Madrid/Barca
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
The English press has gone crazy, quoting £25m+ for every journey man in the market. Even their rumours aren't creative - they just slap stupid prices on players who ain't worth those pennies.

Aldeweireld
Fabian Schar
Pepe Reina
Aleix Vidal
Nani
N'Zonzi
Khedira
Ings
Milner

None of these players cost (much) more than £10m yet they are more proven than some of the clowns being touted for £20m+

Others still on market include Kevin Mirallas for £7m, Begovic for £8m, Jordy Clasie for £10-£12m etc.

Yet these journalists keep pulling fantasy numbers and hyping the market
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 10:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
bigkesh:

but I mentioned athletico Madrid ,n by d way vietto's release clause is £22m n it means athletico spent a fortune on him ,Maybe both players u mentioned can "stroll" into Chelsea's team anytime but certainly not every team in England.

How is danilo more proven dan negredo who Valencia signed for £25m? Football has changed ,agents n clubs now ask ridiculous amount of cash for dia clients/players ,potentials r being sold at high cost ,n clubs r getting enough cash to spend hence d outrageous price tags. I mean Paul Pogba for €80m?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:40pm On Jul 09, 2015
Fabian Schar just joined Hoffenheim for 5m but if na EPL club na from 20m dem go begin price am
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 10:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
raumdeuter:

Man Utd, City and Chelsea have the financial resources to battle Barca and Madrid. The difference is the inherent appeal of the clubs to the players
Once Madrid or Barca calls every player starts wetting their pants
Ronaldo after winning the CL in Man Utd at the peak of his power was still seeing Madrid as a step up How many Madrid stars at the peak of their powers would see Man Utd as a stepup?
Pogba has been shamelessly flirting with Barca even before they submit a bid. The attraction those clubs have goes beyond money.

Do you think its money thats making De gea want to leave Man Utd for Madrid?

Like I said some weeks earlier, every single WPOTY for the past 20yrs have played for either Madrid or Barca at some point in their career. That prestige isnt something money can buy.

Assuming Neymar was signed by Man Utd in 2-3 seasons he would already be telling you of how he wants to move to his dream club. If Hazard improves his game in the next few seasons he would be asking to leave for one those 2 clubs. Its so bad that the best players in a whole league wouldnt mind playing second or even third fiddle in these 2 clubs. (Suarez, Bale Henry etc)

Even coaches. Pep and Mourinho if those 2 clubs offer them jobs today and a favourable condition they would jump at it without saying farewell
I think u brought dis up on the united's thread n I was on d same page with u ,no matter d amount of money dat d EPL big clubs hv ,prestige will always push dia players to Madrid or Barcelona but dats not my point. With dis TV deal ,players can be held without sweating unless they frantically want to leave d club, dis means dat d likes of united can now compete squarely in d market alongside Madrid n barca. Imagine Di maria is d epl's record signing at £65m whereas d likes of Madrid n barca has spent much more dan dat.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
parrotibaba:
I think u brought dis up on the united's thread n I was on d same page with u ,no matter d amount of money dat d EPL big clubs hv ,prestige will always push dia players to Madrid or Barcelona but dats not my point. With dis TV deal ,players can be held without sweating unless they frantically want to leave d club, dis means dat d likes of united can now compete squarely in d market alongside Madrid n barca. Imagine Di maria is d epl's record signing at £65m whereas d likes of Madrid n barca has spent much more dan dat.

Do you think Man Utd wouldnt have offered Ronaldo any amount Madrid gave him if it was about money? Ronaldo would have been Man Utds cash cow but he just wanted to leave and it wasnt because of money

If Hazard decides to leave you think it would be about money.

The players going to Madrid/Barca arent going ONLY because of money

Comparing Di Maria to the players Madrid signs?

Di Maria was unwanted at Madrid yet made 65m in fees while Bale, Ronaldo and Suarez were the best players from the English league at the time they moved. Di Maria would be like Ashley Young to Madrid

Go and price ordinary Neymar, Hames or Iniesta and see how much dem go call am never mind best player in la Liga Messi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 11:08pm On Jul 09, 2015
raumdeuter:

Do you think Man Utd wouldnt have offered Ronaldo any amount Madrid gave him if it was about money? Ronaldo would have been Man Utds cash cow but he just wanted to leave and it wasnt because of money

That's not my point ,of course most players see Madrid or barca as a huge step up in dia career but my point is dis; With dis coming cash flow ,a certain Chelsea side can go for Neymar for example ,provided he wants to leave barca ,look at Stoke city bidding for Shaqiri ,a club with no history ,look at how Anzhi attracted players to dia club mainly because of cash ,This same Suarez dat moved to barca was on d verge of moving to arsenal but instead Wenger chickened out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 11:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
raumdeuter:

Di Maria was unwanted at Madrid yet made 65m in fees while Bale, Ronaldo and Suarez were the best players from the English league at the time they moved. Di Maria would be like Ashley Young to Madrid

Go and price ordinary Neymar, Hames or Iniesta and see how much dem go call am never mind best player in la Liga Messi
Di Maria was not unwanted in real Madrid ,de club simply didn't offer him an improved contract. Prestige doesn't always cut it. You think if eden hazard earns €170,000 per week n barca comes n offers him €60,000 dat he will move?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
parrotibaba:
That's not my point ,of course most players see Madrid or barca as a huge step up in dia career but my point is dis; With dis coming cash flow ,a certain Chelsea side can go for Neymar for example ,provided he wants to leave barca ,look at Stoke city bidding for Shaqiri ,a club with no history ,look at how Anzhi attracted players to dia club mainly because of cash ,This same Suarez dat moved to barca was on d verge of moving to arsenal but instead Wenger chickened out.

Neymar would only go to Chelsea if Barca no longer wants him and that hasnt changed it has nothing to do with the new EPL money. When players drop out of favour in Madrid/Barca they are free to go anywhere

Ozil, Sanchez, Fabregas, Di Maria etc left those clubs and went to their new club even without the new TV revenue

Shaqiri is a failed player. He was bought by Bayern he didnt fit it, Inter only had him for 6months before trying to get rid of him, SO which club do you think he would go to? every top club would surely avoid him because he cant make it at top level

When Joe COle left Chelsea, Liverpool he landed at Lille and later West Ham

Suarez was considering Arsenal because Barca wasnt interested the moment Barca was interested Arsenal had no chance. Money or no money
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
parrotibaba:
Di Maria was not unwanted in real Madrid ,de club simply didn't offer him an improved contract. Prestige doesn't always cut it. You think if eden hazard earns €170,000 per week n barca comes n offers him €60,000 dat he will move?

You are contradicting yourself. If he was wanted wouldnt they give him an improved contract?

If Barca really want Hazard they would offer him market rate wages.

Its when you dont want a player that you offer him low wages. Can Chelsea say they want Hazard and offer him 50k a week?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 11:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
raumdeuter:

You are contradicting yourself. If he was wanted wouldnt they give him an improved contract?

If Barca really want Hazard they would offer him market rate wages.

Its when you dont want a player that you offer him low wages. Can Chelsea say they want Hazard and offer him 50k a week?
it depends on d kind of offer he was seeking ,if eden hazard earns €120,000 per week n stars for Chelsea ,den he asks for an improved offer would de offer him €123,000 and call it an improved offer? D same shii is going in between Ramos n Madrid ,now can u tell me dat Madrid do not need Ramos?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
parrotibaba:
it depends on d kind of offer he was seeking ,if eden hazard earns €120,000 per week n stars for Chelsea ,den he asks for an improved offer would de offer him €123,000 and call it an improved offer? D same shii is going in between Ramos n Madrid ,now can u tell me dat Madrid do not need Ramos?

If Chelsea values him high enough they would pay him what he wants or he can leave.

There is no salary Di Maria wants that Madrid cannot afford, but they saw in their own opinion that they dont need him that badly to give him the type of salary he wants.

WHat he was asking for in Madrid wouldnt even make him the top 5 earner there but since they have found another player who matches their need, they felt he was dispensable
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 11:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
raumdeuter:

If Chelsea values him high enough they would pay him what he wants or he can leave.

There is no salary Di Maria wants that Madrid cannot afford, but they saw in their own opinion that they dont need him that badly to give him the type of salary he wants.

WHat he was asking for in Madrid wouldnt even make him the top 5 earner there but since they have found another player who matches their need, they felt he was dispensable
and what about Ramos? I guess Madrid don't need him badly also.

Ancelloti was visible angry when Di maria was sold ,says a lot about how badly he wanted him. Madrid is like marvel studios ,paying cr7/Robert Downey jr anything he wants n paying d likes of Di maria ,Ramos ,James/Chris Evans ,Mark Ruffalo ,Chris Hemsworth peanuts despite dia contributions n if de protest ,de r sold/offered a shorter contract(in d case of Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 10, 2015
When I saw raumdeuter commenting here I thought it was another hazard vs neymar vs muller vs bale
Already brought my popcorn

but now am disappointed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:20am On Jul 10, 2015
parrotibaba:
and what about Ramos? I guess Madrid don't need him badly also.

Ancelloti was visible angry when Di maria was sold ,says a lot about how badly he wanted him. Madrid is like marvel studios ,paying cr7/Robert Downey jr anything he wants n paying d likes of Di maria ,Ramos ,James/Chris Evans ,Mark Ruffalo ,Chris Hemsworth peanuts despite dia contributions n if de protest ,de r sold/offered a shorter contract(in d case of Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan)

If Madrid wants Ramos badly enough they would give him what he wants or pay what would satisfy him.

Clubs weigh a players contribution to the club and how much he wants. There's no salary a club like Madrid can't afford of they want you badly and feature in their plans. If not they lowball and sell you off
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 10, 2015
raumdeuter:

Oga you're driving this far. Inasmuch as Real and Barca have a rich history that would make most top teams feel inferior, there have been couple of guys who turned them down for the good of their careers.

It took a lot of temerity and mental strength for those players to say NO just for a chance of first team football, bigger pay, or even loyalty.

If my memory serves me right, Harry Kewell turned down the chance to join Barca for Liverpool just as Del Piero snubbed Barca for Juve. And just last season, Koke snubbed Barca to remain at ATM whilst David Luiz opted for PSG even when Barca and Bayern were calling. It's no longer news that Gerrard and Ribery both turned down Real Madrid at some stages in their careers.

They all had their reasons. I read somewhere that Ayoze Perez who was a hit at Tenerife was courted by Real and Barca seasons ago, but the lad chose to join Newcastle just to earn first team football.

This is one of my favorite quotes, and it was made by a player who rejected Barca twice.

''I hear people saying I was thinking of the money, but they forget we have families to feed. Why would I accept to earn less to play for Barcelona? Why are players the ones supposed to sacrifice themselves.

Besides, PSG offered me also an opportunity for a new challenge and the club are trailing the right path.''

- Thiago Silva. September, 2013.

With this kinda brazen honesty, you can easily agree with me that most players are playing footie just to bath in cash and not really to be decorated with laurels or be associated with success/pedigree.

Before a player turns down the overtures of Real and Barca, he must have taken these important factors into consideration:

- Chances of first team football
- Wages
- Loyalty to current club

The pedigree and respect of being a player of either Real or Barca counts for nothing when these factors are considered by a player.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by incredibleone: 2:09am On Jul 10, 2015
When Mourinho brings on Mikel for Hazard when we are 1goal up at half time

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 6:52am On Jul 10, 2015
raumdeuter:

If Madrid wants Ramos badly enough they would give him what he wants or pay what would satisfy him.

Clubs weigh a players contribution to the club and how much he wants. There's no salary a club like Madrid can't afford of they want you badly and feature in their plans. If not they lowball and sell you off
wait r u suggesting dat Madrid want to ditch Ramos? So if for instance Neymar wants to be paid €600,000 per week at barca n d club needs him badly ,de will give him d amount?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Oga you're driving this far. Inasmuch as Real and Barca have a rich history that would make most top teams feel inferior, there have been couple of guys who turned them down for the good of their careers.

It took a lot of temerity and mental strength for those players to say NO just for a chance of first team football, bigger pay, or even loyalty.

If my memory serves me right, Harry Kewell turned down the chance to join Barca for Liverpool just as Del Piero snubbed Barca for Juve. And just last season, Koke snubbed Barca to remain at ATM whilst David Luiz opted for PSG even when Barca and Bayern were calling. It's no longer news that Gerrard and Ribery both turned down Real Madrid at some stages in their careers.

They all had their reasons. I read somewhere that Ayoze Perez who was a hit at Tenerife was courted by Real and Barca seasons ago, but the lad chose to join Newcastle just to earn first team football.

This is one of my favorite quotes, and it was made by a player who rejected Barca twice.

''I hear people saying I was thinking of the money, but they forget we have families to feed. Why would I accept to earn less to play for Barcelona? Why are players the ones supposed to sacrifice themselves.

Besides, PSG offered me also an opportunity for a new challenge and the club are trailing the right path.''

With this kinda brazen honesty, you can easily agree with me that most players are playing footie just to bath in cash and not really to be decorated with laurels or be associated with success/pedigree.

Before a player turns down the overtures of Real and Barca, he must have taken these important factors into consideration:

- Wages

The pedigree and respect of being a player of either Real or Barca counts for nothing when these factors are considered by a player.
bro I couldn't hv said it better. Dayo thinks prestige cuts it alone
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 8:04am On Jul 10, 2015
AirborneLacer:

- Wages

no mind raumdodo, waxing lyrical about prestige & nonsense. why should i accept less pay cuz I want to be known as a Shell staff when I can get better offer in a second rate Israeli company?

I'm sure offers came in for Scholes, Giggs & Keane in their prime from the likes of Barca, Madrid & even Juventus but they chose to remain.

if Ramos doesn't get the offer he desires, he'll leave & Madrid cannot get a better defender on the market this summer.

de Gea may want to leave back to his town, yes, but even he won't accept a lower (or same) pay than what he currently earns even if he'll be playing in his father's backyard!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) ... (19122) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: User09, afrodoc2, Leyqute(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.