Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10434810 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) ... (19109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:14am On Aug 31, 2015
Goodluck to Jeremie Boga at Lens and Nathaniel Chalobah at Napoli.

BTW, how did Chalobah get that move sef?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 12:26am On Aug 31, 2015
Mourinholic:

After the UCL final,I said Cheek can be better than Pogba..... I saw his game today
Where did the hype come from? He is not English, not From Brazil.... I don't just get.......
There must be over 10 better Cm in Spain.....

koke is the dream,big big dream....

He once played for Man Utd! tongue

Under Pogba's solely reign, Juventus worst start in history is made... grin

Yet a certain club is ready to invest £109,000,000 on him... lipsrsealed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 12:53am On Aug 31, 2015
Nihilist:
Well I have to disagree with my man Nateevs on quite a few points.

1. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a core squad. Barcelona for example have almost no bench at all(Relatively speaking). That hasn't stopped them from winning the quintuple.City, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool also had their very predictable squads week in,week out.Let's not forget that this same 'threadbare' Chelsea squad won the double almost too easily last season.

In fact, it was only Terry, Ivanovic and Hazard that played every league game of last season. Costa was out for a few. Oscar very rarely finished games. Zouma and RLC got several chances to impress, and some other youngsters got chances to play in the last few games of the season. So I think that 'playing the players into the ground' is not to blame here.

2. So what is to blame? I remember when I did that analysis of the game versus City and it became immediately apparent that there was a big gap between Midfield and Defence. That gap there in my opinion is the problem. And that Gap is a as a result of a slight change in system.

Jose clearly is still not convinced on the best position for Fabregas. Fabregas plays best(Offensively) in the Pivot, but is a defensive liability. When Jose tries to push him into the hole, he becomes ineffective. Oscar manages to bring out the best in Fab by tracking back, whilst still doing a job upfront. Willian also tracks back, but is clearly ineffective up top..

3. The fullback situation. Jose mostly played Terry in defence. If you have 2 fullbacks bombing forward, you expose Terry's lack of pace to pacy counter attackers. Hence, Jose attacks with one FB to offer some relatively decent protection. That being said, Iva is rinsed each game and Jose has clearly looked to rectify that. Our last two games(v Westbrom and Palace) Azpi has been the more attacking fullback and Ivan's runs down the right have clearly been reined in. If you have the chance, look up the average position for Azpi and Iva over the last two games and you will see that Azpi has been in more advanced positions. That being said, Hazard created the most chances in the league last season, and he is joint 2nd for chance creation this season, despite the relative lack of support.

4. Last season Fabregas was the most dribbled past player in the Chelsea squad, and the Matic-Fab pivot was the most dribbled past combination in the league. Fabregas's propensity to go missing defensively, and Matic's over aggressive defensive play(Most tackles in the league) were mitigated against by a relatively weak league opposition. This season we're playing against some significantly upgraded teams. Against Swansea, we faced up against Jonjo Shelvey(2nd Most created chances in the league this season ), Cabaye(Cabaye lol) and the (Yaya toure/Silva/Aguero). We've also played 2 of our last 4 games with 10 men. So it's not as bad as it actually looks.

We've conceded 23 chances from the right flank(Highest in the league so far) so Yes Ivanovic has to go. But we've also conceded 17 chances from central areas(the 5th worst in the league). We also recorded the joint highest number of defensive errors in the league.

There is already a replacement ready for Iva, so thats a minor problem. That Midfield though is a big big big problem. And in my opinion is the main reason for our loss of form, and not because anybody has been played into the ground.

you comparing our team to barca Whatever core we have it 'will' never be like Barca.

To me our youth players didnt really get that chance to impress tho Rlc seem to flashed brightly in the last game, i mean the guy gave palace defence problems and had he had more time perhaps we could have had at least a draw

To me the problem is we dont just have that gameplan, it like our attacking players dont have that freedom to do what neccesary to win.To make things worse other teams especially the small teams now have players who can challenge the big teams cos the diiference in talent isnt that much, there is no longer that fear factor for big teams everyone wants to get the damn 3pts.

Solution is we need to change our gameplan but it seems mou is running out of ideas our right flank needs to be guided from fab to ivan, the way oppostion breezes 2ru that side is out of this world.
Oscar should get more playing time than willian for now cos d latter seems to be out of form, Azpi needs to move back to rb, ivan most certainly cannot be there any longer, his defensive and attacking game has been poor.

In conclusion we need to change our formation to a 4-3-3 at least until fab attacking form improves.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:54am On Aug 31, 2015
donjazet:
If pogba is really demanding that price, Chelsea should put the deal on HOLD!!!! Its way too much. His value will drop this season. Without pirlo and Vidal, He will be truly tested and I doubt he will thrive.

Yea!! I said so.. Let's keep watching. He is not worth dat price, but the truth is dat Chelsea needs reinforcements in the midfield for COMPETITION and SQUAD DEPTH.

Buying pogba sends a strong statement of intent which is what man city is doing. Like Chelsea did last season by buying costa, fabregas, Felipe and bringing back courtouis.

I think we need a marquee signing just to show the AMBITION and ZEAL of the club to win more trophies or else we are in for a long ride this season.

One very important point people are missing is we need a right back!!! Azpi has never been proven at right back. He prospered at left back because he was solely defensive and that was exactly what mourinho wanted thus his linkup with hazard was very poor. Ivanovic was the best right- back last season because he was performing well both defensively and also contributing immensely in attack and now its telling on him. We need a proven right-back now to cover for Ivanovich. Azpi might not perform as we are really expecting switching roles is never easy. He has played at leftback for 2years now. Readjusting will not be easy for him.. Torres was once a goalkeeper. Do you think he will still know anything about keeping

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 2:23am On Aug 31, 2015
For those calling for injection of youth into the team. This is not the time for that!!! We are 8 points behind the leaders you're here talking about fielding untested players at this point in time. Nateevs be careful ooooo shocked we really need to enter the market now!!!!. Mou ejoo.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:56am On Aug 31, 2015

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 5:06am On Aug 31, 2015
raumdeuter:

Yeye dey smell... grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Upnepaa(m): 8:39am On Aug 31, 2015
varane,varane,varane

think a certain club is talking about this dude b4 ni,1 million times better than stones
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 9:20am On Aug 31, 2015
Mourinho interview after the match:

‘I can tell you in general terms it’s difficult
for a team to have a consistent
performance when some of the players
are not performing at a good level. You
could clearly identify two or three players
who could do better, and this is what we
have to do.
‘If you ask me if I’m going to accept this,
cross my arms, sit in a nice chair and wait
calmly for the performance level to be
back – no [I am not]. I have to work, I
have to react, I have to analyse, and if I
feel the players are not in conditions to
react and give more, I have to make
changes.

‘It is not about being loyal or not loyal, it is
for me to analyse if they are ready to give
an answer and try to fight against that
bad individual form or not.’

this guy should sha, always having what to say.... Hope he knows what he is doing kiss
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by moneysoldier2: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2015
Chelsea want Ezequiel Garay as their new centre-back after giving up on John Stones and missing out on Aymen Abdennour. (Independent)

Chelsea have made an enquiry into the availability of Paris Saint-Germain defender Marquinhos. (Daily Star)

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 10:35am On Aug 31, 2015
Chelsea close to sign Nantes defender Papy Djilobodji....

If Emenalo thinks m gonna waste my mb on YouTube again,he better rethink

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 11:41am On Aug 31, 2015
Mourinholic:
Chelsea close to sign Nantes defender Papy Djilobodji....

If Emenalo thinks m gonna waste my mb on YouTube again,he better rethink

Na emenalo fault? Make Mourinho identify im targets na, and where is that Russian woman, we need her to talk to Zenit abeg... This pogba nonsense has gone on for too long

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:46am On Aug 31, 2015
donjazet:

We need a proven right-back now to cover for Ivanovich. Azpi might not perform as we are really expecting switching roles is never easy. He has played at leftback for 2years now. Readjusting will not be easy for him..

Many people don't understand this fact, and it is very important . I said it before, Azpi will find it difficult for that sudden switch. I saw many flaws when he did it for Spanish national team. Look at rooney for example, he was used in a different role last season, now in his old striking position, he is playing as if he is alien to the position, commiting blunders here and there.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 11:58am On Aug 31, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
airmark:

Many people don't understand this fact, and it is very important . I said it before, Azpi will find it difficult for that sudden switch. I saw many flaws when he did it for Spanish national team. Look at rooney for example, he was used in a different role last season, now in his old striking position, he is playing as if he is alien to the position, commiting blunders here and there.
Azpilicueta will do well in that RB, he is still young and hungry to play so he will like to adapt as quick as possible. He is Spanish, they have football techniques.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 12:18pm On Aug 31, 2015
mithel:

Na emenalo fault? Make Mourinho identify im targets na, and where is that Russian woman, we need her to talk to Zenit abeg... This pogba nonsense has gone on for too long
Mourinho:"I gave my club the report of the season projection on April 21.I don't think it's
now on Aug 29 that I'm going to say 'I want this

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
Like seriously?? Azpi will not adapt to Rb because he was switched to LB? Are u kidding me?
I guess Pedro will need to adapt to play LW.....
I don't get at all

No change of skill needed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
hensben:
Azpilicueta will do well in that RB, he is still young and hungry to play so he will like to adapt as quick as possible. He is Spanish, they have football techniques.

I am not saying he does n't have techniques and all that. He will adapt, but the truth is, he wont quickly adapt in the next 2 matches. They can do the stuff gradually, may be when the tempo of game has reduced. Even mou knew iva was doing poorly and said it when raman arrived, that azpi would be checked at RB. But why is he still using him as LB? Definitely mou has checked him in training sessions and mou preferred him at LB. We are having everton and arsenal as our next opponents, so no room to gamble at the defence.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
airmark:

I am not saying he does n't have techniques and all that. He will adapt, but the truth is, he wont quickly adapt in the next 2 matches. They can do the stuff gradually, may be when the tempo of game has reduced. Even mou knew iva was doing poorly and said it when raman arrived, that azpi would be checked at RB. But why is he still using him as LB? Definitely mou has checked him in training sessions and mou preferred him at LB. We are having everton and arsenal as our next opponents, so no room to gamble at the defence.

So a new name would adapt before these games?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tick(m): 12:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
Citing Rooney's inability to now function as a CF doesn't apply here. RB and LB basically have the same 'job description'. They just operate on opposite flanks so there's no way Azpi won't do fine in his more natural position and quickly too.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2015
tick:
Citing Rooney's inability to now function as a CF doesn't apply here. RB and LB basically have the same 'job description'. They just operate on opposite flanks so there's no way Azpi won't do fine in his more natural position and quickly too.

mithel:

So a new name would adapt before these games?

Iva was one of our best performers last season, such that he was named as one of the best players in UCL. Mou just need to do thorough work on him because there must be something wrong for that sharp decline in form. Azpi was not playing as he was at marseille when he played at right back in the last world cup, he was shaky against chile and Holland, blind was having a field day with him throughout. He was subsequently benched against Australia. This was an azpi that was a great performer as our LB going to the world cup. If we start him in our next matches at RB against everton and arsenal, its a gamble.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2015
Djilobodji is really close to join Chelsea, Nantes sport director has just confirmed: "Yes, it's true. Talks ongoing to finalize"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iheanyi40(m): 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2015

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vivalavida99(f): 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
Papy Djilobodji is having a medical ahead of a surprise move to Chelsea, according to reports.

Source - Metro.com.uk

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
airmark:

Are you insinuating mou should continue with Iva or get new RB who will need more time to adapt compare to Azpilicueta. The truth is mou doesn't have full believe for baba since he didn't have pre seaon with us, he is looking for an appropriate time to start him which is cowardice to me. Baba is strong and skillful with the ball, he is a good prospect for epl if he is giving the confidence.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
airmark:

Iva was one of our best performers last season, such that he was named as one of the best players in UCL. Mou just need to do thorough work on him because there must be something wrong for that sharp decline in form. Azpi was not playing as he was at marseille when he played at right back in the last world cup, he was shaky against chile and Holland, blind was having a field day with him throughout. He was subsequently benched against Australia. This was an azpi that was a great performer as our LB going to the world cup. If we start him in our next matches at RB against everton and arsenal, its a gamble.

Ivanovic's goals were what gave him that title, I have been noticing his decline for like 2 seasons now.... Is it his crossing that hits the first man most of the time that I want to talk about or the fact that with each passing season the number of wingers taking him for a ride increases.

Don't get me wrong I adore the guy, the man who broke Liverpool 's hold on us in the UCL but it doesn't mean that I should keep on ignoring his inadequacies.

It's just the same way people thought ashley Cole just became poor all of a sudden, whereas two seasons before then, he had already stopped crossing the halfway line.

Iva n Fabregas should be axed and hazard should be shown that pepper never rest.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tick(m): 1:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
airmark:

Ivanovic ineffectiveness at RB has been visible since his move there. Most teams just only figured out its more productive attacking Chelsea from his wing which makes it look like it's a 'sharp decline.'

More than half the team was benched/changed against Australia, if I remember correctly. And the whole Spanish team was shaky at the world cup.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
mithel:

Ivanovic's goals were what gave him that title,

I don't think it was his goals. He actually scored only one goal in ucl and I don't think he is the highest goal scoring defender in UCL. In fact boateng scored 3 goals and reached the semis, but was nowhere to be found. So its not about goals.

mithel:

I have been noticing his decline for like 2 seasons now.... Is it his crossing that hits the first man most of the time that I want to talk about or the fact that with each passing season the number of wingers taking him for a ride increases.

Don't get me wrong I adore the guy, the man who broke Liverpool 's hold on us in the UCL but it doesn't mean that I should keep on ignoring his inadequacies.

It's just the same way people thought ashley Cole just became poor all of a sudden, whereas two seasons before then, he had already stopped crossing the halfway line.

Iva n Fabregas should be axed and hazard should be shown that pepper never rest.

Yea you are right, after our match against man city I was so disappointed in him. Coupled with subsequent horrible performances, so appalling. Below was my view before we signed baba. I just believe azpi should be re-introduced to that right wing gradually. Which I think mou will do.

airmark:
Ivanovic should be stoned to death. anyone who said we should not sign defenders should be shot at close range
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
Worst Window in years.......... just pathetic...... Something is wrong,really wrong
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
tick:

Ivanovic ineffectiveness at RB has been visible since his move there. Most teams just only figured out its more productive attacking Chelsea from his wing which makes it look like it's a 'sharp decline.'

More than half the team was benched/changed against Australia, if I remember correctly. And the whole Spanish team was shaky at the world cup.

After that world cup, Juanfran and Dani carvajal was been preferred to him at RB. Did n't that speak volume? Fact is, he is not as good as he is at LB at RB again.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Upnepaa(m): 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
Behold ivanovic's mistakes vs man city

Being aware of having two men in behind from build up, he hides behind Ramires and Terry than to cover

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
Vivalavida99:
Papy Djilobodji is having a medical ahead of a surprise move to Chelsea, according to reports.

Source - Metro.com.uk

We are in trouble.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) ... (19109) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SCOOPERJEF(m), NinjaMetahuman, Obere4u, DammyOlu123(m), MeMiTi and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.