Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10503159 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (19147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 29, 2012
^^ Seconded!

You cant Opinion to make away with a Thirty Something Million Pounds Prospect Just in his first How many Months in a Club!

Learning is an attitude and thats all he needs.
cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 11:36am On Oct 29, 2012
^^ y'all seem to be missing the point.

Ibime is saying if he is making these errors consistently, then maybe he should be benched for a game or two - the reason he hasn't been benched (according to Ibime) is because there's no ready 'tiki-taka' replacement on the bench.

Being benched to reinforce a lesson isn't a bad thing and that's all Ibime is calling for - if the Belgian national team coach thinks it's necessary then why not at Chelski?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:44am On Oct 29, 2012
BlueDiva:
You are a cu.nt for coming up with such silly excuse. angry

you can't provoke me - you are a married woman so try someone else! tongue

El Guapo:
One of the Big Reasons i Keep Saying this Fella has gone Barm!

this obnoxious ostrich with his gäy fonts won't learn to keep his mouth shut! you sound like a paraplegic crossed with a koala! chelsea lost fair and square - deal with it instead of screaming out like a rhesus monkey!

lalaboi:
HMm
prof, Have you got any hypothesis as to how Ashley young went flying like he had propellers attached to his hack? grin

ivanovic(one of the rëtards roman bought with his ill-gotten wealth) clattered with ashley young as the last man - he denied a goal scoring opportunity and by the letter of the law - he got sent off!

torres dived - he should have been sent off in the 46th minute for his kung-fu on cleverley....fair play to cleverley for quickly getting up and not rolling on the flaw like a dog(ethos nando should learn).....

the most glaring evidence that nando dived was the fact that he was holding the wrong leg after falling on the floor. the leg evans made contact with was not the one torres held when he hit the deck!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by RuuDie(m): 11:50am On Oct 29, 2012
lalaboi:

HMm
prof, Have you got any hypothesis as to how Ashley young went flying like he had propellers attached to his hack? grin

With Ivanovic's d*ck that menacingly close to your behind, who wouldn't 'fly' like an RPG!!?

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
nateevs:

If by not calling a spade a spade, you refer to me, (as I don't see anyone else on the other side of this debate) then you got it wrong . . . again.
I am not saying you or Ibime is wrong by calling out Hazard's lack of defending. What I am opposing is the use of the word, we cannot "carry" Hazard.

Also to blame Hazard as the "sole cause" of the loss is absolutely and utterly ridiculous. That's my point.

----------------------------------------------

Hazard's come from a background of light defending as well as being the most important member of his team. Everything went through him at Lille.
He won't get it in a day, maybe not even a season. He will get it though as the likes of Mata and Oscar who as equally as talent get it.
Sometimes, I just wonder if reading or understanding or both is a problem for you? By calling a spade a spade meant saying it as it is. I never said Hazard solely cost us the game and never said we cannot afford to "carry" him along - do yourself a favor and re-read what I said/wrote.
Yesterday was not the first time he lost the ball that finally resulted into a goal against us. Telling a player to defend be it messi or ronaldo or any other player for that matter is certainly not out of place. I even made it clear that I'm sure that he will learn with time.
You were the same person always screaming each time Drogba lost the ball (none of which actually resulted in a goal) -
So Mr, what's up with your double standard? what exactly are you against?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2012
debosky: ^^ y'all seem to be missing the point.

Ibime is saying if he is making these errors consistently, then maybe he should be benched for a game or two - the reason he hasn't been benched (according to Ibime) is because there's no ready 'tiki-taka' replacement on the bench.

Being benched to reinforce a lesson isn't a bad thing and that's all Ibime is calling for - if the Belgian national team coach thinks it's necessary then why not at Chelski?

Maybe your command of this language cheesy will help nateevs understand what we are on about.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
debosky: ^^ y'all seem to be missing the point.

I Know that too Well bro but irrespective of the fact he's got such Flaws, his ability to cause Opposition's Defenses Problems mustn't be Overlooked and that's what we crave much Now.

He's a Nice guy for Me that needs to learn, Benching wont do any Good.
cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
FBS:

Maybe your command of this language cheesy will help nateevs understand what we are on about.

The Nateevs i know got the Point well when Ibime brought it Up! The Friction Generated Outta Arguments sometimes Irk me Off undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2012
debosky: ^^ y'all seem to be missing the point...Ibime is saying if he is making these errors consistently, then maybe he should be benched for a game or two - the reason he hasn't been benched (according to Ibime) is because there's no ready 'tiki-taka' replacement on the bench.

it's a daft suggestion....
i cannot even believe you are kowtowing ibime here. hazard is a starter....if hazard losing the ball too much costs chelsea a goal per game then his gaffer should find a new position for him elsewhere. ronaldo was costing united a goal or two per game and instead of running to retrieve the ball, he would flail his hands and moan to the referee....fergie changed tactics by drafting ronaldo centrally and rooney took ronaldo's place on the flanks. hazard is a luxury player - you don't spend that much on a gem and bench him? if chelsea lose with hazard on the bench, what would di matteo tell his chairman?

in chelsea's case, it is bad to reinforce a yeye lesson!
hazard was born to create n score goals - not to defend like a rabbit! their deadly triumvirate are all gifted and interchangeable. leave hazard in the centre behind torres with mata and oscar on either side of him.

belgium and chelsea are 2 different entities.....league football and international football are different formats. you can afford such nonsense @ international football to teach certain players a lesson - after all, the belgian manager did not pay any transfer fee to get hazard to play for his own country.......for club football, money is involved.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2012
FBS:
Sometimes, I just wonder if reading or understanding or both is a problem for you? By calling a spade a spade meant saying it as it is. I never said Hazard solely cost us the game and never said we cannot afford to "carry" him along - do yourself a favor and re-read what I said/wrote.
Yesterday was not the first time he lost the ball that finally resulted into a goal against us. Telling a player to defend be it messi or ronaldo or any other player for that matter is certainly not out of place. I even made it clear that I'm sure that he will learn with time.
You were the same person always screaming each time Drogba lost the ball (none of which actually resulted in a goal) -
So Mr, what's up with your double standard? what exactly are you against?

Jeeez! I wonder what the aggression is all about. If you think I don't read, what part of this did you not understand?

nateevs:
I am not saying you or Ibime is wrong by calling out Hazard's lack of defending. What I am opposing is the use of the word, we cannot "carry" Hazard.

Where's your own understanding of grammar in all this? What phucking part of that did you not understand?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding saying he is the sole cause of the loss, did I say you said so?
If you didn't say so, why can you not bloody damn say, "NO I DIDN'T SAY SO" instead of all the insults?

I said YOU or IBIME in the first sentence and then went ahead to reiterate my objection to "Ibime's POV" as seen here:-

Ibime: So despite all yarns, he cost us the game today.

However, as always, you have shifted the focus of the debate out of stupendous lack of understanding and you are blaming me?
Tell me where I have gone wrong. Especially as I stated that "You weren't wrong".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

For Pete's sake, I even said these at different times.

I am not saying he should not defend
Like I pointed out previously, I am not for any player who cannot put in a shift.
He won't get it in a day, maybe not even a season. He will get it though as the likes of Mata and Oscar who are equally as talented get it.

However, dude had to call me Mr double Standards! Is it your itch to hurl insults or your lack of understanding of the phrase "double standards"? Cos I am struggling really seriously to see the double standards.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2012
oga nateevs, abeg shift and relocate. na who you dey blow grammar for? cheesy
no one is showing nada aggression here but believe me, its annoying when simple comprehension is beyond your grasp!
Not only that I said let's call a spade a spade - but for some whatever reasons you conjured up in your head, you decided I was referring to you? undecided how did you come up with that? grin

if you ain't sure of who said what - you either re-read or ask. It's that simple. And for the record, I don't insult. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
FBS: oga nateevs, abeg shift and relocate. na who you dey blow grammar for? cheesy
no one is showing nada aggression here but believe me, its annoying when simple comprehension is beyond your grasp!
Not only that I said let's call a spade a spade - but for some whatever reasons you conjured up in your head, you decided I was referring to you? undecided how did you come up with that? grin

if you ain't sure of who said what - you either re-read or ask. It's that simple. And for the record, I don't insult. cheesy

Dude if do you not believe that there is a massive difference between "Let's call a spade a spade" (what you thought you said) and "Why can't we call a spade a spade" (which is actually what you said), then you need to visit Debosky every night for grammar lessons.

It's very easy to come to a near conclusion as to who you directed it at. However, just in case I was wrong, I started my sentence with "If by calling a spade a spade you referred to me, " . . . . "If" "If" broda.

So let's see, what is the simple comprehension beyond my grasp once again?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 3:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
nateevs:
Dude if do you not believe that there is a massive difference between "Let's call a spade a spade" (what you thought you said) and "Why can't we call a spade a spade" (which is actually what you said), then you need to visit Debosky every night for grammar lessons.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

You Chelski fans are just a bit touchy on the back of a contentious defeat - FBS and Nateevs (largely) agree on the point that Hazard's defending needs to improve.

I guess the implicit disagreement is Nateevs' 'defence' (although he's still apportioning some blame) or 'light' critique of Hazard juxtaposed against the type of scorched-earth criticism a 'non-Nateevs favoured' player like Lampard or Drogba would have received. If it was one of the latter, there would've been no mercy from Nateevs, while Hazard appears to be getting some slack from Nateevs (due to his newness to the side).

Like I said, this is largely a sensitivity issue on the back of a defeat by your bitter rivals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
Too much grammar for hia.
Ain't both of you saying the same thing?

Leave Hazard alone.
Center backs should be defenders, tell Cahill and Luiz to stop going forward.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2012
BlueDiva: Too much grammar for hia.
Ain't both of you saying the same thing?

Leave Hazard alone.
Center backs should be defenders, tell Cahill and Luiz to stop going forward.

full backs nko?
valencia murdered ashley cole throughout first half!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
Nateevs double standards getting called out again by someone not named Dayokanu

His godson Torres has been a complete waste so far and he is still yarning megedefegede. They got Torres all the support any striker could ever wish for

Sold Drogba, Anelka, Kalou (Lukaku)

Benched lampard. Played Mata Oscar Hazard behind him yet the DUD cant still hit water if thrown off a boat
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by soicyboi1(m): 5:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
coogar:

full backs nko?
valencia murdered ashley cole throughout first half!
ur point exactly...?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu: Nateevs double standards getting called out again by someone not named Dayokanu

His godson Torres has been a complete waste so far and he is still yarning megedefegede. They got Torres all the support any striker could ever wish for

Sold Drogba, Anelka, Kalou (Lukaku)

Benched lampard. Played Mata Oscar Hazard behind him yet the DUD cant still hit water if thrown off a boat

the only good delivery torres got yesterday produced a magnificent save from de gea.....
compare the crisp passes valencia kept laying on van persie's feet to the scraps torres got before his sending off and your useless rants up there would embarrass you!

so_icy_boi: ur point exactly...?

get out of here, you ascaris worm!
when did you join nairaland to have the audacity to quote me? speak to me only when you are spoken to!

SPURS 2 -1 CHELSEA(2006)

From 1990, Chelsea went 16 years without losing a league game to Tottenham, their dominance so pronounced that Chelsea fans knew Spurs' ground as 'Three-Point Lane'.
Then, on Bonfire Night 2006, everything changed. Jose Mourinho's Chelsea were beaten 2-1 at White Hart Lane and captain John Terry was sent off by Graham Poll.

Terry's dismissal sparked a furious reaction from Mourinho and his players, who launched a campaign to discredit the referee. Poll explains how the FA's failure to defend him was a major factor in his decision to quit refereeing at the end of that season. Chelsea had drawn a controversial Champions League game at Barcelona a few days earlier and arrived at Tottenham in a bad mood.

It was obvious in the early stages of the game that Jose had been up to his tricks and that his players were going to be difficult to control.

I sent off John Terry for two yellow cards, the second when he hauled down Ledley King. Terry came to see me immediately after the game, the first time in my career any player had done that.

He seemed happy to accept my explanation of the two yellow cards. But the day after the game Ashley Cole accused me of having told Chelsea's players I wanted to 'teach them a lesson' and Terry said I had said one thing to him on the pitch and another in the dressing room after the game.

These two claims were as damaging as they were ridiculous but Brian Barwick (then FA chief executive) and the FA failed to stand up for me and, by extension, failed to stand up for the integrity of referees up and down the country.

A fortnight later Chelsea withdrew all of their allegations against me and Terry was fined £10,000 for what he had claimed. But I was still dismayed at the way the FA had reacted and that dismay contributed to my decision to retire.

The sad thing is that the whole furore overshadowed what was a magnificent performance by Tottenham.

like i said yesterday, chelsea are a useless outfit - this is not their first time of accusing match officials of rubbish - and it is always after a loss! i hope the book gets thrown at them if they withdraw their allegation later.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 8:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
coogar:

the only good delivery torres got yesterday produced a magnificent save from de gea.....
compare the crisp passes valencia kept laying on van persie's feet to the scraps torres got before his sending off and your useless rants up there would embarrass you!

Less than a year ago you all claimed malouda, Sturridge, lampard and Drogba are the problems with Torres and once they are out Torres would start scoring

Infact When it was only Hazard, mata and Lampard, Nateevs singled out Lampard as the only one in the starting 11 that was hindering Torres.

Now Lampard is out Sturridge , Drogba Malouda and we have extremely technical players yet Torres still doesnt get goals

Now tell us why Torres has continued to be a failure in close to 2 yrs at Chelsea?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu:

Less than a year ago you all claimed malouda, Sturridge, lampard and Drogba are the problems with Torres and once they are out Torres would start scoring

Infact When it was only Hazard, mata and Lampard, Nateevs singled out Lampard as the only one in the starting 11 that was hindering Torres.

Now Lampard is out Sturridge , Drogba Malouda and we have extremely technical players yet Torres still doesnt get goals

Now tell us why Torres has continued to be a failure in close to 2 yrs at Chelsea?

shut up your mouth and stop arguing against logic
hazard and oscar joined only this season - or were they here in the last 2 seasons? so what's the basis of demanding blood for torres when the team/system/manager/tactics keep changing? he needs time to understand the new recruits - which can only be achieved by more games! it's a tad idiotic to blame torres for what has happened before this season - think before you speak!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by soicyboi1(m): 8:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
coogar:

get out of here, you ascaris worm!
when did you join nairaland to have the audacity to quote me? speak to me only when you are spoken to!

h lmbo@ dis 'MILF' kid......can't xchange w/ ya,i've noticed that virtually all of ur posts are filled w/ insults.....get a lyf mehn.......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu:

Hehehe!. I already know you won't find the answer to the question I am about to ask.
Can you find the link - any link at all - where I stated that Lamapard is the "only" hindrance to Torres.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 8:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
coogar:

shut up your mouth and stop arguing against logic
hazard and oscar joined only this season - or were they here in the last 2 seasons? so what's the basis of demanding blood for torres when the team/system/manager/tactics keep changing? he needs time to understand the new recruits - which can only be achieved by more games! it's a tad idiotic to blame torres for what has happened before this season - think before you speak!

How many seasons have Oscar and hazard spent in Chelsea?

David Luiz, Gary Cahill, Mata, Oscar, Hazard

I.e Half of the Chelsea lineup yesterday joined the team after Torres yet its Torres who needs time

Last season it was Malouda, lampard, Drogba, Kalou Sturridge that were the problem, This season Its now Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Cahill etc

We cant blame Torres for his inability to score last season, We cant blame Torres for his inability this season, Its always the other players, coaches, weather, pitch, economy, sexuality thats to blame never Torres

RVP- 7 goals
Demba Ba 7 goals
Suarez 6 goals
Michu - 6 goals
Defoe , Fletcher, Dzeko Most of these players have worse creative behind them yet still manage to score but never the DUD
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
nateevs: Hehehe!. I already know you won't find the answer to the question I am about to ask.
Can you find the link - any link at all - where I stated that Lamapard is the "only" hindrance to Torres.

You mean this and last season you havent blamed Lampard for Torres inability to score? At least posters on this forum can verify what you said

Now Lampard has been dropped but Mr Torres still cant score. What is the issue now? Or do you also agree with Coogar that the creative Hazard, Mata and Oscar playing behind him are the problems nowadays?

So what is the latest hindrance to Torres that makes him unable to score

9 league games, 3 CL games 12 games, totaling over 1000mins Mr Fernandud has 4 goals thats 1 goal every 250min or 1 goal every 4 hours
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu:

You mean this and last season you havent blamed Lampard for Torres inability to score? At least posters on this forum can verify what you said

Now Lampard has been dropped but Mr Torres still cant score. What is the issue now? Or do you also agree with Coogar that the creative Hazard, Mata and Oscar playing behind him are the problems nowadays?

So what is the latest hindrance to Torres that makes him unable to score

9 league games, 3 CL games 12 games, totaling over 1000mins Mr Fernandud has 4 goals thats 1 goal every 250min or 1 goal every 4 hours

Talk is cheap. .. Find the quote.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu:
How many seasons have Oscar and hazard spent in Chelsea?
David Luiz, Gary Cahill, Mata, Oscar, Hazard

I.e Half of the Chelsea lineup yesterday joined the team after Torres yet its Torres who needs time

torres is the one who needs to score - torres is the most marked and his job is the most difficult especially when the creative force behind him rarely feeds him!

Last season it was Malouda, lampard, Drogba, Kalou Sturridge that were the problem, This season Its now Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Cahill etc

the change in personnel couldn't have helped him.....he needs time to gel with OHM to et the best out of him!

We cant blame Torres for his inability to score last season, We cant blame Torres for his inability this season, Its always the other players, coaches, weather, pitch, economy, sexuality thats to blame never Torres

play to his strengths and the rest would be history........
look at the services van persie has been getting from team mates. i am yet to see a pin-point cross delivered to torres feet in the 6-yard box this season from the so-called maestros. it's not only about having good players behind you - the good players must also be selfless in service - not looking for cheap glory! valencia and rooney could be shooting from impossible angles too but they would rather find van persie and let him do the finishing!

RVP- 7 goals
Demba Ba 7 goals
Suarez 6 goals
Michu - 6 goals
Defoe , Fletcher, Dzeko Most of these players have worse creative behind them yet still manage to score but never the DUD

this comparison is as silly as the person who wrote it because like i have said, the quality of the team-mates means nothing if they are not selfless enough to feed their strikers. ordinary west brom lays it on the plate at least 5 times for lukaku - but chelsea gives torres 1 chance per game. it's a disgrace!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by codedguy1(m): 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
Since after the one on one with barca that Torres scored, how many one on ones has he scored. Torres is an embarrassment to the sum of the 50million paid for his services.

How he is being defended with his DUDDY performances week in week out is amazing. The guy has not helped himself at all. He runs like headless goat, loses the ball almost every time, can't score, can't tackle, duddy positioning and now dives. Let's see what will happen since he won't be eligible for the next game.

As per Hazard, how does a player prevent the fact that when he loses the ball it always almost leads to goal, for Gods sake Hazard is an attacking AM and anyone playing that position is given some leverage to dribble and the inadvertently increases the chances of him losing the ball. So what are the likes of Mikel and ramirez doing as supposed screeners b4 even the defenders whose main functions are to defend, or hazard is expected to have a 100 percent dribble and pass completion rate.

All players are expected to help defensively, but to put the loss of the game squarely on Hazards feet is ridiculous to say the least.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
coogar:

torres is the one who needs to score - torres is the most marked and his job is the most difficult especially when the creative force behind him rarely feeds him!

the change in personnel couldn't have helped him.....he needs time to gel with OHM to et the best out of him!

look at the services van persie has been getting from team mates. i am yet to see a pin-point cross delivered to torres feet in the 6-yard box this season from the so-called maestros. it's not only about having good players behind you - the good players must also be selfless in service - not looking for cheap glory! valencia and rooney could be shooting from impossible angles too but they would rather find van persie and let him do the finishing!

this comparison is as silly as the person who wrote it because like i have said, the quality of the team-mates means nothing if they are not selfless enough to feed their strikers. ordinary west brom lays it on the plate at least 5 times for lukaku - but chelsea gives torres 1 chance per game. it's a disgrace!

I Like how you are always revisionist about facts when it comes to torres.

its curious that you cite van persie and service, but you failed to note that van persie has 1000% better football sense, has better movement, can actually hit a ball on goal competently.

when have we ever seen torres make out the kind of space and movement van persie did against chelsea for both goals? would Valencia have passed the ball to VP if he had been 20 meters away outside the box or hiding behind Gary Cahill?

You also failed to note that van persie does not habitually lose the ball, can pass exponentially better, does not look like he takes akamu for breakfast daily.

It beggars belief how you can compare van Persie who has spent 3/4 of his career injured and is still 10X better than torres.

incase you dont understand what you keep trumpeting, u are telling us a striker playing in front of arguably the best attacking midfield trio in football at this point is starved of service? grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

which quality ball do you want again? if at all you are correct, the first rule to receiving is that you in position to actually do so.

LIKE I HAVE TOLD YOU COUNTLESS TIMES, CITE EXAMPLES OF INCIDENTS WHERE TORRES WAS OPEN AND AVAILABLE FOR A PASS AND HE WAS NOT GIVEN.

OR U ALSO EXPECT THE PASSER TO PASS THEN RUN FORWARD TO PUSH THE DEFENDERS AWAY?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
coogar:

its curious that you cite van persie and service, but you failed to note that van persie has 1000% better football sense, has better movement, can actually hit a ball on goal competently.

when have we ever seen torres make out the kind of space and movement van persie did against chelsea for both goals? would Valencia have passed the ball to VP if he had been 20 meters away outside the box or hiding behind Gary Cahill?

You also failed to note that van persie does not habitually lose the ball, can pass exponentially better, does not look like he takes akamu for breakfast daily.

It beggars belief how you can compare van Persie who has spent 3/4 of his career injured and is still 10X better than torres.

incase you dont understand what you keep trumpeting, u are telling us a striker playing in front of arguably the best attacking midfield trio in football at this point is starved of service? grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

which quality ball do you want again? if at all you are correct, the first rule to receiving is that you in position to actually do so.

LIKE I HAVE TOLD YOU COUNTLESS TIMES, CITE EXAMPLES OF INCIDENTS WHERE TORRES WAS OPEN AND AVAILABLE FOR A PASS AND HE WAS NOT GIVEN.

OR U ALSO EXPECT THE PASSER TO PASS THEN RUN FORWARD TO PUSH THE DEFENDERS AWAY?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
4llerbuntu:

he's a world class striker playing for a rubbish team!

van persie's football sense is not better than torres' they are in the same echelon of elite strikers in europe! the difference is the selfless players who understand football is a team sport and the selfish players in chelsea who all seek personal glory to make the team.

it was a fast break - to start with........chelsea don't play with wingers to even bring such scenarios to the table! they play through the middle which is very congested or wait for the full-backs(ivanovic or cole) to provide the width! by the time those overlap and pull out a cross, the box is already saturated with markers!

van persie loses the ball as much as torres - i proved this earlier - scan the previous pages of this very thread and you would see where I busted ibime's myth that torres is too weak to hold the ball.

the difference is van persie has played for 2 clubs with the best managerial stability in the league and torres keeps finding himself in clubs with the highest turnover of players/managers.

best attacking midfield trio? you mean OHM is better than nani - rooney - valencia? i doubt it! lets even agree they are the bestest attacking trio ever, if they are self-seeking, they wouldn't do any world of good for torres. it's one thing to be skilful individually, it's another thing to play for the team.

torres positioning has never been in doubt - when he gets there, the passes don't find him enough! it's either mata or hazard seeking personal glory by shooting like a trigger-happy naija policeman!

LIKE I HAVE TOLD YOU COUNTLESS TIMES, CITE EXAMPLES OF INCIDENTS WHERE TORRES WAS OPEN AND AVAILABLE FOR A PASS AND HE WAS NOT GIVEN. OR U ALSO EXPECT THE PASSER TO PASS THEN RUN FORWARD TO PUSH THE DEFENDERS AWAY?

lalaboi would lecture you about a dozen instances where torres was frozen out by self-seeking teammates!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
Please coogar, how do we get the best from Torres?
Once and for all, tell us! We already have talented and creative players behind him.

Lecture us on the best formation and tactics to employ.
Let us all settle this Torres issue once and for all. If you make sense i would see reason and stop criticizing him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
BlueDiva: Please coogar, how do we get the best from Torres?
Once and for all, tell us! We already have talented and creative players behind him.

Lecture us on the best formation and tactics to employ.
Let us all settle this Torres issue once and for all. If you make sense i would see reason and stop criticizing him.

this is the most brilliant comment the anti-torres camp have ever asked.....

torres has been provided with talented technicians behind him. the 4-2-3-1 also suits chelsea as well and everything seems to look good on paper but - the trio behind torres are too self-seeking! they should be more selfless.....every damn move should be geared towards torres.......i also want a faster tempo in the attacking third....slow zombie passing allows your opponents to organise their defence and keep the shape!

that is all, madam bluediva!

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (19147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Unlimited22, Ibunkun1(m), SamHarruna(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.