Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,410 members, 7,864,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:47 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10752545 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) ... (19432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
Bimffo:

We know the reason why Sevilla is in the Champions league is because of what they achieved last season.

They are currently in 20th does not mean they cant still finish Top 4.. Its not week 20 for crying Out loud.

After Madrid, Barca, Athletico, Valencia. Sevilla comes to mind.

They were top 5 last season. But this season, they won't make top 7 because they sold their best players. We have Bilbao, Villareal and Celta Vigo fighting for top 5.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
Bimffo:

I am not saying they are ready for Premier league footy. I said we should give them a Chance.

John Terry was the last Person we gave a Chance from our Youth system. He became a Top Player.

Messi, Pedro, Busquet, Alaba etc were once Youth players and their club gave them a Chance.

I said, Give our Youth System a Chance. Nothing more.

Kakuta was once regarded at the next best thing for us. . he was given a chance. we know how it ended

Josh Mc Echrean was also well regarded then and was given a chance and we still know how it ended.

now as a youth, None of these youngsters from chelsea are at the level of Messi, Pedro, Bousquet and Alaba like you have listed. None even have the potential to be as good as them which is why i feel you're wrong. Its even blasphemy to think any of our youngies are at Messi's level when he was that young.

I am not saying they shouldnt be given a chance, but the exceptional ones who have proven themselves on loan and taken their chances when they get these little cup games should be considered.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 9:22pm On Nov 05, 2015
lalaboi:

Kakuta was once regarded at the next best thing for us. . he was given a chance. we know how it ended

Josh Mc Echrean was also well regarded then and was given a chance and we still know how it ended.

now as a youth, None of these youngsters from chelsea are at the level of Messi, Pedro, Bousquet and Alaba like you have listed. None even have the potential to be as good as them which is why i feel you're wrong. Its even blasphemy to think any of our youngies are at Messi's level when he was that young.

I am not saying they shouldnt be given a chance, but the exceptional ones who have proven themselves on loan and taken their chances when they get these little cup games should be considered.

Apart from Messi, Did you know Alaba Busquet, Pedro when they were Youth players?

And How are You sure none of the Youth players at Chelsea cant get to that level.

Those Top players started from somewhere. And they didn't just become Top players over night.

Just a chance.

But You have a Point too. Football is evolving, You have to buy and Buy to succeed. E.g, La Masia is dying.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JigsawKillah(m): 9:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
Dayo is the kind of person to tell you that a Red shirt is a Red shirt because it's a Red colored shirt but comes the next day to say it can't be called a Red shirt because it was once white but dye made it a Red shirt.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
JigsawKillah:
Dayo is the kind of person to tell you that a Red shirt is a Red shirt because it's a Red colored shirt but comes the next day to say it can't be called a Red shirt because it was once white but dye made it a Red shirt.
a million likes .....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
JigsawKillah:

Everything in the world is about perspective. And until you can prove it beyond question it would still remain contentious

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AbuMikey(m): 10:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
raumdeuter:

Everything in the world is about perspective. And until you can prove it beyond question it would still remain contentious

I quite agree with this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hariorh: 11:35pm On Nov 05, 2015
raumdeuter:

AbuMikey:

I quite agree with this.

Yep... Sadly it also means your words shouldn't be taken seriously...

Let each one take note...

grin tongue

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AbuMikey(m): 11:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
hariorh:

Yep... Sadly it also means your words shouldn't be taken seriously...

Let each one take note...

grin tongue

Because I have a different style of Critical thinking from You now means My words shouldn't be taken seriously? angry

Your stress sha...... gringringrin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 11:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
Juliaann:
Yeah and as a good gf I gat to support my man grin

Well done. So You are Gay?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 12:05am On Nov 06, 2015
This is quite surprising tho', how would you use UEFA ranking to judge the form of a team when there is a closer criteria like league table to use? undecided

I'm sure many people do bet here, do you use UEFA ranking to assist in your predictions?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AbuMikey(m): 12:05am On Nov 06, 2015
Bimffo:

chai gringringringrin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mosjames: 12:24am On Nov 06, 2015
The chelsea promo is still on
They only win once in a month

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Juliaann(f): 3:08am On Nov 06, 2015
Bimffo:

lol you would u say something like that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 3:47am On Nov 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

If Donetsk can win any Buli team bar bayern and Dortmund then I believe Dontsk can win the entire EPL

You ehh!! Wicked!! grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:34am On Nov 06, 2015
Hello...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 7:39am On Nov 06, 2015
How dem even dey do fifa ranking, why is belgium no 1 and my beloved in 2nd place angry

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 8:44am On Nov 06, 2015
JigsawKillah:

Lmao....Raumdeuter is a joke himself cheesycheesycheesy

We just dey engage am to see person argue with.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 9:23am On Nov 06, 2015
Nihilist:
Hello...

Wicked... grin grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:18am On Nov 06, 2015
Bimffo:

I say we loan Musonda out for now.

We should not do the mistake of selling him.

In fact, 80% of our boys from Baker's set should be allowed to fight for a shirt. Those boys are good. Baker, Aina, Collket, Abraham, Boga, Mosunda, Solanke. Just give them a chance!

Not every club is willing to bring on board an inexperienced lad on loan. They'd rather buyout his clause and groom him to their own satisfaction.

So it's nearly difficult for us as a club to find 'reputable' clubs who're willing to have these inexperienced lot on loan, it's just difficult.

Lest you forget, not every prospects makes it to the top. Most of these chaps look impressive now 'cos they're up against their mates, pitch them against their superiors and watch as they saulter (we have a good example in RLC).

So if you're looking at giving some kids playing time at Chelsea, you should be looking at chaps like Christensen, Pasalic and Ake, chaps who are holding down first team shirts at average good sides like Monchengladbach, Monaco and Watford.

Aina, Colkett et al are just names.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:22am On Nov 06, 2015
Mikel Is Part Of Our Problem – Chelsea’s Club Legend
Reveals.

author=kingjizzy2 post=39718183]Mikel Is Part Of Our Problem – Chelsea’s Club Legend Reveals. John Obi Mikel who has been in action regularly following the gross under-performance of first-choice midfield pair Fabregas and Matic, has been alleged to be one of the factors responsible for Chelsea’s slump in their current campaign.

Former English footballer, Alan Anthony Hudson, who began his footballing career with Chelsea, and played there for six years as well as the England national football team, has argued that John Obi Mikel is one of the factors responsible for Chelsea’s slump in their current campaign.

The Super Eagles star, has been in action regularly following the gross under-performance of first-choice midfield pair, Cesc Fabregas and Nemanja Matic.

However, Mikel has failed to impress and it’s perhaps little coincidence that some of his appearances for the Blues have coincided with their poorest results of the campaign.

The midfielder started in the 3-1 loss to Everton, the 2-1 away defeat to FC Porto in the Champions League, the Capital One Cup elimination at the hands of Stoke City and last weekend’s 3-1 loss at Liverpool. He also featured for 45 minutes in the Blues’ 2-1 loss away at West Ham United.
Alan Hudson believes that sub players like Mikel and under performing striker Diego Costa are the chief reason why the West Londoners are struggling this season.

“I think they need a facelift. You can’t carry on with players like John Obi Mikel, you need better players than that in midfield.

“They need a clearout of players. Branislav Ivanovic has been tremendous for them but he seems to have hit a brick wall at right back.

“When they bought Pedro from Barcelona at the start of the season I thought it would give Chelsea more width, with him on one side and Eden Hazard on the other, and they would open their game out a bit.

“They play through the middle too much and rely on Diego Costa up front too much. Costa, in my opinion, is nowhere near as good as people make him out to be,” Hudson told Reuters.

http://www.ngtrends.com/2015/11/mikel-is-part-of-our-problem-chelseas-club-legend-reveals/
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
Griffon:

So if you're looking at giving some kids playing time at Chelsea, you should be looking at chaps like Christensen, Pasalic and Ake, chaps who are holding down first team shirts at average good sides like Monchengladbach, Monaco and Watford.

And how would you have known this if someone somewhere did not decide to give them that chance at some point? Answer is NO WAY!
I think that just summarizes Bimfo's general point.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2015
nateevs:

And how would you have known this if someone somewhere did not decide to give them that chance at some point? Answer is NO WAY!

The question is where is the 'somewhere' though?

It can't be at a high pressure environment like the bridge.

Let them show themselves on loan first.

I remember when Bimffo used to rave about PvA. The lad is now an integral member of one of the worst defences to be seen over the last 4-5 years. Admittedly it's not all his fault, but the point stands.

Chelsea needs ready made sure things, not a bunch of maybes and could bes

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2015
nateevs:

You're missing the point sir. I'm not saying these lads don't deserve a shot at the big stage, what I am saying is that it's difficult for Chelsea to find a good environment where these chaps would go to hone their skills.

If Aina or Colkett were to spend a full season on loan at Barnet - a conference side, would you deem them good enough to feature in our plans for a new BPL season?

The top sides who're willing to accomodate these inexperienced ones aren't always knocking on our door 'cos it's a nuclear option. Chelsea as a franchise on the other hand want the best for these lads, hence we don't entertain every loan offer that come our way.

The likes of Christensen, Ake and Pasalic are fortunate enough to be where they are today. It's a matter of who's willing to have an unproven Aina or Colkett in his plan, it's a matter of 'where is the somewhere'?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by futurewise11(m): 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
Juliaann:
lol you would u say something like that?
Stop living fake life....local girl using fake picture.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2015
I just felt the need to remind you all of the one and only special one. One of us!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2015
Who sabi Coquelin before? Barkley was even a flop on loan.. Did Sterling go on loan to Barcelona before making his debut against City? Abeg abeg abeg

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
And stop using Kakuta and Jose as excuse because if anything, We destroyed those boys.... They were clearly talented......

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mourinholic:
Who sabi Coquelin before? Barkley was even a flop on loan..
Did Sterling go on loan to Barcelona before making his debut against City?
Abeg abeg abeg

When last did Everton, or Liverpool win anything?

When last did Arsenal challenge for the title? Or win anything that was not called 'FA Cup'
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nihilist:

The question is where is the 'somewhere' though?

It can't be at a high pressure environment like the bridge.

Let them show themselves on loan first.

I remember when Bimffo used to rave about PvA. The lad is now an integral member of one of the worst defences to be seen over the last 4-5 years. Admittedly it's not all his fault, but the point stands.

Chelsea needs ready made sure things, not a bunch of maybes and could bes

The idea that it cannot be at a high pressure environment will always remain subjective. Chelsea cannot be more of a high-pressure environment than Barcelona, United, Madrid and Bayern. Yet these clubs from time to time commit to giving a few kids decent minutes in competitive games. In the end, it always depends on the mentality of the current manager.

No one's asking number two and number 3 strikers to be Isaiah Brown and Dom Solanke. That would be pushing it. But as it's turned out this season, no one can tell me we would have fared worse if Patrick Bamford was chosen as no 3 striker instead of Falcao. That is one scenario where the "ready-made" ideology falls flat on its face. Some dudes who are feeling brave like me would have chosen RLC every single time this season in place of Mikel.

Many people will rave about this player and that player. 90% of them will not turn out use-able. FACT! But there are times where you can clearly see that some just have it and the right thing to do is to field them. End of!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
nateevs:

The idea that it cannot be at a high pressure environment will always remain subjective. Chelsea cannot be more of a high-pressure environment than Barcelona, United, Madrid and Bayern. Yet these clubs from time to time commit to giving a few kids decent minutes in competitive games. In the end, it always depends on the mentality of the current manager.

No one's asking number two and number 3 strikers to be Isaiah Brown and Dom Solanke. That would be pushing it. But as it's turned out this season, no one can tell me we would have fared worse if Patrick Bamford was chosen as no 3 striker instead of Falcao. That is one scenario where the "ready-made" ideology falls flat on its face. Some dudes who are feeling brave like me would have chosen RLC every single time this season in place of Mikel.

Many people will rave about this player and that player. 90% of them will not turn out use-able. FACT! But there are times where you can clearly see that some just have it and the right thing to do is to field them. End of!

Where you missed it is comparing to Chelsea to Barca, Manyoo, Bayern etc.

In terms of trophies won, those guys are the elite of the Europe.

They can afford to sacrifice a few seasons as the cost blooding in new youngsters.

We don't have that luxury. You must not forget that these guys are the benchmark. They are who we want to be.

We are the ones chasing the sheer amount of success they have achieved.

What you're suggesting is the equivalent of a O-Level holder taking a break in his education because he saw a PhD holder doing so.

We cannot afford to do that. Ignoring our poor position on the log sef, we are competing with City, Arsenal, PSG, and co to be seen as the leaders of the new school.

Arsenal that was the most pro-academy team in the EPL has only 1 genuine academy in their first team.

No stories at this level my G. If Arsene Wenger can forsake his philosophy, then the youth theory is dead. RIP

P.s Bamford is not even 3rd choice striker at Palace. They sold Glenn Murray and Bamford is still rooted to the bench. Pardew prefers a 9 goal a season beanpole up front. Bamford can play on either flank too...but he's behind a championship level winger on the bench too.

I don't want to say I told you guys so but...sorry Bimmfo_rd cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BarcaBlood: 8:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
@ nateevs, dis ur signature funny die grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) ... (19432) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Katcall, Trevor012(m), forgiveness, andrewbaba44, Demolz, cephasdultimate, Jamiuokolla, efec(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.