Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,273 members, 7,864,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:29 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10749285 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) ... (19426) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nihilist:

Where you missed it is comparing to Chelsea to Barca, Manyoo, Bayern etc.

In terms of trophies won, those guys are the elite of the Europe.

They can afford to sacrifice a few seasons as the cost blooding in new youngsters.

We don't have that luxury. You must not forget that these guys are the benchmark. They are who we want to be.

We are the ones chasing the sheer amount of success they have achieved.

What you're suggesting is the equivalent of a O-Level holder taking a break in his education because he saw a PhD holder doing so.

We cannot afford to do that. Ignoring our poor position on the log sef, we are competing with City, Arsenal, PSG, and co to be seen as the leaders of the new school.

Arsenal that was the most pro-academy team in the EPL has only 1 genuine academy in their first team.

No stories at this level my G. If Arsene Wenger can forsake his philosophy, then the youth theory is dead. RIP

P.s Bamford is not even 3rd choice striker at Palace. They sold Glenn Murray and Bamford is still rooted to the bench. Pardew prefers a 9 goal a season beanpole up front. Bamford can play on either flank too...but he's behind a championship level winger on the bench too.

I don't want to say I told you guys so but...sorry Bimmfo_rd cheesy

A bottle of Guinness for my niggi someone.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nihilist:

Where you missed it is comparing to Chelsea to Barca, Manyoo, Bayern etc.

In terms of trophies won, those guys are the elite of the Europe.

They can afford to sacrifice a few seasons as the cost blooding in new youngsters.

We don't have that luxury. You must not forget that these guys are the benchmark. They are who we want to be.

We are the ones chasing the sheer amount of success they have achieved.

What you're suggesting is the equivalent of a O-Level holder taking a break in his education because he saw a PhD holder doing so.

We cannot afford to do that. Ignoring our poor position on the log sef, we are competing with City, Arsenal, PSG, and co to be seen as the leaders of the new school.

Arsenal that was the most pro-academy team in the EPL has only 1 genuine academy in their first team.

No stories at this level my G. If Arsene Wenger can forsake his philosophy, then the youth theory is dead. RIP

P.s Bamford is not even 3rd choice striker at Palace. They sold Glenn Murray and Bamford is still rooted to the bench. Pardew prefers a 9 goal a season beanpole up front. Bamford can play on either flank too...but he's behind a championship level winger on the bench too.

I don't want to say I told you guys so but...sorry Bimmfo_rd cheesy

You deserve a Gold medal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2015
nateevs:

The idea that it cannot be at a high pressure environment will always remain subjective. Chelsea cannot be more of a high-pressure environment than Barcelona, United, Madrid and Bayern. Yet these clubs from time to time commit to giving a few kids decent minutes in competitive games. In the end, it always depends on the mentality of the current manager.
No one's asking number two and number 3 strikers to be Isaiah Brown and Dom Solanke. That would be pushing it. But as it's turned out this season, no one can tell me we would have fared worse if Patrick Bamford was chosen as no 3 striker instead of Falcao. That is one scenario where the "ready-made" ideology falls flat on its face. Some dudes who are feeling brave like me would have chosen RLC every single time this season in place of Mikel.
Many people will rave about this player and that player. 90% of them will not turn out use-able. FACT! But there are times where you can clearly see that some just have it and the right thing to do is to field them. End of!

I think i agree to some extent. it depends on the coach and some coaches are just youth averse. e.g Mourinho

When Pep was in barcelona aside Busquets and pedro whom he made regulars he also gave loads of opportunities to Tello, Bartra etc some turned out well some didnt

In a team of 11, you can easily sneak in one or 2 youngsters without it affecting the whole team play but when a Jose Mourinho even plays Carling cup with his regular 11 then you know he is a type of person, so scared of failure that he would never take any risk

Kingsley Coman that started at the expense of Arjen Robben vs Arsenal in a crucial CL match 3 days ago is just 19, He was an unwanted young player from Juve and PSG whom Pep has given the opportunity which others wont give him. He was bought for a 7M 2yr loan deal and 20M option to buy at the end of the 2yrs.

If he works out with the way he is going, and becomes a French regular and top winger in 2yrs time, he would be bought for 20M Euros while other teams would be forking out 100M for a winger on his level

David Alaba the current best Left back in the world with some margin to it played his first 90mins in a crucial CL game at Florence. Before giving Alaba the chance we were thinking of buying Tremoulinas, Taiye Taiwo, Leighton Baines even Coentrao who turned us down. Now Alaba is better than all of them put together

Look at Chelsea currently, what is both Costa and Falcao doing on the pitch(in recent times) that one of them plus a talented youngster cant do . The minutes given to Mikel which in most cases ended up being wastes why not give it to a talented youngster

I dont need to tell you about Muller one of the best forwards who was given an opportunity even when Attacking mammoths like Serie A and Buli top scorer LucaToni, Top scorer of all time in the world cup Miro Klose, Bundesliga top scorer Mario Gomez were all competing for the strikers slot.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nihilist:

When last did Everton, or Liverpool win anything?

When last did Arsenal challenge for the title? Or win anything that was not called 'FA When last did Arsenal challenge for the title? Or win anything that was not called 'FA Cup'
Its not Barkley's fault Everton isn't winning trophies...he is their best AMIts not Barkley's fault Everton isn't winning trophies...he is their best AMF....
Sterling was sold for 49m,he was LFC best player after Sterling was sold for 49m,he was LFC best player after Suarez the year they almost won
If every Arsenal player is as good as Coq in their various positions, Arsenal can do wonders......

Barkley,Coq and Sterling will make our team based on current form

Don't use that as an Excuse.....
Bayern have Rode in their team,they are winning something
Carvajal won the UCL with Madrid,playing over 70% of the matches,Jese played a part too....Now its Nacho
Barca are using Sandro,Munir,Batra and Sergi.... Aren't they winning? The four of them are the stars of the team that Boga and co destroyed both home and away in the Uefa youth cup.....

The 4 schkale boys that came to limelight at the Santiago were part of the team our boys trashed 6-0 that very season .........

They are good enough and ready
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
All this una theories wey dey fly left right and centre is only propped up by the fortunate situation we have found ourselves - having an immensely benevolent Billionaire. I doubt if the same tune will be sung if our owner was Randy Lerner.

It is also a subjective point that we are trying to be Barcelona 'only' in terms of trophies won. I do not remember what moment in time the official declaration was made. If anything, I believe we are trying to be like the elite in terms of trophies won and very importantly, the enviable STATUS of producing players from the academy. Otherwise, I would require an alternative explanation on why Roman will spend hundreds of millions on the academy to build arguably the best facilities in the land.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
nateevs:
All this una theories wey dey fly left right and centre is only propped up by the fortunate situation we have found ourselves - having an immensely benevolent Billionaire. I doubt if the same tune will be sung if our owner was Randy Lerner.

About 9 of the players in Chelsea starting 11 currently were ALL BOUGHT between 2012 and now less than 4yrs ago.

Yet fans are already clamouring for another 100's of million to be spent to buy another set again

if not for the benevolent billionaire only God knows where una for dey

Starting 11 Cortouis, Ivanovic, Terry/Zouma, Cahill, Azpi, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Costa
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
nateevs:

It is also a subjective point that we are trying to be Barcelona 'only' in terms of trophies won. I do not remember what moment in time the official declaration was made. If anything, I believe we are trying to be like the elite in terms of trophies won and very importantly, the enviable STATUS of producing players from the academy. Otherwise, I would require an alternative explanation on why Roman will spend hundreds of millions on the academy to build arguably the best facilities in the land.

Sir Nateevs,

There is quite simply no point trying to develop academy players at time when we are chasing success.

Let's actually take a closer look at all the elite teams you mentioned

Madrid - The less said about these ones, the better. These ones simply do not do youth. And they are the most successful European side.

Barca - 2nd biggest football institution in the world with a world famous academy. How many youth players have they actually produced recently? I posted an article on the shift in mentality at Barcelona a few months back. Neymar is by all definitions still a youth. That they were willing to risk reportedly over a hundred million pounds, accusations of financial impropriety and transfer embargoes to land a player in Munir's age bracket tells you all there is to know. How many academy players can even get a look in their team now?

Bayern- Government subsidised football and a guaranteed perpetual title win ensures that these guys are free to experiment...and they do.

Yes Alaba, Lahm and co are there...but can Dayo please talk about the destabilisation wrought by LVG while bringing these guys through?

No story baba. File

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 9:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
"At this point Mr Mourinho became very aggressive and animated. He shouted that you f****** referees are weak… Wenger is right about you…you are f****** weak.

Mourinho is just a senile, childish, obsessive Čunt. He is just so immature.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 9:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
.undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nihilist:
Bayern- Government subsidised football and a guaranteed perpetual title win ensures that these guys are free to experiment...and they do.

Yes Alaba, Lahm and co are there...but can Dayo please talk about the destabilisation wrought by LVG while bringing these guys through?

No story baba. File

All these are excuses. Which one is govt subsidised football?

At the time Bayern blooded Alaba, Muller etc. We were not even Buli defending champions. Between 09 and 12 when these players solidified themselves into the team a period of 4 seasons we only won the league once.

I told you the first 90mins Alaba played was vs Fiorentina in the CL second round is that also a no pressure game? Or the Coman that started vs Arsenal is that also a no pressure game? or Muller that started ALL our CL games in 2010 bar the one he missed due to suspension and we played the finals. Are those also no pressure games?

LvG brought destabilisation by upsetting the big boys but 5yrs later we dont need to buy a Left back we have Alaba, We dont need to but a striker like Muller

Both in todays market would cost almost 200M Euros and we got them for free from our academy and are guaranteed to still be at the top for the next 5yrs

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
raumdeuter:
Kingsley Coman that started at the expense of Arjen Robben vs Arsenal in a crucial CL match 3 days ago is just 19, He was an unwanted young player from Juve and PSG whom Pep has given the opportunity which others wont give him. He was bought for a 7M 2yr loan deal and 20M option to buy at the end of the 2yrs.

kingsley conman? that kid will rule the world in the next 2-3 years. how the entire scouts in the BPL missed this precocious talent is the 8th wonder of the world.

he has already won what most players cannot even dream of in their career. if he doesn't kick a ball again in his life, he is already fulfilled.

euro 2016 will be interesting. france is secretly becoming another world power in football. they have a very good team if they can keep everyone fit!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
In Spain 'FA Cup', madrid and Barcelona field mostly academy players in the early stages
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
coogar:

kingsley conman? that kid will rule the world in the next 2-3 years. how the entire scouts in the BPL missed this precocious talent is the 8th wonder of the world.

he has already won what most players cannot even dream of in their career. if he doesn't kick a ball again in his life, he is already fulfilled.

euro 2016 will be interesting. france is secretly becoming another world power in football. they have a very good team if they can keep everyone fit!

He still has problem with his passes but I think he would Iron it out

I told someone everyone is shouting Belgium when France has already become a powerhouse

Look at their players all 25yrs or younger playing top level football

------------------
Corchia----Varane---Mangala---Kurzawa
----------Kondogbia
----Pogba --Schneiderlin
--Coman---Martial--Griezmann

I am not sure of Corchia yet and who their keeper would be but the rest are all under 25 playing at top clubs and still in most cases not fully reached their potentials

Not forgetting players like Benzema, Matuidi, Lacazette, Ntep and Flauvin

If France doesnt win the next Euros they are strong favourite for the world cup
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2015
----------------lloris-------------
--sagna - varane - koscielny - evra--
-------------schneiderlin--------------
--------matuidi------pogba----------
--coman-----martial----griezmann--

they still have benzema, fekir, lacazette, laporte, zouma, digne, payet, mangala, giroud, etc chilling somewhere.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cristiano Ronaldo's best five young players in the world list: Eden Hazard Ødegaard Depay Pogba Neymar

Munir and Musa slightly miss out

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

All these are excuses. Which one is govt subsidised football?

At the time Bayern blooded Alaba, Muller etc. We were not even Buli defending champions. Between 09 and 12 when these players solidified themselves into the team a period of 4 seasons we only won the league once.

I told you the first 90mins Alaba played was vs Fiorentina in the CL second round is that also a no pressure game? Or the Coman that started vs Arsenal is that also a no pressure game? or Muller that started ALL our CL games in 2010 bar the one he missed due to suspension and we played the finals. Are those also no pressure games?

LvG wrought destabilisation by upsetting the big boys but 5yrs later we dont need to buy a Left back we have Alaba, We dont need to but a striker like Muller

Both in todays market would cost almost 200M Euros and we got them for free from our academy and are guaranteed to still be at the top for the next 5yrs

Your answer has been given already.

Nihilist: the big boys can afford to sacrifice a few seasons to blood some youngsters. We can't.

Besides, your examples up there actually validate my point. Maybe that's why you guys have only 1 UCL title in the last 10 years- Same as Porto.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
coogar:

I know you have a thing for good youngsters,but I don't think Coman will be a world beater. .....Still young though
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nihilist:

Your answer has been given already.

Nihilist: the big boys can afford to sacrifice a few seasons to blood some youngsters. We can't.

Besides, your examples up there actually validate my point. Maybe that's why you guys have only 1 UCL title in the last 10 years- Same as Porto.

List the clubs that have more than 1 CL in the past 10yrs So we can know where we stand

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2015
coogar:
----------------lloris-------------
--sagna - varane - koscielny - evra--
-------------schneiderlin--------------
--------matuidi------pogba----------
--coman-----martial----griezmann--

they still have benzema, fekir, lacazette, laporte, zouma, digne, payet, mangala, giroud, etc chilling somewhere.

I even forgot Laporte and Zouma sef. And I was limiting to players under 25 just to underline how bright the future is for the French
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mourinholic:

I know you have a thing for good youngsters,but I don't think Coman will be a world beater. .....Still young though

he's better than hazard.....
the misplaced passes are just teething problems every world class winger went through. this lad is only 19!

19 for fück's sake!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

List the clubs that have more than 1 CL in the past 10yrs So we can know where we stand

Not sure what the point of that is...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nihilist:

Not sure what the point of that is...

You need to know those who are doing better than the 1 CL in the past 10yrs to know where you stand.

And the reality is that you dont sacrifice any year blooding youngsters

Barca won a treble the year they blooded Busquets, Bayern made the CL finals they blooded Alaba and Muller, Even Man Utd made won the CL the years the gave debuts to Most of the Beckham-Scholes set even in 2003 they got Ronaldo they still won the league and CR7 developed to help them win more leagues and CL

So explain to us the few seasons they are sacrificing to develop youth
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BarcaBlood: 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mourinholic:
Cristiano Ronaldo's best five young players in
the world list: Eden Hazard Ødegaard Depay
Pogba Neymar

so u were expecting them to make the list?

cr7 didn't put isco sef, and if messi was 5 years younger, he still won't put him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
coogar:
the misplaced passes are just teething problems every world class winger went through. this lad is only 19!

19 for fück's sake!

I have a feeling Coman would come out good, Some Juve fans are already abusing their management for selling him, Blanc recently came out to moan about releasing him from PSG

This season alone, Coman has 4 CL assists in 175mins. Thats more assists than Hazard has in the CL since Mourinho came to Chelsea

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 10:03pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mourinholic:
Pogba Neymar

I hope I don't see you insulting Depay tomorrow.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
coogar:

19 for fück's sake!
Is there any organism no better than Hazard?
I saw cleverly at 19 phew...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
homesteady:

I hope I don't see you insulting Depay tomorrow.
That's Ronaldo's opinion, just like dopejemi or anyone else...... The fact that Odegaard made the list is enough
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mourinholic:
Pogba Neymar

At almost 25yrs hazard is still being referred to as a young player? Na wa o. Is it because his style of play is still like a youth team immature player?

When Ronaldo was hazards age, he was a CL winner, A CL finalist, A WPOTY winner , The most expensive player in the world

i doubt anyone would call him a young player then

Maybe when hazard is 30 they would still refer to him as young player
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
homesteady:
In Spain 'FA Cup', madrid and Barcelona field mostly academy players in the early stages
Something Mourinho will never do.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 10:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
BarcaBlood:

so u were expecting them to make the list?

cr7 didn't put isco sef, and if messi was 5 years younger, he still won't put him
Tell us anyone who had Munir on their young players list........ just 1? stop disgracing yourself
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 10:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

At almost 25yrs hazard is still being referred to as a young player? Na wa o. Is it because his style of play is still like a youth team immature player?

When Ronaldo was hazards age, he was a CL winner, A CL finalist, A WPOTY winner , The most expensive player in the world

i doubt anyone would call him a young player then

Maybe when hazard is 30 they would still refer to him as young player
Forget it Man,M not going that lane tonight
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

I have a feeling Coman would come out good, Some Juve fans are already abusing their management for selling him, Blanc recently came out to moan about releasing him from PSG

This season alone, Coman has 4 CL assists in 175mins. Thats more assists than Hazard has in the CL since Mourinho came to Chelsea
Chai! Hazard don suffer.cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) ... (19426) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AlphaNugget(m), Jamiuokolla, popizaino(m), Trevor012(m), fredoooooo, Ihebu4chelsea(m), hensben(m), chic2pimp(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.