Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,106 members, 7,860,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18785) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10723604 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18782) (18783) (18784) (18785) (18786) (18787) (18788) ... (19388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bluelines69: 6:12pm On Feb 18
Luton guarantees entertainment, I’ll want them to stay
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:25pm On Feb 18
Men be sleeping on Holjund.

Confirm FPL asset.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:29pm On Feb 18
Jodera:

The only clean chance man city had was the one Haaland nodded over the bar. Chelsea top had with Sterling and Jackson. Fans suppose beat those two ystdy

Header in the 11th minute over the bar
Side foot off target 50th minute
The free header in 77th
Before we count the chances that were blocked

Haaland's night to forget
Erling Haaland broke the record for the highest xG in a Premier League game this season without scoring.

Shots - 9

Big chances - 3

Expected goals - 1.71

Goals - 0

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Caicedobets(m): 6:37pm On Feb 18
swiz123:

I don't understand all these secondary school arguments at all. Colwill foolishly allowed Haaland two free headers and because he missed, we are here praising defence.

Silva and Colwill are two cowards who has cost us tremendous amount of goals this season and they want me to absolve them of any blame and blame only the attack.

Our attack is shitt, our defence is shitt, our midfield is shitt, that is why we are a terrible team.
that colwill especially..
Nigga defends like a woman
Like he has no bones or something despite being six feet tall

Most of the chances we concede comes from him.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 6:46pm On Feb 18
raumdeuter:

Header in the 11th minute over the bar
Side foot off target 50th minute
The free header in 77th
Before we count the chances that were blocked

Haaland's night to forget
Erling Haaland broke the record for the highest xG in a Premier League game this season without scoring.

Shots - 9

Big chances - 3

Expected goals - 1.71

Goals - 0
The only clear cut chance is that 77th minute header. The rest is just a 50/50 and the side foot is even laughable because it would be very difficult to score in that situation.

None was clear as Chelsea's clear cut chances

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:55pm On Feb 18
Griffon:

Confirm FPL asset.

E be like say afrodoc2 get am for him team sef.

I don already put am for watch list.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 7:06pm On Feb 18
timbros:

E be like say afrodoc2 get am for him team sef.

I don already put am for watch list.

Toney have been flattering to deceive. Na to drop him after this GW. Holjund has found some degree of form.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:28pm On Feb 18
patrickmuf:
A good attack will mean the opposition commits fewer bodies in attack. This Chelsea defence would concede less if they had Haaland, KDB and Foden in front.

If you factor in the economics of scale, you'd first address the issue of attack as far as the current Chelsea team is concerned before talking about defence.

It is only a blind man that would disagree with you.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Aturitoroman: 7:32pm On Feb 18
Aturitoroman:

Nagglesman 84 games 60 wins 14 draws 10loss(sacked)

Tuchains- 43games 28wins 5 draw 10 loss
Another loss for tuchel, 3 straight L
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:33pm On Feb 18
Griffon:

Toney have been flattering to deceive. Na to drop him after this GW. Holjund has found some degree of form.

It won't be hard now, his EO will blow over the roof.

Na early birds go enjoy am.

Toney have not been bad since his come back.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:34pm On Feb 18
Omo see Bayern o

Abeg congrats to Leverkusen

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 7:35pm On Feb 18
Aturitoroman:
grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:36pm On Feb 18
Aturitoroman:

Dayo grin Upamecano

2 red cards in 2 matches back to back.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 7:36pm On Feb 18
when I told some folks that even if we kept tuchel our situation would still been the same they called me a madman.

defenders were our highest goal scorers under him ,he made no use of attackers which is a huge red flag.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 7:39pm On Feb 18
Griffon:

Confirm FPL asset.

I’m getting him and selling Haaland tbh. Provide enough funds for Salah.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 7:40pm On Feb 18
timbros:

Dayo grin Upamecano

2 red cards in 2 matches back to back.

At this point, one would think it’s a skit grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:40pm On Feb 18
timbros:
The same way Sterling and Jackson was missing goals yesterday was exactly the same way Werner, Pulisic and co was missing goals in UCL final.

Why are we not discussing those missed chances today? Because the defence was able to close shop and kept City attackers at bay, keeping a clean sheet.

If we had kept a clean sheet yesterday, only a few minority will be discussing Sterling and Jackson missed chances. The whole majority of discussion would have been defensive heroics, just as it was in UCL final.

Conversely, if City had equalised and won that UCL final, that's when everyone will focus on those missed chances by Werner, Pulisic and Co.

If you for a second think that a balanced team is not important in football, you need your head examined.

We would still had talked about those misses if we had kept a clean sheet.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:42pm On Feb 18
Ballzproblem2:
when I told some folks that even if we kept tuchel our situation would still been the same they called me a madman.

defenders were our highest goal scorers under him ,he made no use of attackers which is a huge red flag.

Oga move on.

Whether you like it or not, Tuchel is a Chelsea legend. Took us to multiple finals. Won us multiple trophies. Even got us a trophy we have never lifted before in our history.

You can never discuss Chelsea and trophy without mentioning Thomas Tuchel.

Move on already.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:43pm On Feb 18
Leyqute:

At this point, one would think it’s a skit grin

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:44pm On Feb 18
popizaino:

We would still had talked about those misses if we had kept a clean sheet.

The same way we always talk about Werner and Pulisic when discussing UCL final.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:45pm On Feb 18
Leyqute:

I’m getting him and selling Haaland tbh. Provide enough funds for Salah.

Sell Haaland at your peril.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:45pm On Feb 18
timbros:

There is no way you will twist this talk that you can argue against a balanced team.

Mourinho will disagree with this your theory. And he has the trophies to show as evidence.

Tighten your defence first. The attack will get their opportunities. Counter attack, set piece etc.... But first make sure your defence is impenetrable.

As a United fan, I'm sure you watched your Europa league triumph against Ajax. The game ended 2-0 abi? On paper, on would say United is the attacking team, after all they won 2-0. But you watched the game. You know how it played out.

There are tons of examples where coaches priotise defence first, and was successful.

I don't know why you will say '...as far as the current Chelsea team is concerned...'

We score goals! We have scored more goals than United this season (haven't checked the table as at right now though) but United is far on top of us in the table. Why? Only one answer, our defence.

He really tightened Roma's defence and that's why they extended his contract till you will come for him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:47pm On Feb 18
popizaino:

He really tightened Roma's defence and that's why they extended his contract till you will come for him.

Continue cherry picking.

He coached only Roma in his career.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:49pm On Feb 18
timbros:

At bolded... Okay having analysed yesterday's game, can you now use Wolves game as an example too?

I'm interested to hear your view on that game considering the fact we are at home, we scored first, we scored more than one goal, Wolves is not a traditional big 6.

What went wrong?

We didn't dominate Wolves game. It is easier to win when you dominate than look for an unlikely win when you don't dominate. Chelsea have dominated games were they should have easily won but because the attack let us down,we ended up losing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 7:51pm On Feb 18
timbros:

Oga move on.

Whether you like it or not, Tuchel is a Chelsea legend. Took us to multiple finals. Won us multiple trophies. Even got us a trophy we have never lifted before in our history.

You can never discuss Chelsea and trophy without mentioning Thomas Tuchel.

Move on already.
why would I move on when some people were clamouring for him as if he will change our current position? we need a coach with fresh tactics.

coaches like tuchel ,poch , Mourinho are all old school their pattern won't take you anywhere.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:51pm On Feb 18
popizaino:

We didn't dominate Wolves game. It is easier to win when you dominate than look for an unlikely win when you don't dominate. Chelsea have dominated games were they should have easily won but because the attack let us down,we ended up losing.

Shame on you for this comment.

I give up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:51pm On Feb 18
timbros:

Both have let us down equally. No balance in the team.

You no go ever gree with your strong head like Duncan Mighty own.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 7:52pm On Feb 18
timbros:

Sell Haaland at your peril.

I’m really considering selling him. For 14.4pts he should be delivering steadily. Not once in 3 games or so.

Plus he doesn’t look as sharp as he used to be.

Still 50-50 tho. If he performs well versus Brentford, I’ll axe Toney instead.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:53pm On Feb 18
Ballzproblem2:
why would I move on when some people were clamouring for him as if he will change our current position? we need a coach with fresh tactics.

coaches like tuchel ,poch , Mourinho are all old school their pattern won't take you anywhere.

Okay na. Continue dwelling on the past.

Make Tuchel name no comot from your mouth o.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:57pm On Feb 18
Leyqute:

I’m really considering selling him. For 14.4pts he should be delivering steadily. Not once in 3 games or so.

Plus he doesn’t look as sharp as he used to be.

Still 50-50 tho. If he performs well versus Brentford, I’ll axe Toney instead.

He is just coming back from injury. Haaland EO is too high to risk not having him. Anytime her hauls, you will be badly affected because almost everyone has him. If he blanks, everyone will be affected too.

After BGW26, I'll look for a way to get Salah back in to my team. Haaland and Salah are very essential. Even Son sef.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:58pm On Feb 18
popizaino:

You no go ever gree with your strong head like Duncan Mighty own.

cheesy

I pity any team you mistakenly coach.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Realtord43: 8:12pm On Feb 18
Ballzproblem2:

So you think with Tuchel stil at chelsea, we will be rooted in 10th?

(1) (2) (3) ... (18782) (18783) (18784) (18785) (18786) (18787) (18788) ... (19388) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: USAfall2024, Singapore1(m), PendragonVII and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.