Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,917 members, 7,848,704 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:02 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18786) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10681812 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18783) (18784) (18785) (18786) (18787) (18788) (18789) ... (19343) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:17pm On Feb 18
timbros:

The attack did their job by scoring. Did the defence do their own job to not concede?

If your goalkeeper caught 19 penalties out of possible 20,and your striker failed to score 9 penalties out of 10,will you pat your striker on the back and lynch your goalkeeper for not saving all 20?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:22pm On Feb 18
raumdeuter:

Your scenario works if Chelsea buries their chances and City miss all theirs

So what do you think happens if Haaland buries all the open chances he was getting

Stats yesterday showed City had overwhelming more shots on/off target

Did start tell you who had the better/easier chances in front of goal between both attacks ?

Emphasis on better/easier.

Talking about stats,i hope you will one day be bold enough to tell us Saka was better than Ronaldo in EPL using this stats.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 8:30pm On Feb 18
timbros:

He is just coming back from injury. Haaland EO is too high to risk not having him. Anytime her hauls, you will be badly affected because almost everyone has him. If he blanks, everyone will be affected too.

After BGW26, I'll look for a way to get Salah back in to my team. Haaland and Salah are very essential. Even Son sef.

Son overperforms his xG. And Salah looks like he’ll be the face of Liverpool’s new attack.

Looking at their teams, Liverpool seems likely to score more goals. So Salah is the go-to choice.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:53pm On Feb 18
popizaino:

Did start tell you who had the better/easier chances in front of goal between both attacks ?

Talking about stats,i hope you will one day be bold enough to tell us Saka was better than Ronaldo in EPL using this stats.

I expect someone that went to school to analyze stats better.

Is this all the goals Ronaldo had in all competitions for Man utd before moving to Madrid? Or what can that number prove to anyone including you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 9:38pm On Feb 18
It's one thing having a good defense but they need to be consistent..Pov our Ucl triumph with Tuchel or Pep's title winning teams.

You can't be changing your back-4 everyweek whilst parading silva in your starting Xi now & expect teams to take you serious.

Our attack will need about 10 chances just to score 1 which is very poor. God punish sterling & Jackson personally( this one pass deliverance).

S/o Cowill his passing is crisp but positioning while defending esp in the box needs improvement.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:56pm On Feb 18
swiz123:

The same defence lead by your crush Silva shamelessly let in 4 scores against City the last time.

Guess who scored those 4 undecided

We didn't dominate City,we are talking about games we dominated and unable to make our dominance count.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:56pm On Feb 18
swiz123:

I don't understand all these secondary school arguments at all. Colwill foolishly allowed Haaland two free headers and because he missed, we are here praising defence.

Silva and Colwill are two cowards who has cost us tremendous amount of goals this season and they want me to absolve them of any blame and blame only the attack.

Our attack is shitt, our defence is shitt, our midfield is shitt, that is why we are a terrible team.

OK.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:57pm On Feb 18
Jodera:

The only clean chance man city had was the one Haaland nodded over the bar. Chelsea top had with Sterling and Jackson. Fans suppose beat those two ystdy

You get time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:59pm On Feb 18
Ballzproblem2:
when I told some folks that even if we kept tuchel our situation would still been the same they called me a madman.

defenders were our highest goal scorers under him ,he made no use of attackers which is a huge red flag.

They said we should wait till he get a better team,i guess bayern is not a better team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 10:23pm On Feb 18
popizaino:

They said we should wait till he get a better team,i guess bayern is not a better team.
I'm telling you grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 10:24pm On Feb 18
Realtord43:
So you think with Tuchel stil at chelsea, we will be rooted in 10th?
yes plus he horrible talent ID that got us bums like Sterling,cucurella,koulibaly.

in fact 10 will be a luxury
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:25pm On Feb 18
The three musketeers (Timbros, Popizaino and Airmark) should allow us breeeeeeeeeve

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:48pm On Feb 18
Leyqute:

I’m getting him and selling Haaland tbh. Provide enough funds for Salah.

Don’t. That’ll be a bad move.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 11:23pm On Feb 18
My question is, is the league competitive? Can other teams potentially win the league? Notice nobody's talking about City squad or how much was spent on it.

If you come back after City have done the 4-peat to bring up the foregoing arguments, God will punish you.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 11:37pm On Feb 18
swiz123:

I don't understand all these secondary school arguments at all. Colwill foolishly allowed Haaland two free headers and because he missed, we are here praising defence.

Silva and Colwill are two cowards who has cost us tremendous amount of goals this season and they want me to absolve them of any blame and blame only the attack.

Our attack is shitt, our defence is shitt, our midfield is shitt, that is why we are a terrible team.

I'm honestly puzzled as to the back and forth.

Anyway, the answer to all the exchanges may be in the links below. Extrapolate against our current position on the table and maybe the culprit can be chosen

https://footystats.org/england/premier-league/goals-scored-table

https://footystats.org/england/premier-league/goals-conceded-table
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:51pm On Feb 18
airmark:

Which team had more clear cut chances in the match?

Weekly, we are always topping the big chances missed chart. But no, you must mislead Timbros.

So if we missed 9 less big chances, making us equal with City at 40, would we be instantly on par on league points with City?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 11:55pm On Feb 18
User09:

I'm honestly puzzled as to the back and forth.

Anyway, the answer to all the exchanges may be in the links below. Extrapolate against our current position on the table and maybe the culprit can be chosen

https://footystats.org/england/premier-league/goals-scored-table

https://footystats.org/england/premier-league/goals-conceded-table

Anybody claiming not to know that our defence is worse than our attack is being mischievous.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Theuniverse: 12:37am On Feb 19
so na toney pochetino want to sign. mediocre low level coach. wants to take us to totenham mediocrity level. thankfully boehly no day listen to the idiot on player signings. vivell and co in charge. osimhen or manage Jackson.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:58am On Feb 19
nateevs:

So if we missed 9 less big chances, making us equal with City at 40, would we be instantly on par on league points with City?

It's feasible.

Let's assume :

We converted 1 big chance each in both legs against Mnc, that's 4 points added to ours and 2 points deducted from theirs - Che - 39 pts Mnc - 51 pts

Converted 1 big chance each against Arsenal, Bournemouth and Liverpool -
Che - 45 pts Mnc - 51 pts

Converted 2 big chances each against Nottingham forest and Man UTD -
Che - 51 pts Mnc - 51 pts.

Nobody will be looking for nonsense balance in defence.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 3:41am On Feb 19
If you watch our matches this season and think our defence is our biggest issue, then I doubt you understand anything football.
Was it not on this pages we were all lamenting our inability to break down low blocks? thesame attack that the likes of mudryk and madueke turn over the ball like the ball is a lava on their feet? The same attack that the player with the best hold up ability is Jackson ?
Or you think when we complain of our attackers , it's cos they are not taking all their chances ? It's more than that , Which of the attackers in our ranks can consistently beat their man in a 1 vs 1 situation ? Which of the attackers in our team can the defenders punt the ball to and relieve team of pressure without turning it over??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kenturkey048(m): 4:21am On Feb 19
timbros:

It's interesting to know who the stupeed one is right now grin grin
I don't know where this is coming from..

But if it's partaining super eagles and AFCON.. Na you get the position of stupeed one..

Those boys performance were strictly based on their passion to make Nigeria proud, and nothing to do with that clueless coach...

Zero technicality, and always confused on how to make changes to switch game plan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:58am On Feb 19
popizaino:

Ronaldo stay in epl was overrated, he only had one good season in epl which is 2007/08. If not for Terry that missed penalty after cr7 missed too he wouldn’t have won balon d’ or that season.
Generally, cr7 was overrated by the media since he can generate attention for them they had to be comparing him with Messi.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:07am On Feb 19
popizaino:

If your goalkeeper caught 19 penalties out of possible 20,and your striker failed to score 9 penalties out of 10,will you pat your striker on the back and lynch your goalkeeper for not saving all 20?

Which match have you ever witnessed 19 or 20 PK taken in the course of 90mins?

I don't answer stupid questions.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:10am On Feb 19
Leyqute:

Son overperforms his xG. And Salah looks like he’ll be the face of Liverpool’s new attack.

Looking at their teams, Liverpool seems likely to score more goals. So Salah is the go-to choice.

I use to have all three (Haaland, Salah and Son) in my team before Asian Cup and AFCON. I distributed the $ across my team. Now I'll be hard to bring both back in. Salah is my priority to come back in for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:21am On Feb 19
airmark:

It's feasible.

Let's assume :

We converted 1 big chance each in both legs against Mnc, that's 4 points added to ours and 2 points deducted from theirs - Che - 39 pts Mnc - 51 pts

Converted 1 big chance each against Arsenal, Bournemouth and Liverpool -
Che - 45 pts Mnc - 51 pts

Converted 2 big chances each against Nottingham forest and Man UTD -
Che - 51 pts Mnc - 51 pts.

Nobody will be looking for nonsense balance in defence.

You are irredeemable.

Can you talk facts? Did a 4 year old stole your phone to type these jargon?

Which kind of assumptions is this? Assuming assuming assuming assuming.... So other teams will remain stagnant while Chelsea will convert more chances here and there? Why not outrightly assume Chelsea have won 25 matches played so far? That will be 75 points!

Who do you this thing airmark?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:56am On Feb 19
timbros:

You are irredeemable.

Can you talk facts? Did a 4 year old stole your phone to type these jargon?

Which kind of assumptions is this? Assuming assuming assuming assuming.... So other teams will remain stagnant while Chelsea will convert more chances here and there? Why not outrightly assume Chelsea have won 25 matches played so far? That will be 75 points!

Who do you this thing airmark?

The post wasn't for you as you could see that the question asked was directed to me and the person didn't throw in any other variables.

This is above you, shut up.

nateevs:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:07am On Feb 19
kingBolton:
If you watch our matches this season and think our defence is our biggest issue, then I doubt you understand anything football.
Was it not on this pages we were all lamenting our inability to break down low blocks? thesame attack that the likes of mudryk and madueke turn over the ball like the ball is a lava on their feet? The same attack that the player with the best hold up ability is Jackson ?
Or you think when we complain of our attackers , it's cos they are not taking all their chances ? It's more than that , Which of the attackers in our ranks can consistently beat their man in a 1 vs 1 situation ? Which of the attackers in our team can the defenders punt the ball to and relieve team of pressure without turning it over??

I tire o.

I doubt if because of consistent poor performances, anyone had wished any of our defenders, death before.

Those big chances our attackers missed consistently, are terrible. Most of points dropped are because of them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:30am On Feb 19
popizaino:

You get time.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:39am On Feb 19
larride:

Read this to someone beside you and ask them if it’s an achievement or not. There’s still 62% part of the IGR that’s not PAYE oh. grin

Meanwhile Alpha beta also consult for Abia, Imo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto, Kano, Plateau and Nasarawa states and have commenced operation in Ghana and Sierra Lone. cool

Hey bro.. How's the Alpha gamma abi beta consult going😁

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by USAfall2024: 9:56am On Feb 19
hensben:
Ronaldo stay in epl was overrated, he only had one good season in epl which is 2007/08. If not for Terry that missed penalty after cr7 missed too he wouldn’t have won balon d’ or that season.
Generally, cr7 was overrated by the media since he can generate attention for them they had to be comparing him with Messi.

Then I guess Hazard's years in EPL was also overrated going by comparison of their individual awards/performance? The joke is on anyone who can't accept Ronaldo's dominance at United @20-24 years. Show us any of your non-overrated attacker's back2back EPL POTY then we can have a conversation grin.

P.S: Same Ronaldo still left EPL @24 for Madrid and conquered Europe/the World, then came back close to retirement age. But silly fans like you will still compare him to players like Hazard/Salah/Saka who had their prime years and peak career only in England. Abeg make una dead all these Ronaldo vs current EPL superstars cos them no be mates cry.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 10:24am On Feb 19
Nobody thought he would come good

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 10:28am On Feb 19
This attack and defence argument,.the gospel truth is we need good attacker than defender.

We 99% need attackers, while the only defensive changes we make this summer is to sign Silva's replacement and another defender for squad depth.

But you see center forward and left wing we need am die. Sterling and mudryk no follow at all

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (18783) (18784) (18785) (18786) (18787) (18788) (18789) ... (19343) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hatakekakashi, Ibime(m), akwesenana and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.