Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10484718 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (19138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2016
donjazet:
^^^^^
grin leave them, some will be forming angel!! Some pple will not react differently from the way Sam reacted. Money is money and it is difficult to turn it down when it comes your way..

As for these media/reporters that are forming detectives,, there have been lots of cases of them using incriminating pictures and stories to blackmail players/coaches and celebrities for money.. This pple pay huge sums to the journalist to bury stories.. When you don't play ball. The story is leaked and the persons image is damaged..

I would hate to see anyone disgrace or insult big Sam because common let's face it.. We all have secrets, terrible mistakes we may have made or beliefs which if revealed could also damage reputation.. No one is pure and as such it would be hypocritical of us to slander sam for considering bribe or thinking of breaking a law.
Just saying!!!

landinfo:

Gbam!!!!! U said my mind
We are hypocrites good @ criticisms but turn our eyes on the evils/sins we commit daily esp our pasts~~~who has not sinned, oya cast all the stones nah.
I always hope spies/snitches are dealt with even in death...private yarnings/ off-the-record shld stay buried, but were it a public forum or conference, then BigSam is guilty

The above is why Nigeria and Nigerians wont move forward.

This is the reason a politician will steal Billions and people like the above will say because i stole 10naira before one time like that, I wont blame or criticise him. gbogbo wa ni ole. Such nonsense.

What is wrong is wrong, it does not matter who is saying it. If i do something wrong in the future and someone of less moral standing calls me out for being wrong, as long as i am wrong, i am wrong. Even Big sam accepted that he's crossed the line.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
lalaboi:

The above is why Nigeria and Nigerians wont move forward.

This is the reason a politician will steal Billions and people like the above will say because i stole 10naira before one time like that, I wont blame or criticise him. gbogbo wa ni ole. Such nonsense.

What is wrong is wrong, it does not matter who is saying it. If i do something wrong in the future and someone of less moral standing calls me out for being wrong, as long as i am wrong, i am wrong. Even Big sam accepted that he's crossed the line.

Try to understand ones perspective before replying. kiss
Nobody is justifying what big Sam did. Everybody agrees it was unethical but what is wrong is pple fully and boldly castigating, insulting or instigating him for something like this.

Sincerely if you had been offered 400k, can you boldly say you won't at least think about it??
I am simply against the hypocrisy.. What he did or say is not unheard of.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2016
donjazet:

Try to understand ones perspective before replying. kiss
Nobody is justifying what big Sam did. Everybody agrees it was unethical but what is wrong is pple fully and boldly castigating, insulting or instigating him for something like this.

Sincerely if you had been offered 400k, can you boldly say you won't at least think about it??
I am simply against the hypocrisy.. What he did or say is not unheard of.

Perhaps it is the way you are wording your intentions (not like I understand it anyway). Everything you are typing seems like you are condoning what Sam did. At the very least, it looks like you are asking people not to talk about what he did because no one is clean. Either way, that's not how society should work. That's not how England works.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
There is no condoning what the greedy man did. He had the opportunity of his life at his dream job and within weeks he was already scheming to continue his dirty deals.
This is a man who has been the target of investigations before when he was a low-level mid-club manager, now appointed to the most coveted job in the land and he didn't have the self control or even just the common sense to tame his corrupt desires.....for even one month!
If being a saint is what is required to pass judgement on people or to acknowledge wrongdoing then kleptocrats, armed robbers and serial killers e.t.c would all go scot free.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2016
afrodoc2:

There is no condoning what the greedy man did. He had the opportunity of his life at his dream job and within weeks he was already scheming to continue his dirty deals.
This is a man who has been the target of investigations before when he was a low-level mid-club manager, now appointed to the most coveted job in the land and he didn't have the self control or even just the common sense to tame his corrupt desires.....for even one month!
If being a saint is what is required to pass judgement on people or to acknowledge wrongdoing then kleptocrats, armed robbers and serial killers e.t.c would all go scot free.

LOL there's a daily mail exposé on Big Sam today. Go to their site and look at it.

CC Funlord sinizia

Big Sam no go kill person I swear grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
Nihilist:

LOL there's a daily mail exposé on Big Sam today. Go to their site and look at it.

CC Funlord sinizia

Is it the article by Martin Samuel?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2016
afrodoc2:

Is it the article by Martin Samuel?

Nah.

Martin Samuel does opinion pieces.

This one was an investigative, reputation-destroying hatchet job by some dude called Guy Adams. grin

Rooney name follow enter as Sam's alleged business partner

The article was questioning whether fat Sam would be able to drop his business partner from the England team regardless of how badly he played
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by funlord(m): 7:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
grin
Nihilist:

CC Funlord sinizia

He is now the big fatSAMaritan!

What a plonker!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2016
raumdeuter:
As chelsea fans are debating their clubs performance and way forward. We wont see airmark here? Is it because he is too dull or did you send him on exile?

Werey pa ramuzaki, next time i comment, dont worry i will bring megaphone and announce on your thread. I put 2000 grand make your bayern team and atletico give me 9 corners , thats whats on my mind now. Anything less, boathand is in trouble if he messes up today.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:47pm On Sep 28, 2016
airmark:

Werey pa ramuzaki, next time i comment, dont worry i will bring megaphone and announce on your thread. I put 2000 grand make your bayern team and atletico give me 9 corners , thats whats on my mind now. Anything less, boathand is in trouble if he messes up today.

Chelsea fans are here debating about their club, what is your contribution?

You have not missed a day of posting in the past 1 week, Infact in the past 1 week you would have had over 50posts,

Quote 3 of your posts on this Chelsea thread since last Thursday Sept 22 that is related to football

To show you are not a waste of a fan. Did Chelsea fans send you on exile?

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2016
LoRdCaT:
see troublemaker grin

Did they ban him from posting on his favourite teams thread?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:01pm On Sep 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

[s]Chelsea fans are here debating about their club, what is your contribution?

You have not missed a day of posting in the past 1 week, Infact in the past 1 week you would have had over 50posts,

Quote 3 of your posts on this Chelsea thread since last Thursday Sept 22 that is related to football

To show you are not a waste of a fan. Did Chelsea fans send you on exile?[/s]

This your love for chelsea's progress is impressive. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2016
airmark:
This your love for chelsea's progress is impressive. cheesy

Its your team its shocking we are not seeing your contribution on the team thread did they expel you from the thread

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
airmark:

Congrats bro, 10 corners gan gan....Ow far, ow u go send my own share, I need am badly.

Dollars is now 400+, at all at all, na hin bad.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Congrats bro, 10 corners gan gan....Ow far, ow u go send my own share, I need am badly.

Dollars is now 400+, at all at all, na hin bad.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:30pm On Sep 28, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
If we don't buy back Thorgan Hazard for just 15m in January and give Willian back as Thanksgiving offering to Gladbach for Andreas and Thorgan,I will be mad

Even if Christensen wore a towel to that game he had still find a way to pocket Suarez and Neymar,and some chelsea still rate Cahill

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 28, 2016
bigkesh:
If we don't buy back Thorgan Hazard for just 15m in January and give Willian back as Thanksgiving offering to Gladbach for Andreas and Thorgan,I will be mad

Even if Christensen wore a towel to that game he had still find a way to pocket Suarez and Neymar,and some chelsea still rate Cahill
You guys ain't the owner of Dahoud right?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 2:58am On Sep 29, 2016
bykebyke:

Na. We ain't.

The guy is good though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 6:20am On Sep 29, 2016
bykebyke:

We will soon be
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 6:22am On Sep 29, 2016
Bimffo:

Na. We ain't.

The guy is good though.
The guy dealt with Barca's midfield.... Thank God Liverpool didn't get him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 7:59am On Sep 29, 2016
bigkesh:

We will soon be

Please think of the Club we will Loan him to.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 8:03am On Sep 29, 2016
Bimffo:

grin grin True yarns
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 8:13am On Sep 29, 2016
Bimffo:

Granada.....He should learn some more before he can be able to play back up to Matic
Who needs Dahoud by the way when you have Nemanja,jogging and 2-3 assists per season guaranteed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:08am On Sep 29, 2016
Bimffo:

No need to think. Vitesse. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:37am On Sep 29, 2016
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, the Queens Park Rangers manager, negotiated a fee of £55,000 to act as an ambassador for a sports company that proposed selling players to his club, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.

The former Chelsea striker agreed to fly to Singapore to speak to investors in a Far Eastern firm that was seeking to be involved in the transfer of players.

He told undercover reporters posing as representatives of the firm: “Look, just try to make me happy… come up with a nice figure.”

It comes after the Telegraph disclosed that the England manager Sam Allardyce negotiated a £400,000 per year deal to represent the same company, which in reality was a fictitious firm whose representatives were undercover reporters.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink during a meeting with Telegraph undercover reporters in London earlier this month
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink during a meeting with Telegraph undercover reporters in London earlier this month CREDIT: TELEGRAPH
Hasselbaink, 44, held two meetings with an undercover reporter at which he discussed meeting investors in the company and potentially signing players they represented.

He was told the Far East firm wanted to become involved in the transfer of players. But the Championship manager saw that as no barrier to working with the firm, and was open to the idea of signing players they represented, despite the apparent conflict of interest with his job at QPR.

He would potentially have been spending his club’s money on players represented by a company that was paying him.

During a low-key meeting with an undercover reporter and the soccer agent Scott McGarvey at a branch of Pret a Manger in west London, on August 25, Hasselbaink discussed terms as he sipped a cup of green tea.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, pictured when he was named the new QPR manager in December 2015
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, pictured when he was named the new QPR manager in December 2015 CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES
McGarvey told him: “I can go anywhere I want, travel the world and sign some good young players… I want to bring you a player, it’s got to be right, everything’s gonna be done properly and it’s got to be looked after properly, and you’ve got no headache.”

The agent said the undercover reporter representing the fictitious Far East firm was “going to be an integral part of this, with me”, adding: “I’ve got a list of players I’d like to talk to you about. You don’t want a centre forward do you?” Hasselbaink replied that he did need a centre forward, as well as players in other positions.

Then the conversation turned to the “business” of Hasselbaink flying to Singapore to deliver a talk to investors in the firm. The Dutchman said: “You said the word business. That’s all, it’s business, so it depends what you put down, you know… at the end of the day, it has to be worthwhile to go all [that] way…”

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink reacts during the Sky Bet Championship match between Huddersfield Town and QPR on September 17 CREDIT: REX/SHUTTERSTOCK
On Sept 7 he met the reporter and Mr McGarvey – who was not aware of the reporter’s true identity – at The Botanist bar in Sloane Square, west London. After a discussion about how many days he would need to be away from the UK on each trip to Singapore, he said: “It depends what the cheque says, you know? It just depends what has to be done, but if it’s an international week I can give them Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off.”

He was offered £35,000-£40,000 per trip and replied: “I think you have to do better than that… “Look, just try to make me happy. Cos you come up with a nice figure, you know. The 35 is… you know?” Asked if £50,000-£55,000 would be acceptable, he said: “You’re getting warmer. I think, for me to do a good job and also be comfortable, OK I’m going to be three days away, that kind of stuff and, you know international week is also the time when I do spend a lot of time with the family. “It also depends whether I can be paid in Holland?

“If I do work abroad I can receive money abroad, and if I do work here then I have to receive it here, and I have to pay tax here. If I do work abroad and receive it abroad, in my bank account in Holland, then if I bring it back here I have a way of only paying between 10 and 15 per cent [tax], instead of paying 45 [per cent]. Because it makes a big difference.”
cc Nateevs cheesy

Told it would not be a problem to pay him in the Netherlands, he said: “Well that makes it a little bit easier. Then 55 is not bad.”

The reporter said: “And obviously anything that you would be able to have a look at other aspects of our business favourably that would be appreciated.”

Hasselbaink, who had been told the fictitious firm had interests in construction and property as well as sport, replied: “I didn’t have the time yet but I’m going to Google you.” Mr McGarvey chipped in: “What we’re trying to do is build a relationship with you, going forward… we’ll give you a player as well.” Hasselbaink said: “Give me a ----ing player. A good player.”

Damn...you can't even trust these niggas anymore.

Asking for agents for payments to sign his players...

Ex-chelsea legend too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:42am On Sep 29, 2016
Celtic vs Citeh was one high octane ping-bleeding-pong of a football match. Those players will need a full 4 weeks off. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:36am On Sep 29, 2016
The Times,cmon you got it wrong
Our 'Einsteins' believe Emenalo is just a figure head and I believe them over you guys

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:44am On Sep 29, 2016
Nihilist:

Guy I've always wondered about this thing myself.

The BBC had already implicated himself, Alex Ferguson and others in their earlier panorama programmes.

I don't know if you know one chic called Tulisa from Ndubz. That's how she was setup 2 years ago by a newspaper man pretending to be looking for coke.

Rupert Murdoch's newspapers went as far as hacking the phones of public figures in the search for a scoop.

It's crazy cos even the police are not allowed to act in this manner.

Sam was done by entrapment, but I have no pity for him though. He was on 3m a year and thr greedy kunt still wanted more.

Some of the things he said were very interesting though. The corruption in this game no be here...

I told you. KWARUPSHIN is very very rife in your league

More to come. Asiri ti'n tu
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
nateevs:

Everything you are typing seems like you are condoning what Sam did. At the very least, it looks like you are asking people not to talk about what he did because no one is clean. Either way, that's not how society should work. That's not how England works.

Nateevs listen, there is a big difference between investigative journalism and entrapment. It is something if big sam was doing something ILLEGAL but it is different when some journalists say common let's go and test him or set him up and see if he would fall. Its ludicrous!!! Its just like the serpent giving eve the apple.
What sam did was basically of human nature, man is greedy, man ultimately works towards money and how many pple will not actually CONSIDER it??

My point is sam was ethically wrong in saying things he did but he should not be OVER criticized for considering it. It would be hypocritical to do so as not many pple would act differently. And I am not alone in thinking so as this picture below depicts.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nihilist:

Damn...you can't even trust these niggas anymore.

Asking for agents for payments to sign his players...

Ex-chelsea legend too.

I got that. grin

On the topic. Unbelievable. Can you imagine a worse case of conflict of interest? I mean, it suggests that potentially, the dude might be prepared to sign a shiiit player, if the returns are more than securing a better player.

That's messed up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
nateevs:

I got that. grin

On the topic. Unbelievable. Can you imagine a worse case of conflict of interest? I mean, it suggests that potentially, the dude might be prepared to sign a shiiit player, if the returns are more than securing a better player.

That's messed up.

Its insane.
This one that Jose was showing sympathy for Allardyce...I'm getting even more suspicious about how Falcao landed at the club mehn....

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (19138) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.