Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10449361 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) ... (19124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
pamcode:
As in. I watched their match though he was culpable for the first goal and partly for the 2nd and third his confidence on the ball and passing is superb but then he scored the winner so he can only get better IMO.
His performance against Arsenal was world class, I was wowed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
raumdeuter:

Pep made Messi the monster he is today from a winger scoring few goals to one of the greatest goal scorers ever seen in the game

*In YG's voice*

Please tell me why you always lying.

Messi at the age of 20 had already been voted the 2nd best player in the world before Pep started coaching the Barca 1st team.

Pep started coaching Barca in the summer of 08, by October Messi had made the WPOTY shortlist again. As you know, the voting would have been in consideration of events that had happened to previous year.

So it's relatively safe to say the Messi had been voted 2nd best player in the world twice before the age of 22, and before Pep even had anything to do with him...and it was obvious to anyone that Messi was always going to go on to do great things.

The Weeknd said "if you say you made me, then replace me"

Pep should turn Sterling to Monster too in the same way you did to DavidBanky grin grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordjnr: 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
wink
Nihilist:

Somebody dey feel my guy "the weekend"! Brilliant mofo..........
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
Funlordjnr:
wink

Somebody dey feel my guy "the weekend"! Brilliant mofo..........

Long time fan here bruv.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:37pm On Dec 04, 2016
Nihilist:
*In YG's voice*
Please tell me why you always lying.
Messi at the age of 20 had already been voted the 2nd best player in the world before Pep started coaching the Barca 1st team.
Pep started coaching Barca in the summer of 08, by October Messi had made the WPOTY shortlist again. As you know, the voting would have been in consideration of events that had happened to previous year.

So it's relatively safe to say the Messi had been voted 2nd best player in the world twice before the age of 22, and before Pep even had anything to do with him...and it was obvious to anyone that Messi was always going to go on to do great things.

Pep should turn Sterling to Monster too in the same way you did to DavidBanky grin grin

Messi went from 16 goals a season in all comps pre Pep to 38goals(double) in all comps just a season with Pep, to 49 goals(triple) a season, to 53 goals a season, to 73 goals(plus quadruple) a season.

Those 4 yrs were the best for Messi production wise

He went from 2 time runner up to Winner 4 times in those Pep years

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:41pm On Dec 04, 2016
raumdeuter:

Messi went from 16 goals a season in all comps pre Pep to 38goals in all comps just a season with Pep, to 49 goals a season, to 53 goals a season, to 73 goals a season.

Those 4 yrs were the best for Messi production wise

So you don't think that a youth with 2 WPOTY podium finishes under his belt would have improved anyway?

Ok why hasn't Pep made another one since he left? grin

In fact, why didn't he turn the likes of Tello and Bojan into new Messi's.

Made ko, Madea ni.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
Nihilist:
So you don't think that a youth with 2 WPOTY podium finishes under his belt would have improved anyway?
Ok why hasn't Pep made another one since he left? grin
In fact, why didn't he turn the likes of Tello and Bojan into new Messi's.
Made ko, Madea ni.

Not everyone who Einstein taught became a professor Some became dullards

Not every youth will make the next step from runner up to winner and dominate the game

Fergie who was credited with Ronaldo also never produced another Ronaldo in his career, Infact he had more David Bellion, Fat Anderson and Bebe
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
raumdeuter:

Not everyone who Einstein taught became a professor Some became dullards

Not every youth will make the next step from runner up to winner and dominate the game

Fergie who was credited with Ronaldo also never produced another Ronaldo in his career, Infact he had more David Bellion, Fat Anderson and Bebe
Ferguson made who?

grin

Is this guy kidding me?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:00am On Dec 05, 2016
Nihilist:
Ferguson made who?
grin
Is this guy kidding me?

Yes I doubt many people will argue here that Ferguson made Ronaldo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mystikal(m): 12:13am On Dec 05, 2016
Make as in create?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:13am On Dec 05, 2016
raumdeuter:

Yes I doubt many people will argue here that Ferguson made Ronaldo

Nobody built ororo. He designed himself.

Are you kidding me? The man is the very definition of Work Ethic. Go and read the interviews about him literally designing his own training regime at Manyoo and then spending several hours after training doing his own thing

There was also a work ethic. Quinton Fortune, the former United player, tells the story of how Ronaldo would finish training, strap on some ankle weights and go back on to the pitch to work on his step-overs. The players would laugh at him

Manyoo signed him after he dribbled all of them. He was already a phenomenon before he signed. He was fantastic at United but ascended to godhood in Madrid.

Ferguson made Ronaldo my azz. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:19am On Dec 05, 2016
Nihilist:
Nobody built ororo. He designed himself.

Are you kidding me? The man is the very definition of Work Ethic. Go and read the interviews about him literally designing his own training regime at Manyoo and then spending several hours after training doing his own thing

Manyoo signed him after he dribbled all of them. He was already a phenomenon before he signed. He was fantastic at United but ascended to godhood in Madrid.

Ferguson made Ronaldo my azz. grin

Ronaldo was no betterthan Quaresma when Ferguson signed him from Lisbon

He got to Man Utd as a winger and he met a coach who believed in him, gave him more responsibilities, challenged him and turned him into a beast

Of course most of the work comes from the player Unless you want to argue that no coach has ever developed a player in the history of the game since the coach doesnt enter the field with the player
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:28am On Dec 05, 2016
raumdeuter:

Ronaldo was no betterthan Quaresma when Ferguson signed him from Lisbon

He got to Man Utd as a winger and he met a coach who believed in him, gave him more responsibilities, challenged him and turned him into a beast

Of course most of the work comes from the player Unless you want to argue that no coach has ever developed a player in the history of the game since the coach doesnt enter the field with the player

Ferguson famously wasn't even really involved in training.

All he did was set tactics and shout at players.

Listen to what a manyoo coach said about Ronaldo

When I arrived in Carrington in 2007, we had a fantastic culture; a working culture.

"Cristiano, even in a fantastic working environment, he was a stand-alone. He was the first one in, practiced on his own, to ensure that he had that quality practice time.

"It was great for not only the senior players - he made everyone uncomfortable when they saw him do it - but also for the younger players to look up to him and to see him on the training ground.

"Invariably, his coaches would have to drag him off. That was the level of discipline, the level of professionalism required."

Ferguson can take credit for the John Osheas and Wes Browns of this world but never for Ororo who already had significant talent to begin with, and the strong work ethic and constant desire to improve.

Ferguson made Ororo. You've got jokes man...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 3:29am On Dec 05, 2016
raumdeuter:

Today Betis played a 3-3 draw in Spain with Celta equalizing in the closing minutes

Yesterday Hertha Berlin cambe back from 2-1 to beat Wolfsburg 3-2 away but EPL fans dont see beyond their noses anyway

Who the eff is Hertha Berlin or Celta Vigo..

We are talking of Liverpool here.

Show me where Barca or Bayern has actually thrown away a 2 goal lead in this last Year against a mid-table team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:36am On Dec 05, 2016
Bimffo:
Who the eff is Hertha Berlin or Celta Vigo..

We are talking of Liverpool here.

Show me where Barca or Bayern has actually thrown away a 2 goal lead in this last Year against a mid-table team

WHo is Liverpool probably youve never seen Liverpool lift a league trophy in your lifetime

If Barca or Bayern now the equivalent of Liverpool? Bayern and Barca are CL knockou stages regulars, How many times have you seen Liverpool make CL knockout in the past 5 yrs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 3:45am On Dec 05, 2016
raumdeuter:

WHo is Liverpool probably youve never seen Liverpool lift a league trophy in your lifetime

If Barca or Bayern now the equivalent of Liverpool? Bayern and Barca are CL knockou stages regulars, How many times have you seen Liverpool make CL knockout in the past 5 yrs

I used Barca and Bayern as a reference because before this week matches, Liverpool were 2nd on the Log, Just like Bayern for Bundesliga and Barca for La Liga.

Liverpool, Bayern and Barca were all 2nd in this past week, so don't bring Liverpool of 10 decades or 5 Years into this and argue logically!

In the EPL this season, Liverpool are one of the top teams and will actually smash anyone left and right..

So show me a Match in this past year or even 2 Years ago that Barca or Bayern have thrown away a 2 goal lead. tongue

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:50am On Dec 05, 2016
Bimffo:

I used Barca and Bayern as a reference because before this week matches, Liverpool were 2nd on the Log, Just like Bayern for Bundesliga and Barca for La Liga.

Liverpool, Bayern and Barca were all 2nd in this past week, so don't bring Liverpool of 10 decades or 5 Years into this and argue logically!

In the EPL this season, Liverpool are one of the top teams and will actually smash anyone left and right..

So show me a Match in this past year or even 2 Years ago that Barca or Bayern have thrown away a 2 goal lead. tongue

Villareal 2 Barcelona 2
Barcelona stretched their La Liga lead to nine points, despite throwing away a two-goal advantage at Villarreal.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35803849

Barcelona 2 Deportivo 2
Deportivo de La Coruna scored twice in the last 14 minutes to claim a dramatic draw as Barcelona's perfect home record in La Liga this season was ended.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35030523
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 4:26am On Dec 05, 2016
raumdeuter:

Villareal 2 Barcelona 2
Barcelona stretched their La Liga lead to nine points, despite throwing away a two-goal advantage at Villarreal.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35803849

Barcelona 2 Deportivo 2
Deportivo de La Coruna scored twice in the last 14 minutes to claim a dramatic draw as Barcelona's perfect home record in La Liga this season was ended.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35030523

So, you could only find me Draws. grin

And you couldn't find one Bayern Match. grin

Dayo, abeg goodnight, Na 9ja I dey.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 8:03am On Dec 05, 2016
I hate Chelsea FC with passion becuase they take trimadol before they play each match

I saw it on facebook I was just LMAO
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 9:41am On Dec 05, 2016
Nihilist:

Ferguson famously wasn't even really involved in training.

All he did was set tactics and shout at players.

Listen to what a manyoo coach said about Ronaldo

Ferguson can take credit for the John Osheas and Wes Browns of this world but never for Ororo who already had significant talent to begin with, and the strong work ethic and constant desire to improve.

Ferguson made Ororo. You've got jokes man...

Sir Alex himself cleared the air a few months ago...

Sir Alex Ferguson has heaped praise on Cristiano Ronaldo and said he was the "perfect example of someone who made himself".

The Real Madrid striker spent six seasons at Manchester United playing under the legendary Scot after he signed him from Sporting Lisbon.

Many have previously claimed that the managerial prowess of Ferguson was crucial to Ronaldo's development in becoming the best player in the world.

But his former boss dismissed this notion.

Sir Alex Ferguson said Cristiano Ronaldo is the perfect example of someone who made himself .

Talking in Nuremburg, after being awarded with the prestigious Walther Bensemann prize on Friday night, Ferguson opened up about his former player.

He said: "[Cristiano] Ronaldo is a perfect example of someone who made himself.

"It's easy for me to say, 'yeah I made Ronaldo'. Many coaches might say I made this player and I made that player, but Ronaldo made himself.
"We just gave him the tools and the platform to excel."

Ferguson, who brought the first ever Portuguese player to represent Manchester United to the club in 2003, explained that it was his "incredible practise ethic" that saw him succeed.

Sir Alex Ferguson praised other Man United greats but said Cristiano Ronaldo was "something else".
He added: "He was a fantastic player, he was the best.

"We had fantastic players in [Paul] Scholes, [Ryan] Giggs, and [Eric] Cantona. We had some fantastic footballers, but Ronaldo was just something else."

However, I think it can still be argued that Ronaldo might not have blossomed into the goal machine currently at Real Madrid if he didn't join UTD at that time - he might probably have turned out to be an unserious ball-juggling winger in the Portuguese 2nd Division presently.

Ferguson's sense of judgment ( as evidenced by his decision to be patient with Ronaldo) is also praise worthy - he could as well have loaned him out immediately he joined the club.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:02am On Dec 05, 2016
dopeJemi:

Na play ground them play the ball? Na beer parlour them play am? Them no wear complete football kit? no be ball them kick? Fans no come? Goal keeper no dive when wan score am? Chelsea no plan to win?

Guy forget, chelsea na useless club, I prophesy again

[size=28pt]Long May your woes continue

Down is where you belong and Down is where you shall remain[/size]

Bite me tongue

Until you bite all these nonsense you posted last season. . Long may your woes continue! tongue

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:12am On Dec 05, 2016
The season so far. . . .

We are in a good place right now but we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. It's 3-4 points and all that can change in a matter a game or two.

A lot of us here have mentioned our obvious weakness on the left area of the pitch and its no surprise Pep attacked that side more and more. At a point, Silva was playing an AM role and city kind of had more on the right side of their attack which eventually brought about their goal.

Saturday's game was lucky for us and another day we could have lost it if city had decisions their way (Thank Goodness the ref was on point)

Then again, Its good to be lucky this time around having suffered last season.

8 in 8! 3-4-3 still on point! Happy days are back at the bridge.

Here's to a fantastic December with the next 5 fixture. They are all winnable games but this is the Premier League! We praised Bournemouth for doing the unthinkable yesterday, it can happen to anybody in this league.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:29am On Dec 05, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Sir Alex himself cleared the air a few month ago...

However, I think it can still be argued that Ronaldo might not have blossomed into the goal machine currently at Real Madrid if he didn't join UTD at that time - he might probably have turned out to be an unserious ball-juggling winger in the Portuguese 2nd Division presently.

Ferguson's sense of judgment ( as evidenced by his decision to be patient with Ronaldo) is also praise worthy - he could as well have loaned him out immediately he joined the club.

Of course, Ferguson had to be patient with Ororo. Any top manager recognises that Ororo was a once in a life time talent

And while I agree that Ronaldo definitely improved his goal scoring game a bit at Manyoo, it is at Madrid that Ororo became a net assassin.

Ororo's best season for Manyoo saw him net 42 in all comps. Apart from his first season at Madrid, so far he is yet to drop below 47. So it could be argued that it he didn't go to Madrid, he would be unseriously blah blah in xyz league.

Ororo is the definition of self made man.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 10:54am On Dec 05, 2016
Nihilist:

Of course, Ferguson had to be patient with Ororo. Any top manager recognises that Ororo was a once in a life time talent

And while I agree that Ronaldo definitely improved his goal scoring game a bit at Manyoo, it is at Madrid that Ororo became a net assassin.

Ororo's best season for Manyoo saw him net 42 in all comps. Apart from his first season at Madrid, so far he is yet to drop below 47. So it could be argued that it he didn't go to Madrid, he would be unseriously blah blah in xyz league.

Ororo is the definition of self made man.

31 Epl goals wey him score that year = 200 laliga goals - Abraham Lincoln(1854) cool

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:56am On Dec 05, 2016
AdisaOwala:

31 Epl goals wey him score that year = 200 laliga goals - Abraham Lincoln(1854) cool

Actually, you maybe right on that one. grin grin

Everybody knows Messi can't do it at Stoke on a wet windy Wednesday...

Cc Bykebyke

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
macjireh:

alright newbie spotted.... what else has Chelsea been using? only asnal has beaten Chelsea 3-4-3... that was our first match with dat formation
no team has beaten the 3 4 3. It was introduced in the second half against arsenal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
raumdeuter:

Like the advantage Terry enjoyed to be rated higher than he is without any performance to show on the field
i said that it is just an advantage enjoyed when playing for a winning team. But, Terry was winning awards even when England were being knocked out in the quarter finals, that should tell you something about his quality.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
Ibime:

Boateng is the only rubbish player who plays in a winning team and can't win anything. His rubbishness stands out!
sure.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Just admit you goofed, you would have made sense if, for example, Wolfsburg had defeated a team like Bayern. Not Hertha, a strong team defeated Wolfsburg, a weaker team.

Alaves defeated Barca when the league just started, that was August, this is December.
don't forget to mention that barca were without their key players.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 1:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
raumdeuter:

You will know about those fat players, I think Peps dislike for fat people might be a reason you have this vendetta against him

MECHIONU!..... grin grin grin

Ibime has lost all his baby fat abeg grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 2:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
lalaboi:

Until you bite all these nonsense you posted last season. . Long may your woes continue! tongue

Lmfao.....this DopeJemi na confirm yeye boi, e too disturb us last season, if only he knew what Mourinho has in stock for him this season.

We no even dey see the guy around these days. Wetin do u DopeJemi.?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
chic2pimp:

MECHIONU!..... grin grin grin

Ibime has lost all his baby fat abeg grin

Tuale Boss .. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) ... (19124) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MeMiTi, Sportsweb, swiz123(m), a4turitoroman, Unlimited22, BlueMann, Itsrm(m), AdisaOwala, Ballzproblem2, codeb(m), enigma0, chidekings(m), oliverano and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.