Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5016) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10537907 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5013) (5014) (5015) (5016) (5017) (5018) (5019) ... (19171) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PlainJAY(m): 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2018
Antonio Conte has reportedly held talks with PSG over moving to the club from Chelsea in the summer, with Unai Emery certain to leave the French side at the end of the season.

Mixed reactions.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mrphilia: 7:57pm On Mar 26, 2018
PlainJAY:
Antonio Conte has reportedly held talks with PSG over moving to the club from Chelsea in the summer, with Unai Emery certain to leave the French side at the end of the season.

Mixed reactions.
Goodluck Antonio Conte we wish you success in your future endeavors. cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 8:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
PlainJAY:

Mixed reactions.
Why?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2018
airmark:

Only a senseless and shameless person will mention me if he does.
So you never tire for Mr. Sunken Place matter?
grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 8:35pm On Mar 26, 2018
Ryan Babel kwa

How did he find his way back to the national team..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 8:38pm On Mar 26, 2018
Roland17:
Ryan Babel kwa

How did he find his way back to the national team..
The current Dutch team is the worst in recent memory, so it does make some sense.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2018
Looks like Krychokewack and co are about to Bankrupt West Brom

"In the accounts there is a note which the auditors insisted that I put in to point out that in the near future the club is going to need a small overdraft facility," Jenkins told BBC WM.

"That's something new to the club. It hasn't needed one for over 10 years, but it reflects the season we have gone through and the amount of investment that the board made into both the first-team squad and the infrastructure of the stadium.

"We are at record levels on wages, we have broken our transfer record and have loan fees at the highest level. There has been full investment - and a little bit more as well - hence the need for an overdraft facility.

"I've just come back into the club after just over 12 months out and I'm shocked by what I have found. We need to restructure the club so it is able to compete and exist long-term in the Premier League."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43543439
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:59pm On Mar 26, 2018
TalabiAudu:

Morata? 2 goals? Against Tottenham?

Its easier for raumdeuter to grow hair, than Morata to score 2 goals against Tottenham
This table you are shaking so has alot of "breakable plates" on it o

Dayo na Warlord o....You are on your own Charlie
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:59pm On Mar 26, 2018
cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2018
Unlimited22:

So you never tire for Mr. Sunken Place matter?
grin

Tire how?. I had no issue with him, but with those idiots that brought him as Costa's replacement. I knew he wouldn't be consistent, which would in turn spell doom for the club, which we've all seen as it later panned out when it mattered most.

He's in Dubai enjoying himself with his wife, while his mates are preparing for world cup. Shebi na Chelsea be the maga wey fall, the guy no send us. I dey one corner dey hold my side too. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
afrodoc2:

First of all i have not said Wilder will beat AJ but i feel AJ needs to be careful and it would be easier for Wilder to adjust to AJ's style which is regular than for AJ to adjust to Wilder's which is irregular. That being said quality of boxing, punching power and ability to take a punch usually decides the fight.

Also remember that 2 of Ali's toughest opponents Henry Cooper and Norton were famous for their unorthodox styles and that was one of the reasons (especially in the case of Cooper) that Ali struggled against them and was more comfortable with boxers of equal or arguably better quality. A boxer would almost always prefer to meet the style he has seen many times before than a style he has never seen or seen just a couple of times.
Unpolished does not mean low quality it just means your style is a bit all over the place. Foreman especially in his first coming had an unpolished style but was still able to wreak havoc.

P.S Norton and Foreman did not have similar styles in the 70's. Norton was more of a pressure fighter like Frazier and his defence was unique, Foreman was a pondering slugger throwing slow but poisonous bombs and he didnt really have any defence cos he rarely needed it.

Lastly while both AJ and Wilder both have enormous punching power it is Wilder that has the greater single punch KO ability.
Deontay's style makes him remarkably vulnerable to any fighter with even remotely decent counter-punching ability. As far as AJ I'm more worried about a fit Tyson Fury than Deontay. Not saying Deontay can't beat AJ but I'm saying based on what I've seen from both fighters.

Naah I won't necessarily include Cooper in the list of guys that gave Ali tough time. Where you put Smoking Joe and George Foreman?

I don't mean unpolished means lack of quality. However when you meet an evenly matched fighter that can match your best attributes and neutralize them then that's when the lack of polish would show. Ali vs Foreman is a good example! Ali won that match with sheer ring craft knowing fully well he couldn't match Foreman punch for punch over the duration of the fight, it's why Tyson despite his devastating KO ability couldn't beat Holyfield and was ducking from Lennox till he wound up in the bing because at some point power won't be enough..

Foreman was a methodical fighter with arguably the heaviest fists in the division. It's why he could retire and still comeback to knock down guys half his age. Only Ali with his superior ring craft managed to make him look bad. I don't agree he was ponderous at all

As for Wilder and AJ well you're typically going to need a combination of blows to take down anybody so I think this is why I think they are at best tied. What I think Wilder has is slightly more speed and not power over AJ
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TalabiAudu: 10:46pm On Mar 26, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Naah. I no throw shots at apari.
raumdeuter na oga at the top. I no fit fight big boss...

And if he wan fight, I don't do e-wars.
Make him fly come 9ja come meet me for Oshodi under bridge.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 10:47pm On Mar 26, 2018
Cruxifizio:

Useless player! angry Anyways one will have to keep hate aside when it has anything to do with babies.

Congrats to him and his wifey tho....I have always wanted twins.....maybe I will have one if I and wifey decides to have another go at it... cheesy grin
you will have them if you support morata.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
airmark:

Whyte impressed me and he would have taken that daddy out earlier. His hooks and jabs looked sharper and his defence wasn't bad but I don't see him eating the bombs from wilder to counter. It's 60-40 to Wilder.

As regards ducking, I don't think AJ is the one doing that. Hearn is the one being cautious not to rush things for his cash cow. His dad, Barry openly said AJ should take his time before facing Deontay. While Wilder has turned to youtube warrior and refused to send offers to make the fight happen, AJ must be working on his defence and stamina.

No matter how you look at it, it's a risky fight for both sides.
Whyte impressed me but I don't honestly think he can beat Wilder. Maybe he makes it to the latter rounds at best. Wilder's jabs are even better and I doubt he can cope with Deontay's quickness and hand speed.

Boxing at the end of the day is about making as much greenery as possible. Hearn is trying to milk the cash cow as much as possible. Deontay needs the fight more than AJ does so he should be the one willing to bend over backwards to make it happen. Even if he's offered a 35% purse he ought to take it because he's the smaller draw

Stamina would always be an issue for this generation of heavyweights because they are too phuckin big. Parker is like 6'2 and still looks like a midget besides AJ. Even Deontay's stamina is suspect. The good thing is they always get a second wind late in fights and that's why a good training camp is key.

It's a 50/50 fight but I like AJ's odds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PlainJAY(m): 11:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
Unlimited22:

Why?

Some Chelsea fans are happy to see him go (back 5 stuff)...... While some are not
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PlainJAY(m): 12:00am On Mar 27, 2018
MorataFC:
you will have them if you support morata.

Because it's morata that's incharge of his sperm Abi

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:01am On Mar 27, 2018
PlainJAY:

Some Chelsea fans are happy to see him go (back 5 stuff)...... While some are not
He can go for all I care.
No one is bigger than the club, not Conte or Hazard or even Abramovic.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PlainJAY(m): 12:03am On Mar 27, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Dayo no too like fight.....let him try it with cruxifizio
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PlainJAY(m): 12:03am On Mar 27, 2018
Unlimited22:

Who do you want to replace him ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:10am On Mar 27, 2018
PlainJAY:

Who do you want to replace him ?

Maurizio Sarri, Max Allegri.
I'd have picked Julian Nagelsmann, but the recent experience with AVB makes me sceptical about appointing very young coaches.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PlainJAY(m): 12:17am On Mar 27, 2018
Unlimited22:

Maurizio Sarri, Max Allegri.
I'd have picked Julian Nagelsmann, but the recent experience with AVB makes me sceptical about appointing very young coaches.

I'll pick Allegri,should he go
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 12:18am On Mar 27, 2018
Unlimited22:

I used to think Abrahmovic owns the club
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:19am On Mar 27, 2018
dopeJemi:

I used to think Abrahmovic owns the club
Ken Bates owned the club before him.
He's not gonna own it forever.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:24am On Mar 27, 2018
PlainJAY:

I'll pick Allegri,should he go
Not bad.
Maurizio is an attacking coach, while Massimiliano is a nice blend of steel and style.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 12:26am On Mar 27, 2018
Unlimited22:

Ken Bates owned the club before him.
He's not gonna own it forever.

When you said even even Abrahmovic, it got me confused for a second.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:33am On Mar 27, 2018
dopeJemi:

When you said even even Abrahmovic, it got me confused for a second.
Lol, just stressing the fact that no one is bigger than the club grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Cruxifizio: 5:59am On Mar 27, 2018
Ibime are you aware that burna boy is a legend already?

No homos but I love that pitakwa boi die....real deal...no serenre....just dey drop shyttee for fun!!

Talent no be ability ojare....Na abinibi..... cool cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 7:23am On Mar 27, 2018
Cruxifizio:
Ibime are you aware that burna boy is a legend already?

No homos but I love that pitakwa boi die....real deal...no serenre....just dey drop shyttee for fun!!

Talent no be ability ojare....Na abinibi..... cool cool cool

You just dey know? The worst part is the guy doesn't get the accolades he deserves, Burna boy better pass wizkid, Davido, tekno, Eazi and runtown combined, his delivery is out of this world, just imagine songs like Chase, Deja Vu, heaven's gate, sekkle down, giddem and his latest song with Sauti Sol, afrikan star. Burna is straight up Nigeria's best artist
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Cruxifizio: 7:30am On Mar 27, 2018
dopeJemi:

You just dey know? The worst part is the guy doesn't get the accolades he deserves, Burna boy better pass wizkid, Davido, tekno, Eazi and runtown combined, his delivery is out of this world, just imagine songs like Chase, Deja Vu, heaven's gate, sekkle down and giddem. Burna is straight up Nigeria's best artist

Wetin dey worry you self...? why you go dey add people wey no be artist to Oluwaloburnas name....?

Anyways sha..... presently the only guy aside burna I respect in naija music industry na tubaba.....I respect am die........

Meanwhile....I just dey bounce with the remaining untalented ediots.....nothing deep.... grin

Sorry....I forget to add jàgz...na my niqqa!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 8:04am On Mar 27, 2018
Cruxifizio:

Wetin dey worry you self...? why you go dey add people wey no be artist to Oluwaloburnas name....?

Anyways sha..... presently the only guy aside burna I respect in naija music industry na tubaba.....I respect am die........

Meanwhile....I just dey bounce with the remaining untalented ediots.....nothing deep.... grin

Sorry....I forget to add jàgz...na my niqqa!!!

Make 2baba go rest abeg, music no fit am again.. Wande coal is the only person I can say is close to burna boy

You know Sojay?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Cruxifizio: 8:26am On Mar 27, 2018
dopeJemi:

Make 2baba go rest abeg, music no fit am again.. Wande coal is the only person I can say is close to burna boy

You know Sojay?

Dunno about music fit baba or not....alll I know be say....na real or the realest Naija talent for me...all the way braaah....

Who be Sojay again? One of my guys bin dey answer that name for waffi way back tho....he was a very good rapper way back but I no know if him ever push am after secondary school sha....

Meanwhile maleek berry dey do me some things wey I dey like sha....great guy...

Try feel this song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tcOT3y4Gwo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:30am On Mar 27, 2018
Perfect sarcasm by pep guardiola

“The secret to my success? Why it’s always managing the better team in a two team league.”
Pep Guardiola took time out from his busy schedule to tell us about how to make it as the best manager in the biz.
“Firstly you need to be hired by the biggest club in the world as your first job. Make sure the club has a once in history generation of young players already developed by your predecessors.”
“I can’t stress this enough: have the best player of all time as your number ten. It really helps get you noticed. Then add a squad of guys like Ronaldinho, iniesta, Xavi, Henry and so on. Now watch the trophies roll in while you play Words with Friends on your phone.”
“When you get sick of winning European cups, use your reputation to land a job with one of the biggest sides in the world in a two team league in Germany where you can collect any player you want from any other side like fucking pokemon cards.”
“It’s so easy you can spend most of your time preparing speeches for managerial award ceremonies. ”
“Finally, when your players are getting too old to get past Juve in the semis, just jump ship to wherever the oil money is and start playing real life fantasy football.”
“To be honest I was told England was a two team league as well but when I realised the second team was our reserves I knew I’d done it again. It really is as simple as that. I just don’t know why everyone doesn’t do it.”
“Now if you’ll excuse me I’ve a manager of the month award to accept.”

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5013) (5014) (5015) (5016) (5017) (5018) (5019) ... (19171) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nathz45, larride(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.