Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,519 members, 7,854,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:58 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5045) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10707080 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5042) (5043) (5044) (5045) (5046) (5047) (5048) ... (19365) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2018
popizaino:
point of correction 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge wasn't a game of 2 halves.
you must have watched a different game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Otamendi is right footed like John Stones so there's nothing like he is a LCB.

They did not stamp LCB in his forehead at birth

so If Stones cannot bench Kompany, why can't he bench Otamendi?

You're saying it's not about Stones effectiveness, so what is the reason?

Kompany is starting ahead of him not Laporte, not Otamendi...It is a well known fact that the CB position is divided in to RCB and LCB and only very few players (mostly experienced lads) are adept playing both sides...Sometimes we easily forget Stones is still very young
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:16pm On Apr 02, 2018
Nihilstjnr:
man said Otamendi is an LCB ffs cheesy cheesy

If Stones was the only RCB in the club I think at this point Pep will rather play a guy with 2 left legs as RCB
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 10:17pm On Apr 02, 2018
raumdeuter:

When Stones was starting who were the available CBs? Stones Otamendi and Mangala. So what choice does the coach have here?

The moment Guardiola had choices, Stones barely sees the field in normal matches

When Bailly was fit he played, Stones is fit and he isnt playing even on days that Kompany isnt

At this point, Stones is the 4th choice CB for City
It's an established fact that a fit Kompany will start in any of the league's top teams so, what the fuss?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2018
patrickmuf:
It's an established fact that a fit Kompany will start in any of the league's top teams so, what the fuss?

In games where Kompany wasnt starting this year, Stones was still benched

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6920460_stonesleicester_png8d8fa3a1a22dfbffedb0f85040344cba

Was t Kompany benching him here?

Stones has played 9mins of league football since Laporte arrived over 2 months ago
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2018
Ibime:

As long as Dembele has been on the pitch, Spurs have dominated us to shege. I don't know all this one you are typing. This result was a long-time coming.
i don't care if Dembele played or not, but the 3 - 0 during Mourinho's time was a complete domination for Chelsea. The 2 - 2 draw, they had the first half, we had the second. You can't be lucky for four years. Na lie.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
patrickmuf:
Kompany is starting ahead of him not Laporte, not Otamendi...It is a well known fact that the CB position is divided in to RCB and LCB and only very few players (mostly experienced lads) are adept playing both sides...Sometimes we easily forget Stones is still very young

Since Mangala left, Stones has been the least used CB in City.

This age thingy dont forget that Laporte is just 1 day older than John Stones in a new league

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 10:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
patrickmuf:

But Lindelof plays on the left side for you when he plays. How old is he?

How old is laporte?

sometimes it's like you people just want to talk. The same Kompany that you would pick Smalling over, is the one that is now the Messi of Mancity defence.

patrickmuf:
I'm only trying to disprove the fact that Pep met more quality thus it is easier for him so if you're doing any comparison, it's what Pep met vs what Mou met...
Smalling is not world class but over a season, I will take him over Kompany.

bruv I weak for your matter.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 10:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
raumdeuter:

In games where Kompany wasnt starting this year, Stones was still benched

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6920460_stonesleicester_png8d8fa3a1a22dfbffedb0f85040344cba

Was t Kompany benching him here?

Stones has played 9mins of league football since Laporte arrived over 2 months ago
Just one example you have prior to yesterday and you're trying to exaggerate the whole event...You'd do well as a journalist...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2018
raumdeuter:

Jealous of Hazard? LMAO

Bayern played the CL quarters in 2016 where was Hazard?
Bayern played the CL quarters last season where was Hazard?
Bayern will play the CL quarters tomorrow where will Hazard be?
Bayern will play the CL next season where will the Chelsea inspired by Hazard be?
Hazard is probably where Frank Ribery was when he couldn't inspire marseille to ordinary league triumph in a useless league and had to join on a bandwagon to bayern Munich to feast on the hardwork of others.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2018
patrickmuf:
Just one example you have prior to yesterday and you're trying to exaggerate the whole event...You'd do well as a journalist...

One example? This is another game vs Chelsea.

You dont get it? Stones has played only 9mins in the league out of 630mins since Laporte signed for City

In that time Laporte - 357 mins, Otamendi 621, Kompany -360mins. John Stones 9mins

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

But Lindelof plays on the left side for you when he plays. How old is he?

How old is laporte?

sometimes it's like you people just want to talk. The same Kompany that you would pick Smalling over, is the one that is now the Messi of Mancity defence.

bruv I weak for your matter.
Nothing on that, I clearly stated that over season, I'd pick Smalling who guarantees more minutes, my point was hinged on the number games both will be available and I opted for Smalling based on the injury record of Kompany. A fit Kompany over Smalling.
I only hopped in to disprove the assertion that Laporte is keeping Stones on the bench and that's settled.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
raumdeuter:

Neymar took a team of Fred, Jo Ramires Hulk to the world cup semi
Hazard couldnt do the same for a team of Lukaku, Debruyne Mertens ALderwereld and Cortouis
Apply that same logic to Ribery with France .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
popizaino:
Apply that same logic to Ribery with France .

Ribery with France reached the 2006 world cup final. What has Hazard ever done in his career, which final has he played
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2018
popizaino:
Hazard is probably where Frank Ribery was when he couldn't inspire marseille to ordinary league triumph in a useless league and had to join on a bandwagon to bayern Munich to feast on the hardwork of others.

Chelsea is bigger than Marseille and Chelsea is a big club like Bayern. Ribery led Bayern to the CL title what has Hazard done in a big club like Chelsea in the CL
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
patrickmuf:
Nothing on that, I clearly stated that over season, I'd pick Smalling who guarantees more minutes, my point was hinged on the number games both will be available and I opted for Smalling based on the injury record of Kompany. A fit Kompany over Smalling.
I only hopped in to disprove the assertion that Laporte is keeping Stones on the bench and that's settled.

How is that settled?

you say Otamendi is a LCB which is why Stones cannot bench him

Meanwhile we can clearly see Otamendi being shifted to the right to accommodate Laporte while Stones continues to pick splinters out of his arse.

bruv you clearly just want to talk because you don't really have a point.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 10:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

How is that settled?

you say Otamendi is a LCB which is why Stones cannot bench him

Meanwhile we can clearly see Otamendi being shifted to the right to accommodate Laporte while Stones continues to pick splinters out of his arse.

bruv you clearly just want to talk because you don't really have a point.
Check his injury record during that period...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 10:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
Away from football, if you're a good chess player and you're registered on chess.com, drop your username for a game...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
patrickmuf:

Nothing to see there. No significant injury record since January that Laporte signed

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
patrickmuf:

if Stones cannot bench Kompany on the right side

Cannot bench a fellow right footed like Otamendi on the left side

And stones is not being Benched due to ineffectiveness

Then why is Stones being Benched bruv?

simple answer abeg before I get headache.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2018
raumdeuter:

Nothing to see there. No significant injury record since January that Laporte signed

To me, how you know Stones stock had fallen significantly was when City played Arsenal twice and Chelsea once within the space of a week, and Stones didn't play a single minute...

I remember how the papers where speculating about how Kompany' s minutes would be managed given his Injury record.

if you can't even force your way into contention against a sickbay hall of fame member, then You're definitely not reckoned with by the manager.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2018
Nihilstjnr:
To me, how you know Stones stock had fallen significantly was when City played Arsenal twice and Chelsea once within the space of a week, and Stones didn't play a single minute...
I remember how the papers where speculating about how Kompany' s minutes would be managed given his Injury record.
if you can't even force your way into contention against a sickbay hall of fame member, then You're definitely not reckoned with by the manager.

It was lack of options that made Stones see all that mins in the beginning of the season. How can you as a player thats fit only play 9mins in over 2 months in the leagu. If City wins the league early and are still in the CL, you might start seeing Stones play to rest the important players
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
Don't even feel like posting anything sef. The EPL table ain't looking good at all.

Where is pastor Skimple? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 11:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
hensben:
Like football is lawn tennis. Hazard will win those things you mentioned playing for Brazil.

Brazil with all the Star players they've had over the years have failed to get an olympic Gold Medal yet you want me to believe Hazard would have inspired this lot to a Gold medal?...Right!

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
raumdeuter:

Ribery with France reached the 2006 world cup final. What has Hazard ever done in his career, which final has he played
y am not surprised you would bring this 2006 thingy up.Well that France team reaching the final was obviously cos of Zidane and your demi god Ribery was just a passerby evidence of this can be seen as the later hasn't been able to make a significant impact in his national career ever since the former called it a time in football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:12am On Apr 03, 2018
popizaino:
y am not surprised you would bring this 2006 thingy up.Well that France team reaching the final was obviously cos of Zidane and your demi god Ribery was just a passerby evidence of this can be seen as the later hasn't been able to make a significant impact in his national career ever since the former called it a time in football.

Tell us what international trophy hidden Hazard has won in his entire football career or final he made

Ribery made a world cup final, and won a CL. What has hazard ever done in his entire career

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:19am On Apr 03, 2018
chic2pimp:

Brazil with all the Star players they've had over the years have failed to get an olympic Gold Medal yet you want me to believe Hazard would have inspired this lot to a Gold medal?...Right!

Let him convince is hazard will win the world cup with Fred Jo hulk Ramirez David Luiz but cannot win with KdB Lukaku Mertens Alderwereld
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TalabiAudu: 12:41am On Apr 03, 2018
popizaino:

Stop this Hazard argument. It's getting stupid..
6yrs now, no tangible thing to show that he is in the level where you rate him. Both club an country...

Have some shame for him and concede defeat..

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:15am On Apr 03, 2018
Raumdeuter :

'Boathand led Bayern to Ucl victory'

'Robben led Bayern to Ucl victory'

'Neuer led Bayern to Ucl victory'

'Muller led Bayern to Ucl victory'

'Lahm led Bayern to Ucl victory'

'Ribery led Bayern to Ucl victory'

The above statements, is the reason ambitious players will strive to join teams, where most players are leaders on the pitch.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:58am On Apr 03, 2018
Ibime:

What of Azpi? How many brainfarts has he made this season?

It is only when midfield has collapsed that we start focussing on individual defenders mistakes. Azpi must have made 5 or more this season. We didn't see any last season. Chris was best defender in Bundesliga last season.
Lol, Alaye calm down. Shey na for your parlor them give am the award?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:08am On Apr 03, 2018
TalabiAudu:

6yrs now, no tangible thing to show that he is in the level where you rate him. Both club an country...

So you expect Hazard to be winning ucl with Chelsea or World Cup with Belgium of yesterday. It take Germany how many semi and final to win one in this 21st century. You are to be ashamed of yourself since you refused to use your head. Football is not lawn tennis. Where is Neymar now in ucl like in his Barca days.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 6:31am On Apr 03, 2018
TalabiAudu:

I swear Hazard dey fall hand. He's a player I admire a lot. Amazing bundle of talent but just lacking that 'killer' mentality to take his game to the next level.

I remember watching those games against Barca and being thoroughly disappointed. The lesser talented Willian balled over two legs while Eden was well. . hidden. That was a big chance to put haters like Ramuzaki to shame but he failed.
Real Madrid are not convinced he is worth going for. Ordinarily, you would expect Bayern to consider Hazard in their search for top-class replacements for Robbery but he has been ignored and rightly so. Barca were not interested even after selling Neymar.

Ramuzaki comes here to chat shiit about Hazard and unreasonable as he might sound sometimes, he's not far from the truth. Hazard needs to do better.

And anyone who after all these years still thinks Hazard is as good as Neymar needs to have their head checked.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5042) (5043) (5044) (5045) (5046) (5047) (5048) ... (19365) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SCOOPERJEF(m), EmmanuelScott1(m), andrewbaba44, A001 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.