Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,080 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10501345 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (19147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 9:11am On Aug 28, 2014
Bimfo:

Liverpool plays 4-4-2.. He had a Chance to become 2nd Striker..

We play 4-5-1 or 4-3-3.. His bench will have Seat belt..
Unless other teams come for him, he will gladly come
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 9:14am On Aug 28, 2014
SIRcumalot:
It is a good dream to have but it won't happen.
Hopefully he gets a new contract extension
. Chelsea have accepted a £10 million bid from AC
Milan for Fernando Torres but are set to bank only
£4m after giving the 30-year-old a £6m pay-off to
make the move. (The Sun)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 28, 2014
Dhellake: . Chelsea have accepted a £10 million bid from AC
Milan for Fernando Torres but are set to bank only
£4m after giving the 30-year-old a £6m pay-off to
make the move. (The Sun)

shocked grin

We go still pay £6 to Torres?? Chaii..

Eledumare Punish Liverpool and Torres..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 28, 2014
Bimfo:
shocked grin
We go still pay £6 to Torres?? Chaii..
Eledumare Punish Liverpool and Torres..
Who cares i just want him out of the club.

The guy will be missed though, especially on this thread.

#shapekeeper
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2014
I hope we get an easy draw today
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:01am On Aug 28, 2014
[quote author=coogar]
This is the problem with man utd fan in nigeria/africa, always think they know it all cos they support man u, hope you know MK Dons have fans too, go n claim you know football more than them(mk dons fan) just cos u support man u...what I am trying to say is that, supporting big clubs like chelsea, madrid,barcelona, bayern muniche, et al, doesn't make one a football analytical genius over Qpr,mk dons,osasuna fans. Incase you don't know, I am a barca fan who support and wish chelsea well in epl.
The only truth in what you typed is when SAF brought man u to africa.you are angry that I am telling you nothing but the truth,you pouring out insult will not make u feel better.
Mikel change his mind because he realised,he will not been given chance like other african that went there. Tell me, is welbeck better than manucho, is rooney better than tevez, ucl final against chelsea, rooney was awful, they even sub. Him out, tevez was the man that day, ucl 2011 final against my mighty barca SAF dropped babertov for owen, what will you call that huh, which big club in england doesn't use english player except when they are average, only SAF buy any english player jus to get help from referee and english FA(zaha 17mil).
Bro. SAF is a cheat even all clubs fan in UK know this so, stop justifying his did over the years karma is here now.
Incase you don't know torres and shevy were signed by abrahimovich they weren't signed by the club's money.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:02am On Aug 28, 2014
AirborneLacer: a fee within the region of £15-20m would just be it.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
you must really think you cast spell on more clubs than PSG
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:12am On Aug 28, 2014
[quote author=hensben][/quote]
again you are saying many things without proof & declaring it "truth", who are you to tell Sir Alex players that fits into tactics? smh

just say its your opinion & nobody will give a damn
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:18am On Aug 28, 2014
SailorXY:
again you are saying many things without proof & declaring it "truth", who are you to tell Sir Alex players that fits into tactics? smh

just say its your opinion & nobody will give a damn
there is a proof bro just wait...I am busy now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 28, 2014
SailorXY:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
you must really think you cast spell on more clubs than PSG

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 28, 2014
Good Read:

It is the last week of August, more common as the business end of the transfer window for football fans across the globe. In a week from now, when the British transfer window would have closed, the Premier League clubs will have to register their final squads for the campaign – one they will have to stick to until the window opens again in January.

The clubs will have to declare a roster consisting of 25 players, with a minimum of 8 home-grown players. According to the FA, a home-grown player is one who has spent three seasons at any club in England or Wales, before the completion of the season in which he turns 21. Any player (home-grown or foreign) who is 21 or below during the current season, does not count against the 25-man roster limit.

The squad roster has looked a bit worrisome in the past few weeks, with Chelsea having surplus foreign acquisitions and not enough home-grown equivalents. Recent reports however, suggest the club is looking to sort that out with imminent departures of few players on loan. We’ll get to that later.

First, let us look at the U-21 players who do not take up places in the roster, but make up numbers in the first team squad. These include Kurt Zouma, Nathan Ake and Andreas Christensen. Nathaniel Chalobah and Lewis Baker, both members of the Chelsea U-21 squad, are yet to go out on loan and expected to be in & around the first team, especially during the less crucial domestic cup fixtures. Jamal Blackman is another U-21 squad player who can step up, in emergency situations.

Moving on to the home-grown players, Chelsea have just three candidates for the eight spots .i.e John Terry, Gary Cahill and Cesc Fabregas. Departures of Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole and the sale of Romelu Lukaku have seriously hurt us on this front. Unless the board brings in some home-grown player(s), Chelsea will have to leave five spaces in the 25-man roster. This is a problem which will undoubtedly grow bigger in the next few seasons (with Zouma turning 22 next year) but it won’t be a major issue in this.

Now we get to the crunch of our squad and today’s discussion – the players who were developed abroad and are listed as international on the roster. There are 17 spots and 18 players in the current first team squad. Who gets the axe then??

Rumors have been rife over the last couple of days that Fernando Torres could move to AC Milan on a season-long loan, if an agreement can be reached between the player and the Serie A club over his humongous wages. Although not yet official, various reliable media sources (and the not-so-reliable ones too) have reported that Chelsea and Milan have agreed on season-long loan deals for both Fernando Torres and Marco van Ginkel, with the ball resting in the players’ court now. If everything goes as expected, the club will have 16 foreign players and one more open spot up for grabs! In spite of Jose re-iterating the notion of “Chelsea being calm” in the market over the next few days, it is highly unlikely that him or the board would not push for another marquee signing or squad depth option in the final hours. In an event of both the loan deals falling through and both Torres & van Ginkel remaining at the club come September, Chelsea can always exclude Mark Schwarzer from the 25-man squad to fit in the rest.

Let us take a look at the potential Premier League roster, shall we?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:35am On Aug 28, 2014
AirborneLacer:

cheesy cheesy grin
being realistic, what's your evaluation of Torres in today's market?

I'll say €6m cuz of the little change his 'name' might generate in shirt sales undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 28, 2014
The players marked in blue suggest home-grown players, while those in red suggest foreign players. The U-21 players are marked in grey and won’t occupy any slot in the roster. Schwarzer and van Ginkel are marked in green suggesting the fact that one of them will be excluded from the 25-man squad.

The primary look-out for Chelsea fans, in the next few days, will be on the fact if the club is able to offset a portion of the FFP hit from Torres’ contract and free up the position held by him, with a loan. In such a case, Chelsea will look to bring in much-essential cover for Diego Costa. The rest of the squad looks pretty much settled and no major movement is expected, unless Jose decides to splash the cash on a certain home-grown central midfielder, plying his trade for “The Old Lady”.

All in all, Chelsea have a good squad with excellent depth at most positions (in fact, excessive depth at goalkeeping) and little bit of tinkering here & there would elevate it to a totally unbeatable level.

http://chelseaindex.com/1123/up-for-grabs-the-squad-roster.html

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 28, 2014
I've been meaning to share this article with this house, must read for every Chelsea fan!

The Last Time We Were Champions.

http://chelseaindex.com/1063/chelsea-double-winners-review.html

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 28, 2014
SailorXY:
being realistic, what's your evaluation of Torres in today's market?

I'll say €6m cuz of the little change his 'name' might generate in shirt sales undecided

Pay Ibime no mind, Torres is worth 15million pounds! cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 11:07am On Aug 28, 2014
Not bad as feared

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 11:10am On Aug 28, 2014
Dhelake: Not bad as feared

cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2014
AirborneLacer: I've been meaning to share this article with this house, must read for every Chelsea fan!

Thanks for this. I done switch to thís website. I'm not reading weaintgotnohistory and their bunch of unknowledgeable American writers who don't understand the first thing about footie again.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
AirborneLacer: I've been meaning to share this article with this house, must read for every Chelsea fan!

Thanks for this Website.. I miss Ballack.. cry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mikeywise(m): 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Chelsea could decide to remove Torres from the market after Costa injury.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ibime:
Thanks for this. I done switch to thís website. I'm not reading weaintgotnohistory and their bunch of unknowledgeable American writers who don't understand the first thing about footie again.

Bimfo:
Thanks for this Website.. I miss Ballack.. cry

Chelsea Index is the best at the moment, the folks there are amazing with analysis and stats.

I hardly disagree with their write-up, They've got blue blood streaming in their viens!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
mikeywise: Chelsea could decide to remove Torres from the market after Costa injury.

Make dem no try am.. Torres must go.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 12:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Chelsea Index is the best at the moment, the folks there are amazing with analysis and stats.

I hardly disagree with their write-up, They've got blue blood streaming in their viens!

The write-up long o. Nice one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
Happy birthday Cesar Azpilicueta.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mikeywise(m): 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Tval:

Make dem no try am.. Torres must go.
Milan cannot pay his wage, he should atleast stay for one more season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Drogba we see ur hand o!!!! 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!! DIEGO COSTA
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
Tval:

The write-up long o. Nice one.

I'd rather say Indepth analysis cheesy

BTW, who didn't love 2009/10?

We were exceptional and from the way the writer was going about that article, it's quite clear his emotions were running high.

He never wanted to stop writing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
Keky: Drogba we see ur hand o!!!! 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!! DIEGO COSTA

Who talk that one? Abi na winch.

Abeg if Costa injure, Torres must still GO! I'd rather trust Patrick Bamford!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lassana Diarra on a free transfer anyone?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
If Schurrle is fit, he should play 9 abeg...ko buru

Torres should just G n D in Milan
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ibime:

Who talk that one? Abi na winch.

Abeg if Costa injure, Torres must still GO! I'd rather trust Patrick Bamford!

Now u r talking.. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hasn't Bamford been loaned out to Boro?

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (19147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Khaytunechi, a4turitoroman and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.