Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10546582 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) ... (19175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
raumdeuter:

WHen I tell you to pay attention you say otherwise. Lewandoski was replaced by the highest goal scorer in the Serie A

Who did Arsenal replace Van persie with? Giroud and Sanogo, who did they replace Sagna with? Chambers. Who did they replace Nasri with Oxlade Chamberlain yet with every signing worse than their predecesors, they've never flirted with relegation, they've never lost 5 in a row HECK theyve never missed top 4 !!!

Arsenal can sell their entire 11 get a bunch of rookies and still make top 4. Yeah thats so unpredictable. Yet DOrtmund sells 2 players and are now losing 5 in a row and battling relegation

Every single week I can give you upsets results on the top 4 of the previous season.

WHats heart wrenching about Chelsea having won all their games except the ones against the 2 Manchester giants? Heart wrenching try bottom 4 consisting of 3 recent winners

Hehehe

Immobile? Thanks for reminding me. Still an unproven midget who managed to score aplenty while at Torino. Tell me, how's the midget doing now compared to Lewandowski?

Chamberlain replaced Nasri? Mate when was the last time you saw an Arsenal game? grin cheesy

Aren't you forgetting something? Ozil and Sanchez are Arsenal players. I guess Dortmund would have to lease-out Signal Iduna to acquire the services of those superstars.

Save me this ruckus mate, I got a show to pull off by mid-night.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:16am On Nov 11, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Hehehe

Immobile? Thanks for reminding me. Still an unproven midget who managed to score aplenty while at Torino. Tell me, how's the midget doing now compared to Lewandowski?

Chamberlain replaced Nasri? Mate when was the last time you saw an Arsenal game? grin cheesy

Aren't you forgetting something? Ozil and Sanchez are Arsenal players. I guess Dortmund would have to lease-out Signal Iduna to acquire the services of those superstars.

Save me this ruckus mate, I got a show to pull off by mid-night.

Immobile has scored more goals for Dortmund than lewandoski has for Bayern. And regardless of how he scored the goals, he was named top scorer in a league.

So Nasri that left in 2011 was replaced by Ozil 2 years later or Sanchez 3 yrs later. Lol.

Maybe we can conclude Chelsea replaced Robben with Mata who was bought years after
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 12:49am On Nov 11, 2014
I know we have all been complaining about schurrle but seriously,i dont want us to sell him...he is like kalou to the team,one of them frustrating members of your team that you still like no how no now...i bin miss kalou when he go especially as na moses we come replace am with lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 3:13am On Nov 11, 2014
chic2pimp:

MARKETING is pretty much the reason why. And All credit should be given to the brain(s) behind the EPL's Marketing strategy in the 90s. He/They got it spot on.

Also I think we need to make a clear distinction between what we term "THE BEST" and the "THE MOST POPULAR" league in world football. A league might be incredibly popular but not necessarily be the best league in the world. I'd use last season as an example. I think it is fair to say La Liga was the best league in the world but the EPL remained the most popular. Now if you asked a few observers what the better league was, they'll say it was the EPL.

I doubt Serie A in it's 90s heydays was even as popular as the EPL then sef.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:24am On Nov 11, 2014
undecided What type of Argument is this sef Even a Mad man will know the EPL is better and more competitive to the Bundesliga.. Or which good league will get wrapped up at Febraury, when it finishes by May..

There is always Winter break in the Bundesliga, so that the players will rest.. In the EPL, the fixtures comes harder and faster at Winter.. That is when Fatigue will catch Up with Chelsea.. (Our squad is not big)

Forget sey we will carry unbeaten dis season.. We go still lose.. undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 7:18am On Nov 11, 2014
We have got to sign another first team English man, or we are gonna be left with just G. Cahill by the time Terry leaves the club.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 7:30am On Nov 11, 2014
Noah13:
We have got to sign another first team English man, or we are gonna be left with just G. Cahill by the time Terry leaves the club.
Maybe we should sign Barkley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 10:57am On Nov 11, 2014
Dhellake:
Maybe we should sign Barkley

Bamford might be joining up... Didier won't be here for long na
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 11:25am On Nov 11, 2014
mithel:
I know we have all been complaining about schurrle but seriously,i dont want us to sell him...he is like kalou to the team,one of them frustrating members of your team that you still like no how no now...i bin miss kalou when he go especially as na moses we come replace am with lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What about a deal like this [url=backpageheadlines.com/chelsea-boss-to-offer-german-for-bundesliga-target-in-swap-deal/15692]one[/url] taking place.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 11:30am On Nov 11, 2014
Noah13:

What about a deal like this [url=backpageheadlines.com/chelsea-boss-to-offer-german-for-bundesliga-target-in-swap-deal/15692]one[/url] taking place.

Loool I don't see that deal happening but if e happen... Bleep likeness I can like reus too grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 11, 2014
Noah13:

If this report is true, then we're in for a long ride cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
mithel:

Lool I don't see that deal happening but if e happen... Fūck likeness I can like reus too grin

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 7:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
Dhellake:
Felipe Luis Rainbow Flick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZnossXf1tY
Nice move!
But i'd give up watching football for 2 months if Luis pulled off that move on any match-day.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
This is how we could line-up next season if the Reus, Varane & Khedira deals are wrapped up

www.fanatix.com/news/jaw-dropping-chelsea-201516-xi-marco-reus-and-new-centre-back-included/403994/

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
Noah13:
This is how we could line-up next season if the Reus, Varane & Khedira deals are wrapped up

www.fanatix.com/news/jaw-dropping-chelsea-201516-xi-marco-reus-and-new-centre-back-included/403994/

This team will be very Dangerous!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 11:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
Noah13:

Forget Varane, Madrid won't sell that boy and he just signed a new 5year deal this season

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 7:11am On Nov 12, 2014
Noah13:
Nice move!
But i'd give up watching football for 2 months if Luis pulled off that move on any match-day.
dosent this stuff burn data
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mikeywise(m): 9:51am On Nov 12, 2014
Check this out.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 11:09am On Nov 12, 2014
Dhellake:

Forget Varane, Madrid won't sell that boy and he just signed a new 5year deal this season
I just hope this is true

www.metro.co.uk/2014/11/12/chelsea-close-in-on-19m-transfer-deal-for-real-madrids-raphael-varane-4945149/
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 11:11am On Nov 12, 2014
pamcode:
dosent this stuff burn data
It's a 30-second video, so 5mb or less.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
The News of Marco Reus keeps exciting me , Oscar with a big money move to Psg and Reus replacing him would be awesome.

@Dayo

You get problem gan oo , now answer my question and i want straight and direct answer. Is Bundesliga better than the EPL ? and tell me why ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
dyabman:
@Dayo

You get problem gan oo , now answer my question and i want straight and direct answer. Is Bundesliga better than the EPL ? and tell me why ?

Yes Bundesliga is better

Bundesliga has better players which is why their players perform better in major tournaments

Bundesliga teams are better which is why in recent CL Bundesliga have been performing better than EPL teams

Bundesliga is more compeitive which is why the top 4 teams keep changing and a top team today can become a relegation struggler 3yrs from now

Bundesliga has more young talents coming through than the EPL
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hephem(m): 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 5:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
I expect our next game to be a 'chop clean mouth'. But this is football and just anything might happen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 13, 2014
As punishment for their sins, the early Israelites were forced to wander the wilderness for forty years. The unbelieving elders perished, and the young generation took over the land that was promised.

Four years ago, Chelsea were in the promised land. Having just secured the Premier League title and broken the goalscoring record to boot, they began the next season with two 6-0 victories (and making sure that poor Wigan didn’t think the 8-0 victory the season before was a fluke). Unfortunately, four out of a possible fifteen league points in November sent Chelsea on a spiral that ended with Chelsea in fifth place; though they eventually fought back to second the 71 points they earned signaled far greater trouble.

Carlo was fired, and young, brash, Portuguese hotshot (sound familiar?) AVB was brought in; he lasted until March. One di Matteo took over, finished in sixth, but gave Chelsea a glimpse of the Promised Land that had for so long been desired. Surely, we thought, our year of wandering was over.

Cue 2012-13. This was, perhaps, the nadir of Chelsea’s aimless ramblings in the wild. Knocked out of the Champions League, di Matteo was forced to leave. His replacement was one of the most reviled opponents Chelsea had come against, and he brought Europa League glory; even for a wilderness wandering group, it was hard to enjoy.

Then Mourinho was brought in to lead us out. In some ways, he was both Joshua and Moses. And yet, his first season was filled with as much false-hope and half-victory as any season previously. The wilderness wandering continued.

29 points after 11 games. There’s not a single team in the top five European leagues (England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy) that can match that output. Not Pep’s Bayern. Not La Liga’s Real Madrid. Chelsea are outpacing every wonder team around, and it’s possible that they’ve already had their bad patch of form (though there could be more).

It certainly seems like we’re back in the Promised Land. The Israelites were forced to wander because some among them feared they couldn’t conquer their enemies. They were too big, too strong, too mighty. Some might have said the same for us: our enemies are too strong, too deep, too attacking, too ruthless.

I’ll tell you, though, the Promised Land seems nice. cheesy

Damn good read http://chelseaindex.com/2014/11/11/blue-evolution-a-look-at-four-years-in-the-wilderness/

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
Chelsea also plotting a massive £90 million bid for Gareth Bale.

Just imagine having Bale, Reus and Hazard behind Costa grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
Noah13:
Chelsea also plotting a massive £90 million bid for Gareth Bale.

Just imagine having Bale, Reus and Hazard behind Costa grin

This won't happen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dhellake:

This won't happen
Just saying

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) ... (19175) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: larride(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.