Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10539729 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (19171) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2014
Transfer plans hotting up. We only going forward.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JigsawKillah(m): 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
what is this Koke news?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
di maria regret for not signing for psg n man utd fan here claims he signed for them cos he love their club n not for money..hahahahahaha
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/11/16/6194831/di-maria-psg-move-stopped-by-money-problems?ICID=HP_BN_1
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
Italian fans don't have an ounce of decorum in them.

Bunch of deluded mofos.

Croatia have been immaculate through out the night, have had the Azzurris played off the park and are well fancied to grab a winner in this game.

All the Azzurris' fans could offer was to hurl fireworks into the pitch, a lame move I'm pretty sure is geared toward sparing the world the blushes of their technically inept players.

Chic2pimp when are you gonna curse Italy and die? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
Someone please check up Soton's schedule and tell me how true this ish is.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 10:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
24 Nov 21:00 Aston Villa vs Southampton Sky Sports 1/HD, Viasat Fotbo…

30 Nov 14:30 Southampton vs Manchester City Sky Sports 1/HD, Canal+ Sport,

03 Dec 20:45 Arsenal vs Southampton BT Sport 1, NBC Sports Live E…

08 Dec 21:00 Southampton vs Manchester United Sky Sports 1/HD, Sky Go, NOW T…

13 Dec 16:00 Burnley vs Southampton NBC Sports Live Extra, Sky Me…

20 Dec 16:00 Southampton vs Everton NBC Sports Live Extra, Sky Me…

26 Dec 16:00 Crystal Palace vs Southampton NBC Sports Live Extra, Sky Me…

28 Dec 16:00 Southampton vs Chelsea NBC Sports Live Extra, Siriu…

01 Jan 16:00 Southampton vs Arsenal NBC Sports Live Extra, Sky Me…

10 Jan 16:00 Manchester United vs Southampton NBC Sports Live Extra, Sky Me…
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 11:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Nihilist:

That was some baad skill there mehn....

Still not as good as the master though

Please, say that again!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
coded01:

Please, say that again!!! grin grin grin

That was a great toe poke from the master himself.

Nobody can begrudge a Ronaldnho goal....Ask the Real Madrid Fans that stood up to applaud the master after he destroyed them during a classico

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:18am On Nov 17, 2014
AirborneLacer:
Italian fans don't have an ounce of decorum in them.

Bunch of deluded mofos.

Croatia have been immaculate through out the night, have had the Azzurris played off the park and are well fancied to grab a winner in this game.

All the Azzurris' fans could offer was to hurl fireworks into the pitch, a lame move I'm pretty sure is geared toward sparing the world the blushes of their technically inept players.

Chic2pimp when are you gonna curse Italy and die? grin grin

That was Croatia fans messing about.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 17, 2014
Ibime:

That was Croatia fans messing about.

Woah! You know I thought it was the Azzurris who had the flares through the course of the game.

After the first 45mins I left the game to handle someother stuffs, just to step back and be greeted with smokes, It was easy to conclude who was responsible cheesy

Stuff was embarrasing really.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 17, 2014
Tval:

Bar the Burnley and Palace games, It's almost thisame schedule.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Biggty(m): 9:54am On Nov 17, 2014
Tval:

Southampton is definitely going down, i can't see how they can keep up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
Who would you guys wanna see as a successor for Terry if he leaves the club.

I'd go with Varane.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 2:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
Noah13:
Who would you guys wanna see as a successor for Terry if he leaves the club.

I'd go with Varane.

Zouma is Terry's successor
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 2:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
Dhellake:
Zouma is Terry's successor
Not for captaincy. As a CB replacement.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 2:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
Noah13:
Not for captaincy. As a CB replacement.
Have already modified that post
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
If Real is serious about selling Varane, I won't think twice to cop him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
Tval:

I like the underestimation of Southampton going on in here. It's very clear to see that no one here has actually seen a game of theirs. Apart from the Chelsea games(obviously), based on the way I have seen Southampton play, they can win all those games.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
nateevs:

I like the underestimation of Southampton going on in here. It's very clear to see that no one here has actually seen a game of theirs. Apart from the Chelsea games(obviously), based on the way I have seen Southampton play, they can win all those games.

Football is not mathematics and obviously anybody can beat anybody...but I don't expect Soton to beat the bigger names on that list bar Arsenal(due to Arsenal's penchant to balls up)

Southampton v Leicester in particular showed that So'ton are not the all conquering juggernaut their league position suggests. They looked clueless in the final third, and it was the industry of Shane Long that saved the day with only about 15 minutes to go.

Industry is all well and good against the smaller sides, but is very rarely enough to take on and beat the big boys.

So yes Southampton can beat City, Manyoo, Arsenal, and Chelsea on paper...most people just don't expect them to.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
Make Southampton just beat Man City, we no send whether they win or lose the rest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
Ibime:
Make Southampton just beat Man City, we no send whether they win or lose the rest.

!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nihilist:

Football is not mathematics and obviously anybody can beat anybody...but I don't expect Soton to beat the bigger names on that list bar Arsenal(due to Arsenal's penchant to balls up)

Southampton v Leicester in particular showed that So'ton are not the all conquering juggernaut their league position suggests. They looked clueless in the final third, and it was the industry of Shane Long that saved the day with only about 15 minutes to go.

Industry is all well and good against the smaller sides, but is very rarely enough to take on and beat the big boys.

So yes Southampton can beat City, Manyoo, Arsenal, and Chelsea on paper...most people just don't expect them to.

And the under-estimation continues. Especially exemplfied by the "So'ton are not the all conquering juggernaut their league position suggests" . . . What else could they be? The league position does not lie.

My post aimed to bring interesting facts to the fore by focusing on what makes them strong rather than their reputation as a small team. You are wrong that they are not what their league position suggests. Looking at the facts that matter, you realise quickly that apart from being free scoring in attack, they are exceptionally strong in defense. Conceding only 5 goals after 11 games. That's 6 less than Chelsea have conceded and 7 less than City. They have at this moment in time, the best defense in the league.

Look Southampton may well fall apart due to other reasons apart from team strength and ability (e.g squad depth, injuries to key players); what I find funny is that just like important parts of their success are being ignored now, many people will say 'oh we knew they were going to fall apart'.

To the point of expectation, nobody can win here right now. Based on their games I have seen, their organization in defense and the stats to back it up, I expect them to come out of the tight fixtures way better than most people give them credit for. If others don't I cannot force it. Time will tell.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2014
@nateevs how many points do you think the soton's will pick from the next run of games
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
nateevs:

And the under-estimation continues. Especially exemplfied by the "So'ton are not the all conquering juggernaut their league position suggests" . . . What else could they be? The league position does not lie.

My post aimed to bring interesting facts to the fore by focusing on what makes them strong rather than their reputation as a small team. You are wrong that they are not what their league position suggests. Looking at the facts that matter, you realise quickly that apart from being free scoring in attack, they are exceptionally strong in defense. Conceding only 5 goals after 11 games. That's 6 less than Chelsea have conceded and 7 less than City. They have at this moment in time, the best defense in the league.

Look Southampton may well fall apart due to other reasons apart from team strength and ability (e.g squad depth, injuries to key players); what I find funny is that just like important parts of their success are being ignored now, many people will say 'oh we knew they were going to fall apart'.

To the point of expectation, nobody can win here right now. Based on their games I have seen, their organization in defense and the stats to back it up, I expect them to come out of the tight fixtures way better than most people give them credit for. If others don't I cannot force it. Time will tell.

I couldn't agree more after watching the QPR - City game.
That game, if not certain factors should have ended 4-2 in favour of QPR.

The EPL underdogs are evolving and i think Southampton will be the first to prove a point - qualifying for the CL.

Although some may think it's impossible - time will tell.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2014
So'ton's next 10 EPL games are 30 points to win or lose, perhaps the most difficult run of fixtures in their history. RK has done a very good job over there, now is time to prove AGAIN his tactical 'depth' ability as a former top player and skilled manager. I'll just keep my *fingers crossed*.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
nateevs:

When you look at the underlying stats, you'll further understand what I'm saying.

Like I said in the game against Leicester, they actually looked clueless in the final third. Their number 9 hasn't had a single shot on target in his last 3 games!

Attacking wise, Southampton have had fewer attempts on goal(155) than Manyoo(161), City(198), Arsenal(185), Chelsea(164), Liverpool(162), and WestHam(158).

They've created fewer clear cut chances(21) than City(28), Arsenal(28), Chelsea(28), and Spurs(23)

They also creating chances slower(6.7 minutes per chance) than Manyoo(6.5), City(5.3), Arsenal(5.7), Chelsea(6.4), Liverpool(6.5), and WestHam(6.6).

So you can see that the statistics back up my assertion that they are not the attacking Juggernauts the log table would have us believe

Southampton have been attacking like a top half side, maybe even a side that challenging for the Europa spot, but certainly not like a side that can sustain a challenge for the top 4.

I'd like to point out that while So'ton have scored 23 goals so far, 12 of those goals came from only 2 games. They have mostly ground out 1-0 or 2-1 victories so far this season. And these victories have been against defensively suspect sides in the first place

That being said, they have been very very good so far in taking their chances whenever it appears, and defensively they have been solid...but abeg dont believe the hype. Southampton this year are the Everton of last season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
This is what happens when ninjas don't handle business in the bedroom.

Thibaut Courtois vs Kevin De Bruyne:

This is a story that's one part sordid and about eight million parts hilarious. Be warned.

As most Chelsea fans will be aware, last year there was a rumour that Belgium and kind-of-Chelsea teammates Thibaut Courtois and Kevin de Bruyne had had a bit of a dust-up. Specifically, the allegation went that Courtois stole de Bruyne's girlfriend, and that the world-famous Tin-Tin impersonator was mildly unamused by the whole affair. And then ... nothing.

Until the glorious day in which de Bruyne, now at Wolfsburg, decided to release an autobiography, and said girlfriend, a young woman by the name of Caroline Lijnen, opted to respond. Get the popcorn ready, kids ...

I remained silent over the past year and a half. Not because I wanted to say nothing, because I could not say anything. The parents of Kevin would take legal action if I would tell my version of the story.

In the summer of 2012 I was told that Kevin himself had an affair with my then best friend. I then faced a choice with him. He choose whether for me or for her, I wanted to give him a chance. We have seized that opportunity, but our relationship has never been the same after that.

Source: Voetbal Krant via SportWitness

... go on ...

Thibaut gave me in that one night, what I'd sorely missed for three years with Kevin.

With Thibaut I could have good conversations and he also cooked nicely for me. Such a thing Kevin never did.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Remember, professional footballers: if you really want to impress the ladies, learn to cook.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by incredibleone: 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
Courtois banged de bruyne's gf!!!!!!! Sharp guy,but he has a very very dummy look
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nihilist:

When you look at the underlying stats, you'll further understand what I'm saying.

Like I said in the game against Leicester, they actually looked clueless in the final third. Their number 9 hasn't had a single shot on target in his last 3 games!

Attacking wise, Southampton have had fewer attempts on goal(155) than Manyoo(161), City(198), Arsenal(185), Chelsea(164), Liverpool(162), and WestHam(158).

They've created fewer clear cut chances(21) than City(28), Arsenal(28), Chelsea(28), and Spurs(23)

They also creating chances slower(6.7 minutes per chance) than Manyoo(6.5), City(5.3), Arsenal(5.7), Chelsea(6.4), Liverpool(6.5), and WestHam(6.6).

So you can see that the statistics back up my assertion that they are not the attacking Juggernauts the log table would have us believe

Southampton have been attacking like a top half side, maybe even a side that challenging for the Europa spot, but certainly not like a side that can sustain a challenge for the top 4.

I'd like to point out that while So'ton have scored 23 goals so far, 12 of those goals came from only 2 games. They have mostly ground out 1-0 or 2-1 victories so far this season. And these victories have been against defensively suspect sides in the first place

That being said, they have been very very good so far in taking their chances whenever it appears, and defensively they have been solid...but abeg dont believe the hype. Southampton this year are the Everton of last season.

Much of those stats prove little. In the crux of the long Torres debate on here, Coogar and I managed to show stats on how few chances/CCCs Chelsea created and by how fewer they were compared to other teams. In some cases, Chelsea stats were worse than mid-table teams. Yet we still managed to stay at the top end of the table for much of the season.

Why is that? Because you don't stay at the top of the table 'primarily' by the number of goals you score, chances you create or frequency of chances created (See Arsenal). Instead, you stay on top by the number of goals you don't concede. (See Arsenal again). I am not saying scoring is not crucial to top-table finish, I am just saying not conceding is more important and that's what Southampton are doing.

So they grind out 1-0, 2-1 wins. That's consistency. Chelsea won a title doing this. At least they are not falling flat on their faces and conceding 8 a game. See something interesting, they have not conceded more than 1 goal in a single game in the league this season.

So their striker has not had a shot on goal in 3 games. Heck Torres didn't have a shot on goal for ages but we still stayed top of the table. Because we didn't concede many. And this is the stat I aimed to present; not attacking stats.

Take away those 12 goals ou refer to Southampton scoring in 2 games and give them 1-0, 2-1 wins in their places. They will still be 2nd on the table. To put things in perspective, take away the 12 goals and 4 points from those two games, give them draws instead; they will still be 3rd on the table tied with City on points. Despite taking out over of 50% of their goals scored this season.

This proves my point. The only point I have concentrated on - Southampton's defensive work. So you see they are not really up there because of goals scored. (I really do not know why this attacking thing came up in the first place. No one's talked about it)

As I said, they may well just bang their heads and go down hill; I just stay on the side of not seeing it happen. We have seen many sides do this thing before - ride at the top for a long. But rarely from defensive solidity. So no, so far, they are not this season's Everton.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
nateevs:

Much of those stats prove little. In the crux of the long Torres debate on here, Coogar and I managed to show stats on how few chances/CCCs Chelsea created and by how fewer they were compared to other teams. In some cases, Chelsea stats were worse than mid-table teams. Yet we still managed to stay at the top end of the table for much of the season.

Why is that? Because you don't stay at the top of the table 'primarily' by the number of goals you score, chances you create or frequency of chances created (See Arsenal). Instead, you stay on top by the number of goals you don't concede. (See Arsenal again). I am not saying scoring is not crucial to top-table finish, I am just saying not conceding is more important and that's what Southampton are doing.

So they grind out 1-0, 2-1 wins. That's consistency. Chelsea won a title doing this. At least they are not falling flat on their faces and conceding 8 a game. See something interesting, they have not conceded more than 1 goal in a single game in the league this season.

So their striker has not had a shot on goal in 3 games. Heck Torres didn't have a shot on goal for ages but we still stayed top of the table. Because we didn't concede many. And this is the stat I aimed to present; not attacking stats.

Take away those 12 goals ou refer to Southampton scoring in 2 games and give them 1-0, 2-1 wins in their places. They will still be 2nd on the table. To put things in perspective, take away the 12 goals and 4 points from those two games, give them draws instead; they will still be 3rd on the table tied with City on points. Despite taking out over of 50% of their goals scored this season.

This proves my point. The only point I have concentrated on - Southampton's defensive work. So you see they are not really up there because of goals scored. (I really do not know why this attacking thing came up in the first place. No one's talked about it)

As I said, they may well just bang their heads and go down hill; I just stay on the side of not seeing it happen. We have seen many sides do this thing before - ride at the top for a long. But rarely from defensive solidity. So no, so far, they are not this season's Everton.

Again you're letting the table deceive you.

While defensively Southampton have be solid so far, you have to remember that most of thier clean sheets have come against clubs who simply don't know where the net is.

It's one thing to keep a cleansheet against Leicester(0 goals scored in the last 5 games) and Hull(0 goals scored in last 3 games) or a dire Newcastle(at the time)

It's another thing to expect that kind of defensive solidity to be on show against the swashbuckling free scoring attackers of City, United, and Arsenal.

Thats exemplified in the fact that So'ton have conceded each time they've met decent attacking opposition this season....West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal and QPR have already breached that backline.

So my Argument is that, if they're not attacking as ruthlessly as the top 4, and only seem to able to keep clean sheets against teams struggling to score anyway, what's the reason for optimism that they can scale through the upcoming fixture list of doom unscathed?

Naah Fam...after this weekend, the party is over for Southampton
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
I guess Nihilist is only trying to point out how sub-par Soton have been on the final third.

I wouldn't call that under-estimation, I think it's constructive criticism.

I would only disagree with Nihilist when he starts throwing lines like 'Considering the fact that Soton have been sub-par on the final third, they don't deserve to be where they are'.

I would consider that a daft assertion cos I've seen great and title winning teams that were built on the foundation of great defense.

Nateevs the only folks who are under-estimating Soton's good run happens to be the dafts at the Manyoo thread.

Some weeks ago, I was trying to bring those lot up to speed with reality and the need to appreciate what Keoman has done so far, alas the simps weren't willing to learn cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nihilist:

Again you're letting the table deceive you.
While defensively Southampton have be solid so far, you have to remember that most of thier clean sheets have come against clubs who simply don't know where the net is.
It's one thing to keep a cleansheet against Leicester(0 goals scored in the last 5 games) and Hull(0 goals scored in last 3 games) or a dire Newcastle(at the time)
It's another thing to expect that kind of defensive solidity to be on show against the swashbuckling free scoring attackers of City, United, and Arsenal.
Thats exemplified in the fact that So'ton have conceded each time they've met decent attacking opposition this season....West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal and QPR have already breached that backline.
So my Argument is that, if they're not attacking as ruthlessly as the top 4, and only seem to able to keep clean sheets against teams struggling to score anyway, what's the reason for optimism that they can scale through the upcoming fixture list of doom unscathed?
Naah Fam...after this weekend, the party is over for Southampton

The optimism comes from watching a City side who recently almost conceded 4 goals against QPR but only managed two. What happened to their free scoring attackers then? Arsenal against Swansea? United and So'ton first time around?

Look, you may be right. Time will tell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (19171) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: monerozi5590 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.