Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (879) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10492359 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) ... (19139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tola9ja: 12:05am On Apr 08, 2015
THE NEW EPL CHAMPION

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 12:19am On Apr 08, 2015
A40:

Someone even went to post table from January to show there was competition. Unbelievable

How can a team have no real competition potentially over the course of the last 10 weeks of the season and yet ninjas go on like there is a race

Bro, I agree there was no 'real' competition for a long time but there was competition around December & January period..

On January 2 2015, Chelsea were top because C came before M in alphabetical order.. I mean, Chelsea and ManCity had the same point, the same GF and GA on that day..

So, you cant say Chelsea were not scared then..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 12:22am On Apr 08, 2015
SailorXY:

when United lost the league on goal difference, what was the point difference between them & City by matchday 32? 8 solid points!
@bimffo, you might as well not turn up for your games - the FA will bring the trophy to your door nonetheless cool

So, what are you trying to say?? That ManUre will close the gap by Match 38, and it will be decided by goals?? undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 5:42am On Apr 08, 2015
Bimffo:

So, what are you trying to say?? That ManUre will close the gap by Match 38, and it will be decided by goals?? undecided

Manu of all clubs to catch up wit Chelsea!!! Joke of d millennium.
Chelsea only needs 4 wins and at least 4 draws den lets see how Manu,Mci and asnal will succeed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:23am On Apr 08, 2015
A40:

I said the title was Chelsea's as at 3 months ago. Stop blowing fallacies and twisting words bro.

In a season that runs till May you go back to January to show there was a race? Are you serious? Why stop at January you might as well go back to October

Nothing wrong with my posts which clearly illustrates that I was confident Chelsea would win the league.
some people place bets on a team to win the league before a ball is even kicked for the season. predictions & facts are not on the same page till they happen. what you can say is that your prediction three months ago will come to pass, not that there was no title race three months ago.

no need to flog the matter further.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:31am On Apr 08, 2015
Bimffo:
you still have to play & WIN 4 games before you pick up the trophy, until then football will be vigorously played till match 38 & everything is possible. grin grin

how does the statement mean the title will be decided on GD
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:58am On Apr 08, 2015
Bimffo:

Bro, I agree there was no 'real' competition for a long time but there was competition around December & January period..

On January 2 2015, Chelsea were top because C came before M in alphabetical order.. I mean, Chelsea and ManCity had the same point, the same GF and GA on that day..

So, you cant say Chelsea were not scared then..
Nothing is decided in January or even February so its a choice to be scared during a relatively early part of the season where nothing had been decided. Assuming Chelsea go on to win the league with this margin then it simply means there was no title race
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
SailorXY:

some people place bets on a team to win the league before a ball is even kicked for the season. predictions & facts are not on the same page till they happen. what you can say is that your prediction three months ago will come to pass, not that there was no title race three months ago.

no need to flog the matter further.
This simply means you did not read my initial post to begin with. I highlighted my prediction clearly!

Secondly you cannot be talking about a race in freaking January. With over 15 games to go if that's the case I might as well jump back to October. A team cannot be leading so comfortably at this crucial part of the season and you are here talking about title race like titles are handed out in January
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
A40:

This simply means you did not read my initial post to begin with. I highlighted my prediction clearly!

Secondly you cannot be talking about a race in freaking January. With over 15 games to go if that's the case I might as well jump back to October. A team cannot be leading so comfortably at this crucial part of the season and you are here talking about title race like titles are handed out in January
& I just told you United an 8 point gap over City in 11/12 matchday 32 & still didn't win the title cool

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
A40:

Hell even Kalusha Bwalya has finished higher on the Balon D'or list than Hazard

LWKMD! You want turn my statement to slogan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
SailorXY:

& I just told you United an 8 point gap over City in 11/12 matchday 32 & still didn't win the title cool
Dude no need for history lesson. I'm sure the odds of Chelsea not winning the league would give you a very handsome return. If you get the liver go to William Hill or Nairabet and put $100 against Chelsea winning the league.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 7:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
A40:

Dude no need for history lesson. I'm sure the odds of Chelsea not winning the league would give you a very handsome return. If you get the liver go to William Hill or Nairabet and put $100 against Chelsea winning the league.

#Lobatan.. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
After 9 months of beefing, padding and spewing trash.... Nothing new to argue about, its now if there was competition or not.... I even sight a sailor that wanna drown in hating waters, die hard hater..... If u do laulau the blue sea will carry u away, sailor or not....

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
bigkesh:
After 9 months of beefing, padding and spewing trash.... Nothing new to argue about, its now if there was competition or not.... I even sight a sailor that wanna drown in hating waters, die hard hater..... If u do laulau the blue sea will carry u away, sailor or not....
e be like say biscuit bones dey pap wey you mu this night. you think Chelshit had won the league three months ago as well? I wonder why the trophy is yet to be presented. yeye dey boom!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
SailorXY:

e be like say biscuit bones dey pap wey you mu this night. you think Chelshit had won the league three months ago as well? I wonder why the trophy is yet to be presented. yeye dey boom!

grin Calm down Sailor.. grin

Calm down I say.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 12:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
Please can some of my Big Bros on this Page tell me about 'Yoshinori Muto.' I woke Up this morning to find out we'v bidded for a New player..

Nihilist help me.. sad Please, I dont wanna use Youtube o .

Airbornelacer, biko..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
Bimffo:
Please can some of my Big Bros on this Page tell me about 'Yoshinori Muto.' I woke Up this morning to find out we'v bidded for a New player..

Airbornelacer, biko..
Hian! Practically every players on earth are being linked with a move to Chelsea. Smh. Na which kain jazz una dey use attract them?grin

Maybe this 'Muto' has the "Yokohama shirt deal" connection. You know the Japs nau. They will want one of their own to shine.tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 4:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
Muto is going to be our 'driver' grin next season as we wear the YOKOHAMA shirt for next season, so we should at least have a Japo for our team..

Anyway, its not by-force to sign him but i believe he's good that is why he's being linked to Chelsea and he's just another 22 yr old undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bandely(m): 11:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
Financially, it will be rewarding for Chelsea since our influence will grow in the Japanese, and by extension, Asian market, leading to an increased fan base and merchandise sales.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:51am On Apr 10, 2015
Bimffo:

Airbornelacer, biko..

Hehe

What's there to know about a player who ply his trade in the J-League? cheesy

The only interesting fact about this dude is that he graduated from the University two weeks ago, having studied Economics.

If the lad eventually sign, then it surely has to be a thank you present from us to Yokohama for agreeing to be our personal maga for the next 4 years!

And just like someone asserted, I think we're only trying to win more hearts in Japan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:14am On Apr 10, 2015
Don Jose-Veli with his own 7 day theory. Goddam Tupac leaving clues every where grin

The Chelsea manager is a staunch believer in the power of the collective rather than individual performances.

"I think Wenger said something that is interesting; he is against the Ballon d’Or, and I think he’s right, because in this moment football is losing a little bit the concept of the team to focus more on the individual," said Mourinho.

"We are always looking at the individual performance, the individual stat, the player that runs more. Because you run 11km in a game and I run nine you did a better job than I did? Maybe not! Maybe my 9km were more important than your 11.

Mourinho also says football must be kept in perspective, even if there are times when he uses powers of manipulation for the good of his team.

He added: "I am passionate about football, of course. But for us professionals, if it means everything, we are in trouble.

"How can you compare a football player, a football manager with a scientist, a doctor? You cannot compare.

"I agree that sometimes I can have something of Machiavelli in some of my comments, but no more than that. Not at all."

Mourinho, though, thinks he is benefiting from experience.

He said: "[size=18pt]I think I have a problem, which is I'm getting better at everything related to my job since I started. I feel better and better.[/size] Jor ooooo!!!! grin grin grin

"But there is one point where I cannot change: when I face the media, I am never a hypocrite."

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 1:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hazard vs messi vs Ronaldo.... ........... He isnt doing too bad

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Yustash001(m): 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
bigkesh:
Hazard vs messi vs Ronaldo.... ........... He isnt doing too bad
broda...you just want to cause problem ni...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
The weekend selection.

This weekend I will make my fortune grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
Nihilist:
The weekend selection.

Type out your picks
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
John Terry picks

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
raumdeuter:

Type out your picks

1 pound Acca

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 5:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
Yustash001:
broda...you just want to cause problem ni...
problem?? At all.... If u are talking about arguements, i dnt av time for that right now..... I saw something about hazard i think cfc fans will love to see and i shared it....... Thats y i captioned it 'he isnt doing too bad'... If i wanted' problem '' believe me it would av been worse
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
UEFA Youth League report: Chelsea 4-0 Roma

The Chelsea Under-19s booked a place in Monday’s UEFA Youth League final with a dominant victory in Switzerland on Friday afternoon.

Roma defended strongly in the first half but three goals in nine minutes after the restart ensured Adi Viveash’s side progressed.

Charlie Colkett’s deflected shot opened the scoring in the 47th minute before a brace from Dominic Solanke put the young Blues in control of the tie. Substitute Tammy Abraham added a late fourth to reward a performance in which we had created plenty and controlled throughout.

The young Blues will now face Shakhtar Donetsk in Monday’s final after the Ukrainians beat Anderlecht 3-1 in the day’s earlier semi-final. That game will again held at the Colvoray Stadium in Nyon opposite UEFA headquarters, with kick-off at 3pm UK time.

TEAM NEWS

There were two changes from the side that started the quarter-final win over Atletico Madrid a month previously, with Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Charly Musonda coming into the team.

Christensen, who started in midfield that day, partnered Jake Clarke-Salter in central defence, with Ola Aina and Jay Dasilva at right-back and left-back respectively.

Loftus-Cheek was joined in midfield by Charlie Colkett and Musonda, the latter operating in the no.10 role. Dominic Solanke led the line up front supported from out wide by Jeremie Boga and captain Izzy Brown.

Roma’s team featured two starters with first team experience in striker Toni Sanabria and wideman Daniele Verde.

FIRST HALF

The tie started in a cagey fashion although the Blues made much of the early progress, with Brown’s low effort winning a third-minute corner that was defended well by the Italians. Then Colkett’s drive from distance tested the handling of Gabriele Marchegiani in the Roma goal.

Sanabria’s header following Francesco Di Mariano’s corner might have caused a problem were it directed either side of Collins, and the Chelsea keeper was needed once more to punch away an in-swinging free-kick from Verde.

Brown then forced two low saves in quick succession as Viveash’s side continued to probe for the breakthrough. In the 35th minute, a move inspired by Boga ought to have resulted in a Chelsea penalty. The Frenchman burst into the box and exchanged passes with Brown before beating Marchegiani to the return and being felled by the goalkeeper. The Spanish referee, however, waved away the appeals.

Loftus-Cheek’s deflected shot flew over and Musonda’s arrowing free-kick was well held by Marchegiani before Colkett’s strike whistled past the far post. Roma gave a reminder of their threat as skipper Lorenzo Pellegrini struck a low effort just wide and Clarke-Salter (pictured below) executed a perfectly-timed sliding challenge in the box in the late moments of the half.

SECOND HALF

The young Blues had shown patience with much of their attacking play in the opening half and their efforts were rewarded with two goals within four minutes of the restart. The first was fashioned by persistent work from Brown, the ball falling to Colkett after the captain’s run into the box, and the midfielder’s low strike deflected off a defender to wrong-foot the goalkeeper.

The lead was swiftly doubled as Chelsea grabbed a stranglehold on the semi-final tie. Christensen’s long ball forward had Solanke chasing and the striker beat Marchegiani to the bouncing ball before rolling it confidently into the empty net.

Viveash’s men had added a more ruthless final product to their play in the second half and they soon grabbed a third goal. Colkett found space in the box and his header from Boga’s left-sided centre was spilled by the goalkeeper, who was punished as Solanke prodded in the loose ball. It was an 11th UEFA Youth League goal of the season for the 17-year-old, the competition’s leading goalscorer.

Roma’s threat was largely restricted to set-pieces and Verde forced a good save from Collins with a stinging free-kick from the edge of the box after 66 minutes. Chelsea had generally controlled the game though and continued to look dangerous, with Musonda’s left-footed drive whistling inches wide and Loftus-Cheek’s rising effort flying over the bar.

Substitutes Abraham and Kasey Palmer combined to fashion a chance for the latter, whose shot into the ground was pushed away by Marchegiani and narrowly evaded the alert Solanke in the six-yard box. The two did craft a goal moments later as Abraham (pictured below) turned in the midfielder’s cross from the left at the near post. It rounded off an emphatic performance and sends them into Monday’s final full of confidence.

Chelsea Bradley Collins; Ola Aina (Fikayo Tomori 89), Andreas Christensen, Jake Clarke-Salter, Jay Dasilva; Charlie Colkett, Ruben Loftus-Cheek; Izzy Brown (c), Charly Musonda (Tammy Abraham 75), Jeremie Boga (Kasey Palmer 71), Dominic Solanke.
Unused subs Jared Thompson, Ali Suljic, Kyle Scott, Ike Ugbo
Scorers Colkett 47; Solanke 49, 56; Abraham 83
Booked Clarke-Salter

Roma Gabriele Marchegiani, Silvio Anocic (Stefano Ciavattini 89), Arturo Calabresi, Daniele Verde, Lorenzo Pellegrini (c), Toni Sanabria (Tomas Vestenicky h/t), Francesco Di Mariano (Emanuele Ndoj 77), Andrea Paolelli, Riccardo Marchizza, Christian D’Urso, Jose Machin
Unused subs Ionut Pop, Eros De Santis, Matteo Adamo, Stefano Ciavattini, Edoardo Soleri
Booked Pellegrini, Di Mariano, Anocic

Final: Chelsea vs Shakhtar Donetsk

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 8:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
We need to start utilizing our youth system. Those guys are good. cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:12am On Apr 11, 2015
raumdeuter:
John Terry picks
No Eden '3rd best player in the world' Azadus? I don't believe it

Nihilist:
The weekend selection.

Awon omo oro! E kii n gba

(1) (2) (3) ... (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) ... (19139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hensben(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.