Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1978) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10431670 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1975) (1976) (1977) (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) ... (19107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:35pm On May 24, 2016
diggz:

I totally disagree with the bolded part above.

Sacking an assistant without the consent of the head, directly or indirectly indicates the head is powerless. And, could also mean one getting stripped off certain rights or powers.

Like I said earlier, Ancelotti did not hire the assistant or even choose his assistant in the first place. He met Wilkins there just as LVG met Giggs.
So what power was stripped from him?

Wilkins himself admits that the reason he was sacked was for arguing with Abramovic after losing to Inter Milan....so all these conspiracy theories need to be put to bed.

Only a few years later,the man would be sacked as assistant manager from Fulham for turning up to a game drunk and trying to fight with Brendan Rodgers

Shortly after that, he checked in to Rehab to treat alcoholism

There was clearly an aggressive streak there that led him to get into unwise battles and court controversy.

Remember that this is the same guy that publicly exposed Fabregas as the guy who preferred to lose than win under Jose.

I can already see logical reasons why management would choose not to carry on working with a person like that....and that sounds a lot more reasonable than Emenalo being planted as a spy. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:48pm On May 24, 2016
Pls lukaku was never going to stay back to watch the useless unbenchable expensive trash of 50mil stink up the place and still get to play ahead of him week in,week out. He literally ran for his life and it was no JMs call. However, I hold JM solely responsible for signing the fraud called falcao and won't ever forgive him angry grin

My take on our Igbo brother is simple;
If all the managers have had one or two issues regarding how he interferes directly with their jobs or what players they should buy or not then, he should be placed very far away from the team because, he is the only constant surrounding this misery. And,everyone can not be wrong at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:57pm On May 24, 2016
Nihilist:

Like I said earlier, Ancelotti did not hire the assistant or even choose his assistant in the first place. He met Wilkins there just as LVG met Giggs.
So what power was stripped from him?

Wilkins himself admits that the reason he was sacked was for arguing with Abramovic after losing to Inter Milan....so all these conspiracy theories need to be put to bed.

Only a few years later,the man would be sacked as assistant manager from Fulham for turning up to a game drunk and trying to fight with Brendan Rodgers

Shortly after that, he checked in to Rehab to treat alcoholism

There was clearly an aggressive streak there that led him to get into unwise battles and court controversy.

Remember that this is the same guy that publicly exposed Fabregas as the guy who preferred to lose than win under Jose.

I can already see logical reasons why management would choose not to carry on working with a person like that....and that sounds a lot more reasonable than Emenalo being planted as a spy. cheesy

I get your point however,no company or establishment will choose to sack a team member without letting the head know or getting the go ahead from the head. e.g. in a bank branch, no management will sack or terminate a staff appointment without the consent of the branch head..

If or when they go ahead to do such, it will be obvious even to the manager of the branch that he is not valued,his inputs are not needed and he could be next in line for the sack.

Same applies to a coach and his assistant. Let's not even bother about the so called friendship they share.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:00pm On May 24, 2016
Wilkins being sacked is one thing (he was sacked when Gourlay approached him on the training pitch to explain some substitutions and he told him to leave football matters to the football men).

Imposing Emenalo on Ancelotti is another thing. You don't impose assistant on a manager especially a slimeball who is known for backstabbing and who the manager suspects is the owners spy.

Its the same way the slimeball Avram Grant went on training pitch and started querying JMs players how they feel about JM. These are not qualified football men. These are opportunist ball lickers. Emenalo was coaching under-12 girls team in USA until Avram Grant called him and he learned that sucking ballz can get him promoted above his competence.

But Beasley, The Sun's chief sports correspondent, says the problems run way beyond what is happening on the pitch. And more pertinently, he pointed the finger directly at Abramovich.

He believes the Russian billionaire has already undermined Ancelotti's position by removing Ray Wilkins in a move that smacks of the steps that led to Jose Mourinho's shock departure in 2007.

The fact is Chelsea are in the middle of a shocking, terrible run and they're are a lot of various reasons for it - it's not entirely Ancelotti's fault.

"I would point the finger at the people at the people at the top," Beasley told the Supplement.

"You've got to remember Jose Mourinho had a contract at 2011 with Chelsea and because they started interfering at the top and he wouldn't have it.

"But what they did back then to upset Mourinho - and effectively he left a few months later - was to bring in Avram Grant, impose Avram Grant on Chelsea and Jose Mourinho against his wishes.

"What have Chelsea and Abramovich done this season? They've taken out Ray Wilkins against the manager's wishes and they've imposed Michael Emenalo against the manager's wishes and again, Emenalo is seen as Abramovich's 'Chelsea's spy in the camp' - and the whole thing's gone.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:01pm On May 24, 2016
diggz:
Pls lukaku was never going to stay back to watch the useless unbenchable expensive trash of 50mil stink up the place and still get to play ahead of him week in,week out. He literally ran for his life and it was no JMs call. However, I hold JM solely responsible for signing the fraud called falcao and won't ever forgive him angry grin

My take on our Igbo brother is simple;
If all the managers have had one or two issues regarding how he interferes directly with their jobs or what players they should buy or not then, he should be placed very far away from the team because, he is the only constant surrounding this misery. And,everyone can not be wrong at the same time.

Can you point to any big team in Europe today asides perhaps Arsenal where the manager is fully in charge of transfer decisions?

Most managers won't like it because naturally they want to be in fullcontrol. Rodgers complained about the 'committee' when he got sacked from Liverpool. Even this same Ancelotti complanned about getting into regular 'shouting matches' with PSG leadership.

That one is nothing new.

The argument that I'm actually interested in is the claims that Emenalo was actively hindering the Chelsea managers progress and is directly responsible for our quote on quote failures.

I need proof of this, not speculation. Not guess work. And so far nobody has been able to provide this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:15pm On May 24, 2016
Nihilist:

Can you point to any big team in Europe today asides perhaps Arsenal where the manager is fully in charge of transfer decisions?

Most managers won't like it because naturally they want to be in fullcontrol. Rodgers complained about the 'committee' when he got sacked from Liverpool. Even this same Ancelotti complanned about getting into regular 'shouting matches' with PSG leadership.

That one is nothing new.

The argument that I'm actually interested in is the claims that Emenalo was actively hindering the Chelsea managers progress and is directly responsible for our quote on quote failures.

I need proof of this, not speculation. Not guess work. And so far nobody has been able to provide this.

The managers not having full control is one thing, but not getting the players you also require to carry out your instruction on the pitch is another.

I cannot point at any club asides arrsnal giving wengay full control of transfers, but i can point at clubs and managers who get the kind of players they want to play the way they want. The reason why we keep getting players like djajijawhatever,pato and co. is what I can not understand.

@ proof

Ibime is already doing a good job. Kindly go through what your paddy dey post cheesy

Nihilist I think you should be querying why CFC is the only club in EPL and probably in the entire europe with same issues year in,year out. While we are quick to sack and replace the managers, there is only but a constant, Emenalo...!!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:16pm On May 24, 2016
UK based nairalanders would know that Rob Beasely and/or the Sun is as untrustworthy as the Buhari Government.

This is a man who has published false stories on numerous occasions and has been forced into making several apologies, and even banned from contributing to certain aspects of the media...including the Sunday supplement where he's supposed to have made that statement!

Just Google 'Rob Beasely Apology' if in doubt.

If you're ignorant enough to quote Rob as an authoritative source, then we really shouldn't be having this conversation.

If you're just trying to score cheap poinnts by sneaking that known liars opinion in as facts, then we really shouldn't be having this conversation.

In fact, why are we having this conversation? grin

Man you need to plonk your fat self on a chair somewhere, take off your bra, and go back to enjoying the beach...

Night bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:21pm On May 24, 2016
Nihilist:
UK based nairalanders would know that Rob Beasely and/or the Sun is as untrustworthy as the Buhari Government.

This is a man who has published false stories on numerous occasions and has been forced into making several apologies, and even banned from contributing to certain aspects of the media...including the Sunday supplement where he's supposed to have made that statement!

If you're ignorant enough to quote Rob as an authoritative source, then we really shouldn't be having this conversation.

If you're just trying to score cheap poinnts by sneaking that known liars opinion in as facts, then we really shouldn't be having this conversation.

Man you need to plonk your fat self on a chair somewhere, take off your bra, and go back to enjoying the beach...

Night bro

You dey crase nihilist I swear cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:22pm On May 24, 2016
Nihilist:
UK based nairalanders would know that Rob Beasely and/or the Sun is as untrustworthy as the Buhari Government

There are hundred other sources nigga including a senior insider at Chelsea. That's just one I picked for convenience.

Nihilist:

I'm fit as a fiddle nigga. Tell that to you know who not far from you right now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:23pm On May 24, 2016
diggz:

The managers not having full control is one thing, but not getting the players you also require to carry out your instruction on the pitch is another.

I cannot point at any club asides arrsnal giving wengay full control of transfers, but i can point at clubs and managers who get the kind of players they want to play the way they want. The reason why we keep getting players like djajijawhatever,pato and co. is what I can not understand.

@ proof

Ibime is already doing a good job. Kindly go through what your paddy dey post cheesy

Nihilist I think you should be querying why CFC is the only club in EPL and probably in the entire europe with same issues year in,year out. While we are quick to sack and replace the managers, there is only but a constant, Emenalo...!!!!!

Like I said earlier.

Papy only played 20 minutes of football for us...against Walsall.

I don't know how a conclusive judgement could be made from that.

It is the managers job to get the most out of the players, not the Technical Director. So why is Emenalo being blamed for Jose'said fuckup?

Fabregas came out very recently to say that Jose cause the slump by trusting thr players too much, and allowing such a short pre-season. Abi is Fabregas an Emenalo spy too?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:24pm On May 24, 2016
Ibime:

[s]
There are hundred other sources nigga including a senior insider at Chelsea. That's just one I picked for convenience.

I'm fit as a fiddle nigga. Tell that to you know who not far from you right now[/s].

Dude Enjoy the beach.

I'm out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:45pm On May 24, 2016
Nihilist:
Night bro

Ibime:

I'm fit as a fiddle nigga. Tell that to you know who not far from you right now.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:47pm On May 24, 2016
Nihilist:
I still don't get the hate for Emenalo here.

Like what are you actually blaming him for? Is Emenalo the reason why the same team that finished 1st ended up almost getting relegated?

I mean the guy even offered to resign before Jose came back...

This guy brought in KDB Lukaku Schurrle etc.and Jose chased them away for Eto fils, Willian, etc.

Jose publicly courted Stones, but as we saw this season, that one too is a waste of space, and so what does that say about Jose's judgment? I personally would havr been pissed if Everton had accepted our 40 million pound bid for that overhyped product.

Jose refused to play Filipe Luis who was a damn sight better than Baba Is today.

Chased away Mata and Kept Oscar. Like for reals....

The Matic that Jose supposedly bought regressed so badly that Mikel was keeping him out the team by the end of the season.

Can any of the Emenalo haters actually state what he has done wrong?

Bruh I refuse to treat these claims as facts 'cos they're in no way facts.

As a TD, the primary job of Emenalo is to articulate a coherent footballing vision for the club and use the recommendation of the scouts and budget provided to him by the board to bring in the right personnel to implement that vision. In that task he has been an unqualified failure.

We have been trying to implement his vision of possession based Barcelona-esque attack for the past 5years yet we're nowhere close to it. As part of that vision, he has brought in technically adept but physically and mentally weak players to the team. As part of that vision, he has succeded in stockpiling Chelsea with too many attacking midfielders whilst ignoring the need to stregthen the CM area which has been our team's long standing ''structural defect''.

To answer your question, Micheal phucking Emenalo has failed to present us with a solid feasible vision and has contributed largely in destroying our team.

Look Nihilist, I used to be one of the many people here who got tired of Ibime's Emenalo rant, well not until I took out time to do some research on the man.

What good do you expect from a man whose former job before joining us was to coach a youth girls team in Arizona? 14 caps for Nigeria, only to abandon football to study medicine? He knows nada about football.

He's should be studying the works of Sammer, Sabbatini et al.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:50pm On May 24, 2016
Ibime:

Griffon, pass me that ace of spades in your profile pic.

Meanwhile wake me up when one single player nominates Mikel for the below. What he couldn't smell in 10 seasons, Matic did in his first full season.

I be small boy na, I never reach to buy ace of spades. Na me be the paparrazi for that shot cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:09am On May 25, 2016
raumdeuter:

This is an example of what I am saying. All the poor buys were never Mourinho buys. All the good were his.

If I ask who signed Drogba, Essien Ballack Ivanovic etc they would find a way to link it with Mourinho

Take a look at last season!! We all know that fabregas, Costa, matic, binging back Drogba!! Were mourinhos basic decisions!!! He didn't really sell kdb, lukaku and salah. They asked to leave due to frustration! And u can't really blame José for this because there were better options.. Then you simply can't pick kdb over hazard or lukaku over Costa or shurlle over Willian!!! THEN!!!! These were obvious options which were successful!! And more so they didn't want to be bit part players, they wanted to be in the 1st team.

The subsequent problems which later surfaced was complacency and a lack of quality bench which was down to the meagre purchases by emenalo.. There is no way José would order for papy or baba or hector as a defender.

I don't understand why someone will try to discredit/undermine joses success by rubbishing his transfers! Which most at times are very successful!!! And I can boldy say this Chelsea team has a better spine than the team that won the Europe league in 2013.. Jose strengthened the team with his acquisitions, the current problems in the team now were simply down to BURNOUT and COMPLACENCY.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:49am On May 25, 2016
bigkesh:

First of all, no one is saying he is totally to blame but he is the main culprit.....

KDB,Lukaku,Schurrle, Van ginkel............. KDB wasn't doing well when he was sold so I can understand the failure to put a buy back clause,but Lukaku??
That time we needed to win trophies, Lukaku as our Top 9 wasn't a good idea but the guy wanted to be first choice...... Jose decided Costa was his man,a decision that was 100% on point at that time

Schurrle my arse,that dude is a fraud german with finishing.....
We can't be losing talents to lesser teams without a buyback clause and expect me not to blame the Idiot
Madrid got it on Morata and Carvajal,two big talents from their youth team

Mourinho signings are :
Costa
Fabregas
Felipe
Matic
Zouma and Cuadrado( Not sure)

Without these guys we wouldn't even make the top 4 the year we were Champions.....
Jose said we needed to strengthen to move forward because in football you can't be stagnant if you don't move forward you are moving backwards.. ..

Griezman,Witsel,Diawara,Pogba,Stones,Gaya,Ruben Neves,Marquinhos e.t.c were all his targets......
What did he get?? Hector and Djilobodji

I mean, signing Djilobodji alone is a sackable offence
The final day of the window,everyone was desperate to get someone big.....A Griezman or Pogba signing would have changed everything include the mood in the dressing room

How can you sign Djilobodji ffs?? We needed players to move us to the next level desperately and Emenalo did nothing

Put yourself in Jose's shoes.....
Bench Iva for who?? Baba?? Don't give me the ' who sold Felipe' line.....We all saw how Iva and Azpi did better than him and he asked to leave
Bench Matic for Who?? Mikel?? A Mikel that Jose clearly didn't want... The idiot was quick to negotiate the sales of KDB,Lukaku,Schurrle, Mata and co but couldn't sell Mikel??
Bench Hazard for who??
Bench Fabregas for Who? Ramirez??
Bench Costa for who?

These are his key guys, You will always be forced to think ' They might pick form today, they are the best I have'
José said something when we lost 4-2 at one to that foolish team in the FA cup,he said 'No you understand why I keep using the same Eleven almost every game',This was coming after he played his 2nd eleven against a championship side at home and Conceded 4 goals

We are talking about the ever no nonsense Jose,Someone that benched Casillas,Ramos and co...He did it because he had Varane and co
Are those the players you want him to Trust with his job??
If we had Diawara,Neves,Witsel,Griezman and Garay as back up we will be playing UCL footy next season

You think Jose would keep playing Iva if he had Baines or he would stick to Matic if he had Witsel or Hazard if he had Griezman

Jose said he needs a CB,they gave him fucking Djilobodji when others where signing Vidal,Turan and co....

Truth is Matic,Fab,Costa,Iva and co showed signs since Jan last year,Jose had to get us back to defensive football to get the trophy....

What is Miazga for goodness sake
Pato that Lepacious Bose is fitter than
Hector?? Troy ni
Cuadrado?? When we all knew Douglas was his choice

I can predict Emenalo's move this Summer.......

God bless you just voiced my mind!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tenderheart1: 5:34am On May 25, 2016
Ibime:

Thats because Andrea Berta (Atletico TD) works with his manager, not against him.

Meanwhile when you have insecure niggas like Emenalo who happened on their job by chance, you will find them playing power games with the manager.

From backstabbing Ray Wilkins and spying on Ancelotti

to

Arguing with RDM, choosing every single one of RDMS players to buy or sell, arguing with RDM to always play Torres and ignoring RDM when RDM asked for £10m for Wanyama for his midfield

to

Arguing with Benitez when Benitez told the board he needs a central midfielder

to

Signing plethora of wingers Jose was not interested in, telling the board Jose does not need new players, then getting Roman to release funds for his own signings (Baba, Papy, Adrian and Kenedy), then keeping Lollichon as a spy when Jose and Courtois wanted him out.

His is a history of power games and politics.

You can't and shouldn't put all the blames on Emenalo for some reasons.

1. He's the head of the scouting department, Roman himself gave him the power of recruiting and selling off players, which Mourinho was made to understand b4 actually signing for the Blues the second time.

2. This Man was equally courted by PSG, they desperately needed him after his fall out with Madrid and apparently, PSG were ready to be supportive and allow him make recruitments but he snubbed them for Chelsea.

3. Emenalo, probably sensing danger, with the imminent arrival of the (special one) offered to resign and move on, but RA himself blocked it.

Why then should we keep blaming Emenalo, Mou wanted Pogba, Griezmann, Stones all at once lol, these 3 guys alone will cost the club a lot of money and its still a gamble.

After paying 40m for Stones and he can't just fit in, Maybe 80m for Pogba and anoda 90m for Griezmann that was firing at that point.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:07am On May 25, 2016
Griffon:

Bruh I refuse to treat these claims as facts 'cos they're in no way facts.

As a TD, the primary job of Emenalo is to articulate a coherent footballing vision for the club and use the recommendation of the scouts and budget provided to him by the board to bring in the right personnel to implement that vision. In that task he has been an unqualified failure.

Define Failure.

Between July 2011 and right now - Chelsea have brought in Hazard, Cahill, Cortouis, Azpilicueta, Fabregas, Costa, amongst others under his watch. Are these all the wrong personnel?

Between July 2011 and right now - Chelase have won virtually everything there is to win at club level -FA Cup? Check. League Cup? Check. League? Check. UCL? Check. Europa? Check.

So what IS failure?

We have been trying to implement his vision of possession based Barcelona-esque attack for the past 5years yet we're nowhere close to it. As part of that vision, he has brought in technically adept but physically and mentally weak players to the team. As part of that vision, he has succeded in stockpiling Chelsea with too many attacking midfielders whilst ignoring the need to stregthen the CM area which has been our team's long standing ''structural defect''.

At youth level we've won the FA Cup 3 years in a row. We've won the UEFA youth league twice in a row.

Now look at his Job description from the Chelsea Website direct.
"He has been an important part of the first team management structure since his arrival in October 2007, and now supports the work of the first team manager, leading the club's international and domestic scouting network, and assists in driving the technical programmes of our Academy and international youth network."

You can see that his job is clearly split. For the first team, he is mainly the chief scout.
It is only at youth level that he drives the technical programmes.

Now based on this Job description, can you say he has failed to 'implement his vison'? How can the Technical director 'implement a vison for the first team'? What then is the job of the actual manager?

To answer your question, Micheal phucking Emenalo has failed to present us with a solid feasible vision and has contributed largely in destroying our team.

I need actual proof of this statement. Not speculation or guess work. I need undeniable proof that Emenalo failed to provide a solid feasible vision.

It's extremely important to note that this 'destroyed team won the league only last season. Not two or three seasons ago o. LAST SEASON.

We are a team that went from 1st to 16th! And you want to blame the TD for ruining the team? What was the manager doing? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dadehmola: 7:40am On May 25, 2016
Mikel and Emenalo are the wizards "doing" Chelsea - the manager and other players are simply helpless whenever the aforementioned duo start chanting incantations near one small pond for London.

#End of Story#
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:16am On May 25, 2016
Dadehmola:
Mikel and Emenalo are the wizards "doing" Chelsea - the manager and other players are simply helpless whenever the aforementioned duo start chanting incantations near one small pond for London.

#End of Story#
Lol.
There has to be an element of truth to your assertion grin
How Mikel has been at Chelsea for 10 years is befuddling. It has rank amongst the greatest wonders of the world.
Anytime he is close to being shipped by the management, the deal mysteriously falls through at the last minute.

Nonetheless, Mikel would have been a perfect fit at Barca, some years ago. His patient handling of the ball would have been more suitable to Barca's tiki-taka. It's been clear to everyone that his game is not suited to English, nay British footy at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tng(f): 10:13am On May 25, 2016
In all of this, the recurring decimal is Roman. He creates the enabling environment for "spies" . Unfortunately, he is the one we cant do without.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 2:39pm On May 25, 2016
Dadehmola:

#End of Story#

you have evidence?, videos, pictures, anything??...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 5:06pm On May 25, 2016
Nihilist:

Define Failure.

Between July 2011 and right now - Chelsea have brought in Hazard, Cahill, Cortouis, Azpilicueta, Fabregas, Costa, amongst others under his watch. Are these all the wrong personnel?

Between July 2011 and right now - Chelase have won virtually everything there is to win at club level -FA Cup? Check. League Cup? Check. League? Check. UCL? Check. Europa? Check.

So what IS failure?

Failure is this:

We have been trying to implement his vision of possession based Barcelona-esque attack for the past 5years yet we're nowhere close to it. As part of that vision, he has brought in technically adept but physically and mentally weak players to the team. As part of that vision, he has succeeded in stockpiling Chelsea with too many attacking midfielders whilst ignoring the need to strengthen the CM area which has been our team's long standing ''structural defect''.

We didn't win these titles you're reeling out playing to Emenalo's philosophy. The only time we've won in this period is when we outright abandoned his vision and played ultra defensively. So what is Emenalo really good at?

Nihilist:
At youth level we've won the FA Cup 3 years in a row. We've won the UEFA youth league twice in a row.

Now look at his Job description from the Chelsea Website direct.
"He has been an important part of the first team management structure since his arrival in October 2007, and now supports the work of the first team manager, leading the club's international and domestic scouting network, and assists in driving the technical programmes of our Academy and international youth network."

You can see that his job is clearly split. For the first team, he is mainly the chief scout.
It is only at youth level that he drives the technical programmes.

This is the ridiculous description one can always expect on an official webpage. Emenalo isn't just the first team's chief scout. We often here when a manager is appointed by Roman Abramovich that they have spoken to Emenalo who has pointed out what is expected from them. We hear about meetings with Roman AND Emenalo. and yeah you still think he's there to scout?

Nihilist:
Now based on this Job description, can you say he has failed to 'implement his vison'? How can the Technical director 'implement a vison for the first team'? What then is the job of the actual manager?

That job description is very wrong. Emenalo wields far more influence than the manager, which is a reason why he is in his job and overseeing his 5th different manager. He's the one dictating our philosophy or better still Roman's lapdog grin grin grin

Nihilist:
I need actual proof of this statement. Not speculation or guess work. I need undeniable proof that Emenalo failed to provide a solid feasible vision.

I've overstated this, check my first rebuttal.

Nihilist:
It's extremely important to note that this 'destroyed team won the league only last season. Not two or three seasons ago o. LAST SEASON.

We are a team that went from 1st to 16th! And you want to blame the TD for ruining the team? What was the manager doing? cheesy

Everyone should take the blame for our disastrous season BUT Emenalo IMO should have the biggest blame for creating a huge imbalance in the team.

He failed to provide suitable targets to fix the problems Mourinho addressed in the summer, always talking about youth integration and some damn sickening beautiful football philosophy. He contributed immensely to our woes last season.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:02pm On May 25, 2016
Griffon:

Failure is this:

We didn't win these titles you're reeling out playing to Emenalo's philosophy. The only time we've won in this period is when we outright abandoned his vision and played ultra defensively. So what is Emenalo really good at?

This is the ridiculous description one can always expect on an official webpage. Emenalo isn't just the first team's chief scout. We often here when a manager is appointed by Roman Abramovich that they have spoken to Emenalo who has pointed out what is expected from them. We hear about meetings with Roman AND Emenalo. and yeah you still think he's there to scout?

That job description is very wrong. Emenalo wields far more influence than the manager, which is a reason why he is in his job and overseeing his 5th different manager. He's the one dictating our philosophy or better still Roman's lapdog grin grin grin

I've overstated this, check my first rebuttal.

Everyone should take the blame for our disastrous season BUT Emenalo IMO should have the biggest blame for creating a huge imbalance in the team.

He failed to provide suitable targets to fix the problems Mourinho addressed in the summer, always talking about youth integration and some damn sickening beautiful football philosophy. He contributed immensely to our woes last season.

You've posted your own opinion. If you are not a member of the board, or cannot post a factual source of your information, then I cannot accept anything you say as fact.

It's instructive that you want us to dismiss Emenalo's job description as stated by the Club...in favour of an unsubstantiated theory.

You keep mentioning this so called vision, but who decides the first team tactics? Who choses the first 11?

The only way you can blame Emenalo for the 'failures' of the 1st team, is if you make him the manager.

Emenalo has provided great players. Jose refused to play Lukaku. Costa arrived in 2014. Lukaku has consistently outscored Costa in all competitions since his Diego landed in England.

Was it Emenalo's decision to not play Lukaku?

DeBruyne was sold in favour of Oscar. DeBruyne almost immediately went on to win the Bundesliga player of the year.

Was it Emenalos decision not to play DeBruyne.

Felipe Luis was provided, but not played.Now we're blaming Emenalo for Baba, while Luis is gearing up for yet another UCL final.

Zouma was purchased, and slotted seamlessly into the back four behind Courtouis....another Emenalo signing.

These are verifiable facts and not conjecture.

The club clearly states that it's Emenalo's job to scout players. It's not his job to make them work. That is the job of the Manager!

Pochettino does not buy players at Spurs. He was given Eric Dier, a fullback from the Portuguese league with only 30 senior appearances in his career, and turned him into England's 1st choice DM in less than a season. Died cost only 3m pounds.

Dele Alli was brought straight from league 1 to England's first team in 1 season by Pochettino, who didn't buy him either.

Ranieri didn't sign a single one of those players that won the league. He took them from relegation to champions in 1 season.

Yet we're here blaming a technical director for the managers failings to get the best out of his players.

Na wa o.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:23pm On May 25, 2016
What a lot of people seem to forget is that prior to this season just gone, we had achieved 3 consecutive top 4 finishes, and a load of trophies between 2012 and 2015

That's a lot better than Arsenal, Manyoo and Man City in that time frame.

The reason for all of this argument is our disastrous finish to the season.

If the argument was about failing to make a top 4 finish being due to Emenalo, then I would understand.

We finished beneath WestHam, Stoke City, Southampton, Liverpool, etc.

Southampton sold\lost their best players AGAIN. Liverpool were so bad, they sacked their manager before us. Stoke lost key players for extended periods due to injury and went on a run of games where the conceded 4 goals in 3 back to back games.

Even Manyoo as bad as they were, and United fans will testify, were still a lot better than us.

Come on mehn....

How is Emenalo to blame here?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 7:26pm On May 25, 2016
Nihilist:

You've posted your own opinion. If you are not a member of the board, or cannot post a factual source of your information, then I cannot accept anything you say as fact.

It's instructive that you want us to dismiss Emenalo's job description as stated by the Club...in favour of an unsubstantiated theory.

You keep mentioning this so called vision, but who decides the first team tactics? Who choses the first 11?

The only way you can blame Emenalo for the 'failures' of the 1st team, is if you make him the manager.

Emenalo has provided great players. Jose refused to play Lukaku. Costa arrived in 2014. Lukaku has consistently outscored Costa in all competitions since his Diego landed in England.

Was it Emenalo's decision to not play Lukaku?

DeBruyne was sold in favour of Oscar. DeBruyne almost immediately went on to win the Bundesliga player of the year.

Was it Emenalos decision not to play DeBruyne.

Felipe Luis was provided, but not played.Now we're blaming Emenalo for Baba, while Luis is gearing up for yet another Consecutive UCL final.

Zouma was purchased, and slotted seamlessly into the back four behind Courtouis....another Emenalo signing.

These are verifiable facts and not conjecture.

The club clearly states that it's Emenalo's job to scout players. It's not his job to make them work. That is the job of the Manager!

Pochettino does not buy players at Spurs. He was given Eric Dier, a fullback from the Portuguese league with only 30 senior appearances in his career, and turned him into England's 1st choice DM in less than a season. Died cost only 3m pounds.

Dele Alli was brought straight from league 1 to England's first team in 1 season by Pochettino, who didn't buy him either.

Ranieri didn't sign a single one of those players that won the league. He took them from relegation to champions in 1 season.

Yet we're here blaming a technical director for the managers failings to get the best out of his players.

Na wa o.

Contradictory philosophies brought us here.

It's glaring clear even to the blind that Roman craves the tiki-taka side of footie. It is equally damn obvious to everyone that he had ordered Emenalo the TD to actualize that vision.

This is where it all started and that was in 2012 after our UCL triumph.

- Emenalo failed to lay the foundation for that vision to thrive.
- He failed to address the dearth of quality in our central midfield area.
- He felt the only way to actualize a sexy style of play was by stockpiling the team with technically adept players.
- He failed to understand the basics; that a strong midfield is required to cover the arses of a team's attacking band.
- He inadvertently pushed the chelsea-destruct button.

Jose on his return to the bridge saw these anomalies and requested for Matic's recall. On many occassions he was seen favouring a pivot of Matic - Luiz. That was him sending a message.

We won the league on his [Jose's] second season, a title that had eluded us since Carlo's departure. Mourinho wanted to stregthen. I'm pretty sure there are links out there that supports that claim. He wanted one or two additions and I do remember mentioning the need for squad depth on this thread last year but those requests fell on the deaf ears of the Emenalo led board.

What happens next? Months of close-season transfer mis-steps culminated in failure.

It's easy to blame the manager when things go south in a club but believe me brother, that isn't usually the case at Chelsea. Our Emenalo led board has the blueprint of our downfall.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:33pm On May 25, 2016
Griffon:

Contradicting philosophies brought us here.

It's glaring clear even to the blind that Roman craves the tiki-taka side of footie. It is equally damn obvious to everyone that he had ordered Emenalo the TD to actualize that vision.

This is where it all started and that was in 2012 after our UCL triumph.

- Emenalo failed to lay the foundation for that vision to thrive.
- He failed to address the dearth of quality in our central midfield area.
- He felt the only way to actualize a sexy style of play was by stockpiling the team with technically adept players.
- He failed to understand the basics; that a strong midfield is required to cover the arses of a team's attacking band.
- He inadvertently pushed the chelsea-destruct button.

Jose on his return to the bridge saw these anomalies and requested for Matic's recall. On many occassions he was seen favouring a pivot of Matic - Luiz. That was him sending a message.

We won the league on his [Jose's] second season, a title that had eluded us since Carlo's departure. Mourinho wanted to stregthen. I'm pretty sure there are links out there that supports that claim. He wanted one or two additions and I do remember mentioning the need for squad depth on this thread last year but those requests fell on the deaf ears of the Emenalo led board.

What happens next? Months of close-season transfer mis-steps culminated in failure.

It's easy to blame the manager when things go south in a club but believe me brother, that isn't usually the case at Chelsea. Our Emenalo led board has the blueprint of our downfall.

IM going to decisively counter your argument in a minute. I'm just going to rush my dinner grin

Can you please just confirm that you believe that Emenalo started fvcking us up from 2012?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 7:50pm On May 25, 2016
Nihilist:

IM going to decisively counter your argument in a minute. I'm just going to rush my dinner grin

Can you please just confirm that you believe that Emenalo started fvcking us up from 2012?

Sure sure!

Rush your dinner mudaphucker grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dadehmola: 7:53pm On May 25, 2016
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2338167/Jose-Mourinho-Chelsea-divided-Director-offers-quit-star-hits-John-Terry-influence.html

Nihilist, you might wanna read that article (you fit don read am before sef).

What's your take on it?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:00pm On May 25, 2016
Dadehmola:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2338167/Jose-Mourinho-Chelsea-divided-Director-offers-quit-star-hits-John-Terry-influence.html

Nihilist, you might wanna read that article (you fit don read am before sef).

What's your take on it?

I dont like to post or refer articles in cases like this. I like to post facts.

To me, it's important that we ignore opinions for now....I like to lay the facts bare first before we start drawing inferences.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dadehmola: 8:07pm On May 25, 2016
Nihilist:

I dont like to post or refer articles in cases like this. I like to post facts.

To me, it's important that we ignore opinions for now....I like to lay the facts bare first before we start drawing inferences.

Well, fair Enough..

It's just that some of the evidence/facts wey you bin dey find - na for inside article you go see them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:12pm On May 25, 2016
Griffon my nigga...This one is for you.

Myth Number 1. Emenalo is/was in charge of more than just scouting at Chelsea.

Emanalo was appointed as TD in 2011
As posted earlier, the Chelsea website lists his job description as:
...supports the work of the first team manager, leading the club's international and domestic scouting network, and assists in driving the technical programmes of our Academy and international youth network.

http://www.chelseafc.com/the-club/about-chelsea-football-club/club-personnel/michael-emenalo.html

However at the time Mike Forde was the Director of Football operations....a role he had held from 2007 and till July 2013

His Job description at the time was:
...responsible for all areas of performance and team operations relating to the first team, including player recruitment; medical, sport science, psychology and performance analysis.
https://www.speakersacademy.com/en/speaker/mike-forde/

Notice that Emenalo is listed in a support Role at this time, while Forde is responsible for ALL areas of team operations related to the first team.

This means that between July 2011 and July 2013....Emenalo had a line manager.

To quote Andre 3000, go on and marinade on that for a minute...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1975) (1976) (1977) (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) ... (19107) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amigoss and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.