Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,803 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10434606 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2121) (2122) (2123) (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) ... (19109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2016
hensben:
al these cr7 and messi fan era. Lol.Smh. Last season was depay, the season before depay was di Maria and the season before di Maria was kagawa. Hazard effectiveness to his team is unquestionable even in his worst form can same be said of depay last season.

Before I begin, I want you to note that i'm not saying depay is better than hazard, i'm only referring to last season which you brought up

Depay- 7 goals

Hazard- 3 goals

Now let's look at the effectiveness of these goals

In depay's 7 goals, he put up a man of the match display against club brugge in our first cl tie after going behind by scoring two sweet goals and creating one

He also put up a man of the match performance against Midtjylland after losing the first leg 2-1 away by being involved in 4 of the 5 goals we scored that night

Hazard: scored against tottenham to dent their title hopes

Scored two against bournemouth, one being a penalty to reduce bournemouth's goal difference, wow! what effectiveness
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 2:49pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nihilist:

I've always said that people need to manage their expectations. Not everybody that plays in number 10 is a creative type. Oscar is not a creator.
for how many seasons will we keep "managing" Oscar? a number 10 that is not a creator? holy moly. how did we get here?
Matic has been performing at his position for a long while now and the same can't be said of Oscar - an early season wonder and then drifts off to wonderland like Bigkesh rightly posited. So, I'd say Matic should seat down and rediscover himself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2016
dopeJemi:

Before I begin, I want you to note that i'm not saying depay is better than hazard, i'm only referring to last season which you brought up

Depay- 7 goals

Hazard- 3 goals

Now let's look at the effectiveness of these goals

In depay's 7 goals, he put up a man of the match display against club brugge in our first cl tie after going behind by scoring two sweet goals and creating one

He also put up a man of the match performance against Midtjylland after losing the first leg 2-1 away by being involved in 4 of the 5 goals we scored that night

Hazard: scored against tottenham to dent their title hopes

Scored two against bournemouth, one being a penalty to reduce bournemouth's goal difference, wow! what effectiveness
So when I say effectiveness it means just goals right? Continue.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
hensben:
So when I say effectiveness it means just goals right? Continue.

Chelsea- 10th

So what effectiveness did hazard really bring to the team last season?

Abeg I don tire
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
Skimpledawg:

for how many seasons will we keep "managing" Oscar? a number 10 that is not a creator? holy moly. how did we get here?
Matic has been performing at his position for a long while now and the same can't be said of Oscar - an early season wonder and then drifts off to wonderland like Bigkesh rightly posited. So, I'd say Matic should seat down and rediscover himself.

Why are you focusing on Oscar when Matic is statistically the worst player in our midfield?

I really don't get this. Matic was off through out last season. In 2014/2015, he was the was the most dribbled player in the whole league. I keep saying that what covered for us that year was our high attacking numbers. In 2015/2016 he was rubbish. in 2016/17, it's still a bit early, but Matic is already our worst midfielder.

I would argue that Oscar is the least of your worries, if you're truly just interested in our team's success as an objective fan.

So why don't we talk about the 6'4 elephant in the room, hmm? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
Skimpledawg:

Exercise in futility is comparing a nigga who is just not up to any job to a ninja who has proved he is.

I would rather believe in a ninja who has killed the prem to recover his form after 1 year than to believe in a ninja like Oscar to achieve some magical form he has NEVER ACHIEVED in his life, after 4 years of disappointment. Maybe I'm just a logical person.

Nihilist is busy comparing metrics we know nothing about. Matic makes more passes and more successfully. Matic protects his ball better while Oscar gets brushed aside and dispossesed easily.

Ibime can never entertain comparison of a nonentity like Oscar to a player like Matic who has dominated midfield in EPL and Portugal, and even dominated Chelsea midfield to sege in 2013 Europa final.

Just like Ibime can never entertain any attempt to pull up stats to convince him that Baba Rahman is a viable left back. What is the point discussing useless stats about TOTAL NONENTITIES?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ibime:

Nihilist is busy comparing metrics we know nothing about. Matic makes more passes and more successfully. Matic protects his ball better while Oscar gets brushed aside and dispossesed easily.

You saw earlier that Matic has the lowest possesion ratings out of our 3 midfielders so this statement here is already null and void.

Ibime can never entertain comparison of a nonentity like Oscar to a player like Matic who has dominated midfield in EPL and Portugal, and even dominated Chelsea midfield to sege in 2013 Europa final.
Matic is currently the worst rated central midfielder at Chelsea, and he was utterly dreadful last season

I don't know why you keeping bring Oscar into it. Why don't we just talk about Matic NOW? What does Matic bring NOW? grin

You may have forgotten, but it's 2016 sir, not 2013.

Just like Ibime can never entertain any attempt to pull up stats to convince him that Baba Rahman is a viable left back. What is the point discussing useless stats about TOTAL NONENTITIES?
The wicked run where no one pursueth. What does baba rahman have to do with Matic? grin

You mean you can type up this entire epistle about Oscar and baba, but cannot just say unequivocally what Matic brings to the table today? grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
I think looking at the last stat, we can see why Matic has the 86% pass completion.

Out of those 10 players, hes the only one without a key pass. Everybody is contributing offensively and defensively, that's why the offensive players like Hazard and Fabregas and Oscar has around 83% pass possesion...because they are making risky key passes.

Mehn, Ibime don't worry about Oscar for now. Let's be concerned for Matic. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 3:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
Alessio Romagnoli, Left footed CB. I will prefer him to that Koulibaly guy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
Dhellake:
Alessio Romagnoli, Left footed CB. I will prefer him to that Koulibaly guy.
£35m bid rejected

Stupidity is when you bid for Milan's main man 8 days before the deadline, shebi na Koulibaly we dey up and down.
Sane thing that happened with Stones, they said it was Mourinho's fault
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nihilist:

You saw earlier that Matic has the lowest possesion ratings out of our 3 midfielders so this statement here is already null and void.

I don't like arguing data with someone who does not understand what he is looking at.

Go and check dispossessed stats per game - Matic dispossessed 0.5 times per game to Oscar 1.0 - and I don't look at such small stats. My eyes already tell me that Matic protects his ball better, but since you like to look at meaningless stats, go and look it up.

I only look at few stats when judging deep lying midfielders, and that is no of (1.) no of passes (2.) percentage successful passes and (3.) km covered per game. After that, my eyes judge for themselves.

I have to be stewpid to be looking at stats that tell me a player tackled 1.4 times per game or was dribbled past 2.2 times per game. Any sample size below 10 is meaningless. For example, let us explore the absurdness of what you have been posting.

For example, you told us Matic was wack in 2015 because he was the most dribbled past player with 2.2 dribbles per game.

As an aside, whilst posting up that pic showing him being dribbled 2.2 times per game, you forgot to highlight he made the most clearances of any midfielder with 3.3 clearances per game and his whoscored rating was also the highest. Again, that is a meaningless stat that doesn't concern me, just pointing out your misuse of useless statistics.

Now, lets explore your argument that Matic was the most dribbled midfielder in 2015.

A sensible person asks, what does it take for a central midfielder to be dribbled? First the midfield has to be open for a player to run at you and have space to run into. Fernandinho was dribbled 2.1 times per game, just behind Matic. Why? Because with Yaya Toura jogging back lackadaisically, there is enough space to run at him and dribble him. Fernandinho is one of the best DMs in the league, but he will be dribbled more due to Man City's midfield set-up.

Is it a significant stat that should concern an intelligent person? No.

Matic in 2016 had his worst season and was only dribbled past 1 time per game. In 2015 when he was the best DM in the prem, he was dribbled 2.2 times per game.

Does that look like what an intelligent person would be arguing?

My ninja, you are hurt that Oscar is flopping once again, and everyone can see it. Stop comparing him to Matic. Matic bought our loyalty with 18 months of outstanding work. We will give him a few months to rediscover his form. Oscar the 4 year flop deserves none of our patience. Thats it. Keep your 0.4 and 2.7 type of useless statistics to yourself. I'm having headache reading such meaningless drivel.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
Skimpledawg:
Rumdeuter is at it again grin

Bros wetin I do o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LordEmperoris1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
Fantasy.premierleague.com Join our league with this code 3273112-767005
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nihilist:

Matic has been crap since last season. Jose subbed him in vs Southampton and Subbed him off after just 28 minutes. Hiddink benched the fella almost constantly for Mikel. Under Conte, he hasn't been impressive, well, at least not to me.

Oscar brings running to the side. From a tactical POV, you need at least of of your midfield 3 to make dynamic runs off the ball to open passing lanes and create options. Matic cannot do that and Kante is the defensive lynchpin and thus needs to stay put. Oscar is a tactical necessity.

Matic's role should be the guying spraying the ball about from deep. He is not doing so. That's why I'm wondering what he brings to the side.

In my opinion

In a 3 man midfield

You need a Marker, A passer and a runner

The marker in Chelsea previously was Matic but now I think everyone would agree Kante is a better marker

The passer is still fabregas and I doubt anyone in the midfield does a better job

Now the runner which Oscar is or is supposed to be and one of his job is to join the striker to do the initial press.

So in these 3 categories where does Matic fit?

There are variations to these depending on if you are ultra attacking or ultra defensive. An ultra attack might but drop the runner for 2 passers and an Ultra defence might drop the runner for 2 markers

If Chelsea is playing say Barcelona and decide to defend, they might need another marker in Matic, but when playing West Ham and Watford, you are expected to take the game to them and having 2 markers is just a waste of personnel
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
bigkesh:

£35m bid rejected

Stupidity is when you bid for Milan's main man 8 days before the deadline, shebi na Koulibaly we dey up and down.
Sane thing that happened with Stones, they said it was Mourinho's fault
The way we handle transfers in these days is just tiring.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
raumdeuter:
In my opinion

In a 3 man midfield

The marker in Chelsea previously was Matic but now I think everyone would agree Kante is a better marker

The passer is still fabregas and I doubt anyone in the midfield does a better job

Now the runner which Oscar is or is supposed to be

There is no formation that allows for the uselessness of Oscar.

Every season for 4 years, we start the season making tactical excuses for the inclusion of Oscar, and by Christmas he has played himself out of the team. Like someone said "enlightenment is the realisation that Oscar is not the answer to any football connundrum."

It was my great coach Aime Jacquet who publicised the theory that every midfield needs a passer, runner and marker.

We can play tactical guessing games all we want but players ability determine who plays. Since we are playing tactical hopscotch, I would also be right to say that Kante is the best runner in the midfield and Fabregas is the best passer. Fill in the gap for the 3rd position.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:35pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ibime:

I don't like arguing data with someone who does not understand what he is looking at.

Go and check dispossessed stats per game - Matic dispossessed 0.5 times per game to Oscar 1.0 - and I don't look at such small stats. My eyes already tell me that Matic protects his ball better, but since you like to look at meaningless stats, go and look it up.

How would Matic be dispossessed when he plays safe passes? Matic has so far played the fewest forward passes and long balls of our current midfield trio, so logic dictates that he would be dispossessed less. Or do you honestly expect Oscar who moves into more advanced positions and heavily marked areas to have lower dispossessed stats than Matic who sits behind and passes backwards? Are you sure you know what statistics are? grin

I only look at few stats when judging deep lying midfielders, and that is no of (1.) no of passes (2.) percentage successful passes and (3.) km covered per game. After that, my eyes judged for themselves.
We currently play 2 deep lying midfielders. Matic has inferior stats in all categories when compared to Kante. If you expand the sample to include Oscar, Matic falls short again! Based on those stats you posted, Mikel would win the Balon D'or, that's why the boffins more knowledgable than yourself decided to come up with a possesion rating system that relies on a bit more that no of passes and percentage of successful passes per game, and yet again Matic falls short! You may need a trip to specsavers.

Now, lets explore your argument that Matic was the most dribbled midfielder in 2015.

A sensible person asks, what does it take for a central midfielder to be dribbled? First the midfield has to be open for a player to run at you and have space to run into. Fernandinho was dribbled 2.1 times per game, just behind Matic. Why? Because with Yaya Toura jogging back lackadaisically, there is enough space to run at him and dribble him. Fernandinho is one of the best DMs in the league, but he will be dribbled more due to Man City's midfield set-up.

I don't see why you're trying to blame the team for Matic's individual failings. Matic was dribbled past more than any midfielder in league, even more than his partner Fabregas. Maybe the fact that he had more tackles than anybody else meant showed that he was being aggressive and players were takingf advantage of that?

you forgot to highlight he made the most clearances of any midfielder with 3.3 clearances per game and his whoscored rating was also the highest. Again, that is a meaningless stat that doesn't concern me, just pointing out your misuse of useless statistics.
It's a good job you mentioned that is a meaningless stat because it only shows that Matic was in a position to get clear the ball from inside the box, which is good, but hardly an indicator of world class ability.

One on one when players caught Matic, they were dribbling the daylights out of him. That was a warning sign that we all missed.

Matic in 2016 had his worst season and was only dribbled past 1 time per game. In 2015 when he was the best DM in the prem, he was dribbled 2.2 times per game.

Does that look like what an intelligent person would be arguing?

This just shows that you have no understanding of statistics in football. Any fan would tell you that last season, Ivanovic was the gateway to our goal. Ivanovic express was free, no tollgate, no police. Which is why Chelsea conceded the most chances on that flank than any other team in the league! Now considering that Matic played on the left side of midfield, whilst Ivanovic was busy getting caught upfield on the other side of the pitch, why should Matic replicate his 'dribbled past heroics'? grin

My ninja, you are hurt that Oscar is flopping once again, and everyone can see it. Stop comparing him to Matic. Matic bought our loyalty with 18 months of outstanding work. We will give him a few months to rediscover his form. Oscar the 4 year flop deserves none of our patience. Thats it. Keep your 0.4 and 2.7 type of useless statistics to yourself. I'm having headache reading such meaningless drivel.

You should stick to hating bruh. Don't try and argue stats that you don't understand. grin

Let's talk about Matic baby, Let's talk about Matic and me, lets talk about all the good things, and the bad things yes baby... grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ibime:

There is no formation that allows for the uselessness of Oscar.

Every season for 4 years, we start the season making tactical excuses for the inclusion of Oscar, and by Christmas he has played himself out of the team. Like someone said "enlightenment is the realisation that Oscar is not the answer to any football connundrum."

It was my great coach Aime Jacquet who publicised the theory that every midfield needs a passer, runner and marker.

We can play tactical guessing games all we want but players ability determine who plays. Since we are playing tactical hopscotch, I would also be right to say that Kante is the best runner in the midfield and Fabregas is the best passer. Fill in the gap for the 3rd position.

Which is fine, If Kante is the runner then he is doing a poor job, He should be doing sprints upandan the field, Joining Costa to press and also be back in the midfield mix under 15 seconds

At the marking its obvious Matic has been failing which is why Jose and Hiddink threw him on the bench atimes for Mikel which shows how bad he has been
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
raumdeuter:

In my opinion

In a 3 man midfield

Now the runner which Oscar is or is supposed to be and one of his job is to join the striker to do the initial press.

There are variations to these depending on if you are ultra attacking or ultra defensive. An ultra attack might but drop the runner for 2 passers and an Ultra defence might drop the runner for 2 markers

If Chelsea is playing say Barcelona and decide to defend, they might need another marker in Matic, but when playing West Ham and Watford, you are expected to take the game to them and having 2 markers is just a waste of personnel

It's not allowed to make sense as far as Matic is concerned.

The only way for Ibime to avoid dissing the man he once said 'was more important than Hazard to the team' is to deflect on Oscar.

Unfortunately, in any metric that matters so far, Oscar has done a better job than Matic this season. If Oscar drops dead tommorow, Ibime would continue to blame his dead body, rather than address the shocking and abrupt decline that matic has suffered.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nihilist:

How would Matic be dispossessed when he plays safe passes? Matic has so far played the fewest forward passes and long balls of our current midfield trio, so logic dictates that he would be dispossessed less. Or do you honestly expect Oscar who moves into more advanced positions and heavily marked areas to have lower dispossessed stats than Matic who sits behind and passes backwards? Are you sure you know what statistics are? grin

Like I said, before arguing stats with someone, you have to be sure that they understand what they are talking about, and you clearly don't.

Being dispossessed is not about misplacing passes as you have erroneously stated above. You are dispossessed when someone plays a pass into you and you cannot hold off your opponent with strength or good touch or combination of both.

When the ball is within your body and someone barge you off the ball and take it off you, that is being dispossessed. If you try to dribble and someone shade you and take the ball off you, you have been dispossessed. Matic is one of the best at keeping the ball within his possession.

So repeat after me. . . . Oscar is easy to dispossess, Matic is hard to dispossess.

If on a scale of 1 to 10, if Mousa Dembele is 10 in terms of ability to hold onto the ball under physical pressure, Oscar would be 4, Matic would be 8 and Mikel would be 9.

Since you erroneously believe dispossession is misplacing passes, please do this GCSE question for me.

If Oscar makes 50 passes per game, at 83% success rate. How many times was he dispossessed according to Nihilist? The answer would be (100-83)/100*50 = 8.5 times per match, yet your intelligent brain cannot look at stats saying he is dispossessed only once a game and figure out that your definition is wrong?

Why would an intelligent person not develop headache when discussing statistics with you? You have given me enough headache for one day abeg. Adieu.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
raumdeuter:

Which is fine, If Kante is the runner then he is doing a poor job, He should be doing sprints upandan the field, Joining Costa to press and also be back in the midfield mix under 15 seconds

Which shows that Conte is not playing to Aime Jacquet's theory so stop trying to fit everything into the one theory.

Conte decided not to have the passer in that midfield mix.

Meanwhile Barca decide not to have the runner or marker, and prefer to have 3 passers.

At the end of the day, it comes down to the ability of the players over tactics, so no need making tactical justifications for anything. If you have been following since preseason, you will know that Kante and Matic are the preferred options for Conte whilst Oscar and Fabregas especially are expendable.

If Conte plays 4-4-2, Oscar will drop for Batsuayi and keep Matic and Kante as the two midfielders.

Unless we are playing a small team will Conte go with Kante, Fab, Oscar like you said.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ibime:

Like I said, before arguing stats with someone, you have to be sure that they understand what they are talking about, and you clearly don't.

Being dispossessed is not about misplacing passes as you have erroneously stated above. You are dispossessed when someone plays a pass into you and you cannot hold off your opponent with strength or good touch or combination of both.

Why not post the dispossesed stats of Terry and Courtois too. grin
I'm talking about average positions. Oscar is in positions where he is surrounded by centerbacks and defensive midfielders. Matic is in positions where he's only being marked by the opposing 10 and/or a striker, now tell me who is likely to be dispossessed? I put the pass direction to serve as an indicator of relative position and you're still arguing irrelevancies. The same reason why Hazard is dispossessed more times than Matic is the same for Oscar. Put Matic in Oscar's position and see if he doesn't lose the ball more. Are you sure you understand stats at all? grin

Since you erroneously believe dispossession is misplacing passes, please do this GCSE question for me.

If Oscar makes 50 passes per game, at 83% success rate. How many times was he dispossessed according to Nihilist? The answer would be (100-83)/100*50 = 8.5 times per match, yet your intelligent brain cannot look at stats saying he is dispossessed only once a game and figure out that your definition is wrong?

Why would an intelligent person not develop headache when discussing statistics with you? You have given me enough headache for one day abeg. Adieu.

You are an olodo. grin

Like I said earlier, the direction of the passes was to give you a rough reference point to where they collect their passes. Matic plays short passes and does not move forward. Why would you expect him to be dispossed more times than Oscar who plays riskier passes and has to move into attacking positions to play said passes?

Why do you think that Costa as strong as he is has been disposseed 2.5 times a game. Same as Hazard. grin

You have been mortally destroyed today mate. Just go and sin no more, but dont let me catch you discussing stats again capisce? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ibime:
Which shows that Conte is not playing to Aime Jacquet's theory so stop trying to fit everything into the one theory.

Conte decided not to have the passer in that midfield mix.

Meanwhile Barca decide not to have the runner or marker, and prefer to have 3 passers.

At the end of the day, it comes down to the ability of the players over tactics, so no need making tactical justifications for anything. If you have been following since preseason, you will know that Kante and Matic are the preferred options for Conte whilst Oscar and Fabregas especially are expendable.

If Conte plays 4-4-2, Oscar will drop for Batsuayi and keep Matic and Kante as the two midfielders.

Unless we are playing a small team will Conte go with Kante, Fab, Oscar like you said.

But you have been playing small teams aka Watford and West ham not Barcelona, PSG or Bayern. Or if Watford isn't a small team then who is the small team in your league?

Barcelona decides not to because of their tactics they deploy a high line congest the opponents half of the field which makes them dominate possesion and dont have a need for a marker and a runner when the opposition is sitting in its box, but they need passers to unlock the defence

Playing Matic and Kante has proven in these 2 matches that the midfield lacks creativity. The type of pass that won the game on Saturday cannot be played without Fabregas in the lineup

Also the job of running and harrying the opponent especially in their half cannot be done by Matic or Kante or Fabregas. Currently Oscar is the best for that position

I am sure you remember how your favourite coach Mourinho made the statement that "Oscar is my 10" until you get a better runner and more productive runner than Oscar
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
Mr Ramuzaki bludgeoning us to death with facts as usual..

Ègbon yì sure báje

grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nihilist:

I'm talking about average positions. Oscar is in positions where he is surrounded by centerbacks and defensive midfielders. Matic is in positions where he's only being marked by the opposing 10 and/or a striker, now tell me who is likely to be dispossessed? Put Matic in Oscar's position and see if he doesn't lose the ball more.

From the start, I said lets not compare an natural AM to a natural DM, you started ranting that they are playing the same position so we must compare them.

Nihilist:

Actually Oscar and Matic are both playing in central midfield this season. The statisticsame show that Oscar has had more defensive contribution than Matic, more offensive contribution than Matic, more anything than Matic.

Now you are telling us they play different positions so we should not compare their dispossession stats. grin

My nigga face it, you are butthurt that Oscar is catching flack for his utter uselessness this season and you are trying to shift attention away to Matic who has no business with Oscar.

Matic midfield is stable right now. Nobody is running willynilly at Chelsea defence. We rather want to know why the Attacking midfielder is too blind to play any penetrating passes.

Don't tell us Oscar is losing the ball more because he is playing more attacking passes, yet the blind visionless mothaphucka cannot create a single opening for his team. Defensive midfield is fairly stable, Attacking midfield is clueless. IT IS THAT SIMPLE!

Like I said simply all along, leave Matic out of your Oscar business. It is not stewpid to retain hope in a nigga who has done it to the highest level before. What is stewpid is putting hope in a useless AM who has never done it. Our loyalty is not misplaced. QED!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:34pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ibime:

From the start, I said lets not compare an natural AM to a natural DM, you started ranting that they are playing the same position so we must compare them.

Now you are telling us they play different positions so we should not compare their dispossession stats. grin

My nigga face it, you are butthurt that Oscar is catching flack for his utter uselessness this season and you are trying to shift attention away to Matic who has no business with Oscar.

Matic midfield is stable right now. Nobody is running willynilly at Chelsea defence. We rather want to know why the Attacking midfielder is too blind to play any penetrating passes.

Don't tell us Oscar is losing the ball more because he is playing more attacking passes, yet the blind visionless mothaphucka cannot create a single opening for his team. Defensive midfield is fairly stable, Attacking midfield is clueless. IT IS THAT SIMPLE!

Like I said simply all along, leave Matic out of your Oscar business. It is not stewpid to retain hope in a nigga who has done it to the highest level before. What is stewpid is putting hope in a useless AM who has never done it. Our loyalty is not misplaced. QED!

You are the one that keeps bringing Oscar into it. I have told you to forget Oscar. We have 3 central midfielders, Matic is the worst. Remove Oscar from the equation, Matic is still inferior to Kante.

In fact, whoscored rank Matic as our third worst player overall

So I find it really surprising why you lot want to focus on Oscar, when we have a literally bigger problem staring us in the face.

And when we pull you up on it, your defence of Matic has literally amounted to "look at Oscar, he's shït!"

Anyway, let's move on to another discussion.

How about Emenalo? grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
raumdeuter:

But you have been playing small teams aka Watford and West ham not Barcelona, PSG or Bayern. Or if Watford isn't a small team then who is the small team in your league?

Barcelona decides not to because of their tactics they deploy a high line congest the opponents half of the field which makes them dominate possesion and dont have a need for a marker and a runner when the opposition is sitting in its box, but they need passers to unlock the defence

Playing Matic and Kante has proven in these 2 matches that the midfield lacks creativity. The type of pass that won the game on Saturday cannot be played without Fabregas in the lineup

Also the job of running and harrying the opponent especially in their half cannot be done by Matic or Kante or Fabregas. Currently Oscar is the best for that position

I am sure you remember how your favourite coach Mourinho made the statement that "Oscar is my 10" until you get a better runner and more productive runner than Oscar

You ain't saying nothing nigga.

The midfield lacking creativity is more Oscars business than Kante or Matic.

Why is the runner your priority? So that you can fit your theory around Oscar? There is no running Oscar can do that Kante can't.

We should blame lack of creativity on the DMs and absolve the AM by calling him a "runner"? Nice try nigga.

Like I said, we can play tactical hopscotch all day to fit around your theories.

It is nothing new. Every year we hear all manner of tactical reasons why a ninja who has been continuously rubbish for 4 years should be in the team.

You ain't saying nothing new we didn't hear in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nihilist:

You are the one that keeps bringing Oscar into it. I have told you to forget Oscar. We have 3 central midfielders, Matic is the worst. Remove Oscar from the equation, Matic is still inferior to Kante.

In fact, whoscored rank Matic as our third worst player overall

So I find it really surprising why you lot want to focus on Oscar, when we have a literally bigger problem staring us in the face.

And when we pull you up on it, your defence of Matic has literally amounted to "look at Oscar, he's shït!"

Anyway, let's move on to another discussion.

How about Emenalo? grin

Not only is your maths rubbish, you also can't count grin grin grin

I see Victor Moses, Courtois, and Pedro before Matic in that table so he is FOURTH, not third grin grin

Listen gee, it's not unnatural for people to have more HBP over Oscar than Matic.

(1.) Matic has performed to a high level before, Oscar has flopped for 4 years
(2.) The defence is stable, creativity is the problem

Which of these 2 facts can you not get through your coconut head?

Why in a society of sane people would we have more HBP over the DM than the AM?

I get it. . . . Fabregas cannot run, so we need Oscar to run for him? Fabregas is the new crutch on which Oscar justifies his useless existence for one more season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ibime:

Not only is your maths rubbish, you also can't count grin grin grin

I see Victor Moses, Courtois, and Pedro before Matic in that table so he is FOURTH, not third grin grin

Listen gee, it's not unnatural for people to have more HBP over Oscar than Matic.

(1.) Matic has performed to a high level before, Oscar has flopped for 4 years
(2.) The defence is stable, creativity is the problem

Which of these 2 facts can you not get through your coconut head?

Why in a society of sane people would we have more HBP over the DM than the AM?

I get it. . . . Fabregas cannot run, so we need Oscar to run for him? Fabregas is the new crutch on which Oscar justifies his useless existence for one more season?

I deliberately didn't count Moses due to the fact that he only has 24 minutes of footy under his belt.

The origin of this discussion was why Fab was on the bench whilst one of Oscar and Matic was on the pitch.

The answer is that based on stats, performance and any other metric you can think of, Matic should be chilling on the bench which I hear is very comfortable.

The Ibime answer of course, is Oscar is shit. How Matic can be praised for the defence giving his dismal defensive numbers is beyond me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:59pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nihilist:

It's not allowed to make sense as far as Matic is concerned.

The only way for Ibime to avoid dissing the man he once said 'was more important than Hazard to the team' is to deflect on Oscar.

Unfortunately, in any metric that matters so far, Oscar has done a better job than Matic this season. If Oscar drops dead tommorow, Ibime would continue to blame his dead body, rather than address the shocking and abrupt decline that matic has suffered.

Do you think it is okay to use just 2 games to judge players ability?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
donjazet:

Do you think it is okay to use just 2 games to judge players ability?

I'm not sure you understand this discussion at all sir.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nihilist:

I deliberately didn't count Moses due to the fact that he only has 24 minutes of footy under his belt.

The origin of this discussion was why Fab was on the bench whilst one of Oscar and Matic was on the pitch.

The answer is that based on stats, performance and any other metric you can think of, Matic should be chilling on the bench which I hear is very comfortable.

The Ibime answer of course, is Oscar is shit.

Nah, the origin of this discussion is that Oscar is useless.

As far as Matic is concerned he is doing his job. The defence is fairly stable and we are not conceding shots willynilly.

If say Kevin De Bruyne or Ozil was in Oscar's position, we would not be talking of creativity.

The argument Oscar fans want to use is that Fabregas can't run so if we bring him back in the team, we would need to drop Matic to let Oscar run for him.

I say, Matic is doing his job. and it is not his fault that Fabregas can't run, or that Oscar is visionless.

Like Nateevs said, it would be interesting what happens to the defensive stability we are currently enjoying if Fabregas is brought back into the team in place of say Matic. Don't assume that Fabregas introduction will go smoothly and our defence won't open like Ashawo again.

As far as Matic is concerned, he is doing his job. Let others do theirs. QED.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2121) (2122) (2123) (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) ... (19109) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nezzjnr, Geld(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.