Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10435141 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (19109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nihilist: I cannot believe I missed this war.

Then again, maybe it's good that I did...

The combatants were lacking in quality with thier substandard, generic and sadly predictable 'mother anal village sango slaughter' lines.

At one point they were all saying the same lines sef...

You lot need bring the classics back...no school like the old school really...

"With your scatter scatter teeth like James Bond bullet" - Classic

"Your mother analized by 10 thousand bastards in a village cursed by amadioha"- Lame

Keep it classic fellas cheesy

Hehehehhehee,is dis Gustavo in disguise ?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iykmora(m): 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
who else? grin tongue grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
LONDON EVENING STANDARD

Veteran striker Didier Drogba is on the brink of finalising a dramatic return to Chelsea.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
^^ does baba still have something to offer on the playing pitch?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
Drogba is a motivator of men. A great addition to the squad and backroom staff.

Meanwhile Daily Mail reporting that Atleti are bidding 14 milla for Torres while Chelsea are holding out for £20m. Please God, let it be true.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
They say Tiago Mendes is resigning for Atleti.

Thís means Ramires is a first choice midfielder once again.

When will I be free of thís clown. Oh God!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ibime: They say Tiago Mendes is resigning for Atleti.

First choice wetin? The 3 starting midfielders would most likely be Matic, Fabregas and Willian
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 8:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
After letting letting go of Ashley and lamps, Bringing back Drogba is more like moving two steps forward and one step backwards

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
Fans wants Gary Cahill as the new captain of England national team.

I tell mates that this dude is one of the game's finest but they're too dumb to realise that.

www.squawka.com/news/good-professional-going-to-start-every-game-fans-urge-chelseas-gary-cahill-to-be-selected-as-the-new-england-captainpeople-tweet-hope-that-gary-cahill-is-next-england-captain/145398

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
^^ cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
Tval: ^^ cheesy cheesy

Na so one brainless phool come here dey compare my ninja with Evans.

Just Imagine that cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
ElGuapo:

Just Imagine that cheesy

cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
ElGuapo: Fans wants Gary Cahill as the new captain of England national team.

I tell mates that this dude is one of the game's finest but they're too dumb to realise that.

www.squawka.com/news/good-professional-going-to-start-every-game-fans-urge-chelseas-gary-cahill-to-be-selected-as-the-new-england-captainpeople-tweet-hope-that-gary-cahill-is-next-england-captain/145398

Games finest onto say e wan be England captain.

Joseph Yobo sef na Nigerian captain one of the games finest
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
dayokanu:

Yobo in his prime was one of Africa's best.

To dey command first team shirt for Everton back then no be beans.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 11:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
dayokanu:

imagine logic
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
Wait o guys, has lampard retired?

Shouldn't he be the next?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 11:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
ElGuapo: Fans wants Gary Cahill as the new captain of England national team.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
Keky shey you be Arsenal fan?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Wait o guys, has lampard retired?

Shouldn't he be the next?
The guy is heading to New York City FC here in the US
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
CFCfan:
The guy is heading to New York City FC here in the US

But he's still on the team. And he's d oldest there.

He was the vice capitain during the world cup.

Its his right. Heir apparent.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 22, 2014
Gerrard has retired from international footie
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 12:15am On Jul 22, 2014
ElGuapo:

Yobo in his prime was one of Africa's best.

To dey command first team shirt for Everton back then no be beans.

At which time was Yobo one of Africa's finest?

The truth is captaining England doesn't make you an elite player. England is a tier 3 team like Greece or Nigeria

If we're talking about German captains now then you know it's worth something not a "Sankwa bend down select" team like England wey Scott Parker fit captain

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:26am On Jul 22, 2014
ElGuapo:

Bro you're defining ''beasty'' the other way round. That strikeforce looks beasty in the sense that it would be difficult for any defence line to handle their intimidating presence in a game.

It's a known fact that Jose's history with the youth is laughable but then how many of our past managers ever considered the integration of the youth players into the first team?

The influx of laurels has always and would always matter most at the bridge, so it's not even a Jose problem, It's the Club's problem.

Most top teams in Europe are paying a minimal attention to the youth lately, laurels would always stand as the primary objective and this isn't just about gaining some bragging rights, it goes to enhance the club's reputation, attract sponsors, provide funds from the prize cash won and most importantly save the manager's job.

That said, I still hope Mou would get to change his philosophy and that of the club by promoting some youngsters into the first team, starting with Lewis Baker.

You and Mithel keep reguritating this stuff without researching if is actually true.

Ancellotti, AVB and RDM played more young players than JM ever did. Ancellotti gave match minutes to Josh McEachran and Gael Kakuta. AVB gave many minutes to Danny Sturridge and Romeu. Infact, Oriol Romeu has 33 appearances in a Chelsea shirt. 22 of those in the league over 2 seasons. Josh has 22 apperances in a Chelsea shirt. 11 of those over the two seasons Ancellotti was manager. Gael Kakuta had 16 appearances in a Chelsea shirt.

And before JM, Bertand has 53 appearances in a Chelsea shirt. After JM arrived, 3 appearances.

Do you guys even try to back this up with facts?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:03am On Jul 22, 2014
I'm not exactly sure what Nateevs is driving at really...

Guapo and Mithel have been referring to a more organic integration of youth prospects developed in-house and purchased assets, similar to what you see at Bayern, Barca, Arsenal, Manyoo etc...

The fact that Romeu had only 22 league(according to Nateevs) appearances out a possible 76 proves that he wasn't an integral part of the jigsaw at CFC. Btw Romeu was signed from Barca sef and not developed in house per se.

Sturridge was played out of position to accomodate the 50 million pound flop. He too was not an an academy product

Bertrand was only used for cup runouts and backup for when Mr Cole was injured.

So I'm not exactly sure what your point is....

Are you saying that previous managers have given the youth a chance, but the youth haven't taken it?

Are you saying that the youth were integral to the squad strength pre-Jose?

Or are you just being pedantic and pointing out that some youth players made appearances pre-Jose?

Because I don't see how you countered Guapo's point...

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:51am On Jul 22, 2014
nateevs: You and Mithel keep reguritating this stuff without researching if is actually true.

Ancellotti, AVB and RDM played more young players than JM ever did. Ancellotti gave match minutes to Josh McEachran and Gael Kakuta. AVB gave many minutes to Danny Sturridge and Romeu. Infact, Oriol Romeu has 33 appearances in a Chelsea shirt. 22 of those in the league over 2 seasons. Josh has 22 apperances in a Chelsea shirt. 11 of those over the two seasons Ancellotti was manager. Gael Kakuta had 16 appearances in a Chelsea shirt.

And before JM, Bertand has 53 appearances in a Chelsea shirt. After JM arrived, 3 appearances.

Do you guys even try to back this up with facts?

Those lads were given cameo roles to play and were featured in some dead rubber games, that surely counts as appearance but definitely not youth integration into the first team.

Bar Sturridge who wasn't a product of our youth system, the other folks never made any position theirs, their selection most times were made out of necessity.

Man Utd's Adnan Januzaj is a perfect paradigm of what youth integration into the first team should be. He got games at the expense of 'healthy' first team members like Nani, Kagawa etc. Today, he (Januzaj) is an integral member of their squad.

That never happened at Chelsea.

I still maintain that our past managers never paid healthy attention into promoting our youth products. When push came to shove, they turned to the big boys for results.

P.S: My ElGuapo moniker is battling it out with Spambot at the moment.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 5:45am On Jul 22, 2014
ElGuapo:

Just Imagine that cheesy

Make devil Shit for the person head cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 22, 2014
Guys, if Nigeria qualifies for the men's football event of the 2016 Olympics, which 3 over-aged players would u name to the squad?

I'll pick Oboabona, Onazi, and Musa.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:04am On Jul 22, 2014
^^^wait till that moment don't put sand inside garri

@all

Bamford and baker should be given that chance to be promoted and become a regular.

Ibime: They say Tiago Mendes is resigning for Atleti.
Suck on that bro grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:45am On Jul 22, 2014
Nihilist: I'm not exactly sure what Nateevs is driving at really...

Guapo and Mithel have been referring to a more organic integration of youth prospects developed in-house and purchased assets, similar to what you see at Bayern, Barca, Arsenal, Manyoo etc...

The fact that Romeu had only 22 league(according to Nateevs) appearances out a possible 76 proves that he wasn't an integral part of the jigsaw at CFC. Btw Romeu was signed from Barca sef and not developed in house per se.

Sturridge was played out of position to accomodate the 50 million pound flop. He too was not an an academy product

Bertrand was only used for cup runouts and backup for when Mr Cole was injured.

So I'm not exactly sure what your point is....

Are you saying that previous managers have given the youth a chance, but the youth haven't taken it?

Are you saying that the youth were integral to the squad strength pre-Jose?

Or are you just being pedantic and pointing out that some youth players made appearances pre-Jose?

Because I don't see how you countered Guapo's point...

But no one here is arguing on the subject of 'organic integration of youth prospects developed in-house and purchased assets, similar to what you see at Bayern, Barca, Arsenal, Manyoo etc'.... Everyone here accepts this has never happened at Chelsea yet.

That said, the crux of the discussion is that on the road to the inevitable integration of youth players, however 'unconventional' the method, it is a fact that previous managers have given more chances to youth than JM ever has.

Whether dead rubber games, Carling Cup appearances, last few minutes, when it comes to youth football, they are very important minutes. I am saying that Carlo Ancellotti selected Josh McEachran and Ryan Bertrand to start Carling Cup games while we all know that JM is more likely to field his strongest 11 in the same games.

I am saying that Nathan Ake is selected in DM to start a Europa League 'QUARTER FINAL' game against Rubin Kazan and play 90 mins despite Mikel being on the bench.

I am saying it doesn't matter than Oriol came from Barcelona. He was 19 when he arrived and largely considered youth. I am saying it doesn't matter that Sturridge was played out of position, chances offered to youth, however irrelevant it seems, count.

I am saying 53 appearances for Ryan Bertrand, dead rubber or not, before JM, completely blows this argument out when compared to the same player racking up only 3 after JM arrives. I am saying that JM will not select Ryan Bertrand in the final of the CL.

I am saying that the likes of Barca, United, Arsenal have managed this intergation by first, giving 100s of 'seemingly meaningless appearances' to hundreds of kids before the ones who can cut it come through. Then the integration occurs. It's not magic and they don't have a youth success measuring device. This is how youth football works.

So when you attempt to throw my argument out by saying Bertrand was only used in place of the injured Ashley Cole, I am saying well, how else should he be used? He's a youth player. The questions are, in the absence of Ashley, will JM use Bertrand? In the absence of Filipe, will JM use Bertrand in a CL final? Will Oriol at 19 get 22 meaningless appearances under JM? Will Lewis Baker? Under JM, will Nathan Ake be selected as the single DM in a quarter-final of a Europa league game despite having Mikel on the bench?

I am saying that the combination of 'meaningless' apperances of youth players pre-JM are in the hundreds and that it is a fact. That it is only in units or low tens with JM. I am saying that we are in a far more talented era re:youth football than ever before (winning the youth cup 3 times in four years) and that those meaningless appearances should be on the up and not completely disappear.

And finally I am saying I really am surprised that there are Chelsea who don't already know this.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 9:16am On Jul 22, 2014
^^^ Bertrand played UCL final because we wanted to park the boss and nothing more, we didn't have our full squad available then as well, If using them in Big games is what matters, Kalas also played against Liverpool, did Kakuta ever impress at Chelsea or anywhere else he went on loan?? The reason why everyone is making a case for Lukaku is because he did well the two times he went on loan, Every fan would love to see youth integrated, but everyone remembers what happened to those managers you listed above, only one of them managed for two seasons, I honestly think it's the club problem and i don't see it changing soon because even clubs like barca are no longer giving their academy boys chances any longer

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:27am On Jul 22, 2014
Dhelake: ^^^ Bertrand played UCL final because we wanted to park the boss and nothing more, we didn't have our full squad available then as well, If using them in Big games is what matters, Kalas also played against Liverpool, did Kakuta ever impress at Chelsea or anywhere else he went on loan?? The reason why everyone is making a case for Lukaku is because he did well the two times he went on loan, Every fan would love to see youth integrated, but everyone remembers what happened to those managers you listed above, only one of them managed for two seasons, I honestly think it's the club problem and i don't see it changing soon because even clubs like barca are no longer giving their academy boys chances any longer

You are saying Bertrand playing in the final was because we didn't have our full squad but you don't mention that he didn't play in defense and that he was substitued in the 73rd minute for Malouda. So yes, there was a player who could have played but didn't start because RDM "believed" he could do a job. Very different from the case of Kalas playing against Liverpool where every single defender who could possible play was either injured or suspended.

So Kalas played tremendously that day, kept a clean sheet against the best attack in the PL and should have got a goal. Before then, I ran many reports here of how well Kalas was doing in Vitesse. Guess where Kalas is now? On loan to FC Koln. It may be a club thing but are you saying the club will defy JM if he said, YES I want Kalas in my team? Aha! There's your answer.

My argument is that in a JM led team, rather than Ryan Bertrand playing ahead of Malouda in a CL final, lack of options or not, he will play Ferreira. Afterall, we were parking the bus.

--------

Let it be known that I don't disagree that pressure plays a big part. What is indisputable at the same time is that, in that pressurized environment, previous managers still managed to give more minutes to young players than JM did. What those managers knew was that winning only the Carling Cup never prevented you from a sack. So they played youth. JM knows that winning only the Carling Cup doesn't prevent him from getting the sack but you know he will turn up with Fabregas, Matic and Oscar in midfield against Accrington Stanley.

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (19109) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chelseabmw(m), Sportsweb, Beorn and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.