Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest (15982 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! / Delta State South South Nigeria Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Pictures / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by mollie12: 10:22pm On Apr 22, 2012
hubreality: We neither trust the activities of SNG; being highly twisted in political and religious sentiments worst than acclaimed corruption. There's no worst corruption than the ugly blood sucking religious and ethnicity corruption we see happening at will. You can always read the ambitions between the lines. The best protest/occupy Nigeria ought to be against the evil of religion and ethnicity.

WHY IS SAVE NIGERIA GROUP NOT ORGANIZING OCCUPY NIGERIA OR PROTEST AGAINST RELIGIOUS AND ETHNICITY MASSACRE RAVAGING NIGERIA? ATTACKING THE GOVERNMENT AND NOT DEVISING SOLUTIONS

lipsrsealed

The answer to your posers, my dear sir, is a great, massive, humungous, in-capital-letters, D-U-H!

The last time I checked (which I'm sure is the last time you checked), SNG was founded by a CHRISTIAN - a pastor to be precise. It's just plain mischievious for anyone to try and mix up or even as much as draw a dotted connecting line to them and some extremist ISLAM group. They obviously can't protest against the massacre that is being referenced for clear reasons: it is not in typical "christian" character, its just going to look like a counter-attack thing, and who exactly in Nigeria do they even want to direct their protest to? Pulling the ethnic and religious issues into the present matter just makes for a bad fit all around, except you are just trying to whip up unnecessary and uncalled-for sentiments. And please, next time, let's be careful how we classify "religious" activity - last time I checked, the worst thing pastors were doing was sucking cash, not turning their centres into bomb factories.
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by oluoma1: 10:22pm On Apr 22, 2012
Who is going to protest, abeg let them go and sit down joor,na today we don't they hear that. Who get the liva to protest, when offer is made they will talk anoda tin, na 9ja we dey. Back to my business jare.....
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by oiseworld: 10:26pm On Apr 22, 2012
gidiMonsta: [b][/b]

This guy will go to any length to spin a story to defend his paymaster, he now accuses the US of receiving bribe from a fictional '100' Northerners to remove Boko Haram from the terror list.

This is a whole low for you Reno, your conscience must be buried somewhere in the deserts of Nagev for you to unrepentantly spin ridiculous and laughable lies.

Yes we shall be free from the shackles of the leeches bleeding my dear country dry including your master and his cohorts, be they from the North, East, West or South, regardless of the party they belong to, irrespective of their religion, they shall face the most powerful force on earth; the voice of the innocents and oppressed.

@monsta, this issue of northern leaders bribing the US not to be labelled a terrorist, i think its true. I don't know where beaf gets his information from but, i've heard it before. This actually is the second time am hearing it. I would not say its actually a bribe. But a kind of an agreement. And i know they spent all hell of money on it.

Don't be surprised of the world you are in. Things are actually happening that you don't know. I know the govt forwarded the issue and the names of boko sponsors to the US. If the US then tag them non terorrist then,something strong must have happened as you and me know that they are.
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by jmaine: 10:26pm On Apr 22, 2012
3kay945:
The 22 million fools are still much around, perhaps waiting 4 2015. Dont forget a leopard cannot change its skin.

The presumed 22 million fools simply refused to vote in your mundane blood thirsty,lying and crocodile tear crying general named Buhari . . .Bring his sorry arsss up again at the polls and the rejection would be even steeper . .the old man better not position himself again for more ridicule . .

Sheath your rabid hate for 2015 cos as usual . . . . we shall all be here to see him weep once more for our pleasurable amusement

1 Like

Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2012
all4naija: I hate people playing tea-party game. If his intention is actually to fight corrupt than put any ulterior motive behind it then it is a good idea. He should provide enough evidences for the reason why the protest most be upheld. He shouldn't leave room for propaganda of any kind before I can say he means something worth doing. There are lots of things to fight for in the country yet the ordinary Nigerians can not be lured into disrupting peace for the aim of political propaganda.

For those who are willing to join the protest should demand for reasons for it and what would secure lives in their always-victimized positions.

well said. I agree with you.
Beaf:
Its a foolish argument, bro.
Every wise person knows that the messenger is the message. Even toddlers know that.
No thief will sell you a proper lock to secure your house.
and Pastor Tunde Bakare is not a credible messenger? Your disposition gives me chills. Besides your analogy doesn't add up. Why can't a HIV patient carry out a crusade against unprotected sexual intercourse? That's a story for another day :-x
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2012
all4naija: I hate people playing tea-party game. If his intention is actually to fight corrupt than put any ulterior motive behind it then it is a good idea. He should provide enough evidences for the reason why the protest most be upheld. He shouldn't leave room for propaganda of any kind before I can say he means something worth doing. There are lots of things to fight for in the country yet the ordinary Nigerians can not be lured into disrupting peace for the aim of political propaganda.

For those who are willing to join the protest should demand for reasons for it and what would secure lives in their always-victimized positions.

well said. I agree with you.
Beaf:
Its a foolish argument, bro.
Every wise person knows that the messenger is the message. Even toddlers know that.
No thief will sell you a proper lock to secure your house.
and Pastor Tunde Bakare is not a credible messenger? Your disposition gives me chills. Besides your analogy doesn't add up. Why can't a HIV patient carry out a crusade against unprotected sexual intercourse? That's a story for another day :-x
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by hubreality(m): 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2012
mollie12:

The answer to your posers, my dear sir, is a great, massive, humungous, in-capital-letters, D-U-H!

The last time I checked (which I'm sure is the last time you checked), SNG was founded by a CHRISTIAN - a pastor to be precise. It's just plain mischievious for anyone to try and mix up or even as much as draw a dotted connecting line to them and some extremist ISLAM group. They obviously can't protest against the massacre that is being referenced for clear reasons: it is not in typical "christian" character, its just going to look like a counter-attack thing, and who exactly in Nigeria do they even want to direct their protest to? Pulling the ethnic and religious issues into the present matter just makes for a bad fit all around, except you are just trying to whip up unnecessary and uncalled-for sentiments. And please, next time, let's be careful how we classify "religious" activity - last time I checked, the worst thing pastors were doing was sucking cash, not turning their centres into bomb factories.

Please get me right, they intrigues are very clear. "SAVE NIGERIA GROUP" ought to focus more at saving the Nigerian people via organizing similar protest/occupy Nigeria against religious/ethnicity oriented crisis fueled by politrickians.

Cursing and running mouth against the President of Nigeria(GEJ) are quite unhealthy of anyone no matter the portfolios, when we know how the huge distractions of the country started while he(GEJ) lasted.
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by gidiMonsta(m): 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2012
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by saibuhari(m): 11:15pm On Apr 22, 2012
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN THE OCCUPY NIGERIA WILL BE. I WILL DEFINITELY JOIN AND BRINGS OTHERS ALONG.
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by gidiMonsta(m): 11:17pm On Apr 22, 2012

Bakare's conditions are clear; do something about the nasty report or we protest! No political gimmicks. There's a need to exert pressure on the govt. sometimes to achieve the desired results just like we did during the Yar'adua debacle and Jan 1st tyranny.
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by oluoma1: 11:35pm On Apr 22, 2012
And it came to pass.
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 22, 2012
gidiMonsta:

Bakare's conditions are clear; do something about the nasty report or we protest! No political gimmicks. There's a need to exert pressure on the govt. sometimes to achieve the desired results just like we did during the Yar'adua debacle and Jan 1st tyranny.

This is always the issue. I quite agree there is nothing wrong exerting pressure on the government, most especially, in a country like Nigeria. Should it be based on well provided evidences? 'Not just do something or we protest', as you said is not just enough to go about it. What are the reports on ground about what they are protesting for? Who is in charge of that sector of the government which must be placed on placards? The need not to see beyond the government alone is appalling. I think most of the marketers and the importers are private companies, they too must come to mind. How many times have they reported this kind of problems to the body responsible in addressing the problem? When you have enough evidences in your hand taking on protest becomes an intrinsic routine or part of a solution. Yet, anybody can come up with some debilitating issues in the country just to cause disruption. If there is nothing shady in it, then people can go for the protest. Those going to join should ask questions than following the bandwagon for protest sake. Protest can be very disrupting sometimes - destroying innocent people's properties and at the end come up with no or near-nothing result.

1 Like

Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by gidiMonsta(m): 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2012
oiseworld:

@monsta, this issue of northern leaders bribing the US not to be labelled a terrorist, i think its true. I don't know where beaf gets his information from but, i've heard it before. This actually is the second time am hearing it. I would not say its actually a bribe. But a kind of an agreement. And i know they spent all hell of money on it.

Don't be surprised of the world you are in. Things are actually happening that you don't know. I know the govt forwarded the issue and the names of boko sponsors to the US. If the US then tag them non terorrist then,something strong must have happened as you and me know that they are.

So you actually think the Americans will play with the lives of their citizens because of a few million $$? They are not naija politicians na. The govt did not forward anything to the US govt, the report they worked on was based on an investigation carried out by the CIA field office in Lagos in conjunction with d FBI, and the reason they didn't tag BH as a terrorist group was because they believed BH was a result of socio-economic problems in Northern Nigeria and dat its a political tool used by some politicians to cause mayhem hence not a direct threat to the west. Google is ur friend, its not a classified report. Don't let the likes of Reno feed you with beer parlour joint conspiracies.

2 Likes

Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 22, 2012
gidiMonsta:

So you actually think the Americans will play with the lives of their citizens because of a few million $$? They are not naija politicians na. The govt did not forward anything to the US govt, the report they worked on was based on an investigation carried out by the CIA field office in Lagos in conjunction with d FBI, and the reason they didn't tag BH as a terrorist group was because they believed BH was a result of socio-economic problems in Northern Nigeria and dat its a political tool used by some politicians to cause mayhem hence not a direct threat to the west. Google is ur friend, its not a classified report. Don't let the likes of Reno feed you with beer parlour joint conspiracies.

Thank you for that. Many people would still not believe it not until the politicians come out to say they are behind it. Boko Haram is a political tool at this present time.
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by Beaf: 11:55pm On Apr 22, 2012
MManuel: well said. I agree with you.
If a man who makes false prophecies for a living is a credible messenger to you, then there is no way we will ever agree.
You do not know the meaning of the word, credibility.

Go and read up his "prophecies about" Buhari.
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by gidiMonsta(m): 11:59pm On Apr 22, 2012
all4naija: This is always the issue. I quite agree there is nothing wrong exerting pressure on the government, most especially, in a country like Nigeria. Should it be based on well provided evidences? 'Not just do something or we protest', as you said is not just enough to go about it. What are the reports on ground about what they are protesting for? Who is in charge of that sector of the government which must be placed on placards? The need not to see beyond the government alone is appalling. I think most of the marketers and the importers are private companies, they too must come to mind. How many times have they reported this kind of problems to the body responsible in addressing the problem? When you have enough evidences in your hand taking on protest becomes an intrinsic routine or part of a solution. Yet, anybody can come up with some debilitating issues in the country just to cause disruption. If there is nothing shady in it, then people can go for the protest. Those going to join should ask questions than following the bandwagon for protest sake. Protest can be very disrupting sometimes - destroying innocent people's properties and at the end come up with no or near-nothing result.

Going by this post, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you haven't read the report yet. Corruption of the highest order involving members of the present cabinet, this is the best chance for GEJ to prove us; his critics wrong or face what is to come.
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 23, 2012
gidiMonsta:

Going by this post, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you haven't read the report yet. Corruption of the highest order involving members of the present cabinet, this is the best chance for GEJ to prove us; his critics wrong or face what is to come.
I have! This is same Bakare that said there's no fuel subsidy in the first case, during the fuel subsidy removal protest. It is surprising to just accept somebody like that without questioning his intentions.

I hate speculations!
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by OmawumiMegbele(m): 12:24am On Apr 23, 2012
[size=50pt]Are you sure u wanna do this? Don's start and bail out on us. If you do that, u will be the evil ones, not them!!![/size]
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by DExplorer1: 2:01am On Apr 23, 2012
mollie12:

The last time I checked (which I'm sure is the last time you checked), SNG was founded by a CHRISTIAN - a pastor to be precise. It's just plain mischievious for anyone to try and mix up or even as much as draw a dotted connecting line to them and some extremist ISLAM group. They obviously can't protest against the massacre that is being referenced for clear reasons: it is not in typical "christian" character, its just going to look like a counter-attack thing, and who exactly in Nigeria do they even want to direct their protest to? Pulling the ethnic and religious issues into the present matter just makes for a bad fit all around, except you are just trying to whip up unnecessary and uncalled-for sentiments. And please, next time, let's be careful how we classify "religious" activity - last time I checked, the worst thing pastors were doing was sucking cash, not turning their centresinto bomb factories.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know

Those last times you checked were indeed good time to check because you nailed it. For me, you're so on point!

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by Nobody: 2:07am On Apr 23, 2012
oiseworld:

You must be the biggest clown alive to actually believe that the Department Of State accepted bribes from your illiterate Govt officials in order not to have Boko Harm on the list of Terror sponsors.

SMH
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by iykak47: 4:45am On Apr 23, 2012
What did the families of those that died during the last protest benefited, what of 1993 Abiola saga where many lost their love ones, has anything changed?
This is not US or Europe where police respect the right of protesters,in Naija if one is killed by the police thats the end.
Some of us sit in front of our computers in far away countries shouting 'occupy Nigeria, occupy Nigeria', but wont let their siblings back home to protest.
Even if i de Naija i dey crazy wey i go risk my life to protest.
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by AustineE1: 5:00am On Apr 23, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Ha ha ha! Where are those claiming Jonathan Goatluck aka "drunken fisherman" is of "lesser" evil?

No thanks to 22 million fools that voted him. Yeah, I will vote GEJ not PDP.

Fresh air!!!
The reason Nigeria may nt really get over the evil of corruptn is simply because of opinions like yours.must you trivialize every issue,firstly this happened on or before 2009,of wish Jonathan was just the vice and was latter made the president.The auditors indicted in this scam are nt Jonathans tribes men,these auditors are celebrated Nigerians both within&outside the field of accounting!those govt officials&independent marketers who benefited from this scam,cut across tribe. I honestly do think that if he Jonathan had wanted to protect certain interest,he wld nt ve allowed the Farouk committee to go on with the probe,using his presidential power in the Nigerian way to suppress it,atleast we ve seen it happen in the past with other regimes!dont forget the 'Pius Okigbo report'on gulf oil windfall!btw thats why some of us didnt support the subsidy removal protest,cos we know a few are getting stupendiously richer through the subsidy scam,we rather wanted a protest on corruptn&incessant killing of Nigerians by boko haram!
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by ZUBY77(m): 6:13am On Apr 23, 2012
Beaf:
Who gives a damn if SNG protested? Everybody protested and Dora Akunyili stuck her nose out.
Go and protest if you like, it will be the same old trick of punching yourself out, while your enemy loots your family savings and phucks your woman as bonus.
I m begining to believe that you are not ok.
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by remmyz(m): 6:28am On Apr 23, 2012
Beaf:
Who gives a damn if SNG protested? Everybody protested and Dora Akunyili stuck her nose out.
Go and protest if you like, it will be the same old trick of punching yourself out, while your enemy loots your family savings and phucks your woman as bonus.
i hv neva replied 2 all ur stupid unguarded post nor abuse sm1 on Nl b4. Buh 4 dis i must tell u as a good citizen of dis country dat ur brain needs maintenance check. If naija beta oneday, may u neva enjoy it with us. IMPORTED FOOL

1 Like

Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 23, 2012
oiseworld:

Who doesn't know that there are people who are lobbying the USA government from labelling boko haran a terrorist group, and is the northerners that will be doing that if you doubt go and find out how much it cost to lobby the usa government.
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by member479760: 6:59am On Apr 23, 2012
The pastor shouldn't waste his time, we voted for oil and we will continue voting for oil. he is not to decide for us. sellout pastor. get out of the pastor business and embrace your IFA culture, the empire is back, even Russians are embracing IFA, we need more Babalawo to continue spreading the greatness and the work of Orunmila in Yoruba language.

If we continue in this phase large number of people all over the world would be converted therefore the world control packet 30% of which, we be in the hands of the Yoruba race. They must speak the language for the Ebo to work fine.
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by oiseworld: 7:19am On Apr 23, 2012
kingoflag:

You must be the biggest clown alive to actually believe that the Department Of State accepted bribes from your illiterate Govt officials in order not to have Boko Harm on the list of Terror sponsors.

SMH

in your own words can, is boko haram a terrorist group? Let's leave the US out of these because i think the've become demi gods to some.
With all the sucide bombings and killing, and church bombing, so i ask again.
Is boko haram a terrorist group??
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 23, 2012
oiseworld:

in your own words can, is boko haram a terrorist group? Let's leave the US out of these because i think the've become demi gods to some.
With all the sucide bombings and killing, and church bombing, so i ask again.
Is boko haram a terrorist group??

What are you drinking? What has this got to do with the topic?

No, Boko Haram is not a terror group; its actually a charity organization!

What the hell?! undecided
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by oiseworld: 8:12am On Apr 23, 2012
kingoflag:

What are you drinking? What has this got to do with the topic?

No, Boko Haram is not a terror group; its actually a charity organization!

What the hell?! undecided

should i take that as ur yes or you still have more to say. I can see you're indicisive.
With all asumtion that you said yes!! Can you tell me why the US THINKS OTHERWISE?
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by Beaf: 8:18am On Apr 23, 2012
mollie12:

Stop shooting yourself in the eyes, nose and toes with that littany of weak, shifty and "make it up as you go" list of unfortunate dodges.
Tunde Bakare is an opportunistic showman who is scared of boko haram, but knows that there is drama and acclaim to be had in merely threatening to protest against govt (especially when its about money). Christians can die by the bomb in their millions, but his type will always find safe ground, even while his evangeslist mates curse, damn and prophesy against boko haram.

His way is the way of empty attention seeking cowards. He has only made a loud noise and will never call his threat if the opportunity arose. Afterall, we heard how he was going to continue the subsidy protest with hale and thunder, only to exit with a quiet whimper about govt trying to arrest him (even though he was jumping at his own shadow).

What a guy! grin
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 23, 2012
oiseworld:

should i take that as ur yes or you still have more to say. I can see you're indicisive.
With all asumtion that you said yes!! Can you tell me why the US THINKS OTHERWISE?

"Asumtion", abi? Something must be really wrong with you if you actually think I'll get into a discussion with you.
Re: Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest by oiseworld: 8:41am On Apr 23, 2012
kingoflag:

"Asumtion", abi? Something must be really wrong with you if you actually think I'll get into a discussion with you.

you are actually doing just fine! The asumtion stuff shows atleast some part of your brain might actually be working. Since you figured it out, then you can help all Nigerian interprete how the US came about their decision on boko haram.

Would you say since boko is not a threat to them they can decide not to label them terrorist. Nigerians are surprised how this came about. So try use ur eagle eye and whats left of you brain to help us interprete.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Thugs Destroying Electoral Materials In Cross River - APC Shares Video / Orji Kalu And Governor Sani Bello Of Niger State Meet Behind Closed Door (Photo) / Ogun State Governors Till Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.