Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About (16672 Views)

3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / Let's Talk About Nigerian Women, Money, Sex And Fake Hair / What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 22, 2012
There is dis extremely beautiful girl I met on bbm thru a friend about 2 months ago but schools quite some distance away from where I stay. We got chatting n kinda close and eventually met her in person like 2 weeks ago as I went to her school and we chatted till lyk 2am in d morning outside her hostel. I asker her out during my visit by the way
She confesses to liking me but not yet being in love with me. She pings me regularly n @ tyms calls. We chat till like 12 - 1 am everynight and I really really like her. Although we are not yet going out officially, it z obvious she likes me a lot.
However, due to our frequent chats n calls (yest we spoke for an hour despite chatting earlier in d day), @ times, we have lulls in our conversation n it can be very awkward, especially wiv me being d guy. Truth z dat we know almost everything bout each oda already.
I need advice on exciting topics we can discuss.
I also don't know if her refusal to commit to a relationship should be a warning sign because it is very obvious she digs me.
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by olsmade(m): 5:34pm On Apr 22, 2012
Well u cud ask how her day went and branch off from there. Make sure she's d one doing most of d talking. @ least, dat way, u r sure u r not boring her to death.
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by IbroSaunks(m): 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2012
You should give each other a little space then...

4 Likes

Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 22, 2012
let her concentrate on her studies

3 Likes

Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2012
toba: let her concentrate on her studies
^^ issorai - 4 now, I'm her studies o
IbroSaunks: You should give each other a little space then...
^^ huh? If I hear. Space ke, so u go fit claim am abi? grin

NL, abegyi tym to call don dey near o, I need serious yanz na.

3 Likes

Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2012
Never fail to ask what she did during the day, or what she's doing at the moment. Ask what she ate, what she drank! can be a little too interrogative, but you can take a cue from there. Just be friendly and not demanding when asking. Extend the discussion to other related topics. For instance, if she ate meat, ask if she's thought about being a veg. You guys can then talk about the advantages/disadvantages of being a veg. There's a lot to talk about there!
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by 190: 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2012
what color of pant is she wearing

my #1 question i ask each of em

3 Likes

Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by pendo89(f): 8:22pm On Apr 22, 2012
annoymous: Truth z dat we know almost everything bout each oda already.
I need advice on exciting topics we can discuss.
I also don't know if her refusal to commit to a relationship should be a warning sign because it is very obvious she digs me.

Guy are you serious? Can one run out of topics? I think you guys hve talked about your lives a lot.You have exhausted everything about family,growing up,hobbies,school and the present.
Now you are stuck! grin grin grin

This is where the challenge is.Testing each other's intellect on real life issues. You go a step higher and start bringing in the world to spice up your talk.
See,Life is more than the two of you.We live in a political,environmental socio-economic world.
We watch events happen around us everyday. We come across stuff as we go about our day to day errands.
You want to tell me that you cannot find a topic out of those I highlighted? Wow I always complain about not having enough time to chat, not topics because I always have something cooking in my mind. A million things infact cz my senses are alert 24/7.
You know what I think? I think it also depends on ur life and what you do.Do you keep up with events local and international? do you read magazines,blogs,journals stuff,watch tv?
Out of all those it's very easy to pick out subject and dissect it for hours or days.
If one is not exposed to events happening around them,they will find nothing to talk about except what they ate for lunch and dinner day in day out.
And the relationship becomes a bore.

17 Likes

Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by pendo89(f): 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2012
sauer: [b]For instance, if she ate meat, ask if she's thought about being a veg.You guys can then talk about the advantages/disadvantages of being a veg. There's a lot to talk about there!

undecided undecided

Vegetales?? Ok ok,not bad but gosh that won't work for me no way cz I will leave you talking to yourself grin grin
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by MrsChima(f): 8:27pm On Apr 22, 2012
Find things that are of interest for the pair of you.

When you are incompatible it will show in the conversations.

It is also good to incorporate other people in the conversation. Not personal conversations, but general conversations because then you will learn more things about your partners.

I have learned a lot about Mr. Chima interacting with his friends, coworkers, and family.

1 Like

Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by pendo89(f): 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Find things that are of interest for the pair of you.

When you are incompatible it will show in the conversations.

It is also good to incorporate other people in the conversation. Not personal conversations, but general conversations because then you will learn more things about your partners.

I learned a lot about Mr. Chima by how he interacts with his friends, coworkers, and family.

You know there's nothin as bad as dating somebody and having nothing to talk about. embarassed You exhausted the intros at the first date!
At times,I see people out on dates and all they do is stare at each other and keep busy with drinks. They look bored and the girl starts fidgeting. grin
My tip is, for instance
if you are in a restuarant,pick a topic out of what you see.Say the waiter,the service,the menu,the music.
If you are in the park,talk about the city,the people,the environment
If in the library choose an interesting book or discuss a love poem.
On the highway,cars,traffic,craze.

In short the sorroundings hold the conversation.Learn to unlock and everything just flows.There's no rule or program if you are at ease with each other.It automatically pops up.
Gd luck.
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by Flashaldrin(m): 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2012
pendo89:

Guy are you serious? Can one run out of topics? I think you guys hve talked about your lives a lot.You have exhausted everything about family,growing up,hobbies,school and the present.
Now you are stuck! grin grin grin

This is where the challenge is.Testing each other's intellect on real life issues. You go a step higher and start bringing in the world to spice up your talk.
See,Life is more than the two of you.We live in a political,environmental socio-economic world.
We watch events happen around us everyday. We come across stuff as we go about our day to day errands.
You want to tell me that you cannot find a topic out of those I highlighted? Wow I always complain about not having enough time to chat, not topics because I always have something cooking in my mind. A million things infact cz my senses are alert 24/7.
You know what I think? I think it also depends on ur life and what you do.Do you keep up with events local and international? do you read magazines,blogs,journals stuff,watch tv?
Out of all those it's very easy to pick out subject and dissect it for hours or days.
If one is not exposed to events happening around them,they will find nothing to talk about except what they ate for lunch and dinner day in day out.
And the relationship becomes a bore.

all those ones are not for the average nigerian couple. So narrow minded. You'd be awed at the kinda things they discuss.
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by Killz3(m): 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2012
If you run out of things to talk about, SLEEP! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by pendo89(f): 8:42pm On Apr 22, 2012
Flashaldrin:
You'd be awed at the kinda things they discuss.
eg?

If you run out of things to talk about, SLEEP!

And have sex? Sex in the early stages of a relationship dulls ones mind esp for smbody who has nothing to talk about.
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by MrsChima(f): 8:55pm On Apr 22, 2012
pendo89:

You know there's nothin as bad as dating somebody and having nothing to talk about. embarassed You exhausted the intros at the first date!
At times,I see people out on dates and all they do is stare at each other and keep busy with drinks. They look bored and the girl starts fidgeting. grin
My tip is, for instance
if you are in a restuarant,pick a topic out of what you see.Say the waiter,the service,the menu,the music.
If you are in the park,talk about the city,the people,the environment
On the highway,cars,traffic,craze.

In short the sorroundings hold the conversation.Learn to unlock and everything just flows.There's no rule or program if you are at ease with each other.It automatically pops up.
Gd luck.

I have seen people throw their whole life in first conversation which leave them nothing to lament over the next few days. When Chima and I first started talking....we talked about trivial things but then again....we also talked about our dates with other people. I don't believe throwing all my ducks in one basket if I am not in a serious relationship.

We would compare notes of our previous date and laugh about it. Of course, we didn't go into personal details but it would be something like Such and such had on this hideous shirt or the date went on and on about some boss at work. We eventually decided to become serious and the rest is history.

My advice is to be friends first and let it flow naturally.

1 Like

Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 22, 2012
pendo89:

undecided undecided

Vegetales?? Ok ok,not bad but gosh that won't work for me no way cz I will leave you talking to yourself grin grin
of course, it could work. the talk would certainly branch out according to each person's likes or dislikes. Having no idea about vegetarianism or being in opposition to it could as well be a nice topic to discuss.
Perhaps we need to talk someday, so you'll discover how interesting such talk can be grin
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by pendo89(f): 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

well said
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 22, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I have seen people throw their whole life in first conversation which leave them nothing to lament over the next few days. When Chima and I first started talking....we talked about trivial things but then again....we also talked about our dates with other people. I don't believe throwing all my ducks in one basket if I am not in a serious relationship.

We would compare notes of our previous date and laugh about it. Of course, we didn't go into personal details but it would be something like Such and such had on this hideous shirt or the date went on and on about some boss at work. We eventually decided to become serious and the rest is history.

good point, really. Sensible discussions will leave private matters till the end. If both had an impressive knowledge of the world and things around them, they would have an inexhaustible repertoire to choose from. somehow, this could even encourage easy bonding while ensuring guards are not persistently kept up.

1 Like

Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 22, 2012
pendo89:

now, that's disastrous!
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by pendo89(f): 9:13pm On Apr 22, 2012
^^ in the library grin
sauer:
of course, it could work. the talk would certainly branch out according to each person's likes or dislikes. Having no idea about vegetarianism or being in opposition to it could as well be a nice topic to discuss.
Perhaps we need to talk someday, so you'll discover how interesting such talk can be grin

You know there are several ways to reach that very topic on veges without taking on a vegie character. grin
You now remind me of my favorite cartoon series, the vegie tales and their sailor song.
Talking of sailor,have you ever sailed anywhere or are you a boatman afraid of deep seas?? Ok first,have you ever been out in the sea,river or stream? which one?
If so am ready to hear of the adventure as soon as am back from fixing us a mug of coffee. BRB.
There you go! I have kicked it off.If you answer you are in trouble cz now you won't rest.
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by toby2(m): 9:18pm On Apr 22, 2012
pendo89:

well said
sup mama, how'r you doing really been its long time hearing from you.
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by pendo89(f): 9:20pm On Apr 22, 2012
to+by:

Would you be kind enough to just introduce yourself? All these usernames I cant tell who is who really.
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by mamalola19: 9:23pm On Apr 22, 2012
to+by:

lols at sup mama.
who is your mama?
pendo?
please i have had enough lol today.
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 22, 2012
pendo89: ^^ in the library grin

You know there are several ways to reach that very topic on veges without taking on a vegie character. grin
You now remind me of my favorite cartoon series, the vegie tales and their sailor song.
Talking of sailor,have you ever sailed anywhere or are you a boatman afraid of deep seas?? Ok first,have you ever been out in the sea,river or stream? which
There you go! I have kicked it off.If you answer you are in trouble cz now you won't rest.
oh, well, I've been out on the sea. Not many times, though. I've been so close I could touch the water as we moved, and quite far I could only admire its deceptive serenity. Streams? I must have had a bath down in one while younger. Oh yes, I spent some time in the countryside grin Though am a bad swimmer, I don't think am afraid of the waters.
and you? don't tell me you a sailor! Plus who watches Veggietales and is not a vegetarian!?
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by Flashaldrin(m): 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2012
pendo89:
eg?

babe i love your swag
you dey do me yori yori
babe you fine die
guy when you go take me out naa
guy send me credit naa
grin grin grin grin
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by Flashaldrin(m): 9:30pm On Apr 22, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

seriously thats my style, i make friends first, to develop a good understanding and helps eliminate the awkward moments.
But most naija girls are too impatient and quickly write you off as boring angry angry
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by pendo89(f): 9:39pm On Apr 22, 2012
sauer:
oh, well, I've been out on the sea. Not many times, though. I've been so close I could touch the water as we moved, and quite far I could only admire its deceptive serenity. Streams? I must have had a bath down in one while younger. Oh yes, I spent some time in the countryside grin Though am a bad swimmer, I don't think am afraid of the waters.
and you? don't tell me you a sailor! Plus who watches Veggietales and is not a vegetarian!?

Well me! I watch them yet I can eat a roasted bull alone.Do you really think that people sing about how they live?
I believe the characters behind those cartoons are meat lovers. Yeah on tv they talk vegie but at home they eat meat burgers in darkness grin
Back to sailing. How did you guess right?? cheesy cheesy .Yeah,I sail cz am a fisherwoman.I catch small fish called omena.You know those lil tiny silverish things with shiny eyes? Mmhh .That is what takes me out into the ocean everyday.
So which sea was this you sailed? The black sea? cz we got many black seas in Africa. lipsrsealed The environmentalists can confirm that.
Now tell me, how cld you risk sailing if you can't swim? Anybody contemplating going out into the sea must at least learn hw to swim.You never know and its good to increase ur chances of survival you know.I cant even cross the ferry if I do not know how to swim! I just have this phobia.

Ok I guess that's enough practicals for the op

1 Like

Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by pendo89(f): 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2012
Flashaldrin:
babe i love your swag
you dey do me yori yori
babe you fine die
guy when you go take me out naa
guy send me credit naa
grin grin grin grin

angry angry angry
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2012
Pendo89, sauer, ms chima, flashaldrin, @all - thx for d info. U've made my day (night).
Hmm, I ges I av to start working on mysef some more cos I'm kind of a geek (book, book - chasing exam after exam) but not particularly geeky wiv women tho - I still get along nicely. Some of the things up here are a lil too daring tho - 'll start wiv d seemingly more innocuous ones.
Much love.
More suggestion welcome btw.
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2012
pendo89:

Well me! I watch them yet I can eat a roasted bull alone.Do you really think that people sing about how they live?
I believe the characters behind those cartoons are meat lovers. Yeah on tv they talk vegie but at home they eat meat burgers in darkness grin
Back to sailing. How did you guess right?? cheesy cheesy .Yeah,I sail cz am a fisherwoman.I catch small fish called omena.You know those lil tiny silverish things with shiny eyes? Mmhh .That is what takes me out into the ocean everyday.
So which sea was this you sailed? The black sea? cz we got many black seas in Africa. lipsrsealed The environmentalists can confirm that.
Now tell me, how cld you risk sailing if you can't swim? Anybody contemplating going out into the sea must at least learn hw to swim.You never know and its good to increase ur chances of survival you know.I cant even cross the ferry if I do not know how to swim! I just have this phobia.

Ok I guess that's enough practicals for the op

fisherwoman? wow! now, that's cool. Never heard of omena. but it sure sounds tasty with the way you describe it. I'm no veggie myself, anywyz, though I think I'd love to be one. It just such an honourable undertaking.
i sailed on local rivers, inner waterways, if you will. I've sailed in airplanes above larger waters, though :p
did you just mention environmentalists? are you one? that's another lofty undertaking that tickles my mind.
Now, I really don't think it so scary being a bad swimmer and parading the waters. I take necessary precaution. Life jackets and such things. I can't stop myself traveling on water. I simply cant!
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by cowgurl: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2012
Me Op, u both can talk about ME, am inexhaustible. And 4 er refusal 2 commit, I tink she's gat fears considerin d fact u both stay apart, so reach out to her n quench dos fears.
Re: We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About by pendo89(f): 10:40pm On Apr 22, 2012
sauer:

fisherwoman? wow! now, that's cool. Never heard of omena. but it sure sounds tasty with the way you describe it. I'm no veggie myself, anywyz, though I think I'd love to be one. It just such an honourable undertaking.
i sailed on local rivers, inner waterways, if you will. I've sailed in airplanes above larger waters, though :p
did you just mention environmentalists? are you one? that's another lofty undertaking that tickles my mind.
Now, I really don't think it so scary being a bad swimmer and parading the waters. I take necessary precaution. Life jackets and such things. I can't stop myself traveling on water. I simply cant!

Arghh my weakness.I can talk hours on end and I got to prepare my fishing nets for tomorrow. grin
Nway Omena is the name given to the tiny fish by a famous fishing tribe in my country.Their economic activity is fishing.It's alocal dialect so I do not know what they are called in english or swahili.(my national language)
Tasty? never tasted.They look like small little shiny swords ready to wound.Not very mouth friendly to me. grin
Well well am an environmentalist in my own small way.Never won an award though embarassed cz my environment is my little sorrounding.I however love anything that touches on nature.I even have a blog on nature photos. cheesy Oh did I tell u I love photography?? smiley ah! that's a topic for another day.
Now now Mr.Sailor,I will tell u why its important to learn how to swim.
In my country some years back, we had a major ferry tragedy.Hundreds of people lost their lives in the shark infested waters! The few who made it knew how to swim.Even though its not easy during that moment of panic cz a drowning person can take u down with him.
Life jackets are good yeah, until you see a shark swimming in ur direction!! you will curse the jacket.

Finally are you in any way related to one Tom sawyer? Your name reminds me of the character.And guess what? he was a sailor!!

grin grin grin
Jeez am even scared of my own self and talk.I surrender now. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Know True Love? / 5 Types Of Women’s Underwear That Men Really Love (photos) / See Gbola! Pretty Lady Uses Fat Long Cucumber To Sex Herself On Instagram Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.