Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

The Godhead - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Godhead (3089 Views)

Godhead Is Not Trinity Nor Unitarity / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:21am On Apr 23, 2012
The Godhead
April 23, 2012

"For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily" (Colossians 2:9)

The term "Godhead" occurs three times in the King James translation. Each time it translates a slightly different Greek noun, all being slight modifications of the Greek word for "God" (theos, from which we derive such English words as "theology".) It essentially means the nature, or "structure," of God, as He has revealed Himself in His Word.

The first occurrence is in Acts 17:29: "We ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device." Men have been guilty throughout the ages of trying to "model" the Godhead, but this leads quickly to idolatry, whether that model is a graven image of wood or stone or a philosophical construct of the human mind.

What man cannot do, however, God has done, in the very structure of His creation. "The invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead" (Romans 1:20). His tri-universe (space, matter, and time, with each component unique in definition and function, yet permeating and comprising the whole) perfectly "models" His triune nature (Father, Son, Holy Spirit--each distinct, yet each the whole).

This analogy can be carried much further, for this remarkable triunity pervades all reality. The tri-universe is not God (that would be pantheism), but it does clearly reflect and reveal the triune nature of His Godhead.

The last occurrence of the word is in our text. Although we cannot see the Godhead in its fullness, that fullness does dwell eternally in the Lord Jesus Christ. All that God is, is manifest in Him. "And ye are complete in him" (Colossians 2:10). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Godhead by logicboy: 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
His tri-universe (space, matter, and time, with each component unique in definition and function, yet permeating and comprising the whole) perfectly "models" His triune nature (Father, Son, Holy Spirit--each distinct, yet each the whole).

Utter nonsense.

1) Space, matter and time have nothing to do with God. Your God is timeless and is not made of matter because he is spiritual.

2) The triune nature of your God make him more mythical. Zeus too had many forms, he was an old king of Olympia, He took the form of a raging bull or sometimes an eagle. Furthermore, there are many triune Gods known to man before your God http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_deities

3) What is the point of believing in a God that shrouds himself in mystery? We should believe in him but we arent able to understand the godhead?
Re: The Godhead by Heathen(m): 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2012
this is gibberish!
Re: The Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2012
logicboy:

Utter nonsense.

1) Space, matter and time have nothing to do with God.
It depends on which God you are talking about, the idols or the Creator God?

logicboy:

Your God is timeless and is not made of matter because he is spiritual.
You are not far from the truth.

logicboy:

2) The triune nature of your God make him more mythical. Zeus too had many forms, he was an old king of Olympia, He took the form of a raging bull or sometimes an eagle. Furthermore, there are many triune Gods known to man before your God http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_deities
There are myths and there are true myths. Your Zeus are myths but the only tri-une God is true myth. All other gods are idols (fallen angels).

logicboy:

3) What is the point of believing in a God that shrouds himself in mystery? We should believe in him but we arent able to understand the godhead?
The tri-une God remains a mystery to adherents of false religions and skeptics but to those who truly seek to know Him He reveals Himself in His Creation and Scripture.
Re: The Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2012
Heathen: this is gibberish!
It is a mystery that has been revealed to the diligent seekers of the truth.

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory"

Jesus Christ was God in human form.
Re: The Godhead by Heathen(m): 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Jesus Christ was God in human form.
Yes and jesus prayed to himself, he also queried why he had forsaken himself on the cross. Super!
Re: The Godhead by ijawkid(m): 2:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
Sometimes I feel God should throw a new original bible frm d skies and let's start afresh.....
Man has rili tampered wit d scriptures to d extent that God is now 3 distinct individuals not making up 3 gods but 1 God...

Thanks to pagans for showing false christianity d light of trinity....

Mayb d jews,abraham and all d rest never understood this sacred secret.....

God died,God prayed to himself,God within himself never knew somethings(like when d world would end) while another part of himself knew d secret.....

God is also greater than himself....

The founders of trinity will surely pay for this crime when d end comes
Re: The Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2012
Heathen: Yes and jesus prayed to himself, he also queried why he had forsaken himself on the cross. Super!
You should note that the second Person was praying, talking to the first Person in the Godhead.
Re: The Godhead by Goshen360(m): 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2012
ijawkid: [size=15pt]Sometimes I feel God should throw a new original bible frm d skies and let's start afresh.....[/size]
Man has rili tampered wit d scriptures to d extent that God is now 3 distinct individuals not making up 3 gods but 1 God...

God died,God prayed to himself,God within himself never knew somethings(like when d world would end) while another part of himself knew d secret.....

grin grin grin grin grin grin. Funny statement.

I thought you are the one I explained this to in another thread? Just asking pls.
Re: The Godhead by ijawkid(m): 2:40pm On Apr 24, 2012
@goshen....ur answers were not tight enough to give me a reason why Jesus will pray to himself....

U sounded half and half,agreeing that Yahweh is greater than Jesus......

Ur not a full trinitarian my bro....

Go to d catholics and let them show u what trinity is all about...

If u haven't believed that mary is the mother of God then u haven't started..lol

Meanwhile like I said earlier we need a new bible frm d heavens....because king james did his own addition and subtraction from d originals.....

Flaws here and there....mythical words in d bible....pagan words attached to godly observances.....fixing of words to support d trinity dogma....

That's why isaac newton discarded d trinity dogma....
Re: The Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2012
ijawkid: Sometimes I feel God should throw a new original bible frm d skies and let's start afresh.....

It is true that pagans believed in triads of gods who headed up a pantheon of many other gods. These triads constituted three separate gods (polytheism), which is utterly different from the doctrine of Trinity that maintains that there is only one God (monotheism) with three person within the one Godhead.

ijawkid:

The OT is awash with the revelations of the Godhead even creation reflects it. However, Christ who was concealed in the OT is now revealed in the NT.

ijawkid:

Jesus Christ, the second Person in the Godhead came as a man, and in His humanity, he talked and prayed to the Father in the perspective of humanity and at other times He spoke in the perspective of His divinity (Philipians 2:5-11). Had He been speaking from His divinity, He would not have said He did not know the day or hour. Other verses show that Christ, as God, knows all things (Matthew 17:27; Luke 5:4-6; John 2:25; 16:30; 21:17). Since Christ came as a man -- and since one of the proper duties of man is to worship, pray to and adore God -- it was perfectly proper for Jesus to address the Father in prayer.

ijawkid:
That is if you believe in the "oneness" doctrine.

ijawkid:
Re: The Godhead by ijawkid(m): 4:37pm On Apr 24, 2012
@ola....in other words ur saying that when Jesus came to the earth he wasn't part of d Godhead...

For Jesus to either forget or suffer from memory loss as regards to when d world will end shows that he wasn't part of d God head when he was on earth....am I correct

Because ofcus Jesus came from heaven and he remembered perfectly where he came from and so he had his memory intact...

Ur excuse that he was in bodily form so he had to act like he didn't know or forget he knew is d dumbest thing I've ever heard...ur in other words ur saying Jesus forgot he was part of a God head who knew everytin b4 coming to earth.

Because it was with that same body,human form that Jesus opened his mouth and its 1 scripture u guys go quoting about to prove Jesus is Yahweh when he said ""before abraham was I AM""...I believe when he made that statement he had his memory back,but when he said ""the day and hour no one knows ,neither d angels,nor the son,but only the Father"" he had amnesia....right??.

Was that d explanation Jesus gave to his disciples or is that what d bible told u?
Re: The Godhead by ijawkid(m): 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2012
@ola....in other words ur saying that when Jesus came to the earth he wasn't part of d Godhead...

For Jesus to either forget or suffer from memory loss as regards to when d world will end shows that he wasn't part of d God head when he was on earth....am I correct

Because ofcus Jesus came from heaven and he remembered perfectly where he came from and so he had his memory intact...

Ur excuse that he was in bodily form so he had to act like he didn't know or forget he knew is d dumbest thing I've ever heard...ur in other words ur saying Jesus forgot he was part of a God head who knew everytin b4 coming to earth.

Because it was with that same body,human form that Jesus opened his mouth and its 1 scripture u guys go quoting about to prove Jesus is Yahweh when he said ""before abraham was I AM""...I believe when he made that statement he had his memory back,but when he said ""the day and hour no one knows ,neither d angels,nor the son,but only the Father"" he had amnesia....right??.

Was that d explanation Jesus gave to his disciples or is that what d bible told u?

Which ever way u look @ it Jesus did d same thing every other person subordinate to Yahweh will do.....
He prayed to Yahweh(knelt down for that matter),and said everything a son will say to his Father who is greater than him....

And down till today Jesus still remains subject to his DAD....
Forever subject......read 1corinthians 15:26-28
Re: The Godhead by ijawkid(m): 4:47pm On Apr 24, 2012
And make no mistake about it Jesus wass doing what he had always been doing since d worlds beginning....obeying and worshipin Yahweh all the way..
Re: The Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2012
ijawkid: ..

And make no mistake about it Jesus wass doing what he had always been doing since d worlds beginning....obeying and worshipin Yahweh all the way..
So who do you think Jesus is? Was He a created being or the uncreated Creator?
Re: The Godhead by Heathen(m): 5:49pm On Apr 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
You should note that the second Person was praying, talking to the first Person in the Godhead.
So there are atleast two different people in the godhead mafia?
Re: The Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2012
Heathen: So there are atleast two different people in the godhead mafia?
They are three and this is revealed in creation.
Re: The Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2012
Universe = Space, time and matter.

God made space in 3 dimensions probably to remind us of the trinity;

Height, Length and Width;
(Up and down, left and right, forward and backward);
Other movements are combinations of these directions in space.

God in three persons and still one in nature, space is also in three dimensions and one in nature.

Another reflection is when God created time in Genesis 1:1.

Even though time has one dimension it is perceived in three divisions:Past, Present and Future. Time reminds us of God's triune nature, which is three in One.

God lives outside time, called eternity which is the life time of the never dying God. He has given us this gift through the second Person in trinity. Whoever receives the Son receives eternal life. Romans 6:23; 1John.5:11-13.

Matter is primarily composed of three types of particles (atoms) with the exception of hydrogen.

Atomic particles speak of God's triune nature. They have a three in one nature comprising of Protons, Neutrons and Electrons.

Protons and Neutrons each contains three smaller particles called quarks

God has revealed to us His divine nature by the natural things He has created so we have no excuse. Romans. 1:18-20

The Bible also records His Trinity in Genesis that , in the beginning (time), God(Elohim; Father, The Word and The Holy Spirit) created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter). Genesis 1:1; John.1:1; 1John.5:7.

Therefore, the universe itself is a three in one orderly way reflecting its Ruler and Maker who is the Alpha and Omega who created it and sustains it by the Word of His Power (Hebrews 1:3)

-See what one of the few astrophysicsts in creation science research in the name of Jason Lisle who has a Ph.D. in astrophysics could reflect, thinking God's thoughts after Him.
Re: The Godhead by Goshen360(m): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2012
@ ijawkid,

I don't know OR understand why this thing is too mysterious for you to understand.lolz. Anyway, am not going into that today. I will save it for next time. The bible calls this "Godhead" a mystery and it is what it is,okay. In truth, God is incomprehensible. We might not be able to fathom God in totality (Psalm 139:6; 145:3, Romans 11:33-36) however, we can truly know God because He created us in His image, gave us His word, gave us revelation of himself even though we cannot fully God, we may know him truly. Deut 29:29. Human speculations about God is never sufficient to lead us to the full knowledge of God.

Can I give you a puzzle to solve....if you can?

When you hear the word "Godhead" what does it imply to you?
Re: The Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16pm On Apr 26, 2012
The Godhead

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth" (Genesis 1:26)

1:26 in our image. God is, as it were, taking counsel here with Himself, not with angels, since man was to be made in the image of God, not of angels. “Our image,” therefore, implies human likeness to the triune Godhead. Plants possess a body, and animals a body and consciousness. Man was not only to have a body (of the created “earth”) and a consciousness (of the created “soul”), but man was also to possess a third created entity, the image of God, an eternal spirit capable of communion and fellowship with his Creator.

1:26 likeness. Man was not only created in God’s spiritual image; he was also made in God’s physical image. His body was specifically planned to be most suited for the divine fellowship (erect posture, upward-gazing countenance, facial expressions varying with emotional feelings, brain and tongue designed for articulate symbolic speech–none of which are shared by the animals). Furthermore, his body was designed to be like the body which God had planned from eternity that He Himself would one day assume (I Peter 1:20).

For more . . . .
Re: The Godhead by Kay17: 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
You have just identified two seperate persons!!
Re: The Godhead by Kay17: 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
So who do you think Jesus is? Was He a created being or the uncreated Creator?
Jesus and God are both creators?
Re: The Godhead by Kay17: 1:26pm On Apr 26, 2012
Goshen360: @ ijawkid,

I don't know OR understand why this thing is too mysterious for you to understand.lolz. Anyway, am not going into that today. I will save it for next time. The bible calls this "Godhead" a mystery and it is what it is,okay. In truth, God is incomprehensible. We might not be able to fathom God in totality (Psalm 139:6; 145:3, Romans 11:33-36) however, we can truly know God because He created us in His image, gave us His word, gave us revelation of himself even though we cannot fully God, we may know him truly. Deut 29:29. Human speculations about God is never sufficient to lead us to the full knowledge of God.

Can I give you a puzzle to solve....if you can?

When you hear the word "Godhead" what does it imply to you?
God is incomprehensible, how did you know that?
Re: The Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2012
Kay 17:
You have just identified two seperate persons!!
Yes, and yet they are One. 1 x 1 x 1 = 1
Re: The Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:50pm On Apr 26, 2012
Kay 17:
Jesus and God are both creators?
Jesus Christ is the Uncreated Creator and redeemer of our souls.
Re: The Godhead by ijawkid(m): 4:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
@joe and OLA...

God is not incomprehensible,trinitarians made Him...

Simple things have become so complicated because both translators who wanted to make d trinity teaching stand edited some verses frm d originals and also philosophies of men and pagan doctrines crept into d church...

Jesus came here on earth not to show he was d supreme God,but that he was sent by d supreme one,who is Yahweh as we know...

Jesus never used science as u guys are doing,using matter,space and time to explain a doctrine d scriptures never founded....

If I am to imitate d christ of which he himself told us to imitate,then I'll worship the God he worshipped......how does that sound??

if I ask a simple question:::::
Who is ur Godand I tell u to mention ur 1 God by name,I know it will be a question hard for u to answer.....

And so I'll ask u both...

What is the name of your 1 God...?
Re: The Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2012
ijawkid: @joe and OLA...

God is not incomprehensible,trinitarians made Him...

Simple things have become so complicated because both translators who wanted to make d trinity teaching stand edited some verses frm d originals and also philosophies of men and pagan doctrines crept into d church...

Jesus came here on earth not to show he was d supreme God,but that he was sent by d supreme one,who is Yahweh as we know...

Jesus never used science as u guys are doing,using matter,space and time to explain a doctrine d scriptures never founded....

If I am to imitate d christ of which he himself told us to imitate,then I'll worship the God he worshipped......how does that sound??

if I ask a simple question:::::
Who is ur Godand I tell u to mention ur 1 God by name,I know it will be a question hard for u to answer.....

And so I'll ask u both...

What is the name of your 1 God...?

He is the Great I AM THAT I AM, the Ever present ELOHIM; The EL SHADDAI All Sufficient One, the Covenant keeping, never failing YAHWEH.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him, and without Him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:1-2).

You can see from the text the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the Eternal One who co-existed with the Father. He is the Word, the Creator and the Light. And as the Eternal One He lives forever. As the Creator, He made all things, as the Word He sustains the Universe.
Re: The Godhead by ijawkid(m): 9:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
@ola.....who is ur God

Yahweh or Jesus christ or both
Re: The Godhead by Goshen360(m): 9:15pm On Apr 26, 2012
Kay 17:
God is incomprehensible, how did you know that?

You can truly know God but you cannot fully understand/know God.

The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law. Deut 29:29 kjv.

This verse shows that NOT ALL THINGS are revealed. So how do you FULLY comprehend/know when not all thing are revealed?
Re: The Godhead by Kay17: 9:51am On Apr 27, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Yes, and yet they are One. 1 x 1 x 1 = 1
Yea I agree with you. But you have not accounted for the holy spirit and Jesus.
OLAADEGBU:
Jesus Christ is the Uncreated Creator and redeemer of our souls.
I thought God was the Creator?
Goshen360:

You can truly know God but you cannot fully understand/know God.

The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law. Deut 29:29 kjv.

This verse shows that NOT ALL THINGS are revealed. So how do you FULLY comprehend/know when not all thing are revealed?

Didn't you just contradict yourself.
Re: The Godhead by Kay17: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2012
^^^
If I said God was the Devil and a liar, you don't have much of an objection.

Incomprehensible attribute doesn't cover partial understanding. It points at the inability of understanding/ knowledge to cover such subject.
Re: The Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On Apr 27, 2012
ijawkid: @ola.....who is ur God

Yahweh or Jesus christ or both
Jesus Christ is my Lord and my God!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Time Is Human Creation, A Natural Illusion, Time Doesnt Exist In The Real Sense. / Why Are Whites The Prophets And No Black In Christian And Islam / Unclad Ladies Caught In Church (pics included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.