Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,567 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:46 PM

God Is Forgiving - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Forgiving (878 Views)

Forgiving A Rapist: Does Jesus Call Us To Forgive Even Something This Terrible? / Mary Mary’s Tina Campbell Renews Her Vows After Forgiving Husband Of Infidelity / If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Forgiving by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 23, 2012
"He will turn again; He will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea." (Micah 7:19)

Have you ever wondered if God has really forgiven you of your sin after you've confessed it to Him, and asked His forgiveness? Do you fear there's a possibility that He'll hold your sin against you in the future? In our verse for today, God compares His forgiveness of our sins as if He has thrown them "into the depths of the sea."

Consider the following amazing facts about the deepest part of the sea:

• The deepest point of the Pacific Ocean is called the "Marianas Trench."

• Its depth is 36,089 ft. (nearly 7 miles!)

• The lowest part of the Marianas Trench is called the "Challenger Deep."

• "Mt. Everest could fit into the Challenger Deep and its peak still be covered by over a mile and a quarter of ocean. If you dropped a steel ball into the Challenger Deep from a ship, the ball would fall through the ocean for sixty-three minutes before it hit bottom." (Science 5 for Christian Schools, Second Edition, BJU Press, 1990, page 31.)
Just think what that means! The deepest part of the sea could completely cover Mt. Everest! Now, with that thought in mind, read Micah 7:19 once more. God is giving us a wonderful illustration to show us that our sins are forgiven for all eternity. We read in Jeremiah 31:34b, "For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." You will never have to wonder again whether your confessed sin will be forgiven by God. He has "cast all your sin into the depths of the sea."

Spend some time today in prayer thanking God for His assurance that your sins are forgiven. Another good verse to memorize would be 1 John 1:9: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

God forgives our sins and puts them far away from Him.

My Response:
» Have I been doubting God's promises about forgiven sin?
» How can I show others that I rejoice in an amazing, forgiving God?

1 Like

Re: God Is Forgiving by Kay17: 11:20pm On Apr 23, 2012
I don't see any good in "obeying" God. He can only serve his interest
Re: God Is Forgiving by logicboy: 1:06am On Apr 24, 2012
Did God forgive Sodom and Gommorrah

Did God forgive Judas, even though Jesus knew he was on to die?

Did God forgive Pharaoh with the plagues?
Re: God Is Forgiving by LogicMind: 4:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
i neither want nor need his forgiveness.
but if he truly repents and bows to me, i might forgive him.
Re: God Is Forgiving by Ptolomeus(m): 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2012
Is complex:
The Catholic God forgave and did not wipe out entire villages, spread terrible plagues against his "children" in the flood destroyed almost everything he had on earth, except his friend Noah, great adulterer ...
Neither the adult punished erio of his friends David, Abraham, Solomon, and many others ....
I believe that Judeo-Christian God must be an alcoholic, and reacts according to their moods.
The Judeo-Christian god has nothing to forgive, nor I do not want to forgive me anything.
Re: God Is Forgiving by Unitedsatanist(f): 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2012
I greet everyone on this forum and i am here to share on interesting threads with like minded peoples . i should start my very first conversation from here after i read through the thread the starter frosbel wrote that he'll return back again and i strongly believe he must be reffering to Jesus the Christian leader. that is too funny but please excuse me sir nobody need Jesus back . everyone of us is tired of him and also no one cares about his compassion either.

I also read where u wrote that he will subdue our iniquities....he will? cheesy cheesy what have he been waiting for before subdueing all our iniquities and also before i burst into laughet i wonder why he's delaying ? okay my forum members if God the father of JESUS can not subdue iniquity what the heck do u think that the same Jesus who was killed more than 2,000 years ego have any power to end sin....Sin is very powerful and it is the true nature of human being. we can't just do without *** sip my juice** grin grin

Even u and i know that as the bible claimed that Jesus died on the Cross so that sin can be cleaned out--- sin still remain and even worster than the olden days . the rate by which people sin of the modern world have so much increase still we keep seeing Christians making noise everywhere that jesus has blow away sin.

wow..... grin grin grin , frosbel i believe u most be one big joker for starting this thread..LOL grin

1 Like

Re: God Is Forgiving by Goshen360(m): 8:27pm On Apr 24, 2012
^
Sharaaap 'satan! grin

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. Jude vs.18
Re: God Is Forgiving by Unitedsatanist(f): 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2012
What is the meaning of word 'Sharaaap '...huh??

okay dear Goshen nobody is moking i believe this is a free online forum where people share things together in various thread and topic honestly my dear u really misunderstood me i guess . no mocking just expressing myself unless u are only hating me because of my name. Satan is a very lovely helper to the World and please i want we should discus that some other time lets face our topic wink wink

okay....and when u are talking about the last time i wonder how long long does it takes a time to count up to twenty hours. grin grin

Goshen360: ^
Sharaaap 'satan! grin

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. Jude vs.18

1 Like

Re: God Is Forgiving by Goshen360(m): 8:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
Unitedsatanist: What is the meaning of word 'Sharaaap '...huh??

okay dear Goshen nobody is moking i believe this is a free online forum where people share things together in various thread and topic honestly my dear u really misunderstood me i guess . no mocking just expressing myself unless u are only hating me because of my name. Satan is a very lovely helper to the World and please i want we should discus that some other time lets face our topic wink wink

okay....and when u are talking about the last time i wonder how long long does it takes a time to count up to twenty hours. grin grin

Mr Satan,

I don't hate you bro. You are not my enemy and will never be my enemy,okay.

Why did you just suddenly start using "my dear" on me Huh? Abeg take time o. grin Thou shall not tempt,lolz.

On the issue of last time or last days, you might have also misunderstood bible languages. A thousand years is like a day in the eyes of God. Many things we misunderstood in our childhood due to bible languages. For instance, when the bible says, last time or last days; it doesn't mean the world would end today or tomorrow,okay. It simply means we are in the last lap as in a marathon race. Also, the last time or last days doesn't begin today/now, it began in the 2000 years ago.

I hope this helps but if not, ask your questions and i will be willing to help. cool
Re: God Is Forgiving by Unitedsatanist(f): 9:03pm On Apr 24, 2012
Mr.Goshen you quit sound too funny.....wow! grin

please just a point of correction i am a woman and i shouldn't be address as a man . okay , i also mistype sometimes from

my keyboard . grin -- as a single woman u can address me as miss alright? wink

urrmm....addressing u as my dear isn't bad idea Goshen -- okay p^lease tell me how to address u just in case of next time okay? thanks but I'll be asking question if i have one later wink

1 Like

Re: God Is Forgiving by Goshen360(m): 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2012
Unitedsatanist: Mr.Goshen you quit sound too funny.....wow! grin

please just a point of correction i am a woman and i shouldn't be address as a man . okay , i also mistype sometimes from

my keyboard . grin -- as a single woman u can address me as miss alright? wink

urrmm....addressing u as my dear isn't bad idea Goshen -- okay p^lease tell me how to address u just in case of next time okay? thanks but I'll be asking question if i have one later wink

Now you don start dey do advert cos you don see say na same NY we dey. grin grin grin. I knew you are woman, I only set the trap. Alas, my bait caught you,lolz but I didn't know you are single except now that i also see you want to be addressed as ~Miss~. So when you dey type those things, your keyboard over power you grin

Addressing me as "my dear" isn't a bad idea huh Okay I will accept it and also address you anytime on this forum as "madam dearest"......don't tell anybody, just between you and me. okay. Na code wey we(u n me) go dey use anytime we jam ourselves here to exchange thoughts,So anywhere and time I respond to you with heading stating, "madam dearest", you should know am talking/referring to you. okay. grin

Well, my name I.D is ....(find out later) Goshen360. Son of the Most High God; A preacher of Righteousness; An Apostle of God, called to open the eyes of them that sit in darkness and to make ready a people prepared for God through the preaching/teaching of the power of the Gospel and the presentation of the Gospel of Power.

And in addition.....I'm also single. grin grin grin
Re: God Is Forgiving by Unitedsatanist(f): 9:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
Goshen dear i can see that u are very intersting man and funny too . Well , ain't in new york city i based in Paris my friend is a member of this online forum and he asked to sign up too...been refusing because sometimes i really find it so hard to read some of the words--- I guess most of the people here do not write in English---okay , Mr.Goshen u can address me as miss and thanks . I'll be addressing u as it pleased u too . wink

**eyeroll** but the only thing we have in mutaul is that we're both single! grin -- my boyfriend is on this thread and i guess he'll be seeing the whole conversation so please , phuk off my heaps before he kick u . . . tongue
Re: God Is Forgiving by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2012
Re: God Is Forgiving by Unitedsatanist(f): 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2012
This is an interesting topic with which we can share ideas.

It is also one of the reasons we all have favorite threads which we find to be an inspiration pertinent to either our own psyche or to aid our more pragmatic ends.

I have a few personal favorites. It's hard to choose. But here is one of my own that I find most inspiring since it is a literary enforcement of my strong anchorage in this carnal world:

There is no heaven of glory bright, and no hell where sinners roast. Here and now is our day of torment! Here and now is our day of joy! Here and now is our opportunity! Choose ye this day, this hour, for no redeemer liveth. Say unto thine own heart I am mine own redeemer.
Re: God Is Forgiving by Goshen360(m): 10:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
Unitedsatanist: This is an interesting topic with which we can share ideas.

It is also one of the reasons we all have favorite threads which we find to be an inspiration pertinent to either our own psyche or to aid our more pragmatic ends.

I have a few personal favorites. It's hard to choose. But here is one of my own that I find most inspiring since it is a literary enforcement of my strong anchorage in this carnal world:

There is no heaven of glory bright, and no hell where sinners roast. Here and now is our day of torment! Here and now is our day of joy! Here and now is our opportunity! Choose ye this day, this hour, for no redeemer liveth. Say unto thine own heart I am mine own redeemer.

Okay Miss,

It's okay. I get where you are going. We will deal with some issues of life "maybe tomorrow". I have to go off the internet soon, okay. God bless you.

Unitedsatanist: Goshen dear i can see that u are very intersting man and funny too . Well , ain't in new york city i based in Paris my friend is a member of this online forum and he asked to sign up too...been refusing because sometimes i really find it so hard to read some of the words--- I guess most of the people here do not write in English---okay , Mr.Goshen u can address me as miss and thanks . I'll be addressing u as it pleased u too . wink

**eyeroll** but the only thing we have in mutaul is that we're both single! grin -- my boyfriend is on this thread and i guess he'll be seeing the whole conversation so please , phuk off my heaps before he kick u . . . tongue

Okay Miss, no problem. You are most welcome on board. Sometimes, it's not good to be too rigid and too serious. I had to first use that method of laughter to ease all tensions first and then we can treat the thread. Like I said, we just met and we will deal with some issues, "maybe" from tomorrow. Okay. My regards to your friend. Tell him Goshen say Hi to him and tell me say no nothing o, make him no come kick me o.lolz. Thanks. ***waving***
Re: God Is Forgiving by Goshen360(m): 10:10pm On Apr 24, 2012
LoJ: Hello Goshen!

It's usually a pleasure for me to read you. You're well established in the word of Justice. And the fear of GOD overflows from your heart. I'm happy to read that you're an apostle of the Most High.

If I may add something is "be careful". There are dangers ahead of you, for the devil is willing to bring you down.

Be blessed!

Lion-EL

Hi Bro LoJ,

Thanks for the word of the Spirit. God bless you. You are a wonderful brother also. I have read your comments here on this session and I must say, they are full of great thoughts. Keep doing the work till we finish the race.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Surprised About Pastor Chris Okotie’s Divorce? / Rihanna's Where Have You Been Video: Illuminati? / TB Joshua - The Most Famous Nigerian In South Africa (Daily Trust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.